The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Tech & Support

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #501
Motown Marvel
Crimson and Clover
 
Motown Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Detroit Rock City
Posts: 20,712
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Yeah! Just updated my droid razr maxx HD to jelly bean!

__________________
Dear Prudence, won't you come out and play?
Motown Marvel is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 10:24 PM   #502
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien
 
the dmg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Returning some video tapes...
Posts: 4,885
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post


But in all seriousness, I do the same along with a screen protector.
Lol...I rock a screen protector as well, even though my phone has Gorilla Glass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn View Post
Honestly, I love Android.

Before my iPhone, I had one of the original Droids and - aside from its awful battery life - I really didn't have any complaints.

I love how Android took the ease and simplicity of IOS and gave it some of the versatility and open ended nature of most non-apple operating systems. I'm not at all a proponent of the whole Apple vs. Android war, but as great as IOS, I think I'll always prefer Android.
OG Droid was awesome. I was jealous when my friends had that. My experience came from WM6/6.5, and Android felt much like that experience with the way that I could customize.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
I have a question about Symbian, my friend is thinking of getting a Nokia 808, and I wanted to know what you guys think.

Going by some personal research it's kind of similar to Android, but doesn't have the app support.
Symbian is terribly out of date, IMO. The whole reason that Nokia went with Windows Phone was to get themselves noticed because Nokia was king.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown Marvel View Post
Yeah! Just updated my droid razr maxx HD to jelly bean!
I hate you.

__________________
the DOG, the MAN, the GOD
the dmg is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #503
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!
 
TheAQU4M4N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,780
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Got the iPhone 5 at AT&T this Friday, does anyone what types of warranties they provide for phones? Is it monthly or a yearly type of thing?

__________________
"Destiny is like a riptide. You never know it's pulling you until its too late."
TheAQU4M4N is online now  
Old 12-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #504
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien
 
the dmg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Returning some video tapes...
Posts: 4,885
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAQU4M4N View Post
Got the iPhone 5 at AT&T this Friday, does anyone what types of warranties they provide for phones? Is it monthly or a yearly type of thing?
I believe Apple themselves have a one year and two year warranty extension, but, to my knowledge, you have to go to the Apple Store and do that. I'm not sure if you had to have purchased at the store.

I don't know how it works with iPhones, but I don't think you can get standard insurance with them, which would be extremely stupid, IMO.

__________________
the DOG, the MAN, the GOD
the dmg is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #505
Motown Marvel
Crimson and Clover
 
Motown Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Detroit Rock City
Posts: 20,712
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dmg View Post
I hate you.
I really love this phone. Best I've ever owned.

__________________
Dear Prudence, won't you come out and play?
Motown Marvel is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #506
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,983
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

How long does your Razr Maxx HD's battery last?

__________________
BRYAN SINGER | ZACK SNYDER | JOSS WHEDON
APOCALYPSE | DAWN OF JUSTICE | AGE OF ULTRON
*\S/T*
LibidoLoca is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 01:34 AM   #507
ComicChick
Carpe DIEM r.i.p.
SHH! Global Moderator
 
ComicChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Kitchen, Yall
Posts: 53,228
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

really like this phone way more than i thought i would and the battery life is phenomenal compared to my last 2 phones

BUT

got my phone bill and they charged me 4x the amount i was supposed to be charged for it. dreading the call but will call them tomorrow

ComicChick is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 09:10 AM   #508
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick
 
Trainwreck2100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,335
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Apple gave in and released google maps in their ap store

Trainwreck2100 is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #509
Motown Marvel
Crimson and Clover
 
Motown Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Detroit Rock City
Posts: 20,712
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
How long does your Razr Maxx HD's battery last?
I've always been in the habit of charging my phone every night when I go to bed. But with regular use, I could probably go 3 days without charging it.

__________________
Dear Prudence, won't you come out and play?
Motown Marvel is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #510
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.
 
CConn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Peter North's Southern Headquarters
Posts: 57,587
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

I forgot to charge my Note 2's battery last night, and I've been using it all morning today. My battery percentage? 50%.

CConn is offline  
Old 12-14-2012, 10:34 AM   #511
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien
 
the dmg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Returning some video tapes...
Posts: 4,885
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown Marvel View Post
I really love this phone. Best I've ever owned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicChick View Post
really like this phone way more than i thought i would and the battery life is phenomenal compared to my last 2 phones

BUT

got my phone bill and they charged me 4x the amount i was supposed to be charged for it. dreading the call but will call them tomorrow
Umm...how is that possible?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck2100 View Post
Apple gave in and released google maps in their ap store


Wow...that's surprising, considering it means they're admitting the map app they have isn't up to par.

I usually charge my Bionic (extended battery) every other day with normal use.

__________________
the DOG, the MAN, the GOD
the dmg is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 01:06 AM   #512
Motown Marvel
Crimson and Clover
 
Motown Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Detroit Rock City
Posts: 20,712
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

allow me to revise what i said last: havent charged my droid razr maxxHD in three days, been using it regularly, and i'm currently at 38% battery. i could probably get into a fifth day before its drained.

__________________
Dear Prudence, won't you come out and play?
Motown Marvel is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 01:47 AM   #513
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,983
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

I'm so jealous.

__________________
BRYAN SINGER | ZACK SNYDER | JOSS WHEDON
APOCALYPSE | DAWN OF JUSTICE | AGE OF ULTRON
*\S/T*
LibidoLoca is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #514
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien
 
the dmg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Returning some video tapes...
Posts: 4,885
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown Marvel View Post
allow me to revise what i said last: havent charged my droid razr maxxHD in three days, been using it regularly, and i'm currently at 38% battery. i could probably get into a fifth day before its drained.
Nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
I'm so jealous.
How's the battery on the Lumia?

__________________
the DOG, the MAN, the GOD
the dmg is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #515
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,983
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dmg View Post
Nice.

How's the battery on the Lumia?
I've been getting about over a day with moderate (browsing, phone calls, texting) usage. Although, I fear I may get the dreaded battery bug plaguing WP8 devices, some are reporting 4 hour battery life. Hopefully, the "Portico" update fixes it so I won't have to worry.

__________________
BRYAN SINGER | ZACK SNYDER | JOSS WHEDON
APOCALYPSE | DAWN OF JUSTICE | AGE OF ULTRON
*\S/T*
LibidoLoca is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #516
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien
 
the dmg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Returning some video tapes...
Posts: 4,885
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
I've been getting about over a day with moderate (browsing, phone calls, texting) usage. Although, I fear I may get the dreaded battery bug plaguing WP8 devices, some are reporting 4 hour battery life. Hopefully, the "Portico" update fixes it so I won't have to worry.
Not bad battery life.

I've read that the update will further improve battery life, along with other performance and stability issues. It doesn't say anything about the bug.

__________________
the DOG, the MAN, the GOD
the dmg is offline  
Old 12-23-2012, 04:26 AM   #517
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,983
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

I've heard it rids the bug as well. In fact, some are reporting around 20 hours with very heavy usage. So I think I'm good with it. Although, I've heard some reporting that the Lumia's are having problems with the light sensor after the update. WPC (Windows Phone Central) believes it may have been caused by a different update, though. I haven't updated, yet, but plan to later on.

I'm now a little disconcerted about the seemingly mass exodus of developers from WP8. Intuit and small developers have been pulling their apps from the Windows Store and some report they are completely abandoning the ecosystem. They recommend users to switch to iOS or Android. So I may be coming back to the green bot if it gets more severe.

It's not all doom and gloom, though. WP is gaining market share, at least.

Oh and apparently, iOS has reclaimed the US as the leading smartphone OS. Huge thanks to the iPhone 5.

__________________
BRYAN SINGER | ZACK SNYDER | JOSS WHEDON
APOCALYPSE | DAWN OF JUSTICE | AGE OF ULTRON
*\S/T*
LibidoLoca is offline  
Old 12-23-2012, 08:27 PM   #518
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol
 
Midnyte_Sun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 5,216
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Just got an Iphone 5, 32GB. This is an upgrade from my EVO Shift 4G.

Midnyte_Sun is offline  
Old 12-24-2012, 01:41 AM   #519
ComicChick
Carpe DIEM r.i.p.
SHH! Global Moderator
 
ComicChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Kitchen, Yall
Posts: 53,228
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dmg View Post


Umm...how is that possible?


apparently it was a glitch when the tech person put it in, they might've inserted something wrong. it's fixed now so yay

ComicChick is offline  
Old 12-24-2012, 11:22 AM   #520
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien
 
the dmg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Returning some video tapes...
Posts: 4,885
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
I've heard it rids the bug as well. In fact, some are reporting around 20 hours with very heavy usage. So I think I'm good with it. Although, I've heard some reporting that the Lumia's are having problems with the light sensor after the update. WPC (Windows Phone Central) believes it may have been caused by a different update, though. I haven't updated, yet, but plan to later on.
The light sensor issue sucks, but hopefully gets fixed soon.
Quote:
I'm now a little disconcerted about the seemingly mass exodus of developers from WP8. Intuit and small developers have been pulling their apps from the Windows Store and some report they are completely abandoning the ecosystem. They recommend users to switch to iOS or Android. So I may be coming back to the green bot if it gets more severe.
Really? Did they give any reason why they're moving away from WP8?
Quote:
It's not all doom and gloom, though. WP is gaining market share, at least.
But they lose support, then it's no good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicChick View Post
apparently it was a glitch when the tech person put it in, they might've inserted something wrong. it's fixed now so yay
Yeah...they probably did something wrong. It's too strange.

__________________
the DOG, the MAN, the GOD
the dmg is offline  
Old 12-24-2012, 05:11 PM   #521
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!
 
TheAQU4M4N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,780
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnyte_Sun View Post
Just got an Iphone 5, 32GB. This is an upgrade from my EVO Shift 4G.
Nice, I've had mine for abouT 2 weeks now, **** is such an upgrade from my iphone 4

__________________
"Destiny is like a riptide. You never know it's pulling you until its too late."
TheAQU4M4N is online now  
Old 12-24-2012, 10:44 PM   #522
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,983
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dmg View Post
The light sensor issue sucks, but hopefully gets fixed soon.

Really? Did they give any reason why they're moving away from WP8?
Here's the article: http://www.wpcentral.com/gopayment-a...asks-to-switch

It sounds like it could be a financial problem where they didn't have enough money to develop apps to support more than two platforms (iOS, Android) and decided to cut the fat. (WP) Or they just don't see Windows Phone as a priority just yet.

Sad since GoPayment is a very nice app for small businesses, and since it was the only one of its kind for WP, I can see some of those businesses not moving to the platform. What also hurts is that Intuit develops many apps that would be beneficial for such a group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dmg View Post
But they lose support, then it's no good.
True that gaining market share doesn't matter when there's no support behind it. The whole thing is quite a paradox. Google even confirmed they wouldn't develop apps for WP, because they believe there isn't a big enough user base to justify it. Which is where the paradox comes in, developers want a bigger user base to develop apps for, but the user base will only grow if the developers develop the apps.

__________________
BRYAN SINGER | ZACK SNYDER | JOSS WHEDON
APOCALYPSE | DAWN OF JUSTICE | AGE OF ULTRON
*\S/T*
LibidoLoca is offline  
Old 12-26-2012, 07:24 PM   #523
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol
 
Midnyte_Sun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 5,216
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAQU4M4N View Post
Nice, I've had mine for abouT 2 weeks now, **** is such an upgrade from my iphone 4
Any app recommendations? I just got mine today and I'm planning to activate it.

Midnyte_Sun is offline  
Old 12-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #524
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien
 
the dmg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Returning some video tapes...
Posts: 4,885
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Here's the article: http://www.wpcentral.com/gopayment-a...asks-to-switch

It sounds like it could be a financial problem where they didn't have enough money to develop apps to support more than two platforms (iOS, Android) and decided to cut the fat. (WP) Or they just don't see Windows Phone as a priority just yet.
WP also isn't a viable choice yet, so they probably see no point. It reminds me of when Android first came to the market, there were a lot of iOS developers that stayed away from the platform.

Quote:
True that gaining market share doesn't matter when there's no support behind it. The whole thing is quite a paradox. Google even confirmed they wouldn't develop apps for WP, because they believe there isn't a big enough user base to justify it. Which is where the paradox comes in, developers want a bigger user base to develop apps for, but the user base will only grow if the developers develop the apps.
WP has expanded their app market pretty fast, and I know that WP users are petitioning for Google to release their apps to the platform, so maybe it's a possibility.


On another note, CES is coming soon and I can't wait to see the newest gadgets.

__________________
the DOG, the MAN, the GOD
the dmg is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #525
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,983
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

I hope the petition does something (it most likely won't). In the mean time, I've grown used to "Bing"ing for stuff, using Nokia Maps and Drive and I love MetroTube.

__________________
BRYAN SINGER | ZACK SNYDER | JOSS WHEDON
APOCALYPSE | DAWN OF JUSTICE | AGE OF ULTRON
*\S/T*
LibidoLoca is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.