The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #26
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I think that shot of something falling from the sky in the background while someone, probably Clark, is fishing. I think that is the "Fortress" ship or probe where he uses his "key" to activate AI Jor-El. Jor-El tells him who he is and reassures him that it alright to be something more and that leads to Clark donning the Kryptonian garb and becoming Superman. Don't ask me why the ship or probe arrives so long after Clark though. I have no clue. lol

In regards to the motivation for going into exile,
I think it is the opposite of what you folks are thinking. Based on the old descriptions of Clark using his powers during the tornado, I wonder if Clark goes against what his father warned him and that somehow results in Clark blaming himself for Jonathan's death. Guilty over the harm that his abilities caused, Clark goes into exile, lost about what he should do with his life. In terms of story beats, that makes the most sense to me.

*The above is speculation, but I put it in spoiler tags since that seems to be the norm in this thread now for some reason.
Maybe

the explosion on Krypton knocks it off course or the ship isn't built aswell as the pod that Clark arrives in

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 12-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #27
elgaz
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 21

I think just like in previous films, Jonathan Kent's death could be a cataclysmic factor in Clark's life.

However, in most previous incarnations, Jonathan died and Clark was often too late on the scene. He lamented that despite all his powers, he couldn't use them to save him.

It would be quite a different take if Jonathan dies here as a result of Clark not using his abilities. In effect, despite all his powers, it's the fact that he wouldn't use them which may lead to Jonathan's death indirectly......... perhaps something to do with the tornado.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #28
biggles2000uk
Side-Kick

There is a young Lana Lang in the film, why no adult Lana?

I think its misdirection!!!

My theory
I think Amy Adams is playing Lana Lang.
She will know about Clark's secret as a teen, and will recognise Superman as Clark when he dons the suit to save Earth against Zod. His confident. She may die.

The Daily planet will have a small role in the film, no doubt reporting on events.
Clark will only join the DP at the end, and thats when we will see his glasses and maybe the real Lois, set up for the next film

Old 12-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #29
knowsbleed
electrically relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgaz View Post
I think just like in previous films, Jonathan Kent's death could be a cataclysmic factor in Clark's life.

However, in most previous incarnations, Jonathan died and Clark was often too late on the scene. He lamented that despite all his powers, he couldn't use them to save him.

It would be quite a different take if Jonathan dies here as a result of Clark not using his abilities. In effect, despite all his powers, it's the fact that he wouldn't use them which may lead to Jonathan's death indirectly......... perhaps something to do with the tornado.
It would be bittersweetly ironic if Jonathan's "maybe" influenced Clark not to save him in fear of exposing himself.

knowsbleed is a vagatarian
Old 12-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #30
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles2000uk View Post

My theory
She will know about Clark's secret as a teen, and will recognise Superman as Clark when he dons the suit to save Earth against Zod. His confident. She may die.

The Daily planet will have a small role in the film, no doubt reporting on events.
Clark will only join the DP at the end, and thats when we will see his glasses and maybe the real Lois, set up for the next film
Amy Adams is playing Lois Labe it's not a Miranda Tate situation here.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #31
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:

My theory

No. Stop.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #32
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:

My theory

I agree. The amount of screen time that she's going to have in an origin film, her being a red head and Clark being seen so often w/o glasses made me think the same thing.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #33
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
No. Stop.
It's getting ridiculous people making theory's like that. Lois Labe is a major character they're not just gonna turn round and have her be Lana Lang.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #34
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
It's getting ridiculous people making theory's like that. Lois Labe is a major character they're not just gonna turn round and have her be Lana Lang.
I was completely fine with her hair color. But now I wish they changed it so people would stop saying "she's more suited for Lana" or "she's actually secretly Lana and WB lied for no particular reason!"

Old 12-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #35
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Woah.
i made a mistake didnt i?

Old 12-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #36
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsbleed View Post
It would be bittersweetly ironic if Jonathan's "maybe" influenced Clark not to save him in fear of exposing himself.
That's both what I think and want it to play out. It would be a nice twist on the classic "even with his great powers he couldn't save them/him" angle.

It would also be quite the dark and daring approach.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #37
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
I was completely fine with her hair color. But now I wish they changed it so people would stop saying "she's more suited for Lana" or "she's actually secretly Lana and WB lied for no particular reason!"
Ironic thing is that young Lana is actually a brunette.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #38
X Knight
Taking a Break

I wonder how Lana will react to Clark's powers.

and, I hope an adult Lana plays a role in future films........

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #39
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean, people just assume because this film was partly written by Chris Nolan it will involve some stupid twist.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #40
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Amy Adams is the one element of casting that I'm not entirely sold on... We'll see.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 12-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #41
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

I'm pretty sure the girl looking at Clark after the bus rescue is Lana.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #42
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
Amy Adams is the one element of casting that I'm not entirely sold on... We'll see.
Really? I'm very confident she'll do the role justice she's a really talented actress.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #43
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
People thought Hathaway would suck as Catwoman, and she did a great job.
Adams will do a fine job as Lois.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #44
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Really? I'm very confident she'll do the role justice she's a really talented actress.
Oh I love her... but she just doesn't feel like Lois to me. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt as always, theres just something off about her at the minute.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 12-12-2012, 03:49 PM   #45
X Knight
Taking a Break

while we are all debating Jonathan's motives in MOS, let's remember what Snyder said when Costner was 1st cast in the role.

“Jonathan Kent is the only father figure Clark has ever had, the man who was there to help Clark understand what he was meant to do in the world as Superman,” said Snyder in a statement. “Kevin will be able to communicate the quiet strength of this rural American man who raised the greatest super hero of all time.”

so, it seems ( and I hope so ) that there is more to Costner's Jonathan than just the "fearful, overprotective father."

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-12-2012, 03:51 PM   #46
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
People thought Hathaway would suck as Catwoman, and she did a great job.
Adams will do a fine job as Lois.
I well aware of that... It's just more of a personal feeling that i'm sure will be erased when I see her full performace.

Everyone seems perfectly cast in this film. Adams was the one person that just didn't feel right to me.

But hey, Snyder must have seen something.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 12-12-2012, 03:51 PM   #47
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Oh I love her... but she just doesn't feel like Lois to me. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt as always, theres just something off about her at the minute.
Fair enough hope she manages to pull Lois off but I believe she will make the role her own.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #48
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
I well aware of that... It's just more of a personal feeling that i'm sure will be erased when I see her full performace.

Everyone seems perfectly cast in this film. Adams was the one person that just didn't feel right to me.

But hey, Snyder must have seen something.
I did a double take when i heard Adams was cast as Lois. It just didn't seem right to me. The more i thought about it though, the more i liked it. Adams has a spunky side to her, but she can also be very emotional.

All i know is she's been great in most of the films she has been in, and i think she'll bring Lois's spunky side as well as new elements to the table.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #49
X Knight
Taking a Break

hey....remember when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker, people were like........say what??

I was one of them.............

and we all know how that turned out.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #50
JAK®
Upstart

Adams seems off because she has a very feminine appearance. She has big, round blue eyes, a pale complexion and a round face. Combine that with her red hair and you get someone who looks more innocent than you would expect for the character.

Lois Lane, particularly in recent years, has always had a darker look with sharper, more masculine facial features. More of a femme fetale kind of look.

However, despite all this, Amy Adams has tackled characters that required her to work past her innocent appearance before, and has done so to critical acclaim.

Would I have preferred that they made more of an effort to change her appearance? Yes. But she has earned the right to the benefit of the doubt. In the end, I was happy when she was cast.

Closed Thread