Magneto & Prof x - FC & OT 6 13.04%
No Real Lead (similar to Avengers) 9 19.57%
Wolverine 1 2.17%
Other Character (Name Below) 1 2.17%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #126
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Default Re: Who should the focus be on in DOFP??

I would like for the main story to stay focused on the First Class cast members with intercuts to the struggles that the future, original trilogy characters are facing in the future.

That way, you still get to let the First Class characters establish themselves and shine while still pleasing fans with the characters from the original series.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #127
Angamb
Banned User

exactly.

it will be a really exciting sequel, guys, dont worry about the original actors getting a small portion of the movie, they will shine the same as the FC cast.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:44 PM   #128
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
This is Days of Future Past, not the would be X-Men 4 Halle Berry asked fans to demand 6 years ago. If Bryan Singer, the writers, etc. pick up a comic book and look at Storm's portrayal, particularly her portrayal in Days of Future Past, Storm is not going to be a fashionable goddess, wandering around a dystopian future with her 1990s lightning bolt earings intact. A stronger character? Hopefully. But I think some of these suggestions are a bit unrealistic.
I'm not asking for her to be sauntering around the streets in designer gear. But her whole look needs upgrading to something more comic-accurate and something more sexy. Scarlet Johansson's Black Widow and Anne Hathaway's Catwoman never looked stupid in skintight outfits - Catwoman even managed to run, fight and ride a motorcycle in spike-heeled thigh-high boots, so it can be done.

It would be silly to bring back these iconic actors and characters and then dress them all in scruffy street clothing, like Storm's green boilersuit and Ugg boots from the DoFP comic. Please God, no.

Again, let's look at the Avengers. I imagine everyone could do with a suit of Iron Man armour for that battle against the Chitauri, but they each wore the costumes they are supposed to wear - and no one complained about it. Cap still had his helmet and shield, Hawkeye his tunic and quiver. Not perfect by any means (especially for Black Widow to be shown cocking two handguns against the alien laser weapons, and her hairstyle wasn't as good as it was in IM2), but they were the characters they were portraying without too many modifications and practical considerations. Same with Catwoman - that outfit was hardly practical, yet she pulled it all off and Nolan even found a rationale for the pointy ears.

I am not bothered about seeing Storm in lightning-design earrings, but there are things that can be done to make the costuming look a) better b) more like the comics.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #129
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
It is unbelievable when you think about it just how much Halle Berry and therefore Storm have been maltreated. She has been the victim of bad writing, directing, costuming, make-up, voice coach (that's if Halle even got one, I hear people saying that she never got one for the first film.) And poor halle has to take the blame because she was the face thatwas attached to the terrible portrayal of such an iconic comic book character.

If storm is included I hope Bryan, the writers (Kinberg), costume designers, make-up department etc all pick up a comic book and actually have a lok at how the character is portrayed and then work with Halle to finally do the character justice. It's obvious Berry wants to come back to the character and do her right. Bryan and the powers that be need to give her the chance instead of making her the silent, opinionless, boring, weak black girl in a white wig that we got instead of Storm. Woman is called a Goddess for a reason it's high time they showed it.
People's bad feelings about Halle stem from Halle herself. When she was cast as Storm, she complained on a talk show on TV that she was "reduced' to playing a comic book character. Add to that her hit and run accident to which she said she left the scene of the crime because she had amnesia. And of course her baby-daddy issues are showing what a truly terrible and vindictive person she is.

I'm all for separating someone's body of work from her private life but there comes a time when not so good people should not be rewarded with praise and afforded excuses.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #130
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
exactly.

it will be a really exciting sequel, guys, dont worry about the original actors getting a small portion of the movie, they will shine the same as the FC cast.
LOL there's nothing to worry about. Most people consider this movie as sequel to First Class. So I'm not expecting the actors from the original trilogy to get more screentime/focus.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #131
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

I think of it as an event film, similar to Avengers, which was not really a sequel to Iron Man 2, instead it was like a awesome interlude, to Iron Man 3. I think DOFP will be more a less be used similar in terms of the X-Men universe but essentially it would be more of a prelude to a new X-Men universe.

M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #132
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

cyclops/cable
cable is the time traveler, cyclops leader of the x-men

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #133
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
People's bad feelings about Halle stem from Halle herself. When she was cast as Storm, she complained on a talk show on TV that she was "reduced' to playing a comic book character. Add to that her hit and run accident to which she said she left the scene of the crime because she had amnesia. And of course her baby-daddy issues are showing what a truly terrible and vindictive person she is.

I'm all for separating someone's body of work from her private life but there comes a time when not so good people should not be rewarded with praise and afforded excuses.
I can't argue the hit and run and the baby daddy issues. I just believe in separating a person's professional career from their private life. I mean we don't go to theatres to see Halle we go to see the character she is playing.

As for the interview you mentioned you can't really blame her. This was before comic book movies became as big as they are now, I mean I believe the last comic book movie before X-Men were the shumacker Batman films so at the time comic book movies were viweed as the lowest of the low. As a woman of colour in that time and having to appear in a movie with a stigma like that I understand her voicing her unhappiness in being given a role like that. And besides she has said countless times that she was happy being given the opportunity to play Storm and to appear in the X-Men films. I mean back in 2006 she was practically begging audiences to write to Fox for an X4.

NanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:39 PM   #134
Visualiza
What is a yout?

I like the tone that they set with the first one; McAvoy and Fassbender are both strong leads and really carried that film. I'd like to see them continue along those lines.

Visualiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:44 PM   #135
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Public want to see on screen the original stars. They are the most loved not only by general public but also new young fans from First class movie.if you focus on the first class actors will be a big disappointment film and will lower revenue.

Alison Blaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #136
Angamb
Banned User

many fans LOVED First Class much more than original trilogy

so not everyone is as interested in the original cast.

of course many viewers will get interested in this big event movie, but lets not say everyone preffer the original cast, because every person has one different opinion.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #137
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Don't speak for everyone.Many still call X2 best of series and no matter how you slice It first Class was still lowest grossing of series worldwide and Domesticly(Yes If you just counted overseas box office First Class was better)

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:43 PM   #138
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Yeah I think when it comes to which X-men film is the best, a lot fans are split between FC and X2.

I don't think having the film focused on FC cast would harm the film. FC cast is the future, while the OT cast will inject some nostalgia into the film, if they used appropriately and have less screentime, I think it would still satisfy fans.

If the film started with Magneto saving Charles taking him to the X-Men's hideout. Having the two talk about the old times and what not, basically an emotional charged scene, where they go through the mistakes that they made. All of a sudden the sentinels arrive. Magneto uses everything he has to protect the X-Men.

Basically a scene like this, that would lead to his death.

I'd say that would be more then satisfying, even if he only gets like 20min of screentime.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:02 AM   #139
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Don't speak for everyone.Many still call X2 best of series and no matter how you slice It first Class was still lowest grossing of series worldwide and Domesticly(Yes If you just counted overseas box office First Class was better)
Yes!

Just because XFC is your favorite X-Men movie, it doesn't mean its everybody favorite too. I talked to a lot of casual viewers, they thought the movie was good but they seriously didn't like the characters they selected. The original cast is more appealing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
I don't think having the film focused on FC cast would harm the film. FC cast is the future, while the OT cast will inject some nostalgia into the film, if they used appropriately and have less screentime, I think it would still satisfy fans.
I don't see why FC cast is the future, while their time is set on the past.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 12-14-2012, 12:42 AM   #140
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Going back to your old cast after you've brought in the new faces is also, in a way, "living in the past".

Perhaps it would have been more profitable for Fox to have made X4 instead of FC, but any franchise needs to refresh itself at some point and inject some new blood into it, rather than keep on relying on the same old same old. So clearly there were other considerations when making that movie than just profit.

And no, the future films might not stay with the FC cast for long, but I just don't see the return to the old cast at all.

Last edited by Mrs Vimes; 12-14-2012 at 12:47 AM.
Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:34 AM   #141
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
Going back to your old cast after you've brought in the new faces is also, in a way, "living in the past".
XOW was set after First Class and if he appeared in X4, he would only been 10 to 15 years older.

And going back to the original cast is not "living in the past" simply because their timeline is set in the present not in the 60s.

Original trilogy = present timeline
First Class = past timeline

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 12-14-2012, 03:21 AM   #142
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

I was not talking in terms of a timeline. More in a creative sense, in that going back to the old cast would be like reheating the past glories, rather than trying to keep things new and fresh which is something every franchise needs.

Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:34 AM   #143
Angamb
Banned User

he didnt get the point, or didnt want to get it. not sure

getting backs some actors from original trilogy is a smart marketing move, none will deny that. And at the same time it will bring a sense of nostalgia too.

What Fox will do next, only time will tell.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #144
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
I was not talking in terms of a timeline. More in a creative sense, in that going back to the old cast would be like reheating the past glories, rather than trying to keep things new and fresh which is something every franchise needs.
Well I was referring to the timeline and when I said "living in the past" I literally meant living in the past few decades. And if you want "creative sense", maybe its a good idea to ditch the director right now. Bryan Singer is part of the X-Men's past glories thats why they brought him again because his 1st two X-Men films were successful (critically and commercially) and now they are bringing the some of the actors from the original X-Men because FOX knows that would attract more viewers. And they still could keep things new and fresh even if they bring back the original cast for X-Men 4, thats why I suggested that they should introduce a new supervillain and the new X-Men members.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 02-05-2013, 06:27 AM   #145
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Is it me, or does it feel like this film might just be predominately focused on the alternate future?? Up till now, casting news has predominately been focused on the Original Cast, with only Fassbender, McAvoy, Lawerence and Hoult confirmed for FC...

FILMRAPS.BLOGSPOT.COM
Old 02-05-2013, 01:13 PM   #146
Marv
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
Is it me, or does it feel like this film might just be predominately focused on the alternate future?? Up till now, casting news has predominately been focused on the Original Cast, with only Fassbender, McAvoy, Lawerence and Hoult confirmed for FC...
The majority of the film takes place in '73. This film is a sequel to First Class that features the original cast in supporting roles.

McAvoy, Fassbender, Lawrence & who Singer decides will be the mutant sent back are the leads.

Marv is offline   Reply With Quote