The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #76
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
OT: So, Pacific Rim-trailer in 46 minutes? http://www.panpacificdefense.com/
And I can't waaaaait.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #77
lixdexia
Blood Angels

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
forget I said anything about birthright, there's no lex here.
birthright, with lex finding brainiac instead of the phantom zone and minus some of the stuff from the beginning of the book, would have been the perfect superman movie.

dictated, not read.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #78
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

I hope there are hints of Lex or Luthor Corp in MOS.

besides, the whole "does the world trust/fear Superman" theme would play right into Lex's agenda.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #79
Mean Mr Mustard
Mighty Pirate

Btw, did anyone notice on the trailer, when superman is vomiting blood, there's a heavy armored boot next to him?...most likely Zod

Old 12-12-2012, 07:09 PM   #80
Supermanila
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Mr Mustard View Post
Btw, did anyone notice on the trailer, when superman is vomiting blood, there's a heavy armored boot next to him?...most likely Zod
According to a poster here, it's the boots of Faora. Apparently Superman takes quite a beating from Faora in the movie, and in that particular scene, he took a blow to the gut.

OT: The countdown has ended for Pacific Rim, and a trailer link has shown up, but it links to an invalid page in Apple Trailers website.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #81
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Ha well at least we know that WB isn't just biased to Superman when it comes to their marketing glitches. Gotta say the Man Of Steel trailer viral campaign went off without a hitch start to finish.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #82
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermanila View Post
According to a poster here, it's the boots of Faora. Apparently Superman takes quite a beating from Faora in the movie, and in that particular scene, he took a blow to the gut.

OT: The countdown has ended for Pacific Rim, and a trailer link has shown up, but it links to an invalid page in Apple Trailers website.
It doesn't look like Faora's boots....too big and bulky

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoKnight13 View Post
Ha well at least we know that WB isn't just biased to Superman when it comes to their marketing glitches. Gotta say the Man Of Steel trailer viral campaign went off without a hitch start to finish.
And yes...the Man of Steel viral marketing was flawless!!! I hope we get more stuff like that in the near future

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 12-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #83
GreenKToo
In the fire

Ok. Saw the PR trailer. It was good. Got a unavoidable tf vibe tho. I can honestly say i liked the mos trailer better.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #84
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
Ok. Saw the PR trailer. It was good. Got a unavoidable tf vibe tho. I can honestly say i liked the mos trailer better.
I think the MOS trailer is on a whole other level. PR looks like a cartoon to me. Not visually, but the concept. Visually it looks very, very dull. And yeah, a TF vibe. Just without the visuals and with slow and silly looking monsters. Oh well, moving on...

Old 12-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #85
Supermanila
Side-Kick

Her boots looked fairly bulky here, but I wouldn't really know

And yeah, they need to replace their Web Designer

Old 12-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #86
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
Where'd you see it, mayn? In the cinema?

EDIT: Nevermind...

Old 12-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #87
SuperAl
Superman's back!

I kinda thought of modern day powerrangers when i watched the PR trailer, big robots fighting monsters.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #88
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAl View Post
I kinda thought of modern day powerrangers when i watched the PR trailer, big robots fighting monsters.
Power rangers, exactly the reference I was looking for and I didn't even know it!

Old 12-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #89
lixdexia
Blood Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAl View Post
i know, pretty awesome right!

dictated, not read.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #90
sup101
Side-Kick

That Pacific Rim-trailer was okay but not better then the MOS trailer.http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/mus...c-rim-trailer/

Old 12-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #91
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
That Pacific Rim-trailer was okay but not better then the MOS trailer.http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/mus...c-rim-trailer/
Definitely not. At all. I thought the PR-trailer was kinda generic and not very del Toro'ish. It didnt even excite me and I thought it sounded awesome initially.

Oh well, off to bed..

Old 12-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #92
McLarenMP4
Side-Kick

Just watched the PR trailer and tbh i really don't think MOS has anything to worry about.
It was like Real Steel vs Godzilla, not sure if it's got the same appeal as Transformers as it's got a more disaster movie type feel to it.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:36 PM   #93
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

eh the PR trailer wasn't that bad. I enjoyed it, but yeah it wasn't special like the MOS. However, the MOS wasn't as epic as everyone is making it seem, though it was really well done.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Old 12-12-2012, 07:39 PM   #94
sup101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Definitely not. At all. I thought the PR-trailer was kinda generic and not very del Toro'ish. It didnt even excite me and I thought it sounded awesome initially.

Oh well, off to bed..
Just a bunch of cgi shots and no story.WB should move MOS to july and move Pacific Rim to june.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:39 PM   #95
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

Just watched the Pacific Rim trailer....what...was....that???? I wasn't impressed at all

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 12-12-2012, 07:42 PM   #96
bgshw44
Side-Kick

did anyone notice that they revamped the MOS website? They added the June 14th release date.

http://manofsteel.warnerbros.com/index.html

Lets go WB make another superman movie!!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:44 PM   #97
Mean Mr Mustard
Mighty Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermanila View Post
Her boots looked fairly bulky here, but I wouldn't really know

And yeah, they need to replace their Web Designer
Looking at the trailer, I say it's not the same boot. The one in the trailer looks more bulky...so I think it is Zod.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #98
fanboiii
♢♦ ᴍᴀᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ♦♢

There's also that third Kryptonian.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:23 PM   #99
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

So why do you guys think they are not having that big Kryptonian from the Donnar films and just Zod and the female.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Old 12-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #100
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
There's also that third Kryptonian.
There is!!!!!!!!!?????

Closed Thread