The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #526
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Default Re: Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - Part 13

Last time I checked, neither Finch nor Jenkins is writing TDK anymore. And Finch isn't being allowed to write period.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #527
HighFivingMF
Welp.

In short: Simone should learn to draw.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:00 PM   #528
Cain
"West West Y'all"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
To be honest, I dropped the book after issue 10 so I'm not too broken up about it.
I couldn't even make it past the first arc which was terrible. To say that it was a massive step down from the last 2 volumes of the series would be an understatement. So sorry Gail Simone fans but I won't be crying a river over the news that she got kicked off the book.

Pull list: Saga, Thief of Thieves, The Manhattan Projects, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Archer & Armstrong, Shadowman, Green Lantern, Red Lanterns, Justice League 3000, Action Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Red Hood & The Outlaws, Swamp Thing, All-Star Western, Earth 2, Daredevil, All-New X-Men
Old 12-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #529
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

I've never been a fan of Simone. Her secret six run was interesting, but even that was not that appealing to me. And I really don't like her run on batgirl. it is very boring.

Some men just want to watch the DCCU burn.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #530
cryptic name
No Limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn View Post
Hah. All the famous comic book writers on Twitter are whining about it (especially Joe Hill, who really needs to just shut the hell up in general). None of them seem to get that Batgirl sucked, and Firestorm sucked even worse. You really can't write mediocre comics and expect to have a job.
Lol, since when?

I believe in Batfleck
Old 12-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #531
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn View Post
Last time I checked, neither Finch nor Jenkins is writing TDK anymore. And Finch isn't being allowed to write period.
I'm pretty sure that if Finch wanted another writing gig, DC would give it to him. And Paul Jenkins is still getting work where he got one of his projects Kickstarted with Humberto Ramos on art and BOOM! publishing it.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:02 PM   #532
DrMylesOBoogie
Side-Kick

March solits are on newsarama. Personally I think
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Damien will be killed

Old 12-10-2012, 06:22 PM   #533
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

i bet you 1000 u.s. dollars he won't be

Make mine DC, if you please.

every1 says im 2 aloof but idc
Old 12-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #534
DrMylesOBoogie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughNTumble View Post
i bet you 1000 u.s. dollars he won't be
I tend to agree with the logic of this article.

Again WARNING**POTENTIAL SPOILERS

http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/12/10...solicitations/

and the theory that Synder could be setting up
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Harper Row as the new Robin

Old 12-10-2012, 07:37 PM   #535
WeeZiTe
Side-Kick

I doubt Snyder will be killing Damian. He's Morrison's to kill.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #536
DrMylesOBoogie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeZiTe View Post
I doubt Snyder will be killing Damian. He's Morrison's to kill.
Morrison's run ends very soon.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #537
Cain
"West West Y'all"

Morrison will have 3 months left of his story by March. If Damian dies by anybody else's hand I'll riot. I don't want Robin V to be killed period but if it's a must I'd rather the creator knock him off.

Pull list: Saga, Thief of Thieves, The Manhattan Projects, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Archer & Armstrong, Shadowman, Green Lantern, Red Lanterns, Justice League 3000, Action Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Red Hood & The Outlaws, Swamp Thing, All-Star Western, Earth 2, Daredevil, All-New X-Men
Old 12-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #538
WeeZiTe
Side-Kick

Doesn't it end in issue 12? That's like 6 more issues, 3 more from the March solicits. I think Morrison might kill him, but I don't think any of those solicits are any indication of that.

I hope he doesn't, though. I've grown accustomed to the little ****head.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #539
HighFivingMF
Welp.

I'm still going with Alfred.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #540
WeeZiTe
Side-Kick

I feel like Alfred is too obvious, but I don't know who else it could be.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:30 PM   #541
Spade
Cool and Chiseled

It might as well be Morrison who kills him off. The last time DC killed off a kid, they used a reboot to write her out of existence.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:43 PM   #542
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

I want Damien to die. He's a good temporary addition to the Batman mythos, but I don't like the idea of a biological Bruce baby being a permanent fixture to the Batman comics.

Part of the appeal to the father/son dynamic with Bruce and the Robins is that he adopts them all. It's his choice to take them in and make sure they don't end up like he did.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:58 PM   #543
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

The grandson of the demon has been part of the mythos for at least 20 years, it's only since Morrison came along that they actually made it continuity. I don't see it as a big deal for Bruce to have a biological son, it's not like he loves him best or anything, nor have any of the creators or stories implied that. if anything he gets on with him the worst.

What's different and new about Damian is that he puts the Batman/Robin dynamic on it's head by making him the dark one in need of a partner to keep him in the light, and Bruce taking in Damian and making sure that he doesn't end up like him or his mother doesn't seem that different from what he did with Dick,Jason or Tim.

Sure there's some obligation there but so what? It's still Bruce choosing to take in this lost child and steer him down the right path.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:14 AM   #544
DrMylesOBoogie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeZiTe View Post
Doesn't it end in issue 12? That's like 6 more issues, 3 more from the March solicits. I think Morrison might kill him, but I don't think any of those solicits are any indication of that.

I hope he doesn't, though. I've grown accustomed to the little ****head.
I think he's the best character introduced to comics in a very long time. It's crazy. it also highlights how bad the handling of the Batman was with the New 52. They should have just rebooted Batman with the rest of the 52 and let Morrison finish off his run as the last entry to the old pre-Flashpoint continuity. Morrison could have done something amazing with that freedom and told his version of Batman's final story.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:33 AM   #545
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Honestly, the only problem I'd have with them killing Damien is that it will mean the potential return of the annoying, one dimensional Batdick.

Then again, he seems to have come back anyway with Snyder's run.

And I don't feel bad about Simone getting the sack at all. It seems that whenever she gets to write one of her iconic dream characters, she chokes, just like with her Wonder Woman run. She might as well stick to second tier characters.

Last edited by The Batman; 12-11-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #546
WeeZiTe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMylesOBoogie View Post
I think he's the best character introduced to comics in a very long time. It's crazy. it also highlights how bad the handling of the Batman was with the New 52. They should have just rebooted Batman with the rest of the 52 and let Morrison finish off his run as the last entry to the old pre-Flashpoint continuity. Morrison could have done something amazing with that freedom and told his version of Batman's final story.
Morrison seems to be doing his own thing anyway in Batman, Inc. without any interference anyway. That said, I still hope Damian doesn't die because I also think he's one of the best and most interesting new characters in awhile.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:13 AM   #547
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Agreed. I don't want Damian to die. He's a great addition to the mythos.

Some men just want to watch the DCCU burn.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #548
Cyclops3235
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léo Ho Tep View Post
Agreed. I don't want Damian to die. He's a great addition to the mythos.
Could it be that Joker dies, by one of the batfamilys hands? Reading the march solits with this in mind creates some interesting plot threads, especially if you reread under the the red hood, specifically batmans speech to jason.

What if Bats actually kills joker this time, and that's what yields all this emotional torment for Dick, Tim, and Bruce himself in the March solicitations?

DC: Batman, Batman Inc., Justice League, JLA, Earth 2

Marvel: Uncanny Avengers, All New X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, Thor: God of Thunder

Last edited by Cyclops3235; 12-12-2012 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Spelling.... Jesus
Old 12-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #549
Mystirious
Immortal Lesbian

I dont think anyone will die in death of the family personally

They'd never kill off Gordon or Alfred and the rest all have their own series that they are continuing to star in when the story is over

I think the death is metaphorical. The Bat family will either find out a secret that Bruce has been keeping that stops them trusting him like the JLA in Tower of Babel or else Bruce will do something that makes them turn away from him and be at him for a while

Also I find it hillarious that Bruce thinks its impossible that Joker could know his secret identity

Sure Bruce

Your orphaned at a young age by an act of violence by a gun wielding crook and then dissapear for a whole bunch of years. When you come back suddenly there's a vigilante with access to ridiculously expensive gadgets and a burning hatred for criminals and especially for guns running around in your city

No one could possibly work out that your one and the same

Humankind is enslaved by giraffe
Old 12-12-2012, 05:36 PM   #550
TheDarkKnight08
genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops3235 View Post
Could it be that Joker dies, by one of the batfamilys hands? Reading the march solits with this in mind creates some interesting plot threads, especially if you reread under the the red hood, specifically batmans speech to jason.

What if Bats actually kills joker this time, and thats what yeilds all this emotional torment for Dick, Tim, and Bruce himself in the March solicitations?
That would be... strangely satisfying. At least for me. It's a new direction for Bruce, seeing him react to him breaking his own rules. And for the rest of the family, seeing their "father" fall from grace. Goes to show just how powerful the Joker really is: Even in death, he still manages to beat Batman.

The fan reaction would be a sight to behold, though.

If any character has ever earned the right to enjoy a happy retirement, it is Bruce Wayne. Nolan ought to be commended for caring enough about the character and believing enough in his own vision to provide a definitive, satisfying ending to the story of an ordinary man who turned tragedy into the motivation to accomplish something extraordinary.
Closed Thread