The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 12-09-2012, 07:13 PM   #276
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Default Re: Can you track the comic source?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Nah, almost definitely not. Firstly, this issue would have been written around three months before the preview came out. So, in short, before The Dark Knight Rises was released. Not to mention DC wouldn't pass over three other Robin origins that all came out this month too, just to relate Dick to Blake.

Secondly, the reasons for knowing are completely different. As a trapeze artist Dick needs to be able to read the people he is working with and be able to know what they will do by reading their body language. When he first meets Bruce, he has a severe headache, twitching eyes from lack of sleep and a constant teeth grinding. Later, when he meets Batman he displays the same subconscious habits. Nothing about his bones and fake smiles.
Oh, and Blake as an up-and-coming detective doesn't?

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
BatmanBeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #277
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

That's fair enough, but Blake had never met Batman to use him as a comparison for Bruce did he now?

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #278
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomShock View Post
Agreed on both accounts. I've NEVER understood how people can think Bane is a lackey, especially seeing as HE does all of the decision making and the work, Talia merely passes information. It seems like a mutual goal that required Bane's skills as a strategist.

And with Blake, there's totally plenty to attribute there. Like the fact that Blake's own anger leads him to become a police officer (which Bruce could've potentially done had he not realized early on that the "struture was shackles") and hell, the fact that he was a child with an overactive imagination who not only understood "the look" but probably could determine (like most of us) what Batman would need to operate: money. The biggest thing about Bruce Wayne's image has always been his playboy facade, even in the graphic novel "Year One" Gordon and Co. almost immediately suspect him, but are convinced otherwise by the fact that Bruce is a completely immature/spoiled rich-boy. The fact that John Blake sees through this barrier, as well as has his own experiences to go off of, gives him a leg up above others in discovering the identity of the Batman.
This is my exact line of thinking on the issue.

The real conceit isn't John Blake figuring out that Bruce Wayne is Batman- it's that nobody else does. The source of this conceit is that Bruce puts on the playboy facade to throw Gotham off the scent. As Alfred warns Bruce in BB, people would have reason to suspect what someone like Bruce Wayne did with his time and his money if he didn't give them a reason not to.

Blake sees Bruce's facade in action (Bruce showing up at the orphanage with a hot date, etc.)) and sees it for the construct it is. He's the only person in the trilogy that actually is able to intuit that. Even Gordon in TDK witnesses Bruce Wayne do something extremely heroic, and he's even about to commend him for this when he's completely fooled by Bruce's act.

The idea is that if you had a reason to suspect that there was more...nay a LOT more, to Bruce Wayne than meets the eye, it wouldn't be all that hard to tie him to Batman. The movie uses a bit of melodrama by making it a scenario where the only guy to ever get this kind of hunch about Bruce is another orphan who has pent up anger about his parents' murders. But even that is a nice homage to the idea of who Robin is and what he represents to Bruce.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #279
Hulk1968
An agent of chaos...

Good finds, IMHO

Old 12-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #280
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
It's not related to The Dark Knight Rises, but in the end of Red Hood and The Outlaws #13 Joker is seen looking for his old red hood, muttering Heath Ledger's "And here... We.. Go!".
I must track this down.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:41 PM   #281
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Just_Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:56 PM   #282
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I must track this down.
I found it!

And added it to the blog: http://tdkinfluence.blogspot.ie/

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:12 AM   #283
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Human View Post

Nice!

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote