The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 12:24 AM   #451
BuckyNat
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Since S.H.I.E.L.D is gonna be present,I think Clay Quartermain should appear maybe partnered up with Jimmy Woo..just my two cents

BuckyNat is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #452
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,818
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I don't see him as lead villain. I'm sure they're still using him as Lead Hench, while the actual villain leader has yet to be revealed. Zemo, Zola, or Lukin are the most likely choices there.
They made way too big of a deal of Crossbones casting imo. If he was a minor villain, he would've been cast last minute, the way Arnim Zola is.

I think it's possible they're going the Whiplash route with Crossbones. Taking a minor henchman character and sprucing him up a bit.

KangConquers is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #453
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer
 
Quasimod0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 9,009
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Is Stan still playing Bucky?

Quasimod0 is online now  
Old 12-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #454
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction
 
Gamma Goliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,180
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

As far as we know.

__________________
"It's the possibility of a dream coming true that makes life interesting."
Gamma Goliath is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 10:11 PM   #455
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,324
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Yes, he is. It was announced a couple of days after the title.

BullMcGiveny is offline  
Old 12-10-2012, 01:07 AM   #456
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
Yes, he is. It was announced a couple of days after the title.

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #457
Chewy
REDACTED
 
Chewy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,016
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

I imagine we'll hear some casting for this next week, once all the "trailers attached to Hobbit" mania blows over

Chewy is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #458
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,753
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

I currently place my money on Zemo as the real big bad. Bucky, because of his unusual status, is most likely neither the Big Bad *nor* the Dragon. Rather, Zemo is the Big Bad, Crossbones is his Dragon, and Winter Soldier is his secret weapon. Bucky isn't treated likely an ally, or even a minion, but a living tool, deployed when needed then put back away in a frozen coffin.

metaphysician is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #459
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick
 
Son of Coul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,519
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. I could even see Crossbones going to "retrieve" Bucky if he's turned back early enough. Or maybe Bucky could go all Darth Vader on him/Zemo toward the end too. Ah dunno, maybe not the best ideas, just the first that come to mind.

Son of Coul is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #460
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,051
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

I would like to ponint out I had a dream I saw this movie last night. Zemo was the villain. However, the last 3rd of the movie, Ultron became the villain. :P

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 12:43 AM   #461
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

I think your dream was a bit too ambitious

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 03:03 AM   #462
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,324
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

So we can be fairly certain Roger Wardell is full of crap?

BullMcGiveny is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #463
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick
 
Joeyjojo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,668
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

So do you guys think they're gonna conceal Winter Soldier's true identity til the end? If so, it kind of sucks that the cb fans are all gonna be spoiled before the movie even starts. Unavoidable i guess.

Joeyjojo72 is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 09:05 PM   #464
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,051
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
I think your dream was a bit too ambitious
it was an odd dream, I was watching the movie from inside it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
So we can be fairly certain Roger Wardell is full of crap?
Not yet. Not yet. In fact, if Zemo DOES get casted, it only makes roger look better lol.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 10:25 PM   #465
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,747
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
So do you guys think they're gonna conceal Winter Soldier's true identity til the end? If so, it kind of sucks that the cb fans are all gonna be spoiled before the movie even starts. Unavoidable i guess.
With it saying "Winter Soldier" right there in the title, I'm sure they're not going to try to go all M. Night Shamalamadingdong and try to save his identity for a "SHOCKING PLOT TWIST!!!" I figure they'll introduce WS first as the hit-man on ice, then have Cap start investigating him early in the movie, and probably discover that it's really Bucky by the end of Act I, say 20-30 minutes in. The middle of the movie will likely deal with Cap trying to break through to Bucky and reprogram him, just in time for them to team up against Zemo (or whoever) in the third reel.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 11:29 PM   #466
M-2
Ultimate BAMF
 
M-2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 671
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
With it saying "Winter Soldier" right there in the title, I'm sure they're not going to try to go all M. Night Shamalamadingdong and try to save his identity for a "SHOCKING PLOT TWIST!!!" I figure they'll introduce WS first as the hit-man on ice, then have Cap start investigating him early in the movie, and probably discover that it's really Bucky by the end of Act I, say 20-30 minutes in. The middle of the movie will likely deal with Cap trying to break through to Bucky and reprogram him, just in time for them to team up against Zemo (or whoever) in the third reel.
Lol yeah I don't think Winter Soldiers identity will be hidden. I'd say the movie might even open with a awesome assassination carried out by a masked Winter Soldier whereby at the conclusion of the scene he reveals his identity to audience, enter title sequence.

Due to the complexity of the situation SHIELD is called in, with Cap being Cap, he just wants to get on the next mission, so Nick puts him on this, along with Sam Wilson and Sharon Carter.

Act 1 - trying to figure out what's going on, end of the act, first confrontation with Winter Soldier and Cap realizing its Bucky.

Enter Act 2 - Natasha is brought in, she offers up the necessary info on Winter Soldier's past, and just how deadly he is. However according to her intel, at the end of the Cold War, the soviets scrapped such Programs. WS was never again seen until now. Cap and Co then figure out what will WS next move might be, but then Crossbones intervenes, he just makes a mess of things!

Act 3 - Cap finds WS tries to get through to him, but this just puts WS into a world of confusion. leading to a Cap vs WS vs Crossbones! The fight gets interrupted by Zemo. Zemo realizes that WS is no longer of use to him, so he orders his men to freeze him once again. Throughout the film, SHIELD figure out that there was another party involved and the head of this group was led by Phoenix, but Zemo reveals his identity to Cap along with his personally vendetta to kill him. Falcon, Sharon and BW interrupt this, with Falcon taking on Crossbones. WS takes out the guards and frees himself. BW comes face to face with him, and the two face off. Cap goes after Zemo and they have little fight but His smart enough to know his beat, he detonates a bomb In there hideout and escapes with the promise to kill Cap. Cap finds the others and they all escape.

WS enters SHIELD custody, as Bucky still isn't all there.

Or something like that!

M-2 is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 11:41 PM   #467
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,324
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Not yet. Not yet. In fact, if Zemo DOES get casted, it only makes roger look better lol.
Well, he did say the villain was cast over two weeks ago, with no other news to the like coming out. So its sort of past the point of credible news.

If if Zemo is cast eventually, it looks more like a guess to me. As does a lot of the stuff he "leaks". Stuff that can't be corroborated for some time.

BullMcGiveny is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 11:43 PM   #468
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,324
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
With it saying "Winter Soldier" right there in the title, I'm sure they're not going to try to go all M. Night Shamalamadingdong and try to save his identity for a "SHOCKING PLOT TWIST!!!" I figure they'll introduce WS first as the hit-man on ice, then have Cap start investigating him early in the movie, and probably discover that it's really Bucky by the end of Act I, say 20-30 minutes in. The middle of the movie will likely deal with Cap trying to break through to Bucky and reprogram him, just in time for them to team up against Zemo (or whoever) in the third reel.
Agreed. I think the suspense will come more from expectation of what'll happen when Steve finds out, rather than a driving question being 'Who is the Winter Soldier?'

I don't expect Bucky to be deprogrammed until the last 20 minutes.

BullMcGiveny is offline  
Old 12-14-2012, 12:24 AM   #469
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Yes, that would be a bummer.

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline  
Old 12-14-2012, 07:18 AM   #470
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,747
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
Lol yeah I don't think Winter Soldiers identity will be hidden. I'd say the movie might even open with a awesome assassination carried out by a masked Winter Soldier whereby at the conclusion of the scene he reveals his identity to audience, enter title sequence.

Due to the complexity of the situation SHIELD is called in, with Cap being Cap, he just wants to get on the next mission, so Nick puts him on this, along with Sam Wilson and Sharon Carter.

Act 1 - trying to figure out what's going on, end of the act, first confrontation with Winter Soldier and Cap realizing its Bucky.

Enter Act 2 - Natasha is brought in, she offers up the necessary info on Winter Soldier's past, and just how deadly he is. However according to her intel, at the end of the Cold War, the soviets scrapped such Programs. WS was never again seen until now. Cap and Co then figure out what will WS next move might be, but then Crossbones intervenes, he just makes a mess of things!

Act 3 - Cap finds WS tries to get through to him, but this just puts WS into a world of confusion. leading to a Cap vs WS vs Crossbones! The fight gets interrupted by Zemo. Zemo realizes that WS is no longer of use to him, so he orders his men to freeze him once again. Throughout the film, SHIELD figure out that there was another party involved and the head of this group was led by Phoenix, but Zemo reveals his identity to Cap along with his personally vendetta to kill him. Falcon, Sharon and BW interrupt this, with Falcon taking on Crossbones. WS takes out the guards and frees himself. BW comes face to face with him, and the two face off. Cap goes after Zemo and they have little fight but His smart enough to know his beat, he detonates a bomb In there hideout and escapes with the promise to kill Cap. Cap finds the others and they all escape.

WS enters SHIELD custody, as Bucky still isn't all there.

Or something like that!
I'm with ya on everything here, except: who is "Phoenix....?"

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 12-14-2012, 08:28 AM   #471
Hypestyle
Side-Kick
 
Hypestyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 5,825
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

is this filming yet or when does it start?

Hypestyle is offline  
Old 12-14-2012, 08:49 AM   #472
ctsketch
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,810
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

not filming till next year

ctsketch is online now  
Old 12-14-2012, 09:24 AM   #473
Carlo Comicus
Side-Kick
 
Carlo Comicus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bologna (Italy)
Posts: 1,801
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Too much silence about the casting...

__________________
"Frank Carter", my adventure comic strip, in english version:

http://www.shockdom.com/webcomics/frankcarter/
Carlo Comicus is offline  
Old 12-14-2012, 11:35 PM   #474
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick
 
Joeyjojo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,668
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

well you answered my question. thats my guess as well.

I think they need to revamp the Falcon to make him believable within the MCU. A mechanical harness aint gonna cut it.

Plus they need to explain why flappable wings are better than, say, a supersonic battle suit (Stark isnt the only game in town btw). Furthermore, wouldnt a regular guy with huge wings be a sitting duck for rockets, lasers, gunfire, aircraft,etc.? Im extremely curious to find out how they're gonna make it work.

And no, "light wings" would actually be much much worse.

I'm not a troll btw. I like Sam Wilson as a character, and i think his skill set is a good complement to Cap as well the Avengers and SHIELD. But I dont think the character works "as is" in the MCU.

I expect some major changes to his "powers" and equipment when we see him in Cap 2.

Joeyjojo72 is offline  
Old 12-14-2012, 11:44 PM   #475
M-2
Ultimate BAMF
 
M-2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 671
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I'm with ya on everything here, except: who is "Phoenix....?"
Lol was reading up on Zemo a while back, I do a weekly radio show , the guy that I do the show with said Zemo used Phoenix as an alias in his first appearance in the comics, when I checked on Wikipedia there it was! On good ole' unreliable! But it's also mentioned in the Marvel wiki.

I just added that in since we know how Marvel love to use certain references from the past.

Lol but I get where the confusion came in, I think of should mentioned that Cap would figure out that someone is controlling Bucky, and that it isn't Crossbones, that there is a higher up, and maybe they give this mysterious figurehead the name Phoenix. At first there investigation into the matter could lead them to Zemo Industries, With Helmut being an extremely successful business man and engineer, a charming guy, that gets along with Cap. For whatever reason, SHIELD decides that Zemo Industries will not lead to anything significant. That they just pawns in this scheme, so they turn there attention to something else.

I kinda like this idea of Zemo, being this wealthy aristocrat, that has built up this business from the ground up, that has projects running that's actually doing some good in the world. But one day he switches the TV on and there is that Bastard murderer Captain America prancing around playing hero. It's just that snap, the idea of this man that has it all, that's doing good, but when something from his past comes back to haunt him, all he can do his recede into this very dark place that he has suppressed. Caps resurgence has Zemo treed, as he needs to restore the family's honor and the only way to do this is to kill Captain America.


Last edited by M-2; 12-15-2012 at 01:50 AM.
M-2 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.