The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 01:34 PM   #976
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
Do you have a theory? Do you think he's being pulled in?

Well no, but it might as well be the jet engine exhaust for all we know. But again, not the point, hehe...

Old 12-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #977
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Well no, but it might as well be the jet engine exhaust for all we know. But again, not the point, hehe...
okay okay lol I tried to pull you in.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 12-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #978
Rowsdower!
THE WALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoKnight13 View Post
One of my favourite moments in the trailer is at the beginning, with Clarke crying in the closet covering his ears, and Martha teary eyed on the other side of th door. It seems to be that Clark is overwhelmed by his super hearing, and she is doing everything she can to get him through it (think of my voice as an island, alone in the middle of an ocean. Do you see it). Good stuff.
Yeah, that is a really good scene. It took me a couple viewings before I figured out it was Clark being affected by his super-hearing. Do you think more casual viewers will understand that?

Old 12-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #979
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
great post! spot on!

I said it many times in the aftermath of SR, if they had just not included that kid plotline, I would probably have enjoyed SR much more and would have been far less critical.

the lack of action or fight scenes wasn't the dealbreaker. it was because the main character, Superman, didn't really feel like Superman to me.

it's like with the new Spider-man movie, TASM.

I actually thought the special effects and the fight scenes in TASM were far better than the prior films. Perhaps it was due to advancements in tech, but Spider-man fought and moved more like Spidey in TASM.

HOWEVER, the way Peter/Spidey was characterized in TASM was way off the mark. For me, he didn't feel like Peter Parker/Spider-man.

So, even though TASM had better action and fight scenes, ultimately, I disliked the movie because of the characterization.
with TASM i found peter portrayal much closer to the comics then the sappy, cry baby, love sick Raimi films version. Now MOS hasn't come out yet, but he is useing his powers to help people, hes got the suit, and he has doubts but knows he can save the world according to the trailer.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #980
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Yeah, that is a really good scene. It took me a couple viewings before I figured out it was Clark being affected by his super-hearing. Do you think more casual viewers will understand that?
Highly doubtful from the trailer, but I'm sure Snyder has a visual style to showcase this particular power in the film.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #981
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think so.A lot of non fans seem to nget it.
Once again Im quite gla that the trailer is hiting the right nots with non fans.
Still I expect Pacific rim trailer to steal its thunder due to action

Old 12-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #982
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

I think the tornado scene will be interesting. How will he act, try to keep the special side of him a secret like Jonathan told him when he was kid. And how will his decision ultimately affect the situation (Jonathan's death etc.)

Old 12-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #983
Rowsdower!
THE WALL

Yeah, it might. But I think this will be a big hit too with audiences. The overall response on the net has been very positive from what I've seen.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:50 PM   #984
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, it might. But I think this will be a big hit too with audiences. The overall response on the net has been very positive from what I've seen.
They just to go to show a trailer that shows superman doing spectatular stuff whilst hiding the important stuff like they are doing now and i will light up the boxoffice.
Anyways MOS will succeed though.The idea of Christopher Nolan combined with Superman will sell this thing to breaking even.The movie itself will determine how far it goes at box office.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:55 PM   #985
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAK® View Post
I think it's a speed thing. Something needs to generate the power required to go faster. So a powerful take-off will give the results shown in the trailer. A basic, slow take-off won't.
I want to see Superman be able to go from 0-100 in zero flat. He should be able to just propel himself at will and not need a build up of energy to project himself in the sky. Say he's already flying and wants to go faster....he just goes a d speeds up

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 12-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #986
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
I think so.A lot of non fans seem to nget it.
Once again Im quite gla that the trailer is hiting the right nots with non fans.
Still I expect Pacific rim trailer to steal its thunder due to action
I'm definitely excited for pacific rim, but I'm skeptical on it being more successful than a superman movie. I just think giant robots versus monsters is a very target audience, one you're much less likely to get the female audience in for that you could with a "sexy" lead like Henry cavill and a strong female character in faora. Not to mention the appeal of Amy Adams and Diane lane. People really underestimate how much affect this has on a movies box office take I think.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #987
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm definitely excited for pacific rim, but I'm skeptical on it being more successful than a superman movie. I just think giant robots versus monsters is a very target audience, one you're much less likely to get the female audience in for that you could with a "sexy" lead like Henry cavill and a strong female character in faora. Not to mention the appeal of Amy Adams and Diane lane. People really underestimate how much affect this has on a movies box office take I think.
Of course its for a target audience-namely the Transformers audience and we both know the transformers audience brings in a lot of cash.And with Transformers numbers,Pacific will beat MOS.
As great as the trailer is,it needed to show superman in action

Old 12-12-2012, 02:14 PM   #988
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I'm definitely thinking he'll will use his ship that he was sent in maybe to take down black zero. I think he might use it in a similar way that he did in Earth One.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME

Last edited by BH/HHH; 12-12-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:21 PM   #989
knowsbleed
Banned User

Quote:
Of course its for a target audience-namely the Transformers audience and we both know the transformers audience brings in a lot of cash.And with Transformers numbers,Pacific will beat MOS.
Word of mouth does wonders for a movie. None of the Avengers trailers did anything for me, it was the word of mouth that made me want to see it. I'm hoping that MoS will generate a good buzz.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #990
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Transformers is a hugely established franchise with a massive built in fanbase. It's a lot harder to market it as an original idea I think. As for seeing superman in action, there's plenty of time for another trailer showcasing that. In the case of pacific rim I think it will be much like transformers, that once you see the first trailer they all look the same after.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #991
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsbleed View Post
Word of mouth does wonders for a movie. None of the Avengers trailers did anything for me, it was the word of mouth that made me want to see it. I'm hoping that MoS will generate a good buzz.
Hey same with me-tw as the word of mouth among my friends who are non-comic fans that got me to see the movie.Prior to that I just saw the movie as a gimmick but when I saw it I was blown.

MOS needs a good buzz.This is why I think not showing superman doing superfeats in the hobbit trailer is kinda miss.Well I hope Nolan and Supermans name gets people interested into thinking this wont be SR

Old 12-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #992
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Transformers is a hugely established franchise with a massive built in fanbase. It's a lot harder to market it as an original idea I think. As for seeing superman in action, there's plenty of time for another trailer showcasing that. In the case of pacific rim I think it will be much like transformers, that once you see the first trailer they all look the same after.
Transformers 1 did not have a massive built in fanabase,it created one.The reason why was because of the spectacle associated with it-Basically watching Robots fight Robots was the major selling piont of that film.Pacific rim has a similar but even more spectatular premise.Its going to be the new Transformers no doubt.

Of course I know they have other chances to show superman in action,I just dont see why they decided to misss the chance with the Hobbit especially considering the crowds it will bring

Old 12-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #993
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

so what do you think drives Clark into "exile" ( move to Alaska, grow a beard, work as a fisherman, etc. )?

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-12-2012, 02:36 PM   #994
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
so what do you think drives Clark into "exile" ( move to Alaska, grow a beard, work as a fisherman, etc. )?
Probably the
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
death of Pa Kent

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 12-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #995
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Transformers 1 did not have a massive built in fanabase,it created one.The reason why was because of the spectacle associated with it-Basically watching Robots fight Robots was the major selling piont of that film.Pacific rim has a similar but even more spectatular premise.Its going to be the new Transformers no doubt.

Of course I know they have other chances to show superman in action,I just dont see why they decided to misss the chance with the Hobbit especially considering the crowds it will bring
Transformers 1 had the fanbase of the toyline and tv series spanning multiple generations. I do agree that pacific rim has a far more exciting premise though. I do agree with you that they should have shown at least one money shot of him in action though. I just think MOS has more of the right pieces in place to do better business, not saying it necessarily will.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #996
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Probably the
death of Pa Kent
See I dont get this.Why wld that cause clark to go to exile.Sure it hurts but cutting himself from humanity just because of that isnt an appropriate response-unless he felt responsinle for it.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:42 PM   #997
Adenjo
Cottonheadedninnymuggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by afan View Post
Not sure if it's been discussed.......forgive me if a previous post has mentioned this.......

The take off in the trailer is dramatically stunning......but... do we suppose that it is the methodology for each and every take off.... and if not why not.
Will there be less dramatic, "every day", type lift offs? We only see the one in the trailer so perhaps it's a unique take off, take.
It appears that some force affects his surroundings...would that force be harmful to, oh let's say Lois, when he carries her?
I think the take off in the trailer is Clarks first flight.
I could be wrong tho

It isn't about looking realistic. It is about looking awesome.
[DarthSkywalker]

BAZINGA
For the Star Wars fans
MY VANITY THREAD

TWITTER the_midlander
Old 12-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #998
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Probably the
death of Pa Kent
Quote:
See I dont get this.Why wld that cause clark to go to exile.Sure it hurts but cutting himself from humanity just because of that isnt an appropriate response-unless he was responsinle for it.

yeah........Pa's death would probably be a factor.

but maybe it also has to do with him not using his powers. Perhaps after the "maybe" talk, Clark stops using his powers and hides them. Now, fast forward to college age Clark, and he comes back home to Smallville for a visit. the tornado hits and Clark saves people, but doesn't use his powers. Pa Kent dies, and Clark blames himself for not being able to save him, because he didn't use his powers.......

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #999
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adenjo View Post
I think the take off in the trailer is Clarks first flight.
I could be wrong tho
hmmmm.........I don't think it will be his 1st flight. I'd imagine he'd already have some experience flying.

but, perhaps, this is the 1st time he flies into space. so he needs more of a buildup for the launch.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #1000
knowsbleed
Banned User

Quote:
Hey same with me-tw as the word of mouth among my friends who are non-comic fans that got me to see the movie.Prior to that I just saw the movie as a gimmick but when I saw it I was blown.

MOS needs a good buzz.This is why I think not showing superman doing superfeats in the hobbit trailer is kinda miss.Well I hope Nolan and Supermans name gets people interested into thinking this wont be SR
I meant word of mouth post release. None of TA trailers did anything for me, it was the post release word of mouth that made me want to watch the movie. Same thing with TDK.

Closed Thread