The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

View Poll Results: What is your favorite comic book film of all time?
Spider-Man (2002) 13 12.26%
Spider-Man 2 26 24.53%
The Amazing Spider-Man 20 18.87%
The Dark Knight 49 46.23%
The Dark Knight Rises 24 22.64%
Marvel's The Avengers 36 33.96%
Iron Man 20 18.87%
Captain America: The First Avenger 7 6.60%
Thor 11 10.38%
Superman 10 9.43%
Superman II 6 5.66%
V For Vendetta 5 4.72%
Watchmen 3 2.83%
X2: X-Men United 17 16.04%
X-Men: First Class 11 10.38%
Other 15 14.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 12:29 AM   #76
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
No other CBM needs to try to be like TDK for TDK to still remain as one of the best CBMs. Imo, TDK and TDKR will most likely be memorable as Superman: The Movie still is to this day.
I didn't say that a CBM needs to try to be like TDK to be the best. I said TDK has become a modern trend, where other films continue to try to be like it.

I doubt TDKR will be that memorable. While TDK is up there, I would say the same for SM2 then, Avengers, and a few others, too. But that doesn't mean they are classics.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:16 AM   #77
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I didn't say that a CBM needs to try to be like TDK to be the best. I said TDK has become a modern trend, where other films continue to try to be like it.
But is it really just TDK or moreso as Nolan's creation of something "dark" with way back in Batman Begins, which, imo, created more of a trend with following films than TDK which really only inspired Skyfall so far and maybe Star Trek Into Darkness.

Quote:
I doubt TDKR will be that memorable. While TDK is up there, I would say the same for SM2 then, Avengers, and a few others, too. But that doesn't mean they are classics.
Ehh, I do think TDKR will be memorable. The conclusion to Nolan's trilogy with a fitting ending is what will make the film most memorable than the entire thing itself. Imo, such as how TDK is memorable for a few reasons as well.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:50 AM   #78
bullets
bang bang
 
bullets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: in the abstract
Posts: 27,419
Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
It's been very very long since the last time I watched the Crow
Maybe I should watch it again

I love that film

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:50 AM   #79
Climperoonie
A God Named Sparkles?
 
Climperoonie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: England, with the crime and Jack the Ripper
Posts: 1,439
Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

While personally I don't rate TDK anywhere near as high as most people do (7/10 maybe?) I can see why it's such a critically acclaimed film and why so many take inspiration from it.

As to Chaseter, TASM is my favourite CBM of all time because of how it made me feel on first watch. Yes, I can admire Spider-Man 2 for what a well constructed film it is, but at the end of the day I did not, and never did, connect with Tobey's portrayal of Peter Parker, much less so Kirsten Dunst. Perhaps as well now it helps that I'm a similar age to TASM's Spider-Man so can empathise better, as well. But TASM is the first comic-book movie - Heck, probably first movie - I've seen that at the end left me genuinely emotional, because of how much I enjoyed and how invested I was in this interpretation of my favourite character, or to put it more accurately, my hero.

Did all of the news which came out after about the deleted scenes and behind the scenes shenanigans make me annoyed? Yes, of course. But that only affected my second watch and took nothing away from that first experience of the film. Rewatches since have not felt any lessened either. So to me, The Amazing Spider-Man is my favourite Comic Book Movie because of my investment in it, how well pulled off the characters were (IMO, of course), how it made me feel when I first saw it and because, on that first watch, it was a flawless film. Yes, it has flaws, many, in fact, but on first watch that film connected with me so much I saw none of them, and that's what's important.

Just my two cents!

__________________
... But then again, I think The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is one of the best CBMs ever, so what do I know?
Climperoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:59 AM   #80
bullets
bang bang
 
bullets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: in the abstract
Posts: 27,419
Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I didn't say that a CBM needs to try to be like TDK to be the best. I said TDK has become a modern trend, where other films continue to try to be like it.

I doubt TDKR will be that memorable. While TDK is up there, I would say the same for SM2 then, Avengers, and a few others, too. But that doesn't mean they are classics.

I think it's safe to say The Dark Knight is an instant classic. TDKR has the distinction of blowing up a football stadium , but I don't know where it will stand with the test of time.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:03 AM   #81
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 34,869
Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climperoonie View Post
While personally I don't rate TDK anywhere near as high as most people do (7/10 maybe?) I can see why it's such a critically acclaimed film and why so many take inspiration from it.

As to Chaseter, TASM is my favourite CBM of all time because of how it made me feel on first watch. Yes, I can admire Spider-Man 2 for what a well constructed film it is, but at the end of the day I did not, and never did, connect with Tobey's portrayal of Peter Parker, much less so Kirsten Dunst. Perhaps as well now it helps that I'm a similar age to TASM's Spider-Man so can empathise better, as well. But TASM is the first comic-book movie - Heck, probably first movie - I've seen that at the end left me genuinely emotional, because of how much I enjoyed and how invested I was in this interpretation of my favourite character, or to put it more accurately, my hero.

Did all of the news which came out after about the deleted scenes and behind the scenes shenanigans make me annoyed? Yes, of course. But that only affected my second watch and took nothing away from that first experience of the film. Rewatches since have not felt any lessened either. So to me, The Amazing Spider-Man is my favourite Comic Book Movie because of my investment in it, how well pulled off the characters were (IMO, of course), how it made me feel when I first saw it and because, on that first watch, it was a flawless film. Yes, it has flaws, many, in fact, but on first watch that film connected with me so much I saw none of them, and that's what's important.

Just my two cents!
Nice post

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
We're abusing our acronym privileges...
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
He looks like a spider, he looks like a bug
We should all give him one big hug
Look out, oo hoo
Here comes the Spider-Man
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:14 AM   #82
DACrowe
Side-Kick
 
DACrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 26,006
Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I didn't say that a CBM needs to try to be like TDK to be the best. I said TDK has become a modern trend, where other films continue to try to be like it.

I doubt TDKR will be that memorable. While TDK is up there, I would say the same for SM2 then, Avengers, and a few others, too. But that doesn't mean they are classics.
TDKR will likely stick around as the sequel to TDK. Similar to how Return of the Jedi is still remembered as the sequel to Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back or The Temple of Doom is still remembered in the same breath as Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade. TDKR is a good movie that will hang in there because it is the sequel to a great one.

But yes, reading Joker's first link on the last page from all those filmmakers reminds me why TDK is such a unique film. I still do not think any film in this genre has topped it.

__________________
"Let us disappoint the Men who are raising themselves upon the ruin of this Country."

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:18 AM   #83
DACrowe
Side-Kick
 
DACrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 26,006
Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
But is it really just TDK or moreso as Nolan's creation of something "dark" with way back in Batman Begins, which, imo, created more of a trend with following films than TDK which really only inspired Skyfall so far and maybe Star Trek Into Darkness.



Ehh, I do think TDKR will be memorable. The conclusion to Nolan's trilogy with a fitting ending is what will make the film most memorable than the entire thing itself. Imo, such as how TDK is memorable for a few reasons as well.
While I think BB was an important film in studio business--it created the term "reboot" and proved it was successfully viable and helped pave the way for everything from Casino Royale to The Incredible Hulk a few years later--TDK has been more influential creatively. On the aforementioned link in my last post, many young up-and-coming filmmakers credit TDK with allowing them to take more chances on studio/franchise movies like Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Thematically I see its influence in TASM and Skyfall just this year. It looks like it is influencing Star Trek next year. So, it has played a larger role, in my opinion.

__________________
"Let us disappoint the Men who are raising themselves upon the ruin of this Country."

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:36 AM   #84
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

If the movie is still fresh in 10 years, it will be a classic. For comic book fans, its rewatchable. But I've shown it to other people who loved it upon its release, watched it on DVD several times, and now can't make it past the first 20 minutes or so.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:15 AM   #85
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 34,869
Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

I forgot the Mask
That one is a darn good comic book movie, I like it more than the Avengers

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
We're abusing our acronym privileges...
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
He looks like a spider, he looks like a bug
We should all give him one big hug
Look out, oo hoo
Here comes the Spider-Man
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #86
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

Oh yeah, I remember the Mask. I don't know if I'd place it that high up, but its at least one of my favorite Jim Carey films.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:58 AM   #87
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 36,585
Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
If the movie is still fresh in 10 years, it will be a classic. For comic book fans, its rewatchable. But I've shown it to other people who loved it upon its release, watched it on DVD several times, and now can't make it past the first 20 minutes or so.
I've heard that be said about every CBM movie that's considered a classic. Scratch that, I've seen that be said about practically every movie that's considered a classic at one time or another.

I've seen The Godfather be called boring and impossible to sit through. I've seen the Shawshank Redemption be called a snoozer. I've seen Spider-Man 2 be called a soppy dull love story. I've seen the LOTR movies called difficult to watch etc.

Your point is moot. Every classic timeless movie has been subject to what you just said.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:15 AM   #88
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I've heard that be said about every CBM movie that's considered a classic. Scratch that, I've seen that be said about practically every movie that's considered a classic at one time or another.

I've seen The Godfather be called boring and impossible to sit through. I've seen the Shawshank Redemption be called a snoozer. I've seen Spider-Man 2 be called a soppy dull love story. I've seen the LOTR movies called difficult to watch etc.

Your point is moot. Every classic timeless movie has been subject to what you just said.
While these films are often called boring by people, its usually the general audience, not major film critics, or those who study film. We had this discussion in film classes, where its been argued what makes a movie a "classic." Of course, there is no list of movies set in stone, and its hard to say since the perspective of each viewer is different.

The Dark Knight, IMO, is really overrated. I'm not trying to put the film down (as you can see in my signature, its my second favorite CBM of all time). It will be just as much of a classic as the 1989 Tim Burton Batman film. In the world of Comic Book movies, sure, it will be viewed as one of the best, but speaking of films overall, I highly doubt it.

Anyways, I'm tired of this discussion.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #89
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
If the movie is still fresh in 10 years, it will be a classic. For comic book fans, its rewatchable. But I've shown it to other people who loved it upon its release, watched it on DVD several times, and now can't make it past the first 20 minutes or so.
Which film? TDK or TDKR?

Either way, that sucks for them, haha. I'm already planning on watching another marathon of the DK trilogy hopefully this weekend.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #90
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

^TDK, not TDKR

But like I said... done with this discussion lol.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #91
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
While I think BB was an important film in studio business--it created the term "reboot" and proved it was successfully viable and helped pave the way for everything from Casino Royale to The Incredible Hulk a few years later--TDK has been more influential creatively. On the aforementioned link in my last post, many young up-and-coming filmmakers credit TDK with allowing them to take more chances on studio/franchise movies like Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Thematically I see its influence in TASM and Skyfall just this year. It looks like it is influencing Star Trek next year. So, it has played a larger role, in my opinion.
I always saw more BB than TDK in TAS-M, especially with giving more time on the origin, but I do wonder what will TAS-M 2 feel more like since, imo, Skyfall blatantly felt like a TDK copycat going right down to the villain.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:12 AM   #92
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I always saw more BB than TDK in TAS-M, especially with giving more time on the origin, but I do wonder what will TAS-M 2 feel more like since, imo, Skyfall blatantly felt like a TDK copycat going right down to the villain.
I agree, TASM felt more like BB than TDK. If TASM2 is like TDK, maybe the villain will have a larger role in the film.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #93
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

Indeed. The villain needs a larger role; can't wait to see what Webb does with a B, almost C rated villain such as Electro when he's the main villain in the sequel.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #94
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

Finally made it!

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=450037

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #95
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 36,585
Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
While these films are often called boring by people, its usually the general audience, not major film critics, or those who study film.
How do you know that? How do you know the people who say it have never studied film? You don't.

Quote:
The Dark Knight, IMO, is really overrated. I'm not trying to put the film down (as you can see in my signature, its my second favorite CBM of all time). It will be just as much of a classic as the 1989 Tim Burton Batman film. In the world of Comic Book movies, sure, it will be viewed as one of the best, but speaking of films overall, I highly doubt it.
You're entitled to your opinion, but given everything we've seen and heard in terms of general reaction to the movie, not just from the audiences and the critics, but from Hollywood in general, the signs are certainly not pointing to that happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Not even multiple choice voting.

You're harsh

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #96
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 34,869
Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Not even multiple choice voting.

You're harsh
Yeah
Boo that Anno

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
We're abusing our acronym privileges...
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
He looks like a spider, he looks like a bug
We should all give him one big hug
Look out, oo hoo
Here comes the Spider-Man
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #97
A Necessary Evil
You're Afraid
 
A Necessary Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,211
Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

1. The Dark Knight
2. The Dark Knight Rises
3. Batman Begins
4. The Avengers
5. Hulk
6. Iron Man
7. Spider-Man 2
8. Spider-Man
9.- The Dark Knight Returns
10. X-Men: first class
11. Batman Returns
12. Kick-Ass
13. Thor
14. Amazing Spider-Man
15. Batman : Year One
16. Batman : MOTP
17. Iron Man 2
18. Captain America
19. Batman 89
20. Batman (Adam West)
21. Incredible Hulk
22. Spider-Man 3
23. DareDevil (DC)

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden Smith
Green White And Blue Make Dreams Come True.
#wtF

#IbelieveinBatfleck2k16
A Necessary Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #98
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Not even multiple choice voting.

You're harsh
I had to make it difficult though. Survival of the fittest, lol.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:26 PM   #99
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger
 
Duran Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 3,272
Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

1. The Dark Knight Rises
2. The Avengers
3. The Dark Knight
4. X2
5. Thor
6. Spider-Man
7. Spider-Man 2
8. The Amazing Spider-Man
9. Iron Man 2 (Other)
10. Iron Man

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Duran Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #100
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey
 
MessiahDecoy123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,416
Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

1) Superman The Movie (9.7)

2) Blade (9.5)

3) Batman (9.5)

4) The Amazing Spider-man (9.3)

5) The Avengers (9.2)

6) The Dark Knight Rises (9.0)

7) V for Vendetta (8.8)

8) The Mask (8.7)

9) Sin City (8.6)

10) Constantine (8.6)

I didn't care for any of the Raimi films.

MessiahDecoy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.