The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #176
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 6

I would love for Guy Pearce to play Reed. He needs some bigger roles... he's a tremendously talented actor.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
H.E.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #177
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Sorry. Doesn't seem remotely like him.
I agree. Guy doesn't seem like Reed to me.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #178
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I agree. Guy doesn't seem like Reed to me.
Guy, like Jude Law, has that slight sleazeness to him.

The only version of Reed that he might fit is this sleazy Marvel Legends figure version of him with the creepy grin:

But Reed isn't that kind of character.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #179
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Guy, like Jude Law, has that slight sleazeness to him.

The only version of Reed that he might fit is this sleazy Marvel Legends figure version of him with the creepy grin:

But Reed isn't that kind of character.
That creepy grin killed me. I had to add in some shots of Reed being a douchebag and a sleazeball.

More:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 12-11-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #180
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 12-11-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #181
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:

I can't believe that Hank Pym should get so much flack for being a supposed "wife beater" when Reed is clearly doing the same thing here. And worse than that, he's even beating his own kid.

Doesn't matter what the actual circumstances are, because everyone always ignores the circumstances for Pym as well.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #182
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
I can't believe that Hank Pym should get so much flack for being a supposed "wife beater" when Reed is clearly doing the same thing here. And worse than that, he's even beating his own kid.

Doesn't matter what the actual circumstances are, because everyone always ignores the circumstances for Pym as well.

I know! I was surprised when I heard about Reed doing stuff like this. Pym doesn't deserve all of the flack for abuse, give some to Reed too, people!

Old 12-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #183
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Oh, we shot that down two pages ago.
Yeah it looks like a lot of people here want the most generic Reed possible, one that looks and behaves exactly like the heroic uber-mesch from the early comics. Since this is Fox and not Marvel, they will probably get their wish. Yawn.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #184
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
I know! I was surprised when I heard about Reed doing stuff like this. Pym doesn't deserve all of the flack for abuse, give some to Reed too, people!
We should really have a catch-all thread for all the wife/woman beaters and child batterers in the comic books. Not to glamourise it of course, but rather the opposite - so that people are aware of the people who do it and so that it's not Pym who is solely isolated for it.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #185
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I would love for Guy Pearce to play Reed. He needs some bigger roles... he's a tremendously talented actor.
I'm not sure if he would be intrested. His been offered superhero roles before like daredevil

Quote:
“The thing about Daredevil was that it was the role of Daredevil [that I didn't want to do]. Certainly in those days ... it was ten years ago. I've probably loosened up, and I feel a little more experimental in what I'll take on these days, but I still don't know that I would want to play the superhero myself, since I'm playing a different kind of character in this film. And I think that, based on the first two movies, there's a great chemistry between Robert [Downey Jr.] and Gwyneth [Paltrow], and I just think the films have a fun, joyful sort of quality about them. I've just enjoyed them. So I just felt like I wanted to be a part of this.

The main difference [from filming big tentpoles] was that, when I did The Time Machine, I was pretty much in all of it, so it was a really grueling experience. Prometheus and Iron Man are really kind of cameo stuff, so the experience of shooting them ... I mean, on some level, it's tricky because you feel like a bit of an outsider. You don’t really live the experience that you do when you're there all day every day with everybody. But at the same time, it can be more fun sometimes because you're just working in concentrated spurts.”

From Vulture

Old 12-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #186
Lobo
Mmhmmm him

My first shot at a F4 cast reboot

Mr Fantastic-Hugh Dancy

Invisible Woman-Abbie Cornish

Human Torch-Josh Hutcherson (If Jen can be Mystique and Katniss, Peeta can be Johnny)

I dont have Ben or Doom choices yet

<o>\o/<o>\o/<o>\o/
Old 12-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #187
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

I always liked when Lee would have Reed call someone a 'fool' or basically tell them to grow up.

He wasn't Mr. Nicey Nicey who was always kind and caring and sensitive. He was blunt, direct, and supremely confident.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #188
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

What about some more good old fashion Reed Richards sexism

Old 12-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #189
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

And Sue loved him for it. They should kind of touch on that in the reboot.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #190
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
I am not happy about that. If they oversaturate the market there will be a backlash. It's bound to happen.
People keep saying that, and yet I've not seen any evidence for it. People go see good movies, and don't see bad ones. Unless they literally saturate the year, such that they run out of open weekends ( which could just as easily be done with non-CBM films )? The only thing "too many" super hero films will do is force greater competition.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:57 PM   #191
Thwip!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
He's my standard. Whenever somebody suggests a name, I compare it to him and ask myself: "Better or worse than Jon Hamm?"

So far no one else I've heard suggested has been better.
Me too, i think he could go into the darker side of Reed as well as the adventurer

Old 12-11-2012, 11:20 PM   #192
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Reed "Go Fix Me A Sammich, Woman" Richards.

I've always known about the douchey side of Mr. Fantastic (hey, naming yourself that is the *first* sign of trouble) for decades, but it was his "work" in The Illuminati and Civil War that made him a borderline villain, even if a hapless one.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 12-12-2012, 01:09 AM   #193
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Oh, we shot that down two pages ago.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:54 AM   #194
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post

How about Jude Law as Doctor Doom? He could pull off the charmingly psychotic yet cruel villain very easily.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:02 AM   #195
Jordacar
The Endless One

He does have a great villain voice, as seen in Rise of the Guardians.

If you're looking for justice, you've come to the wrong place.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:30 AM   #196
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

I'd only known the FF through the cartoons and the live action movies that I would've never pictured Reed for such a jerk.

Self-contained stories part of a larger story is where its at. Not this writing for the trade nonsense. If you're going to write for the trade, don't release it in individual issues. Just release the trade.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:05 AM   #197
Silvermoth
Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroChamber View Post
Would anyone be upset if they made Reed british?
Nah the British are awesome.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Old 12-12-2012, 05:25 AM   #198
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
I'd only known the FF through the cartoons and the live action movies that I would've never pictured Reed for such a jerk.

Back in the day (I'm talking Stan & Jack's day) every member of the FF had interesting character flaws that made the team's family dynamic seem very real. Reed was often aloof, arrogant and careless about others' feelings. Sue was sometimes timid, over-protective and easily put out, especially when Reed slighted her. Johnny was the stereotypical "hot-headed" teenager who often ran off half-cocked and needlessly antagonized his teammates, particularly Ben. And Ben himself was a perpetually angry misanthrope, prone to understandable bouts of self-pity, depression and rage which he directed towards everyone close to him. All their emotional turmoil made the Fantastic Four much more realistic than the other superheroes of the time.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #199
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Yeah, and I hope the "new" movie FF plays on that dysfunction. Dysfunctional families have always been great fodder for TV sitcoms, and audiences eat it up. Fox's dismal first attempt at the two FF movies barely even touched that, and made the group act more like "aw shucks" goofballs from a Disney show instead of a realistic "family" that, on the surface, can't stand each other. But deep down, the love is there. You know, the way real families usually act.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 12-12-2012, 09:26 AM   #200
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
What about some more good old fashion Reed Richards sexism
If they do it retro, yes, I think they should include that. If it's set in 2013, it wouldn't be realistic for a man to say that (at least not without full knowledge that it will be several months until his next BJ), but I think they should illustrate that he feels everyone is a bit inferior to him.

If I had a hand in the script, I would go to great lengths to illustrate that he and Doom are very similar in their belief that they are superior to common people. The difference being that while Reed may see himself as superior, he is also a hero and he puts the needs and wants of others ahead of his own.

Both should be arrogant, but Doom should be selfish and Reed should be much more concerned with the well-being of those less intelligent than him.