The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #376
Oscorp
Side-Kick
 
Oscorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,528
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

There was a fan made trailer of Avengers with Peter Parker/Spidey in it. It just looked right with Andrew there. I also think his personally would be awesome to see in relation to them. This young, unexperienced teenager in the midst of guys like Stark and Thor.

__________________
Yeah they should just cancel the films and not even bother and spend the budget on building a giant statue of toby macguire instead!
-BRAB

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #377
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 45,362
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
As Spider-Man? Sure, with that sarcastic tone.
As if he'd interact with heroes like Stark, like he does with thugs who he suspects to be his Uncle's killer.

__________________
I am the HYPE!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Nathan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #378
Doc Ock
10 years ago...
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 7,873
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Can it happen with a better Spider-Man though?

I've said it again, but I actually like MCU's Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and Hulk...I'd like to actually like MCU's Spider-Man as well. That's all.

And no one better ***** about what I just said. I don't want this Spidey in the MCU. Deal with it.
Thats fine, I want to see a Spider-Man in the MCU, I think TASM is close to a MCU film and I wouldn't mind seeing Andrew's Spidey but thats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I really hope Andrew's Spider-Man makes it into the MCU. I think he nailed the part, but that's just me.
I dunno about nailed but I do think he did a great job and look forward to the future films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
ASM was just as good as (if not better than) each of the MCU solo films. But Avengers itself is unbeatable.
Garfield's performance (as Peter) was just as good as RDJ and Ruffalo's. And imo better than Hemsworth and Evans.
The Spider-Man character as seen in ASM was perfect. Whether he joins the other Avengers or not, he is a part of the MCU. If only behind the scenes.

There is no such thing as a Marvel universe without Spider-Man. And it sure as hell ain't Tobey.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Not to go against TASM, but the MCU solo films have been amazing and pretty perfect adaptations of the characters they are based on. Perfect casting in the MCU too, I think of TASM as a MCU film in regards to the excellent actors chosen for the film but I think the likes of the MCU solo films do a bit better in regards to their characters being portrayed than TASM did. Spidey being my favorite superhero I want to see him finally enter the MCU and I think Sony having a relationship with Disney/Marvel will really let the character grow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
He would fit well with the likes of Downey and Ruffalo though.
I would hope so, nerdy conversations please!

__________________
The Winter Soldier - 9/10 | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 6.5/10 | Days of Future Past - 9/10 | TMNT - ???? | Guardians of the Galaxy - 10/10
Doc Ock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #379
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Thats fine, I want to see a Spider-Man in the MCU, I think TASM is close to a MCU film and I wouldn't mind seeing Andrew's Spidey but thats me.


I dunno about nailed but I do think he did a great job and look forward to the future films.


Not to go against TASM, but the MCU solo films have been amazing and pretty perfect adaptations of the characters they are based on. Perfect casting in the MCU too, I think of TASM as a MCU film in regards to the excellent actors chosen for the film but I think the likes of the MCU solo films do a bit better in regards to their characters being portrayed than TASM did. Spidey being my favorite superhero I want to see him finally enter the MCU and I think Sony having a relationship with Disney/Marvel will really let the character grow.


I would hope so, nerdy conversations please!
I think the MCU does a great portrayal of the characters, but the solo films (other than Iron Man) have been very weak IMO. If they weren't part of a bigger cinematic universe, they wouldn't really mean that much to me. TASM feels big on its own, so imagine if it was part of the MCU...

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:21 AM   #380
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 5,048
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

As per usual I am late to the party, but I just found out that this scene:

was filmed in West Harlem. Therefore, I think for my own personal continuity, (feel free to agree and/or discuss) Amazing Spider-Man takes place a few months after the events of Hulk v. Abomination's battle in TIH. Which my favorite timeline (http://www.tiki-toki.com/timeline/en...01-11_16:41:24!) puts in Spring of 2010. Thus explaining the cranes from various damages sustained in that battle. So in Fall of senior year Peter gets bit by the spider in mid-October. The movie ends in November.

I also like to imagine General Ross is familiar with Norman Osborn. Possibly even met Connors and Parker. When the bio force enhancement division was revived, gamma radiation wasn't the only promising field of research. And Banner wasn't the only scientist lied to about the full intent of their research. Osborn is in it for profit, Ross for power.

Ironically, this puts everything important that happened in the MCU solo films before ASM but I imagine SHIELD did a decent job of covering it up to some extent. Captain America's body has yet to be discovered so is nothing more than a historical figure, Thor's arrival is mostly a secret, Iron Man is a celebrity but he's too busy for Oscorp and Peter is too busy for Stark. Banner has been in hiding for almost six months, Hulk incidents have been explained to the public as military training exercises.

All of the events of The Avengers take place 1-2 years after ASM. Because Peter is still in high school (and most likely will be in ASM2) the ASM series will have to age much slower than the MCU. IM3, T:TDW and CA:TWS will all likely take place in their respective present day (in 2013 and 2014). Peter may graduate in Spring of 2011, but assuming there's no significant time lapse between ASM2 and ASM3, the trilogy will end in late 2011 or early 2012. Oscorp sustained some heavy damage in ASM. Whether it is still in a state of disrepair in the sequels remains to be seen. But perhaps by or after ASM3, Oscorp is torn down and replaced by Stark tower. Which we all know to eventually become Avengers Tower.

As the sequels are released, we may see more about why Spidey wasn't enlisted in The Avengers initiative and clues to where he may have been during the events of Loki's invasion. Whether he was too young or too disobedient or he just wasn't interested. In other words I'll pull some more intricacies out of my hat in 2014... Until then!


Last edited by pr0xyt0xin; 12-11-2012 at 04:32 PM.
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #381
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

It's definitely a nice sounding fanfic. Pretty interesting read.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #382
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Cool.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #383
Thwip!
Side-Kick
 
Thwip!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Carlow, Ireland
Posts: 1,573
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

very cool

__________________
My Deviantart
Thwip! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:24 AM   #384
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime
 
GRangerPrimeNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 757
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

^^^^
Nice outline

However, Oscorp Tower can't be replaced by Stark Tower. Going by the film, Oscorp Tower is on 6th Avenue, while Stark Tower is built where the MetLife Building was on Park Avenue. You can even see the remains of the MetLife building at the base of Stark Tower in The Avengers.
So, Oscorp Tower was never there, unless you count the careless placement of it there in one shot in TASM.

Wow, that timeline in the link you provided is awesome.


Last edited by GRangerPrimeNYC; 12-12-2012 at 03:30 AM.
GRangerPrimeNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:39 AM   #385
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 5,048
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

yeah. well the daily bugle paper and the photo of the basketball team both say 2012. I do the best i can with what i have to work with ;P

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRangerPrimeNYC View Post

Wow, that timeline in the link you provided is awesome.
it is, isnt it? It's updated pretty regularly too.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:53 AM   #386
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Oscorp
Posts: 1,965
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Only date I got was 12th of October, 2012 from the Bugle prior Web-Trap.

SpiderMarvelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #387
Mrpaul
Spider-Sting
 
Mrpaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: WAITING ON SPIDEY'S APPEARANCE IN MCU
Posts: 1,556
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Very good

__________________
Power & Responsibility
"In spite of everything you've done for them, eventually they will hate you",-GG
Mrpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #388
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime
 
GRangerPrimeNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 757
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

What do you guys think of my outline, outlining if Webb's Spidey is in the MCU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRangerPrimeNYC View Post
Here's my plan, considering if the series goes beyond 3 films, Sony makes a deal with Marvel putting this series in the MCU, Garfield stays as Spidey (Since this plan will probably take over his whole career), and etc.

Nothing major, like deep plot details and such, just a plotting out and plan of how this could play out.

Summer 2012
The Amazing Spider-Man

Theme: Responsibility
- Takes place in Fall 2008. Senior year of high school.

Spring 2014
The Spectacular Spider-Man

Theme:
- Full opening sequence after the title card. Theme is electricity
- Takes place in Spring 2009, several months after the first film. Senior year of high school. Hints placed around film placing it in this timeframe.
- Spidey fights Rhino in the beginning.
- Electro is also a villian. He is a pawn of Norman Osborn. Has the ability to teleport himself and another individual at will.
- Spidey gets web wings. Can glide
- Introduce the Osborns
- Introduce MJ "Face it Tiger, you've hit the jackpot"
- Love triangle between Peter, Gwen, and MJ.
- Peter becomes intern at the Daily Bugle. Introduce JJJ. Company focuses more on televisied News broadcasts and internet news than newspapers.
- Hints of broader MCU throughout movie.
- Graduation from high school.
- After Credits Scene: Norman "perfects" serum

Summer 2016
Web of Spider-Man

Theme: Consequences
- Theme of opening credits is webs.
- Takes place in Fall 2010 in October.
- Spidey fights a villain in the beginning.
- Peter enters college with Gwen, MJ, Flash, and Harry.
- Introduce Eddie Brock. Father knew and worked with Richard Parker and Curt Conners. Peter gets another intern job at Oscorp with Eddie and Gwen.
- Love triangle continues. Gwen is beginning to get the shaft.
- Norman takes the "Finish" serum. The serum is similar to the Super Solder Serum. Changes him into humanoid goblin like creature with lizard-like skin at will. He also uses a glider and some of Electro's tech.
- Introduction of the Green Goblin and Otto Octavius.
- Norman finds out Spidey's identity after analyzing security footage of the day he snuck into Oscorp Tower.
- Spidey breaks Conners out of Imprisonment.
- Battle at the Brooklyn Bridge or George Washington Bridge with the Green Goblin, who has kidnapped Gwen.
- Gwen Dies
- Goblin flees to Oscorp Tower and Spidey hangs on to glider, but gets cut off half way. Cranes attempt to help Spidey swing to the tower, but get blown up. Spidey swings up 6th avenue to Oscorp Tower, similar to the scene in the first film, but with no assistance by cranes this time. Final battle takes place where it all started. It's almost dawn
- Truth about Peter's parents revealed. They were SHIELD agents sent to observe Oscorp's research into the cure for cancer and other diseases (Oscorp was really trying to recreate the Super Solder Serum).
- Peter's father, Richard Parker, ended up being passionate and involved in the research, since it showed lots of promise, despite it's bad intentions. He worked on projects with Curt Conners and Eddie Brock Sr, such as Project Venom, which involved a living cancer suit. Another was Cross Species Genetics, which Richard found the equation to. He had also secretly done tests on Peter's DNA. He hid the research knowing the danger of it being in Oscorp's hands.
- Norman Osborn sent an agent to the Parker house to loot his work, but to no success. As seen at the beginning of TASM, Peter Parker stumbled into Richard's study finding that someone had got in through the window and looted the place. Richard finds out afterwards, then feared for his family's safety. He sent Peter to live with his Aunt and Uncle. Richard and Mary went on the run to try to get the information back to SHIELD. Norman had them killed in a plane crash along with Eddie Brock Senior.
- Peter is the only one who can become who he is after being bit by a genetically altered spider and not die or have bad side effects. Richard's tests on Peter's DNA allowed this.
- Goblin's identity revealed. Norman nailed by own glider.
- Peter and everyone mourns death of Gwen.
- SHIELD reveals their presence to Peter. Enter Coulson. Reveals they've known his identity for over a year, but kept their distance. Will help keep Normans death secret. They also reveal they've known the secret about his parents. Peter tells them what was really going on with Oscorp back then. Peter not eligible for Avenger Initiative, due to young age.
- Normans real death is unknown. Cover story is that he'll be on a very long retreat or has died from what ever illness he had.
- MJ helps Peter coupe with Gwen's death.
- During one of the last scenes, Peter finally confronts Uncle Ben's actual killer.
- Swing off to fight a villain
- Bitter sweet ending
- After Credits Scene: Symbiote at Oscorp

Now they're releasing a Spider-Man related film almost every year from 2017-2022 (Poor Andrew Garfield (If there hasn't been a recast yet))

2018
The Astonishing Spider-Man

Theme: Become the villain
- Theme of opening credits is the symbiote taking over webs.
- Takes place in Fall 2015. Makes it clear it has been 5 years since Gwen died, 4 years since the events of The Avengers, and 7 years Peter has been Spider-Man. He has fought several villains since then.
- Explains where Spidey was when the Hulk fought the Abomination in Harlem and during the battle of Manhattan in the Avengers. Stark Tower can now be placed in shots of the NYC skyline where the MetLife building is.
- Peter is still haunted by Gwen's death and memory's of the Green Goblin.
- Spidey now has a suit with black painted over where the blue was.
- Relationship with MJ continues.
- Introduce Felicia Hardy as Black Cat and The Punisher.
- Reference how there was a vigilant called the Daredevil in Hell's Kitchen who was big back in the 60s.
- Villians are Kraven, the Vulture played by John Malcovitch, and others.
- Peter finds video diaries Richard made during Project Venom.
- Peter obtains the symbiote. Black suit appears.
- Suit effects Peter negatively. Hurts the ones he loves.
- Peter gets rid of suit at the end.
- After Credits Scene: Eddie obtains the symbiote.

2019
Venom

- Takes place in Spring 2016.
- Follows Eddie Brock as the Anti-Hero Venom.
- Cameos by Peter and Spidey here and there.
- The Punisher has a role
- After Credits Scene: Flash forward to a scene at the end of the next film. Spidey's mask torned up in rubble.

2020
The Sensational Spider-Man

- Theme of opening credits is the symbiote coming off webs.
- Takes place in Summer 2016. It has been 5 years since the Chituari Invasion, 6 years since Gwen died, and 8 years since Peter became Spider-Man. He has fought many villains since then.
- Spodey now has a new red and blue suit.
- Ben Reilly (Not a clone) or Miles Morales is introduced
- Villain is Venom and others. Threatens to reveal Spidey's identity. Manipulates and messes with him throughout the film.
- He defeats Venom after a bloody battle. They team up at the end to fight some other villains from the film. Makes truce at the end to leave eachother alone.
- After Credits Scene: Villains like Vulture, Rhino, Doc Ock, and others that have appeared in the previous films gather and plan an alliance. A shadowy figure perways them.

Spring 2021
Ultimate Spider-Man

Theme: Closure
- Theme of opening credits is metal looking webs
- Takes place in 2018. It has been 10 years since Peter became Spider-Man, 9 years since Gwen died, and 3 years since Venom.
- Sinister 6 are the villains
- Spidey gets a new Spidey suit with raised silver webbing.
- Spidey becomes eligible for the Avengers at the end.
- After-Credits Scene: Norman Osborn is still alive and well in Europe.

2021
The Avengers 4

- Takes place in 2020. Setting of time finally catches up with the main MCU. It has been 10 years since the Avengers first formed and 13 years since Peter became Spidey.
- Spidey is now part of the Avengers.

Possible Distant Future
Civil War?

- An adaption of the Civil War storyline.
- Iron Spider Armor is introduced
Dark Reign and Seige on Asgard?
- Tony Stark gets in trouble
- Norman Osborn becomes another Iron Patriot and forms the Dark Avengers.
- Siege on Asgard, viva portal above Oscorp Tower.
- Avengers reassemble
Death of Spider-Man?(Loosely based on Ultimate's Peter Parker demise in the comics)?
- Continuation of the Siege
- Some Avengers including Spidey are on the Queenboro Bridge. For some reason, the Punisher tries to shoot Captain America. Spidey Intervenes and gets shot. Rest of the Avengers, except Spidey, get blown off bridge.
- Spidey swings to Oscorp Tower bleeding to death down 6th avenue, similar to the first film, but with no cranes. It's near dusk
- Spidey tries to fight Sinister 6 guarding the tower, while others fight the Dark Avengers up in Asgard.
- Loki redeems himself doing something and dies. Thor is really pissed and avenges him.
- Iron Man comes in at the last minute and disables Norman's Armor. Norman gets unmasked, madness is revealed, and turns into the Green Goblin, popping out off the armor. He's a naked Hulk sized Goblin like the Utimate comics version.
- Spidey battles him
- MJ and Aunt May rush into the City. MJ finds out who Spidey is.
- Norman finally dies
- Peter either dies or lives
- Unlike in the comics, Asgard is saved.
- Oscorp Tower is vaporized by a massive shot of lightning through the portal by Thor in Asgard, causing the portal to close. Normans body is taken by SHIELD and cremated.

GRangerPrimeNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #389
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 5,048
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMarvelite View Post
Only date I got was 12th of October, 2012 from the Bugle prior Web-Trap.
When he's hanging pictures right before the basketball hits him in the head, the basketball team says 2012. could also mean class of 2012 but...

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #390
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 5,048
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRangerPrimeNYC View Post
What do you guys think of my outline, outlining if Webb's Spidey is in the MCU?


Here's my plan, considering if the series goes beyond 3 films, Sony makes a deal with Marvel putting this series in the MCU, Garfield stays as Spidey (Since this plan will probably take over his whole career), and etc.

Nothing major, like deep plot details and such, just a plotting out and plan of how this could play out.

Summer 2012
The Amazing Spider-Man
Theme: Responsibility
- Takes place in Fall 2008. Senior year of high school.

Spring 2014
The Spectacular Spider-Man
Theme:
- Full opening sequence after the title card. Theme is electricity
- Takes place in Spring 2009, several months after the first film. Senior year of high school. Hints placed around film placing it in this timeframe.
- Spidey fights Rhino in the beginning.
- Electro is also a villian. He is a pawn of Norman Osborn. Has the ability to teleport himself and another individual at will.
- Spidey gets web wings. Can glide
- Introduce the Osborns
- Introduce MJ "Face it Tiger, you've hit the jackpot"
- Love triangle between Peter, Gwen, and MJ.
- Peter becomes intern at the Daily Bugle. Introduce JJJ. Company focuses more on televisied News broadcasts and internet news than newspapers.
- Hints of broader MCU throughout movie.
- Graduation from high school.
- After Credits Scene: Norman "perfects" serum

Summer 2016
Web of Spider-Man
Theme: Consequences
- Theme of opening credits is webs.
- Takes place in Fall 2010 in October.
- Spidey fights a villain in the beginning.
- Peter enters college with Gwen, MJ, Flash, and Harry.
- Introduce Eddie Brock. Father knew and worked with Richard Parker and Curt Conners. Peter gets another intern job at Oscorp with Eddie and Gwen.
- Love triangle continues. Gwen is beginning to get the shaft.
- Norman takes the "Finish" serum. The serum is similar to the Super Solder Serum. Changes him into humanoid goblin like creature with lizard-like skin at will. He also uses a glider and some of Electro's tech.
- Introduction of the Green Goblin and Otto Octavius.
- Norman finds out Spidey's identity after analyzing security footage of the day he snuck into Oscorp Tower.
- Spidey breaks Conners out of Imprisonment.
- Battle at the Brooklyn Bridge or George Washington Bridge with the Green Goblin, who has kidnapped Gwen.
- Gwen Dies
- Goblin flees to Oscorp Tower and Spidey hangs on to glider, but gets cut off half way. Cranes attempt to help Spidey swing to the tower, but get blown up. Spidey swings up 6th avenue to Oscorp Tower, similar to the scene in the first film, but with no assistance by cranes this time. Final battle takes place where it all started. It's almost dawn
- Truth about Peter's parents revealed. They were SHIELD agents sent to observe Oscorp's research into the cure for cancer and other diseases (Oscorp was really trying to recreate the Super Solder Serum).
- Peter's father, Richard Parker, ended up being passionate and involved in the research, since it showed lots of promise, despite it's bad intentions. He worked on projects with Curt Conners and Eddie Brock Sr, such as Project Venom, which involved a living cancer suit. Another was Cross Species Genetics, which Richard found the equation to. He had also secretly done tests on Peter's DNA. He hid the research knowing the danger of it being in Oscorp's hands.
- Norman Osborn sent an agent to the Parker house to loot his work, but to no success. As seen at the beginning of TASM, Peter Parker stumbled into Richard's study finding that someone had got in through the window and looted the place. Richard finds out afterwards, then feared for his family's safety. He sent Peter to live with his Aunt and Uncle. Richard and Mary went on the run to try to get the information back to SHIELD. Norman had them killed in a plane crash along with Eddie Brock Senior.
- Peter is the only one who can become who he is after being bit by a genetically altered spider and not die or have bad side effects. Richard's tests on Peter's DNA allowed this.
- Goblin's identity revealed. Norman nailed by own glider.
- Peter and everyone mourns death of Gwen.
- SHIELD reveals their presence to Peter. Enter Coulson. Reveals they've known his identity for over a year, but kept their distance. Will help keep Normans death secret. They also reveal they've known the secret about his parents. Peter tells them what was really going on with Oscorp back then. Peter not eligible for Avenger Initiative, due to young age.
- Normans real death is unknown. Cover story is that he'll be on a very long retreat or has died from what ever illness he had.
- MJ helps Peter coupe with Gwen's death.
- During one of the last scenes, Peter finally confronts Uncle Ben's actual killer.
- Swing off to fight a villain
- Bitter sweet ending
- After Credits Scene: Symbiote at Oscorp

Now they're releasing a Spider-Man related film almost every year from 2017-2022 (Poor Andrew Garfield (If there hasn't been a recast yet))

2018
The Astonishing Spider-Man
Theme: Become the villain
- Theme of opening credits is the symbiote taking over webs.
- Takes place in Fall 2015. Makes it clear it has been 5 years since Gwen died, 4 years since the events of The Avengers, and 7 years Peter has been Spider-Man. He has fought several villains since then.
- Explains where Spidey was when the Hulk fought the Abomination in Harlem and during the battle of Manhattan in the Avengers. Stark Tower can now be placed in shots of the NYC skyline where the MetLife building is.
- Peter is still haunted by Gwen's death and memory's of the Green Goblin.
- Spidey now has a suit with black painted over where the blue was.
- Relationship with MJ continues.
- Introduce Felicia Hardy as Black Cat and The Punisher.
- Reference how there was a vigilant called the Daredevil in Hell's Kitchen who was big back in the 60s.
- Villians are Kraven, the Vulture played by John Malcovitch, and others.
- Peter finds video diaries Richard made during Project Venom.
- Peter obtains the symbiote. Black suit appears.
- Suit effects Peter negatively. Hurts the ones he loves.
- Peter gets rid of suit at the end.
- After Credits Scene: Eddie obtains the symbiote.

2019
Venom
- Takes place in Spring 2016.
- Follows Eddie Brock as the Anti-Hero Venom.
- Cameos by Peter and Spidey here and there.
- The Punisher has a role
- After Credits Scene: Flash forward to a scene at the end of the next film. Spidey's mask torned up in rubble.

2020
The Sensational Spider-Man
- Theme of opening credits is the symbiote coming off webs.
- Takes place in Summer 2016. It has been 5 years since the Chituari Invasion, 6 years since Gwen died, and 8 years since Peter became Spider-Man. He has fought many villains since then.
- Spodey now has a new red and blue suit.
- Ben Reilly (Not a clone) or Miles Morales is introduced
- Villain is Venom and others. Threatens to reveal Spidey's identity. Manipulates and messes with him throughout the film.
- He defeats Venom after a bloody battle. They team up at the end to fight some other villains from the film. Makes truce at the end to leave eachother alone.
- After Credits Scene: Villains like Vulture, Rhino, Doc Ock, and others that have appeared in the previous films gather and plan an alliance. A shadowy figure perways them.

Spring 2021
Ultimate Spider-Man
Theme: Closure
- Theme of opening credits is metal looking webs
- Takes place in 2018. It has been 10 years since Peter became Spider-Man, 9 years since Gwen died, and 3 years since Venom.
- Sinister 6 are the villains
- Spidey gets a new Spidey suit with raised silver webbing.
- Spidey becomes eligible for the Avengers at the end.
- After-Credits Scene: Norman Osborn is still alive and well in Europe.

2021
The Avengers 4
- Takes place in 2020. Setting of time finally catches up with the main MCU. It has been 10 years since the Avengers first formed and 13 years since Peter became Spidey.
- Spidey is now part of the Avengers.

Possible Distant Future
Civil War?
- An adaption of the Civil War storyline.
- Iron Spider Armor is introduced
Dark Reign and Seige on Asgard?
- Tony Stark gets in trouble
- Norman Osborn becomes another Iron Patriot and forms the Dark Avengers.
- Siege on Asgard, viva portal above Oscorp Tower.
- Avengers reassemble
Death of Spider-Man?(Loosely based on Ultimate's Peter Parker demise in the comics)?
- Continuation of the Siege
- Some Avengers including Spidey are on the Queenboro Bridge. For some reason, the Punisher tries to shoot Captain America. Spidey Intervenes and gets shot. Rest of the Avengers, except Spidey, get blown off bridge.
- Spidey swings to Oscorp Tower bleeding to death down 6th avenue, similar to the first film, but with no cranes. It's near dusk
- Spidey tries to fight Sinister 6 guarding the tower, while others fight the Dark Avengers up in Asgard.
- Loki redeems himself doing something and dies. Thor is really pissed and avenges him.
- Iron Man comes in at the last minute and disables Norman's Armor. Norman gets unmasked, madness is revealed, and turns into the Green Goblin, popping out off the armor. He's a naked Hulk sized Goblin like the Utimate comics version.
- Spidey battles him
- MJ and Aunt May rush into the City. MJ finds out who Spidey is.
- Norman finally dies
- Peter either dies or lives
- Unlike in the comics, Asgard is saved.
- Oscorp Tower is vaporized by a massive shot of lightning through the portal by Thor in Asgard, causing the portal to close. Normans body is taken by SHIELD and cremated.

can't say I'm not in love with this plan. That means Peter graduates the same year as me! teehee

giddy.

as a school girl. no joke.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:00 PM   #391
Shikamaru
Side-Kick
 
Shikamaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,903
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Does all of this really have to be that over-complicated? I see people here ridiculously over-complicating this. You don't need a big explanation why Spider-Man wasn't in The Avengers or why he wasn't recruited by Nick Fury. What is so hard about just assuming that he was somewhere else doing something else and that Fury didn't recruit due to being a vigilante, not knowing who he is, and due to the fact that there are tons of superhumans that SHIELD was busy with? I really don't see why you need an explanation at all to Spider-Man and the Avengers not crossing paths yet.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #392
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 5,048
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Well, realistically because they are both set in New York. And Nick Fury is actively pursuing super humans.

But in actuality, I assume GRangerPrimeNYC and myself just enjoy doing stuff like this. If something makes sense to us we're gonna want to share it with the rest of y'all.

In other words no. it doesnt have to be over-complicated. But it is fun when things fit together and make sense.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #393
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

I think its fun to connect TASM to the MCU films. Like its unofficially part of the MCU. If SM wasn't rebooted, I'd connect SM1 to the MCU. Norman Osborn was making a super solider serum, so perhaps he was doing the same thing that Bruce Banner was in The Incredible Hulk?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #394
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMarvelite View Post
Only date I got was 12th of October, 2012 from the Bugle prior Web-Trap.
Well, this takes care of all of this unofficial MCU talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
When he's hanging pictures right before the basketball hits him in the head, the basketball team says 2012. could also mean class of 2012 but...
No basketball team or any team picture will say the class of their graduation.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #395
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero
 
I'm Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Burlington, NC
Posts: 1,567
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

It would make sense to set the film after The Avengers. However, I don't think anything besides references will be made, so it goes:

Captain America
~Roughly 70 years
Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
The Avengers
The Amazing Spider-Man
Iron Man 3
Thor 2
Captain America 2
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
The Avengers 2

Seems about right. While I sincerely doubt he'll appear in Avengers 2 due to the fact they'd have to share profits with Sony, I think they'll definitely find a way for it to work in Avengers 3 since bringing in Spider-Man would help business for both sides, and it would cause so much hype that everyone and their mother would go out and see the movie. I'm sure that by 2015 we'll be getting an answer on whether or not Sony would want to strike a deal with Marvel for Peter's appearance in the MCU, but until then, we shall speculate.

I'm Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:51 PM   #396
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Well, this takes care of all of this unofficial MCU talk
How? When exactly does the Avengers take place?

ESU having a connection to the Item 47 short and Oscorp tower almost appearing in the Avengers is more enough for me to say its unofficially part of the MCU.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.

Last edited by Picard Sisko; 12-12-2012 at 11:59 PM.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:01 AM   #397
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 5,048
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

woah woah. can you explain this ESU thing to me?

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:03 AM   #398
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
woah woah. can you explain this ESU thing to me?
Sure. In the Item 47 short, one of the characters is wearing an ESU shirt. I don't think people realize how big that is. So let's narrow it down:
  1. Iron Man and Spider-Man are both in a target gift wrapping commercial.
  2. The Oscorp Tower was supposed to be in the Avengers, but wasn't ONLY due to timing.
  3. Sony had to sell the TV and merchandising rights to Marvel/Disney to save themselves.
  4. AND of course, a character wears the ESU shirt in Item 47

Something is going on here...

Once again, they also lent out Kingpin to 20th Century Fox for the Daredevil movie.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:12 AM   #399
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 5,048
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Heh. Heh. Cool.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:15 AM   #400
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Heh. Heh. Cool.
What is also interesting is that they use the Marc Webb version of Spider-Man for the commercial, and not just a generic/classic costume.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.