The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #101
Poeman
Banned User

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Falcao is a monster

Old 12-10-2012, 04:35 AM   #102
bapi
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Cool, you found a pic from 3 years ago, doesn't change anything about what happened today. I don't remember any United fans running on the field trying to assault the ref but sure. You weren't even a City fan when Craig Bellamy played for them.
Actually I was. Also I remember what happened to Garrido at Old Trafford.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 12-10-2012, 06:46 AM   #103
B
[insert witty comment]

Manchester Derby: 9 Charged by Police

Quote:
However, officers have charged nine people with offences including racially aggravated public order and breach of a football banning order.

Whatever, I'm not even gonna get started about any idiots involved in any sort of racially motivated chants or action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bapi View Post
Actually I was. Also I remember what happened to Garrido at Old Trafford.
What I find amazing is that you seem to think because some idiot(s) have thrown things towards visiting players at Old Trafford in the past that it somehow justifies or vindicate the Manchester City fan(s) disgraceful behaviour yesterday.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:21 AM   #104
Poeman
Banned User

If Man City fans are capable of this after a derby loss, how do you think they would have reacted had Man U won the league last season and QPR would have beaten Man City.

I think they go after their own players and probably crucify Mancini

Old 12-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #105
Kaleb
Your 2010 SHHFFL Champ

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...w-8399285.html

Old 12-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #106
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
What I find amazing is that you seem to think because some idiot(s) have thrown things towards visiting players at Old Trafford in the past that it somehow justifies or vindicate the Manchester City fan(s) disgraceful behaviour yesterday.
Exactly. We're not saying those incidents were ok but it doesn't change the fact of what happened yesterday.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 12-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #107
Poeman
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
Viva le Klaas...Just hope he is not a Niclas Bendtner over here...

Old 12-11-2012, 04:16 AM   #108
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Ashley Cole family 'happy at Rio Ferdinand being hit by coin

Don't you love when our sport just sinks even lower

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 12-11-2012, 06:33 AM   #109
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

What's low is how some stupid online comments from a players family makes front page news!! If Cole himself had said it, agreed with it, 'retweeted' it, etc, that would be newsworthy, but his family? Seriously, who gives a sh#t about any of them? Never knew nor cared that he had a brother before glancing over the Daily Mirror's 2 page 'article' on the matter.

This whole social media crap should have a huge 'most of the stuff people post here is utter crap' message bannered at the top of every page. Probably won't stop the media making a meal out of what John Terry's milkman has just tweeted though...

Old 12-11-2012, 06:58 AM   #110
spidey-dude
@Ciaran_CP

^agreed - big deal if Ashley Coles mother gives a crap about Rio - her son might be a good footballer but he's a scumbag from what I've heard anyway so I can only imagine what she is like

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
twitter: @Ciaran_CP

Old 12-11-2012, 08:11 AM   #111
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
What's low is how some stupid online comments from a players family makes front page news!! If Cole himself had said it, agreed with it, 'retweeted' it, etc, that would be newsworthy, but his family? Seriously, who gives a sh#t about any of them? Never knew nor cared that he had a brother before glancing over the Daily Mirror's 2 page 'article' on the matter.

This whole social media crap should have a huge 'most of the stuff people post here is utter crap' message bannered at the top of every page. Probably won't stop the media making a meal out of what John Terry's milkman has just tweeted though...
that was the point of why i posted it. that morons like the coles are being made news worthy. it wasnt a dig from a united fan at chelsea

most in should know me by now that if i wanna call a player from any team be it city, united, chelsea, liverpool a low life scum sucking ******** then i'll call him a low life scum sucking ******** and wont be backwards about it

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 12-11-2012, 12:41 PM   #112
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
that was the point of why i posted it. that morons like the coles are being made news worthy. it wasnt a dig from a united fan at chelsea

most in should know me by now that if i wanna call a player from any team be it city, united, chelsea, liverpool a low life scum sucking ******** then i'll call him a low life scum sucking ******** and wont be backwards about it
I wasn't saying it was a dig by you, I was just pointing out the absurdity of such a thing being front page news. The media are just as stupid as the Cole's for thinking that rubbish merits a story. It's more an indicator of how low our media has got than our Sport.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #113
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Social media is one of the worst inventions ever.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 12-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #114
Van Petrol
Hound Of Justice

Embarassing stuff. We really seem to be in freefall now. One wonders where and when it will all end?

Old 12-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #115
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

When I saw Arsenal lost I assumed they threw out a weakened side. That was a pretty strong team Arsene put out there. Sorry VP.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 12-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #116
Van Petrol
Hound Of Justice

Quote:
When I saw Arsenal lost I assumed they threw out a weakened side. That was a pretty strong team Arsene put out there. Sorry VP.
Don't be, it was embarassing, but the writing has been on the wall for a long time and tonight was no different. I go into every match now expecting us to lose regardless of the opponent or the side we field. To think, after going a season unbeaten in the PL who'd of thought almost a decade later we'd be in this state. Sickening.

Apparently Fergie's interested in bringing Lolcott to United, and I've heard he's put his house on the market, so he definately seems to be on the move either way.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #117
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Fergie can never have enough wingers I guess.

VP: Do you think Wenger needs to go? I mean, there has to be a manager out there just chomping at the bit to get a run with Arsenal. It seems like to me as an outsider, Wenger instills an almost defeatist attitude. At some point he needs to instill more ambition than simply finishing 4th.

Last edited by Darthphere; 12-11-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #118
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

I didn't even know there was a match yesterday!!!
Full strength you say?

Batman- Ben Affleck, 41
Superman- Henry Cavill, 29
Wonder Woman- Gal Gadot, 28
The Flash- Jake Gyllenhaal, 31
Green Lantern- Ryan Reynolds, 36; Idris Elba, 40
and
Vandal Savage- Javier Bardem, 43
Old 12-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #119
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

I thought the players let him down tonight, Wilshire was the only one who seemed to throw everything into the game until the Ox came on. Cazorla and Podolski didn't look like they were interested.

As for Walcott, no offence to VP but we already have one average English winger, we don't need another.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 12-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #120
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Thumbs up Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Being good at football is not an act of provocation

Old 12-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #121
Van Petrol
Hound Of Justice

Quote:
Fergie can never have enough wingers I guess.

VP: Do you think Wenger needs to go? I mean, there has to be a manager out there just chomping at the bit to get a run with Arsenal. It seems like to me as an outsider, Wenger instills an almost defeatist attitude. At some point he needs to instill more ambition than simply finishing 4th.
Yes and no. Yes, because I feel his ideals on the pitch are stale and out of date. No, because I don't know if there is another quality manager out there who can operate under the constraints he has too.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #122
Van Petrol
Hound Of Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I thought the players let him down tonight, Wilshire was the only one who seemed to throw everything into the game until the Ox came on. Cazorla and Podolski didn't look like they were interested.

As for Walcott, no offence to VP but we already have one average English winger, we don't need another.
The way we're going Wilshire will be the next one to eventually go. It's a shame watching him play his heart out when no one else seems to care.

No offence taken, you should know by now I'm not Lolcott's biggest fan.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:02 PM   #123
Poeman
Banned User

I am embarrassed to be rooting for this Arsenal team

Old 12-12-2012, 06:22 AM   #124
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
The way we're going Wilshire will be the next one to eventually go. It's a shame watching him play his heart out when no one else seems to care.

No offence taken, you should know by now I'm not Lolcott's biggest fan.
He looks like he'll be captain in the future so they really need to give Wenger the money to build around him as if he goes it really will be bleak.

I know lol I was just trying to be diplomatic.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:30 AM   #125
Dr. Evil
Bishop

If Los Angeles is looking for a replacement for Beckham, it's not going to be Kaka:

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/69/tr...-galaxy-rumors

Yet somehow, they will probably be rumored to be linked to Frank Lampard, Michael Ballack, Didier Drogba and Ronaldinho. And why not? Beckham has made MLS an option to where if that international player plays well in MLS, he'll go back to Europe on loan such as the case with Thierry Henry and Robbie Keane 12 months ago (both are once again rumored back to Europe on loan deals). However I am one of those who thinks that many foreigners who have played in Europe who are considering MLS only want to play for LA and New York.

I have my doubts that Ballack, Lampard, Drogba and Ronaldinho would ever consider MLS teams outside of LA and New York, although Toronto, DC and (maybe) Chicago would probably be teams that they would consider besides LA and New York. And even though they are in Los Angeles, Chivas USA will never be an option for any of those high profile foreigners unless Chivas USA makes significant changes.

Los Angeles has one Designated player spot open with Beckham gone, although they could have two open up should Landon Donovan retire. That means (if they have the money) that they could sign Lampard and possibly even Drogba or Ronaldinho.

I think it's safe to say that MLS best international player (now that Beckham is gone) is Theirry Henry.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Closed Thread