The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 12-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #26
Macrotus
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

Any word on The Dark Knight Reborn - was it any good?
Been searching the net but can't find any leaks (>_<)

Macrotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:05 PM   #27
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

Dark Knight Reborn is basically previous footage from the BB and TDK blu ray extras mixed in with TDKR extras. Nothing really new.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #28
Macrotus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Dark Knight Reborn is basically previous footage from the BB and TDK blu ray extras mixed in with TDKR extras. Nothing really new.
Thanks! Glad I'm not missing out on anything then!

Macrotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:10 AM   #29
Ant-LOX
Bathman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
If the "Ultimate Editions" of the movies ever come to fruition I hope that they have commentary tracks. Chris Nolan doesn't like doing them but maybe they could convince Goyer and Jonathan Nolan to record them. Jonah always provides good insight whenever he talks about the movies.
I'd take anyone, some films have obscure people doing commentaries like set design people, audio editors or prop people.

I'd take anyone with extra insight doing commentary at this point, The extra features do peel back the layers a bit.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #30
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/res...s-charts-29096
Quote:
The Dark Knight Rises debuted at No. 1 on both the Nielsen VideoScan First Alert sales chart, which tracks overall disc sales, and Nielsen’s dedicated Blu-ray Disc sales chart. Debuting at No. 2 was the Dark Knight Trilogy set, which includes Dark Knight Rises as well as 2005’s Batman Begins and 2008’s The Dark Knight.

In all, Nielsen data shows 17.2% of consumers who bought The Dark Knight Rises got it with the trilogy set; 18.6% of those who bought Dark Knight Rises on Blu-ray bought as part of the trilogy.

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Dragon_316ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #31
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Yeah really disappointing, I was expecting some insight into the 8 year long wait that so many Batman scripts were in development hell and that due to the Marvel movie resurgence of the 2000's finally made WB get off their butts.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #32
Victarion
Cut

Of all the Batman scripts, that one with Scarecow and Manbat is one I'd love to see.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #33
kguillou
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
Yeah really disappointing, I was expecting some insight into the 8 year long wait that so many Batman scripts were in development hell and that due to the Marvel movie resurgence of the 2000's finally made WB get off their butts.
Yeah that would have been nice.

On the Batman (1989) special edition blu ray there is a great, comprehensive documentary on how Batman had been in development hell for years and years before they were able to convice WB to do a dark Batman film. If you havent seen it, i highly recommend it.

kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:31 AM   #34
Aron9692003
Side-Kick

Sorry to double post again, merch threads just kind of dead and not all y'all look at it as well I'm sure.
Got a few more new things
Hadn't seen these matchbox the bats anywhere. Then seen there's some on eBay.

I really like the mezitz tumbler, haven't seen the batpod one with Catwoman anywhere.

I only like the batman vs bane packs cause of the batman beyond like outfit and I like to buy the target only, Walmart only type stuff. All about collecting.

This last 12 pack, if you show them on your phone that on their website it's 14.99, they'll price match it and make it the 14.99 instead of 29.99. I definitely wasn't gong to pay that for em lol. Happy Holidays to all. How many times have you, will you, watch the dark knight rises this month? We only have one life to watch it! Haha

Aron9692003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:49 AM   #35
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
Yeah that would have been nice.

On the Batman (1989) special edition blu ray there is a great, comprehensive documentary on how Batman had been in development hell for years and years before they were able to convice WB to do a dark Batman film. If you havent seen it, i highly recommend it.
Oh yeah I have the Bluray and I love watching that documentary, just the excitement of them talking about what it took to bring Batman to the big screen, now that's what a retrospective should be about.

I just wish they had delved more into the initial backlash from fans over Keaton's casting, especially the often nasty letters fans would write to comic insider magazines and a brand new Keaton interview instead of the archived footage.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #36
kguillou
Side-Kick

Yeah i'd LOVE to see a retrospective commentary from Keaton about playing Batman back then. Jack Nicholson seems to love talking about playing the joker but Keaton seems to shy away from that role. I'd also love a retrospective documentary about how Schumaker drove the franchise into the ground (although they'd probably never admit that) and how they had to ressurect it with Nolan.

kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #37
chesslover
Side-Kick

From 2/21 thru 2/25 Walmart is offering the single dvd for $9.96

Old 12-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #38
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

The Dark Knight Rises
The Dark Knight Trilogy has been nominated as Best Film Franchise at this year’s Critics’ Choice Movie Awards. Vote for The Dark Knight here:

http://bit.ly/DarkKnightFavFranchise

rashad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:58 PM   #39
Travesty
TEOL

That just looks like you're voting for the Batman franchise in general.

Old 12-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #40
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Dammit! It has Toy Story! Tought choice!

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

BlueLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:00 PM   #41
xage
Side-Kick

Dark Knight Trilogy - Bestbuy Exclusive

Dark Knight Rises Steelbook - Bestbuy

Dark Knight Rises Steelbook - Futureshop

Dark Knight Rises Lenticular Digibook - Target

Dark Knight Rises Lenticular Slipcover (with Comicbook) - Costco Canada

Dark Knight Rises Slipcover - Bestbuy Canada

Dark Knight Rises with Batman - Walmart Canada

Dark Knight Rises with Bane - Amazon Canada

Dark Knight Rises Bundle - WBSHOP.com

Dark Knight Rises Broken Cowl

xage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:00 PM   #42
xage
Side-Kick

Xage's Dark Knight Rises

Old 12-25-2012, 08:08 PM   #43
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Got the DVD today as an early Christmas gift. Warner Brothers has certainly returned to the exceptional picture quality for their current DVD releases (and not just Blu-ray)... none of that nasty digital noise and compression artifacts that marred TDK. I think it looks almost as good as BB did on home video, a bit soft but very good SD-DVD quality overall.

Here's hoping WB continues that good DVD quality for MOS.

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:38 AM   #44
Verbal21
Side-Kick

For those who have the Best Buy Batman Begins and Dark Knight Steelbook, do they both come with a second disc with all of the bonus features like the regular blu-ray releases? I tried to check the BB website but it's no help. I like the TDK:R steelbook and since the first 2 are only $10 a piece, I was thinking of ordering those as well IF they came with bonus discs. If they're only the bare movies, then it's not worth it to me.

Verbal21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #45
Franchise04
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbal21 View Post
For those who have the Best Buy Batman Begins and Dark Knight Steelbook, do they both come with a second disc with all of the bonus features like the regular blu-ray releases? I tried to check the BB website but it's no help. I like the TDK:R steelbook and since the first 2 are only $10 a piece, I was thinking of ordering those as well IF they came with bonus discs. If they're only the bare movies, then it's not worth it to me.
Yes, they come with all the special features. BB has only one disc, but all special features are on it. DK is two disc.

Franchise04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #46
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Just finished watching all the Extras. They were okay, I thought BB and TDK's Extras were much better.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

TheIrishAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #47
Verbal21
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise04 View Post
Yes, they come with all the special features. BB has only one disc, but all special features are on it. DK is two disc.
Good to know, thanks. I went to pop in the bonus disc of my TDK blu-ray and I noticed it was missing

Got a $5 certificate from BB anyway, so you can't beat getting the TDK Steelbook for only $5

Verbal21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:05 PM   #48
Ziz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
Yeah i'd LOVE to see a retrospective commentary from Keaton about playing Batman back then. Jack Nicholson seems to love talking about playing the joker but Keaton seems to shy away from that role. I'd also love a retrospective documentary about how Schumaker drove the franchise into the ground (although they'd probably never admit that) and how they had to ressurect it with Nolan.
I have the box set of the Burton era films. In the Forever/&Robin docs on those discs Schumacher does basically apologize for the films (moreso &Robin) and pretty much says that by that point, the studio was forcing him to make the films their way, which was essentially as 2 hour toy commercials.

Ziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #49
DCW
Chief's got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Just finished watching all the Extras. They were okay, I thought BB and TDK's Extras were much better.
Love all three movies, thought the extras on all of them were mediocre. Hopefully the ultimate edition has better.

DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:06 PM   #50
xage
Side-Kick

This is the extra feature - should you get the two bestbuy exclusives below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xage View Post
Dark Knight Trilogy - Bestbuy Exclusive

Dark Knight Rises Steelbook - Bestbuy