The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Walking Dead

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #776
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Default Re: "The Walking Dead" General Discussion Thread

That was deleted though, so who knows if it's canon.

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 12-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #777
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
That was deleted though, so who knows if it's canon.
Fudge it. They ain't gonna use them again. They got eated.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #778
bullets
bang bang

At least the writers don't have to feel pressured about leaving lose ends. The character either returns or we can assume they were killed.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #779
POWdER-man
Ancient but wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
Oh yeah, Morales chose to go a different route . I can't believe I forgot about that , lol. I kept thinking they were screwed , but it should be interesting to see some of the original cast return.

I just checked out the facebook game , it's kind of fun . My character looks like Nicolas Cage. . It's a strange that we get a group of survivors that are either from the show or made up for the game. I'm guessing Summer and her Mom are expendables.Hopefully Daryl and Michonne join the group at some point
I haven't seen either yet but I am just starting Season 1 but I have seen a few others so far. It's kind of like the other TWD game where some characters come in and out of the story.

My character kind of looks like Colin Farrell when he was Bullseye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgular
A census-taker tried to test me once. I ate his liver with McNuggets and a vanilla milkshake. Rabble rabble
"On the internet you can choose to be anything you want. So why do so many choose to be idiots?"
Old 12-09-2012, 11:21 PM   #780
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
They found their camp overrun in the alternate season 2 opener.
Hmm...really? I'll need to look that up and watch it. Are there any other deleted/alternate scenes worth watching?

Old 12-10-2012, 03:23 AM   #781
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Having watched the 8th episode last night, I think that, at least for now, the 2nd season was better. I felt that every episode on that season ended on a great cliffhanger leaving you starving for more. Not the same with the third. I don't feel as much tension as I used to feel with the second season.

Perhaps I'm getting tired of zombies or the show, but that's how I'm feeling so far.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:38 AM   #782
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick09 View Post
Having watched the 8th episode last night, I think that, at least for now, the 2nd season was better. I felt that every episode on that season ended on a great cliffhanger leaving you starving for more. Not the same with the third. I don't feel as much tension as I used to feel with the second season.

Perhaps I'm getting tired of zombies or the show, but that's how I'm feeling so far.

Interesting. While last year had plenty of good cliffhangers, this season overall is better.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:02 AM   #783
CoolCadaver49
Not a Hero...

In your opinion.

I actually liked the second season, though I do think the 3rd is slightly better so far. It has had its ups and downs though.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #784
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

I have yet to see a bad episode, myself.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:41 AM   #785
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dmg View Post
Hmm...really? I'll need to look that up and watch it. Are there any other deleted/alternate scenes worth watching?
I haven't watched them all, but this guy has them uploaded.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gabsterssss/videos?view=0

Old 12-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #786
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
I have yet to see a bad episode, myself.
Same here. I like every episode I've seen.
Just found myself not enjoying it as much as season 2, even though it dragged with Sophia's rescue.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #787
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Shane and Lori started banging after they thought Rick was dead and Shane put his ass on the line to protect her and Carl. The amount of time isn't stated I don't think.
I saw an interview with Andrew Lincoln where he mentions it was only 2 weeks from (I think) his accident or the outbreak until Shane and Lori hooked up.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Old 12-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #788
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
I saw an interview with Andrew Lincoln where he mentions it was only 2 weeks from (I think) his accident or the outbreak until Shane and Lori hooked up.
That would seem about right given that Rick's wound hadn't healed yet.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:29 PM   #789
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Wow, either Shane has that much game or Lori was that much of a hoe....or both. I don't care if there is an apocalypse and all that crap is going on I'm not hooking up with my best friend's wife and my wife better not hookup with my bestfriend in the span of a few weeks.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Old 12-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #790
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
Wow, either Shane has that much game or Lori was that much of a hoe....or both. I don't care if there is an apocalypse and all that crap is going on I'm not hooking up with my best friend's wife and my wife better not hookup with my bestfriend in the span of a few weeks.
Why does it have to be either? She pretty much thought she lost her husband twice-over, she was alone in an earth-shattering situation, probably losing even more people that she loved than we even know about. And throughout all this, a man she's known for years and who loved her husband almost as much as she did is working his as off to protect her and her son, as if they were his own wife and child. He was doing what her husband couldn't, because in her mind, she was never going to see her husband again, so she sought comfort in him.

Believe me, I see the faults in Lori and Shane as much as anybody, but anyone who gets high and mighty about this is full of it. It's a situation none of us will probably ever know. No one knows what the hell they are going to do in that new world, nor do they know who they'll become.

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 12-10-2012, 09:46 PM   #791
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

I don't blame Lori for banging Shane. I just blame her for being a ***** about it.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #792
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Why does it have to be either? She pretty much thought she lost her husband twice-over, she was alone in an earth-shattering situation, probably losing even more people that she loved than we even know about. And throughout all this, a man she's known for years and who loved her husband almost as much as she did is working his as off to protect her and her son, as if they were his own wife and child. He was doing what her husband couldn't, because in her mind, she was never going to see her husband again, so she sought comfort in him.

Believe me, I see the faults in Lori and Shane as much as anybody, but anyone who gets high and mighty about this is full of it. It's a situation none of us will probably ever know. No one knows what the hell they are going to do in that new world, nor do they know who they'll become.
I half agree with you. What I'm saying though is 2 weeks:| ....really 2 weeks? Could her dead husband at least get a month.

You're right though, who knows what we would do in that type of situation. However, why is it that a man can not protect a woman and a child, have love for them, and have her return that affection and appreciation towards the man and not have it become sexual. She could have easily showed her affection just by remaining a friend, but instead it became sexual 2 weeks after all h*ll broke loose.

I'm not really saying they are at fault for what they did, just the time length things occurred and how she acted after she found out her husband was back and things transpired at the farm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
I don't blame Lori for banging Shane. I just blame her for being a ***** about it.
Lol, this.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #793
CoolCadaver49
Not a Hero...

Quote:

I completely agree, great post.

Lori isn't a very likable character, but I think a lot of hate directed her way is unfounded (somewhat similar to how the Breaking Bad community hates Skylar, though to a lesser extent).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
However, this is my exact attitude about the whole situation as well. It's like she channeled all of her guilt into hatred directed at Shane. Of course, then Shane became a mustache-twirling villain, so...

Old 12-11-2012, 04:34 AM   #794
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

I only discovered about Lori and Skyler's haters when I started looking at the forums for the respective shows. I never hated them.

I was impressed with Anna Gunn's acting and didn't have time to dislike the character. As for Sarah Wayne Callies, I liked her in Prison Break, so that probably helped her case.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #795
CoolCadaver49
Not a Hero...

Same here in Skylar's case. I never hated her, and I could understand what drove her to make the decisions that she did. Every actor on that show is brilliant.

With Lori, I pretty much "nothing"ed her. All my fan-hate was directed and Andrea (and later, Michonne). They seriously need to get at least one likeable female character on the show...

Old 12-11-2012, 09:32 AM   #796
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick09 View Post
I only discovered about Lori and Skyler's haters when I started looking at the forums for the respective shows. I never hated them.

I was impressed with Anna Gunn's acting and didn't have time to dislike the character. As for Sarah Wayne Callies, I liked her in Prison Break, so that probably helped her case.
Yup, with Skylar you can easily look at her side of what's happening and her reaction is pretty much justified.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #797
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

True for Skylar. Just think Lorie and Shane could have waited a bit.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:16 AM   #798
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Yeah, I have to wonder if Rick and Lori were at odds at all before things went to hell. I mean, most of us wouldn't do what Lori did in this situation, but I guess the thought that nothing will be normal again might get her riled up and whatnot. Really, I can only imagine Lori probably slept with him within days of the outbreak. Which really is even worse.

Actually, considering some TWD actors and actresses were involved, this brings up a problem I had in The Mist, but the novel version. Specifically, in the film Thomas Jane's chracter David befriends Laurie Holden's Amanda, but that is what it amounts too, and even at the end when David finds his wife is dead, it only builds to the darker ending. However, in the novel, David and Amanda sneak off to the manager's office and end up having sex, well before David even knows anything about his wife (and, in the novel he never actually finds out if she is alive or dead, and his son was with him in the store when he snuck off). There is no reason for it, in fact David and Amanda don't really interact much according to the novel before this, but because they are in a possibly apocalyptic senario, suddenly their sex is ok, and I don't recall David ever feeling remorse regarding his marriage. Guess its just a common theme in these types of media.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:41 AM   #799
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Well, every pre-zombie flashback, aside from Shane trying to save Rick, had Rick or Lori talking to a friend about a fight they had.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #800
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

True, but dang. It seems like sex is a primary necessity/product to apocalyptic chaos lol.

Closed Thread