The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

View Poll Results: Should Fox reboot Daredevil or make a sequel???
Reboot 200 64.10%
Sequel 82 26.28%
Who gives a F*** 30 9.62%
Voters: 312. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #126
Thwip!
Side-Kick

Default Re: Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 3

Would really love to see a film noir style reboot of it

Old 12-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #127
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

I'm watching EP 6 of The Big Bang Theory and they refrenced DD 1 as a movie that killed its franchise ! i stopped watching ! **** off ! am i the only one who thinks DD (directors cut) is up there as a film with BB, ok if not BB then something different and unique like Defendor or Super. I much rather see a sequel. i think they could do something really interesting.

NosfeRomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #128
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NosfeRomas View Post
I'm watching EP 6 of The Big Bang Theory and they refrenced DD 1 as a movie that killed its franchise ! i stopped watching ! **** off ! am i the only one who thinks DD (directors cut) is up there as a film with BB, ok if not BB then something different and unique like Defendor or Super. I much rather see a sequel. i think they could do something really interesting.
It would be suicide to make a sequel to a movie that is almost 10 years old and is not considered memorable. Like it or not, its too late for a sequel, a reboot is the only option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Im not a fan of Arrow, but I agree that DD is a natural for a lawyer/vigilante procedural.
But here's the thing, you really capture DD's fighting style on a TV budget, where he does all sorts of leaps, flips and almost superhuman acrobatics? Also could ever see Dd's radar vision on a TV budget. That's the problem with a TV series, there are a lots of budgetary concerns.

Last edited by The Overlord; 12-11-2012 at 06:48 PM.
The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #129
Jordacar
The Endless One

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
But here's the thing, you really capture DD's fighting style on a TV budget, where he does all sorts of leaps, flips and almost superhuman acrobatics? Also could ever see Dd's radar vision on a TV budget. That's the problem with a TV series, there are a lots of budgetary concerns.
If those are the toughest things that they'd have to capture on a weekly basis, I think they could pull it off. "Smallville" did the x-ray and super-hearing stuff all the time (too much, IMO), and if the fights are anything like on "Nikita", we'd have a great show as long as the writing is solid.

If you're looking for justice, you've come to the wrong place.
Jordacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:00 PM   #130
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

I think Marvel has to be prepared to spend a bit more money on this than the typical show. Personally I think the production values -including the figh sequences - need to be of a higher quality than on Nikita. And lets face it , to truly realize DD's abilities from the comics, they will need some CGI work. Obviously there will be some compromises, and the focus of the show will have to stay on the story/relationships, but...

... it aint gonna be cheap if they're committed to doing it right.

Last edited by Joeyjojo72; 12-11-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:17 AM   #131
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

If DD is on TV, maybe he'll come full circle and be all in black, with no horns, no visible insignia and some black material covering his eyes.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #132
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Here's an interesting casting idea that I had for Kingpin....how about Kelsey Grammer? Hear me out....he may be a bit thin, but frankly, people who want a living personification of Wilson Fisk are just deluding themselves. You just are not going to find a viable actor who is in his mid to late 50s (or even 40s), who is also 6'6 and 300 lbs of pure muscle. It won't happen.

Plus Kingpin's physicality is not even his defining trait. Sure, physical intimidation is part of it, but it isn't what defines him. Tony Soprano could be physically intimidating when need be and he was short and flabby. You don't have to be a body builder to be physically intimidating. Kelsey Grammer could put on 30 pounds and a few prosthetics and look just fine in the role.

More importantly than looks however, he would nail it from an acting perspective. I don't know who watches the recently cancelled show Boss, but Grammer's portrayal of Tom Kane (mayor of Chicago) is essentially Wilson Fisk. Here's a censored clip:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Look at the power he exudes as he dresses down the governor of Illinois. It is exactly the type of power that Fisk ought to just radiate. Very few actors can simply exude power through their presence, Grammer is one of them. Plus, the resemblance isn't that far off if Grammer were to put on a little weight.

Say it with me, Kelsey Grammer for Kingpin!

Old 12-12-2012, 12:32 PM   #133
Blackman
C'mon Son

I still like Ray Winstone for Fisk

Blackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #134
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Meh, IMO Winstone is better for playing a thug. Not a boss. He just doesn't have the presence as someone like John Goodman or Kelsey Grammer. He is the guy who takes orders. He isn't the guy who gives them. Plus Grammer and Goodman can both act circles around him.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #135
Blackman
C'mon Son

Goodman would be cool

Old 12-12-2012, 02:34 PM   #136
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Grammer is probably still too associated with Frasier though that it would be hard to see him being really villainous. It just still seems most of the time like it's Frasier in a grouchy mood when he's in other things playing serious.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #137
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

Vincent D'Onofrio as Fisk !!!
Lauren Cohan as Electra !!!
Bradley Cooper as DD/Matt !!!

NosfeRomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #138
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Dude D'Onofrio would be awesome! For the movie anyway. That said, I don't think hed be willing to go full fatty for the role. They'd have to settle for a husky Fisk or rely on prosthetics. VD says hes not willing to do the major weight fluctuations anymore, given his age. But he would be amazing in the role. The dude is mesmerizing and an immensely talented actor.

No other actor has his combo of skill, resume, and physicality (height, build, face). Plus he's the perfect age imo. If Marvel has any intention of making this movie, they need to start lobbying D'Onofrio ASAP.

The only other choice of this caliber is James Gandolfini, but hes a distant second in my book.

And they don't need to throw Electra into the mix. Completely unnecessary.

Bradley Cooper could work I guess, but his smart-ass persona doesnt really jive with the post-80's DD. Its called acting though, so maybe he could pull it off. Havent seen Silver Linings yet, but Ive heard he did a good job, so who knows.

Last edited by Joeyjojo72; 12-12-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #139
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

no word on a cameo in a future Marvel film yet? curious.

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:11 AM   #140
Blackman
C'mon Son

i doubt he will Hypestyle but no word yet.

As I said a while before I dont expect to see any of the street level heroes for a while except the small screen

Old 12-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #141
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

I'm hoping that Phase III of the MCU is the "Street Hero" phase. Daredevil, Punisher, Luke Cage, Iron Fist & Heroes for Hire. It'd be great!

Old 12-19-2012, 09:16 AM   #142
Jick
Auxiliary Assistant

^ I'd like that, but I guess they could throw Dr. Strange in the mix, too.

Jick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #143
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Was reading today's news bit about Ben Affleck's non-involvement with Justice League and thought that he'd actually be a pretty good pick to direct a new Daredevil. He's a fine director with an eye for crime dramas (an element a good DD film needs) and he digs the character, obviously. Wonder if he'd take another shot at DD, this time behind the camera?

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #144
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Was reading today's news bit about Ben Affleck's non-involvement with Justice League and thought that he'd actually be a pretty good pick to direct a new Daredevil. He's a fine director with an eye for crime dramas (an element a good DD film needs) and he digs the character, obviously. Wonder if he'd take another shot at DD, this time behind the camera?
Last I read about Affleck, he's considered to be pretty tight with Warner Brothers after The Town and Argo. It's probably not an actual binding type of thing, but I could see WB wanting to continue their working relationship with him (and he with them), kind of like their relationship with Chris Nolan. That could possibly bar his directorial involvement with a DD flick.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote