The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Old 12-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #226
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: Changing the roster for Avengers 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
I've never cared for Black Panther and can't really see the point of the character being in an Avengers film, as I can't think of any story he could be a part of that I'd care to see. I just don't feel he'd work alongside the others on the big screen without having to take Captain America out of the story. Why would you need Captain America on your team when you have someone who's more athletic, but also comes with genius?
I understand you don't like the character and you feel a certain way, and can't think of any way that any black characters can be awesome, but the reality is that Cap's abilities are equally redundant with BW and Hawkeye, and BP is no closer to replacing him than they are.

You don't care for black characters. That's how you feel, okay. Trying to justify it with remarkably uninformed and somewhat silly objections serves no purpose.

Last edited by DrCosmic; 12-13-2012 at 01:39 PM.
DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #227
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic
I understand you don't like the character and you feel a certain way, and can't think of any way that any black characters can be awesome, but the reality is that Cap's abilities are equally redundant with BW and Hawkeye, and BP is no closer to replacing him than they are.

You don't care for black characters. That's how you feel, okay. Trying to justify it with remarkably uninformed and somewhat silly objections serves no purpose.
Nothing about what Black Panther does is particularly visually interesting. To me, a power is more exciting than Batman on speed. T'Challa has two things: brains and hand to hand. Neither of which are lacking in the cast, he can't do anything that anyone else on the team couldn't do as well but speed up. Once characters get replaced, sure, bring him in for all I care (a brilliant candidate for a replacement for Black Widow), but a guy whose powers are moving fast and running up walls doesn't quite bring that factor that audiences will expect from a sequel.

I'm Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #228
Chewy
REDACTED

I think we can all agree that D-Man would be the best addition to the Avengers 2 roster

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #229
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Nothing about what Black Panther does is particularly visually interesting. To me, a power is more exciting than Batman on speed. T'Challa has two things: brains and hand to hand. Neither of which are lacking in the cast, he can't do anything that anyone else on the team couldn't do as well but speed up. Once characters get replaced, sure, bring him in for all I care (a brilliant candidate for a replacement for Black Widow), but a guy whose powers are moving fast and running up walls doesn't quite bring that factor that audiences will expect from a sequel.
It doesn't sound like you actually know what BP does. That's understandable, I'm not familiar with characters I don't care for either. Regardless, none of the Avengers do anything someone else on the team can't do as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I think we can all agree that D-Man would be the best addition to the Avengers 2 roster
As long as Sentry's in there, they can add whoever else they like.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:15 PM   #230
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
....do you actually read comic books, sir?

Or at least take a quick glance through Wikipedia or something. Your lack of knowledge of the Avengers is becoming increasingly astounding.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:03 PM   #231
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post

Or at least take a quick glance through Wikipedia or something. Your lack of knowledge of the Avengers is becoming increasingly astounding.
lol this guy.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #232
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Yeah just wow to that post.

Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:05 PM   #233
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam

No offense, but I think you're daft. Did you go to school at all? I seriously doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic
It doesn't sound like you actually know what BP does. That's understandable, I'm not familiar with characters I don't care for either. Regardless, none of the Avengers do anything someone else on the team can't do as well.
Bottom line is Black Panther would do nothing to help the team, but whatever.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:17 PM   #234
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
No offense, but I think you're daft. Did you go to school at all? I seriously doubt it.
Graduated magna from USC in '87 with degrees in English Lit and European History, thanks for asking.

Quote:
Bottom line is Black Panther would do nothing to help the team, but whatever.
Hey, look what Wiki can teach you about Black Panther!

Quote:
The title "Black Panther" is a rank of office, chieftain of the Wakandan Panther Clan. As chieftain, the Panther is entitled to eat a special heart-shaped herb which, in addition to his mystical connection with the Wakandan Panther god, grants him superhumanly acute senses and increases his strength, speed, stamina, and agility to the peak of human development. He has since lost this connection and forged a new one with another unknown Panther deity, granting him augmented physical attributes as well as a resistance to magic.His senses are so powerful that he can pick up a prey's scent and memorize tens of thousands of individual ones. Following his war with Doom, T'challa loses his enhanced abilities only to once again establish a connection with the Panther God.

As king of Wakanda, the Panther has access to a vast collection of magical artifacts, advanced Wakandan technological and military hardware, as well as the support of his nation's wide array of scientists, warriors, and mystics. The Wakandan military has been described as one of the most powerful on Earth. His attire is the sacred vibranium costume of the Wakandan Panther Cult.

He is a skilled hunter, tracker, strategist, politician, inventor, and scientist —he has a Ph.D. degree in physics from Oxford University. Considered one of the eight smartest people on the planet,he is a genius in physics and advanced technology, and is a brilliant inventor. He also has been granted the knowledge of every past Black Panther.

T'Challa is a rigorously trained gymnast and acrobat, showing mastery in various African martial arts as well as contemporary ones and fighting styles that belong to no known disciplines.
In Volume 3, writer Christopher Priest expanded the Panther's day-to-day arsenal to include equipment such as an "energy dagger", a vibranium-weave suit, and a portable supercomputer, the "Kimoyo card." In Volume 4, writer Reginald Hudlin introduced such specialized equipment as "thrice-blessed armor" and "light armor" for specific tasks, and for a short while outfitted him with the Ebony Blade of the Black Knight.
Now, don't you feel better learning that Black Panther's powers aren't "moving fast and running up walls?"

Old 12-13-2012, 11:33 PM   #235
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Has anyone ever been voted out of a thread here for lack of knowledge of the subject matter? Because if not we have our first candidate.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:45 PM   #236
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Graduated magna from USC in '87 with degrees in English Lit and European History, thanks for asking.

Hey, look what Wiki can teach you about Black Panther!

Now, don't you feel better learning that Black Panther's powers aren't "moving fast and running up walls?"
I don't understand the point of this post.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:50 PM   #237
CoolCadaver49
Not a Hero...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
1. Black Widow is amazing. "Female presence" my butt. She was the one that ultimately defeated Loki.
Why are those two things mutually exclusive to you? Black Widow was 7 kinds of awesome in The Avengers. Maybe even my favorite. She also added a female presence to the team. Don't see how you can say that she was the one to ultimately defeat Loki though. It seems like everyone on the team had a hand in that.

Quote:
2.Hawkeye shot the arrow to defeat him. And he is amazing. Because he is Hawkeye.
Boo. Hawkeye sux...

Seriously, there was no room to give him anything in The Avengers. So I'm kinda worried if they add new members for Avengers 2. Will Hawkeye get the short straw again in favor of the new hero(es)? Will they cut him from the team completely? The only reason that even remotely care if they mishandle Hawkeye is because Jeremy Renner is playing him.

Ah, well. As long as Scarlett stays on as Black Widow, I'm all set.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:05 AM   #238
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
I don't understand the point of this post.
You clearly don't understand a lot of things about this thread.

Anyhow........
so yeah: is the train back on track yet?

Old 12-14-2012, 12:08 AM   #239
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Has anyone ever been voted out of a thread here for lack of knowledge of the subject matter? Because if not we have our first candidate.
A certain poster was voted out of the Avengers News thread a few times but he kept coming back

Old 12-14-2012, 12:38 AM   #240
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
A certain poster was voted out of the Avengers News thread a few times but he kept coming back

Yeah, I kinda remember that guy. Unfortunately, I think we've found his successor.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:22 AM   #241
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I think if Black Panther were there in the first one, it would have been a much shorter film he would have quietly sussed and bested Loki.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:25 AM   #242
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
You clearly don't understand a lot of things about this thread.

Anyhow........
so yeah: is the train back on track yet?
So, what part of my post indicated that I don't understand a lot of things? My point was more about you not having any idea what you're talking about.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:55 AM   #243
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Let's keep the peace here people, Venom is entitled to his opinion. It's an opinion, there's no right or wrong

Old 12-14-2012, 04:57 AM   #244
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Let's keep the peace here people, Venom is entitled to his opinion. It's an opinion, there's no right or wrong

Except Venom claimed that the Black Panther's powers are "moving fast and running up walls," which everyone but him knows is wrong. Then when cherokeesam kindly tried to enlighten him he responded with nonsensical insults.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #245
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
I think if Black Panther were there in the first one, it would have been a much shorter film he would have quietly sussed and bested Loki.
Man I love that guy. That's kinda how they did him on EMH. I'd love to see tons of him, but he kinda only needs twelve minutes of screen time to shine.

"Alright, that's done, so how do we find Lok-"
"I found him seven minutes ago. I did not want to interrupt your... bonding."

I'm Venom, for all his shenanigans, does bring up a good point, time does need to be taken to give Black Panther something to do. Most notably, I think his sensory abilities are far beyond what anyone else is working with, compounded with the spiritual aspect, he really is the ideal guy to find the problem, and indeed, that's how they used him in AvX in the comics... it turned out the problem was Tony.

I also think that a three way science conversation could be really interesting, especially if there's a lot of disagreement involved. It'd make all three look incredibly intelligent if they were winning each other to each other's side back and forth, developing a brilliant idea in the course of 45 seconds.

Also, he's *the* stealth character. Widow can be stealthy in comics, but in the movies she's a disguise character. BP would basically come off like he has a shadow teleport. Could be awesome.

But alas, not in Avengers 2. It looks like we'll have Falcon and some female heroine.

Can anyone give me any reason Falcon is awesome?

Old 12-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #246
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Can anyone give me any reason Falcon is awesome?
He's being played by Anthony Mackie

Old 12-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #247
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Argh! See... that. They're going to make him badarse, he'll be flying and zipping around, spinning, cutting up people with razor sharp wings and all this stuff and he'll land and pose and stuff'll be all mangled behind him as he looks over his shoulder like "And what?"

And I'll be like "... yeah... but he's still The Falcon though." :/

Old 12-14-2012, 04:40 PM   #248
Chewy
REDACTED

Every character starts somewhere. If it takes Anthony Mackie to finally make Falcon cool, so be it

Old 12-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #249
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Argh! See... that. They're going to make him badarse, he'll be flying and zipping around, spinning, cutting up people with razor sharp wings and all this stuff and he'll land and pose and stuff'll be all mangled behind him as he looks over his shoulder like "And what?"

I love Falcon, always thought he was underated. Meaning I was a very happy person when I heard he's going to be in CA2.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #250
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:

Bet you'd think Falcon is a badass if he ordered every bird within 20 miles to crap on your car. Can any other Avenger do that? No, they can't.