The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #326
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 2

The solocits of DC comics were released today and among them was the Injustice Gods Among Us #3 Comic.

Quote:
INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US #3
Written by TOM TAYLOR
Art and cover by JHEREMY RAAPACK
On sale MARCH 27 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
• Based on the upcoming DC fighting game from NetherRealm Studios, creators of Mortal Kombat.
• A new world order seizes the reins of power, forcing heroes to face each other in a fight to save humanity.
• Which side will Wonder Woman choose?
I wonder what side she'll chose. Bats or Supes

Old 12-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #327
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

Wow! Even if I could fight like Batman and had powers like Superman I wouldn't stand a chance against her...I'd be staring at her chest until I got cut down.

I really hope the in-game Wonder Woman looks good and it's just that we've been seeing poor recordings that don't do justice to character detail.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:10 PM   #328
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

I'd bet money WW sides with Supes in this game

Old 12-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #329
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

Im really on the fence on what side Wondy chooses. And if the trailer serves right Batman did say, "If you push that button, 8 million will die." I dont think she'll actally let someone (Supes) do something like that. Wondy has always been the voice of reason among the trinity, why would she discard her wisdom. Although it looks like Bats and Supes are really taking extreme measures, so they might have more than two teams.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:30 PM   #330
RCM
Mortal Kombatant

Well recently wonder woman and supes are smooching so my guess is shes on Kal's side. Unless she gets jelouse of Lois Lane and kills her and.... Nah thatll never happen.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:14 PM   #331
Themrmusicman14
Side-Kick

I found this character banner of Deathstroke on the Injustice facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater Its obviously Gotham City. Or maybe even Arkham City...... Anyways its a new stage and something new

Old 12-11-2012, 01:42 AM   #332
zeptron
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee View Post
In the original reveal trailer there was an ice beam attacking Flash. Odds are this is Captain Cold since he is a well-known ice based Flash villain. That said, I can't help but wonder what kind of fan reaction there would be though if this turns out to be Mr. Freeze, Sub Zero, or someone else. Personally I like Mr. Freeze the best and would be happy to see him.

For some other ice based contenders see Robot Chicken DC Comics special (3:20 - 5:10): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgnuaK4bcY0
Well they did say that story revelance would play a factor into a character's inclusion and I honestly see Captain Cold fitting in moreso that Freeze as he's the leader of the Rogues. I also think if Freeze were in, he'd end up being slow and clunky because of his suit.

And IMO, all the mainstream DC heroes in the game should have a respective villain. Captain Cold would be perfect for Flash. Batman already has Joker, Harley, and Catwoman(if you count her as a villain). Superman will most definitely have Lex and probably Darkseid. Wonder Woman could have either Circe or Ares. Green Lantern could have Sinestro. And Aquaman(if he's in which I'm sure he is) could have Black Manta.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:50 AM   #333
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

and......now even Injustice comic WW looks better than in-game model WW.........

Old 12-11-2012, 10:07 AM   #334
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOVOXO View Post
Im really on the fence on what side Wondy chooses. And if the trailer serves right Batman did say, "If you push that button, 8 million will die." I dont think she'll actally let someone (Supes) do something like that. Wondy has always been the voice of reason among the trinity, why would she discard her wisdom. Although it looks like Bats and Supes are really taking extreme measures, so they might have more than two teams.
The story line of this game seems like it's modeled after the Kingdom Come story line. Wonder Woman sided with Superman there.

Given two equally morally grey choices I think she would naturally side with Superman over Batman. Superman and Wonder Woman have so many similarities that they have to have developed a respect for eachother's way of thinking and formed a deeper bond than other teammates. Superman and Wonder Woman are both outsiders to the world they protect. They both typically approach problems by charging in an "honorable" way and relying on their might while presenting themselves as brightly colored symbols where, in contrast, Batman approaches tactically from the shadows and many times relies in fear and intimidation. While Wonder Woman might respect what Batman can accomplish, I would think this style difference would leave a little bit of a barrier between her and Batman. Additionally, Wonder Woman might have some issues with taking orders from a mortal man as well, even if it is Batman.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #335
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

Maybe if Power Girl is in the game she'll side with Supes, then Bat's side would need a heavy hitter so maybe WW will infact be on Bat's side. Would be kind of one sided if it was superman, power girl, wonder woman and whoever else vs bats and a couple other gadget characters

Old 12-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #336
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

it could very well be Superman and "power characters" vs Batman and "gadget character."

Old 12-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #337
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Both use ice. I'd rather have a character that isn't associated with Batman. Also, with the Netherrealm touch, he might turn out badass.
Captain Cold is badass with anyone's touch.

Mark Strong as Sinestro
Blake Lively as Carol Ferris
Old 12-14-2012, 12:01 PM   #338
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
it could very well be Superman and "power characters" vs Batman and "gadget character."
I'm sure they'll mix it up with the character and have it be equal with power gagdet characters. and as to other as I said before don't assume anything on "who on who's" side i'm sure they will make sure to not do that ,like how the comic writers keep doing so when big cross over events in comic's happen cause fan do that same thing and the writers don't like that, so they throw things off on what you'd expect of them to do. which would nature for their character.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #339
Themrmusicman14
Side-Kick

I think they should reveal things more frequently now. There's a month long pause between characters and the new stages are just pictures with a little bit of gameplay. Not to mention that Green Lantern and The Joker got revealed in October and we still haven't got any gameplay. I mean seriously, theres four and a half months left until release and we only have 13 characters out of the confirmed OVER 24 roster and 7 stages out of 15

Old 12-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #340
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

Seems like Boon decided to answer some Injustice questions on twitter today. The first question was about Doomsday chances, his replay was "Definitely a chance". The second was about Superboy, Boon stated "Superboy chances pretty low". Im not surprised about his Superboy answer, but the thing about Doomsday is that he is already in the game.

Old 12-15-2012, 07:58 PM   #341
Savage
Earth Rocker

I wonder if Batman or a villain on his team will unleash Doomsday on Superman.

"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow
Old 12-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #342
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage View Post
Joker would unleash Doomsday just for the fun of it.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #343
badgrammar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage View Post
It would makes more sense if all the villians in this game are wild cards, and have two villans manipulate a war between Batman and Superman.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #344
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Yeah, I see Lex taking advantage of the situation & using it as a way to get Supes out of the picture.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:42 PM   #345
Savage
Earth Rocker

That's a possible scenario. I'm pretty anxious to see what this storyline is that splits the hero community. It could very well be a war so big that they accept villains on their teams (like Marvel's Civil War). Doomsday could be a wildcard that brings both sides together. It's be a nice change of pace from Darkseid. Brainiac is another possibility, I feel.

"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow

Last edited by Savage; 12-17-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #346
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Superman and Batman feud over whose movie trailer was more awesome.....and then all hell breaks loose..........

Old 12-18-2012, 05:01 AM   #347
RCM
Mortal Kombatant

if aquaman makes it Im gonna scream outrageous!!! every time I do a special move

Old 12-18-2012, 08:27 AM   #348
Savage
Earth Rocker

I wish I could like posts on here.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #349
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

when do you think we'll get another reveal?

think we will get an Xmas surprise?

Old 12-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #350
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

I don't know. There are several ways to think about it from a marketing perspective: Maybe people are generally distracted with the holidays, anticipating other products, and won't take as much notice in December. Or, maybe now is the time to remind people that your product is coming down the road and to generate a little hype to remind people to budget for it.

If I were in charge I would offer a small reveal to keep the hype from those already excited about the game: a new trailer featuring Joker/Green Lantern gameplay on the Arkham stage. I would then hit the ground running in early/mid January with consistent reveals of new stuff until launch.

Closed Thread