The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Old 12-08-2012, 05:17 PM   #526
DaveMoral
Side-Kick

Default Re: JGL as Batman!!!???

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername8 View Post
I feel that this would feel really odd especially for the GA. It would be completely throwing away some elements of TDKR and screw Nolan's trilogy over more than using Blake as Batman.
I think it could prove interesting. It would create a situation where Nolan's trilogy is still it's own thing but his Batman can be in a New Movie Earth kind of situation, with other heroes. Sort of like Miller's Dark Knight Universe shares(or shared until New 52) canon stories with the main story but also departs in some of it's own ideas. Year One was the origin for Batman in the main DCU and in Miller's Dark Knight Universe.

DaveMoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #527
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

I'm not too fond of that idea. It's very hard to do time travel and parallel universes in comics without having a lot of things that don't make sense, let alone in a movie.

Shikamaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #528
combocaz
Side-Kick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Cyborg -Ray Fisher
Aquaman -Jason Momoa
The Flash Ezra Miller
Green Lantern ?????
combocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:37 PM   #529
cleverusername8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMoral View Post
I think it could prove interesting. It would create a situation where Nolan's trilogy is still it's own thing but his Batman can be in a New Movie Earth kind of situation, with other heroes. Sort of like Miller's Dark Knight Universe shares(or shared until New 52) canon stories with the main story but also departs in some of it's own ideas. Year One was the origin for Batman in the main DCU and in Miller's Dark Knight Universe.
But what I was saying is that TDKR doesn't have any room to allow for that storywise. We know that Bruce was around for the whole 8 years in the mansion. I believe they said that he even came out a couple of times and of course Alfred was waiting on him for that time.

Then there is the whole thing about him losing all the cartilage in his leg due to the inactivity. They couldn't use that as a plot point because it was obviously a surprise to Bruce when he found out.

Making something up like "the time stream travel made it so that no time actually passed" is a cheap excuse that the GA will not buy at all let alone fans.

I like the basis of the idea but putting it after TDK rather than TDKR is not the greatest.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #530
Denny67
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
yeah he said realistic is not the right word, relatable is.
I'd prefer entertaining and believable. I never got the "realistic" or "relatable" as a film goal when dealing with something as fantastical as superheroes. I think most people who enjoy this form of entertainment are looking to escape reality for a little while.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:38 PM   #531
conan69
Cimmerian

Quote:
Nolan himself said in a recent interview he doesn't consider the films realistic.
Which kind of contradicts Bales words of one of the things they were going for with BB. The memory cloth, the tumbler, the military armor - were all thought up with the idea of putting Batman into reality.... how could this hero "really exist".

conan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:03 PM   #532
Fudgie
Banned User

I dunno how the hell anyone can call he Nolan Batman flicks realistic. Ninjas in the Nepal mountains trying to destroy cities and stuff. The Joker and his chaos plans, and Two Face and that scarring. Bane and his 5 month siege.

Comic book stuff.

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:52 AM   #533
conan69
Cimmerian

Nevermind

Last edited by conan69; 12-11-2012 at 07:17 AM.
conan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #534
Zionite1
Side-Kick

:rofl

Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #535
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Among the filmmakers who turned up to praise the Les Misérables star at the Museum of the Moving Image's salute to Jackman in lower Manhattan on Tuesday night was The Dark Knight Rises director Christopher Nolan who grew an enormous Cheshire-Cat grin when I asked him if the Superman reboot he is producing, Man of Steel, would see a cameo by Joseph Gordon-Levitt, or any actor, as Batman, and if he had any objections to a cameo as a continuity move to tie the Supes movie to the 2015 Justice League movie.

"I can't talk about that. You know that," Nolan said cheerily. I didn't know that, actually, but now that I do, I feel compelled to point out that, despite the frustratingly inconclusive nature of his answer, it's not a 'No.' Yes, JG-L's camp shot down the speculation as "entirely false" back in November, but if the idea had been ruled out, wouldn't Nolan be saying something along those lines, too, so that the fan boys could move on? You know how angry they can get when their casting hopes and dreams are suddenly deflated after being allowed to build for months.
http://movieline.com/2012/12/12/chri...-hugh-jackman/

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:35 PM   #536
Denny67
Side-Kick

There is no way that this should happen. WB would be making a HUGE gaff. People would be so damn confused and everyone who isn't will just be pissed.

I mean to not have Bruce Wayne as Batman in the first ever Justice League movie is just flat out stupid. Name me one kid out there or adult (even non-comic fans) that does not know Bruce Wayne is Batman? My mom and in-laws are in their 60’s and they know Bruce Wayne is Batman. Hell, my dog knows Bruce Wayne is Batman! WB is going to make the granddaddy of all comic book movies and they are going to compromise the integrity and history of their most popular comic character. For what? To do Nolan “a solid” and cast his boy?

Only in Hollywood.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:44 PM   #537
shauner111
Side-Kick

That's a very strange response coming from Nolan. He's been very straight when asked about Justice League this past summer, it's always a big no on his part. Now he's smiling and being secretive like he would for his own movies? Perhaps he really is producing this thing so he just wont say anything. If i had to make a guess, the JGL thing is perhaps "in talks" or Nolans producing and he'll let them bring Bale back for a one-time only thing. It still wouldnt be another Batman movie with the guy so its not going against anything. He aint coming back to Gotham. Nolan wouldnt be doing more Batman movies. So why not?

The world would implode.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #538
Frodo
Side-Kick

Well that certainly could be seen as evidence that the story could be accurate afterall, though he wouldn't confirm or deny it. I'd be stunned if he did sign off on a Blake/Batman for MOS and JLA but this is hollywood and stranger things have happened. I still think its a lame, and a bad idea, whether Nolan approves it or not.

However WB is gonna do what they want regardless whether its galluping toward a success, or off a cliff.

Whichever route they chose , I just hope the script is good and another GL .

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #539
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
That's a very strange response coming from Nolan. He's been very straight when asked about Justice League this past summer, it's always a big no on his part. Now he's smiling and being secretive like he would for his own movies? Perhaps he really is producing this thing so he just wont say anything. If i had to make a guess, the JGL thing is perhaps "in talks" or Nolans producing and he'll let them bring Bale back for a one-time only thing. It still wouldnt be another Batman movie with the guy so its not going against anything. He aint coming back to Gotham. Nolan wouldnt be doing more Batman movies. So why not?

The world would implode.
There definitely were developments which made Nolan (and even Snyder) change the way he's reacting to all these questions. Maybe a trade off happened. Nolan agrees to produce JL and WB gives him something in return. But weren't there rumors that Nolan is leaving WB?

Old 12-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #540
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny67 View Post
People would be so damn confused and everyone who isn't will just be pissed.
Why would anyone be confused?

Old 12-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #541
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
But weren't there rumors that Nolan is leaving WB?
Because Alan Horn works at Disney now and that was the WB honcho he was buddies with. But you never know. I'm sure he'll do a movie for Disney eventually if not next.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #542
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Because Alan Horn works at Disney now and that was the WB honcho he was buddies with. But you never know. I'm sure he'll do a movie for Disney eventually if not next.
Ah, that makes sense. I just remember reading that rumor quite a number of times but I never figured out the reasoning why.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:14 PM   #543
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
There definitely were developments which made Nolan (and even Snyder) change the way he's reacting to all these questions. Maybe a trade off happened. Nolan agrees to produce JL and WB gives him something in return.
I think WB will have a big announcement in the works. It is unusual Nolan is playing coy with the JL question now... he is usually open and frank about this. Maybe he saw the script and liked it? Perhaps he's doing a MOS-type thing where he handpicks the director again?

Very interesting...

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #544
Zionite1
Side-Kick

This is suprising.I always though that making Bruce retire for 8yrs thing was Nolans way of enesuring that his Btamsn wld be difficult to intergrate into a JL movie-in other words I thought Nolan was pretty against it.
I really dont want any of Nolans Batman to be JL batman they just arent qualified enough.

Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #545
shauner111
Side-Kick

Very interesting indeed.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #546
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

I'm ok with this, as long as Bruce shows an appearance, or we're hinted at him still being around, and then in the second JLA movie, Bruce Wayne has to reclaim the mantle in the second act. Then the third film we get Bruce Wayne's Batman. (Maybe with Robin/Nightwing in there, or have his death being the thing to bring back Bruce Wayne).

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Asteroid-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #547
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:

The world would implode.
If Chris is genuinely happy with this film being made, that means we could see The Dark Knight Trilogy being integrated. I think that would be Batman, Robin and Superman. Frickin' sweet.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #548
shauner111
Side-Kick

Batman, Robin, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Flash? Jesus Christ.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #549
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
I think WB will have a big announcement in the works. It is unusual Nolan is playing coy with the JL question now... he is usually open and frank about this.
Nolan is usually open and frank??

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #550
shauner111
Side-Kick

About the Justice League and producing future DC films or not? yes he is usually open.