The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Rate the MOS trailer
Perfection 84 37.33%
Great 92 40.89%
Good 29 12.89%
Okay 14 6.22%
Weak 6 2.67%
Total crap 0 0%
Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #176
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool
 
Daybreak_st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,623
Default Re: Rate the Man of Steel trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Incredible Hulk View Post
Like the trailer a lot. Pretty epic feel to it. Just hoping the film is not going to bog us down in much of an origin story once again.
People mistake lack of origin with a great movie. While I see where you're coming from I think the trailer demonstrates there's more than one way to introduce a character. Nothing I saw in the trailer felt like "oh I've see this before" it all felt fresh and new even though we've seen Clark's back story before. The key is making it interesting. I for one really want to see this version of Krypton and Jor'el. Looks completely different than anything we've seen before. The same with the suit etc. A solid origin story provides you with the emotional backdrop to really care about the characters, understand their conflicts etc, so that when the action ramps up you're invest emotionally in what happens. Based on the trailer I think this movie is set accomplish just that.

__________________
Check out my blog for art updates http://stephenscomicgenius.blogspot.com

Get a personalized comic book:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/82753148...c-book-4-pages



Last edited by Daybreak_st; 12-12-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #177
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool
 
Daybreak_st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,623
Default Re: Rate the Man of Steel trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkotb View Post
yup. brandon routh all over again. they just never learn that superman needs to have verbal communication instead of expressing through eyes. just like the eye shot in the trailer when he close his eyes and fly off. exactly like the one we had in SR trailer

I didn't get that impression at all. You might as well say Costner will only have limited dialogue, Lois won't say anything, nor will Jorel and Laura and Ma Kent is limited to only interacting with the young clark. We only saw a small snippet and in that Cavil's dialogue was as significant as anyone's. I'm not worried about a Brandon Routh repeat, as Cavill has more acting credit to his name and I don't see Snyder and Nolan wanting a repeat of SR. If anything this trailer made me feel like they will finally treat Clark/Superman like a fully fleshed out person similar to how they handled Bruce in Batman Begins or Tony in Iron Man. To make you care about the person as a character before he ever puts on that suit. that will only serve to enhance our appreciation once he does don the suit.

__________________
Check out my blog for art updates http://stephenscomicgenius.blogspot.com

Get a personalized comic book:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/82753148...c-book-4-pages


Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #178
LuisTX85
Anti-Hero
 
LuisTX85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 15,663
Default Re: Rate the Man of Steel trailer

Agreed!

__________________
I'm not bad nor good,I'm just rough around the edges!
LuisTX85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #179
Rowsdower!
Infinity and beyond
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: On my throne
Posts: 16,972
Default Re: Rate the Man of Steel trailer

Yep, agreed in full. There's only so much dialogue you can put into a teaser trailer.

And hell, I think Cavill had more lines in this teaser than Routh had in his whole movie.

__________________
Viola Davis for Amanda Waller
John Bernthal for Deadshot
Jensen Ackles for Convenience Store Clerk #2
Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:50 PM   #180
FilmNerdJamie
Magneto was right!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
FilmNerdJamie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Between the Moon, New York City & your sister
Posts: 8,235
Default Re: Rate the Man of Steel trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
And hell, I think Cavill had more lines in this teaser than Routh had in his whole movie.
Fanboy blubbering strikes again.

__________________
FilmNerdJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #181
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 76,132
Default Re: Rate the Man of Steel trailer

I rate it weak, based solely on a marketing perspective. It was essentially the exact same tone of the SR trailer with a couple shots of an exploding space ship. It needed something more. It needed Superman doing something super (other than flying). From a marketing perspective I just can't see how, after SR, ANYONE at Warners thought it was a good idea (then again, this is the same studio that gave the go ahead on the teaser).

Anyway, my thoughts....

It just didn't do it for me.

I am just getting a bad vibe all around. Maybe I'm being old fashioned but I don't want to see Superman being dragged around by the military in chains and handcuffs. I don't want to see how the REAL world would react to a figure like Superman (which is exactly what Nolan seems to be doing). I love Superman because both he and his world show us at our best. Metropolis is a place where people will accept a man who can fly, saving people just because it is the right thing to do. Clark Kent never questions himself or is so emo-y.

Yes, I get that Nolan (and I say Nolan because anyone who thinks that Snyder is anything more than a glorified camera holder is kidding themselves) wants to do a critique of the real world and how they would view Superman and what I am asking for is an idealized version of the world....but so what? Why does everything have to be "dark and gritty and realistic." Should It's A Wonderful Life end with George killing himself because that is the more realistic approach? Superman is a character who should exist in a fantasy world, IMO. Superman should be fun and light....not gritty and realistic. The world is ****ty enough. Why does Metropolis also have to be?

BTW: Could Nolan be any less subtle about the military critiques? From making Superman vs the military such a visual aspect of the trailer, right down to picking right wing, oppressive, military tyrant General Zod as the villain....the themes are about as subtle as being hit with a frying pan. But I suppose the same is true of TDK and TDKR and people who act like there are all kinds of hidden layers to the movies are really just lying to themselves.

Anyway, just my opinion. But there we go....flame on!

__________________
Avatar by Hunter Rider
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #182
JAK®
Upstart
 
JAK®'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 7,375
Default Re: Rate the Man of Steel trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Yes, I get that Nolan (and I say Nolan because anyone who thinks that Snyder is anything more than a glorified camera holder is kidding themselves)
Please explain how Nolan can have any meaningful impact on making this film when he was busy shooting The Dark Knight Rises? I mean, to the extent where you won't even refer to Snyder in any way?

Talk about somebody kidding themselves...

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You are now breathing manually.
JAK®



JAK® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #183
Zionite1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,587
Default Re: Rate the Man of Steel trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I rate it weak, based solely on a marketing perspective. It was essentially the exact same tone of the SR trailer with a couple shots of an exploding space ship. It needed something more. It needed Superman doing something super (other than flying). From a marketing perspective I just can't see how, after SR, ANYONE at Warners thought it was a good idea (then again, this is the same studio that gave the go ahead on the teaser).
I kinda agree with this part of your post-We need to see Superman do superfeats not just hint at them-not after SR.

The trailer hits all the rightnotes with majority of Geekdom Superman fan or not but I worry that the lack of action wont allow it to hi well the nongeek audience.

Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #184
Bren
Forevernoob
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,785
Default Re: Rate the Man of Steel trailer

I thought the trailer was great, I had a sense of wonder watching it - The world is 'real', but Superman isn't, he's a complete wonder and I enjoyed seeing that.

And taking a similar-to 'he doesn't talk much in the trailer therefore he won''t talk much in the film' mindset, in fact his lips didn't move once, so he must be telepathic! AWESOME!

__________________
Batgod didn't make Bren hate Batgod.
Batgod fans make Bren hate Batgod.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #185
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 15,023
Default Re: Rate the Man of Steel trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daybreak_st View Post
I didn't get that impression at all. You might as well say Costner will only have limited dialogue, Lois won't say anything, nor will Jorel and Laura and Ma Kent is limited to only interacting with the young clark. We only saw a small snippet and in that Cavil's dialogue was as significant as anyone's. I'm not worried about a Brandon Routh repeat, as Cavill has more acting credit to his name and I don't see Snyder and Nolan wanting a repeat of SR. If anything this trailer made me feel like they will finally treat Clark/Superman like a fully fleshed out person similar to how they handled Bruce in Batman Begins or Tony in Iron Man. To make you care about the person as a character before he ever puts on that suit. that will only serve to enhance our appreciation once he does don the suit.
Agreed I made a comment about ths aswell, the trailer wasn't exactly full of dialogue so why that person made an assumption is beyond me, it was just stupid comment to make based on a trailer.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #186
knowsbleed
Banned User
 
knowsbleed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 21,139
Default Re: Rate the Man of Steel trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I rate it weak, based solely on a marketing perspective. It was essentially the exact same tone of the SR trailer with a couple shots of an exploding space ship. It needed something more. It needed Superman doing something super (other than flying). From a marketing perspective I just can't see how, after SR, ANYONE at Warners thought it was a good idea (then again, this is the same studio that gave the go ahead on the teaser).

Anyway, my thoughts....

It just didn't do it for me.

I am just getting a bad vibe all around. Maybe I'm being old fashioned but I don't want to see Superman being dragged around by the military in chains and handcuffs. I don't want to see how the REAL world would react to a figure like Superman (which is exactly what Nolan seems to be doing). I love Superman because both he and his world show us at our best. Metropolis is a place where people will accept a man who can fly, saving people just because it is the right thing to do. Clark Kent never questions himself or is so emo-y.

Yes, I get that Nolan (and I say Nolan because anyone who thinks that Snyder is anything more than a glorified camera holder is kidding themselves) wants to do a critique of the real world and how they would view Superman and what I am asking for is an idealized version of the world....but so what? Why does everything have to be "dark and gritty and realistic." Should It's A Wonderful Life end with George killing himself because that is the more realistic approach? Superman is a character who should exist in a fantasy world, IMO. Superman should be fun and light....not gritty and realistic. The world is ****ty enough. Why does Metropolis also have to be?

BTW: Could Nolan be any less subtle about the military critiques? From making Superman vs the military such a visual aspect of the trailer, right down to picking right wing, oppressive, military tyrant General Zod as the villain....the themes are about as subtle as being hit with a frying pan. But I suppose the same is true of TDK and TDKR and people who act like there are all kinds of hidden layers to the movies are really just lying to themselves.

Anyway, just my opinion. But there we go....flame on!
Think about the most successful superhero franchise that WB has... Batman... that will tell you why they are taking the serious route of trying to make Superman and his surroundings something more real than the glorified fantasy world you want Metropolis and Superman to be. It's something that hasn't been explored before whereas you seem to want happy happy joy joy... but the thing is, I don't think happy happy joy joy is going to resonate as much on an emotional level as something that has gravity and peril. And just from the trailer, I can already feel the gravity and peril that comes with the struggles of just growing up and trying to find yourself, what more with someone who is as conflicted as Superman? It's just the better route to go.

knowsbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #187
Juicy J
Side-Kick
 
Juicy J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 1,365
Default Re: Rate the Man of Steel trailer

I'm not a superman guy at all but this trailer was incredible. 10/10. I really think this will be an amazing movie, and I wasn't exactly expecting that. Nolan and Snyder really pulled together an extremely interesting incarnation of the mythos that I think will be both successful with moviegoers and true to the character.

Juicy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #188
Kirmit
Big Green Machine.
 
Kirmit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 3,098
Default Re: Rate the Man of Steel trailer

I thought it was good/great, the music was brilliant and everything we saw was great, my only problem was there weren't actually much of Supes in it, plenty of Clark and his early life but I wanted to see a little more from the man of steel.

__________________
Puny Human.
Kirmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #189
knowsbleed
Banned User
 
knowsbleed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 21,139
Default Re: Rate the Man of Steel trailer

I asked my 65 year old mother to watch this trailer. She doesn't really care for movies that much, let alone movies based on superheroes. She said she needs to watch this movie. I'm not trying to say anything about an entire section of the general audience or anything like that, just giving one person's reaction to the trailer and wanting to hear other non-fanboy reactions to the trailer.

knowsbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #190
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!
 
Tony Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps
Posts: 8,043
Default Re: Rate the Man of Steel trailer

One thing I will say is Cavil's look and voice work are perfect. Not a big fan of all the beard scenes. BTW how does Superman shave? Does he have to use a kryptonite razor?

But it's clear to me they got the right actor this time. No offense to Brandon Routh, who I almost feel sorry for. I don't think he's a bad actor, but he got tied to a bad project and it has hurt him dearly in Hollywood. No one will touch him with a 10ft poll.

__________________
"I'm going to show you something beautiful. Everyone screaming, for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings.......strings....... but now I'm free. There are no strings on me."

- Ultron V
Tony Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #191
747
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.
 
747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sweden
Posts: 4,068
Default Re: Rate the Man of Steel trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkotb View Post
that's just so girly. i hope you really are a girl


Emotions ftw.

747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #192
Kirmit
Big Green Machine.
 
Kirmit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 3,098
Default Re: Rate the Man of Steel trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
One thing I will say is Cavil's look and voice work are perfect. Not a big fan of all the beard scenes. BTW how does Superman shave? Does he have to use a kryptonite razor?
I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere he uses a mirror and his laser vision to do it.

__________________
Puny Human.
Kirmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #193
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 76,132
Default Re: Rate the Man of Steel trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsbleed View Post
Think about the most successful superhero franchise that WB has... Batman... that will tell you why they are taking the serious route of trying to make Superman and his surroundings something more real than the glorified fantasy world you want Metropolis and Superman to be. It's something that hasn't been explored before whereas you seem to want happy happy joy joy... but the thing is, I don't think happy happy joy joy is going to resonate as much on an emotional level as something that has gravity and peril. And just from the trailer, I can already feel the gravity and peril that comes with the struggles of just growing up and trying to find yourself, what more with someone who is as conflicted as Superman? It's just the better route to go.

Gasp! Thank you for explaining to me the very obvious reason why it has been done! Clearly I had no idea and simply do not like the tone because I did not understand it! You have opened my eyes!

But seriously, you point to TDK, to which I say, look at the most successful superhero movie ever....The Avengers. It embraced its comic book roots. It embraced the fantastical nature of the world. It didn't make apologies for being a comic book movie or not being super dark and gritty....and that strategy paid off in a huge way. It could do the same for Superman. Rather than almost be embarrassed by the character, Warners should be embracing him.

__________________
Avatar by Hunter Rider
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #194
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick
 
Tacit Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,565
Default Re: Rate the Man of Steel trailer

Your point only proves that general audiences will flock to see more serious, ponderous movies like TDK and pure escapism like the Avengers, as long as both are good.

Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:35 PM   #195
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger
 
Duran Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 3,665
Default Re: Rate the Man of Steel trailer

Cool trailer. I wasn't going to see it (not a big Superman fan), but now I might. Though, I don't care for this Lois Lane.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Duran Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:36 PM   #196
knowsbleed
Banned User
 
knowsbleed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 21,139
Default Re: Rate the Man of Steel trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Gasp! Thank you for explaining to me the very obvious reason why it has been done! Clearly I had no idea and simply do not like the tone because I did not understand it! You have opened my eyes!

But seriously, you point to TDK, to which I say, look at the most successful superhero movie ever....The Avengers. It embraced its comic book roots. It embraced the fantastical nature of the world. It didn't make apologies for being a comic book movie or not being super dark and gritty....and that strategy paid off in a huge way. It could do the same for Superman. Rather than almost be embarrassed by the character, Warners should be embracing him.
It's obvious that when WB recruited Nolan to oversee the process of modernizing Superman for a new generation that they didn't want to go that route. Obvious!

Now you're using Avengers as an example... of what? Something that has never been done before, so you're saying that a DC movie should be like a Marvel movie. They have always had different atmospheres, even in the comics. I don't see anything wrong with trying to break the comicbook movie stereotypes of being a big fun fest... we have Marvel for that. We have more Avengers movies for that. The MoS team is trying to do something that hasn't been done before with Superman. No need to retread happy happy joy joy, that's been done in other Superman movies.

Also, where are you getting the idea that they are embarrassed about the character? It's the complete opposite, they are respecting the character enough to flesh him out and fully realize what drives and motivates him to actually become Superman. Not just, "I'm SUPERMAN, let's fight some bad guys". Now that is ****ing boring.

knowsbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:36 PM   #197
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite
 
G.Godfrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,119
Default Re: Rate the Man of Steel trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I rate it weak, based solely on a marketing perspective. It was essentially the exact same tone of the SR trailer with a couple shots of an exploding space ship. It needed something more. It needed Superman doing something super (other than flying). From a marketing perspective I just can't see how, after SR, ANYONE at Warners thought it was a good idea (then again, this is the same studio that gave the go ahead on the teaser).
And what do you base this on? The trailer got over 5 million views on YouTube in the first 24 hours. That's about the same count as TDKR managed. It was trending worldwide on twitter and in the US in release and I saw it trending in the US twice in the past 8 hours. There are literally hundreds of comments about it on some non-fanboy media sites. And the reaction is very positive among the majority of these comments. I think you are simply projecting what is your dissatisfaction with the trailer (and perhaps the film) onto an entirely different issue of marketing.

Now I did expecting something different than what we got and am perhaps a bit disappointed over the lack of Zod dialogue and glimpses of Superman in battle, but the fact is, that will come in the 3rd trailer. This trailer by all accounts did it's job very, very well. Pretty much as good an outcome as WB could hope and without revealing what will likely be the highlight of the film, Shannon's performance and the dynamic of Zod - Superman relationships and the city-destructive battles that it will cause. Well played I say!

G.Godfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #198
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer
 
Quasimod0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 9,534
Default Re: Rate the Man of Steel trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I rate it weak, based solely on a marketing perspective. It was essentially the exact same tone of the SR trailer with a couple shots of an exploding space ship. It needed something more. It needed Superman doing something super (other than flying). From a marketing perspective I just can't see how, after SR, ANYONE at Warners thought it was a good idea (then again, this is the same studio that gave the go ahead on the teaser).

Anyway, my thoughts....

It just didn't do it for me.

I am just getting a bad vibe all around. Maybe I'm being old fashioned but I don't want to see Superman being dragged around by the military in chains and handcuffs. I don't want to see how the REAL world would react to a figure like Superman (which is exactly what Nolan seems to be doing). I love Superman because both he and his world show us at our best. Metropolis is a place where people will accept a man who can fly, saving people just because it is the right thing to do. Clark Kent never questions himself or is so emo-y.

Yes, I get that Nolan (and I say Nolan because anyone who thinks that Snyder is anything more than a glorified camera holder is kidding themselves) wants to do a critique of the real world and how they would view Superman and what I am asking for is an idealized version of the world....but so what? Why does everything have to be "dark and gritty and realistic." Should It's A Wonderful Life end with George killing himself because that is the more realistic approach? Superman is a character who should exist in a fantasy world, IMO. Superman should be fun and light....not gritty and realistic. The world is ****ty enough. Why does Metropolis also have to be?

BTW: Could Nolan be any less subtle about the military critiques? From making Superman vs the military such a visual aspect of the trailer, right down to picking right wing, oppressive, military tyrant General Zod as the villain....the themes are about as subtle as being hit with a frying pan. But I suppose the same is true of TDK and TDKR and people who act like there are all kinds of hidden layers to the movies are really just lying to themselves.

Anyway, just my opinion. But there we go....flame on!
You're over-thinking it with the military thing man. Dont worry about it

__________________
Movies I have seen this year (in theaters):
Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10, TMNT- 7.5/10, Maze Runner- 8/10, Expendables 3- 7/10, Interstellar-9/10, Big Hero 6- 8.5/10
Quasimod0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:39 PM   #199
scifiwolf
Side-Kick
 
scifiwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 4,706
Default Re: Rate the Man of Steel trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Your point only proves that general audiences will flock to see more serious, ponderous movies like TDK and pure escapism like the Avengers, as long as both are good.
I was about to say this. People don't give a s*** about serious vs mindless, as long as they perceive quality. Another thing to consider, and I beat this drum in the Batman forums, is that when these filmmakers do a comic book movie, or a series of them like Nolan, Raimi, Bay, etc, it's no different than when writers/illustrators do their runs on characters in the books. Sometimes they happen within continuity, sometimes they're independent stories to provide unique perspectives, or to do things they always wanted to see done. I don't care if directors or producers change things, decide to lean towards serious or fun, or push the envelope. As long as they respect the material and give me a quality product, I'll consider it a valid vision.

This looks quality to me.

__________________
Proud to be a WOLF instead of a SHEEP
scifiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #200
super-t
Side-Kick
 
super-t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: texas baby!
Posts: 883
Default Re: Rate the Man of Steel trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Gasp! Thank you for explaining to me the very obvious reason why it has been done! Clearly I had no idea and simply do not like the tone because I did not understand it! You have opened my eyes!

But seriously, you point to TDK, to which I say, look at the most successful superhero movie ever....The Avengers. It embraced its comic book roots. It embraced the fantastical nature of the world. It didn't make apologies for being a comic book movie or not being super dark and gritty....and that strategy paid off in a huge way. It could do the same for Superman. Rather than almost be embarrassed by the character, Warners should be embracing him.
I think the MAJOR reason why Avengers did what it did was because of the build up to it. Not just because it embraced its comic roots. Take away the build up and i doubt it makes the same numbers. Not taking anything away from the movie because to me it was SICK!

__________________
" The Real Black Superman "
super-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.