The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 12-12-2012, 07:24 AM   #126
GoblinWhirlwind
Calibrations

Default Re: Superman Man of Steel (2013) Alien Viral Campaign Launched!

I think the focus is gonna be completely on Superman with small Easter eggs to hint at the shared universe. Something perhaps like a background news report on a strange bat creature in Gotham.

- Garrus

deviantart: http://jbot-photography.deviantart.com/

GoblinWhirlwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #127
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Those are the kind of easter eggs I wanted to see in TDK and TDKR.

I wouldn't mind seeing a GL or something related to that universe in MOS either. However, if this movie is a standalone and doesn't lead to a JL I'm fine with that too.

However, if they did a spinoff with Cavill as Supes in a JL universe I will accept that.

JL and Warner Bros. don't need to copy the Disney/Marvel/Avengers formula by doing a bunch of standalone movies and one big ensemble later. That will take forever like 2015/2016 at the earliest.

I think they should just do a 2 or 3 part film series like Jackson's LOTR/Hobbit. That is more than enough and then standalone and tv series can follow after that.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Midnight Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #128
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

I don't understand why people don't want DC to have a shared universe with their heroes....it worked so well for Marvel. Get over it people. I don't want two people playing Batman and two people playing Superman on the big screen at the same time...it needs to have the same continuity

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #129
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

So you want to just dismiss everything that was establish with Nolan's Batman just so that he can fit within a shared movie-DC-universe? Sorry that kind of seems like a slap in the face to me to have Bale's Batman or JGL in a JL movie with Cavill.

I don't mind a JL coming after MOS in the same universe. However, I rather they just make a JL film with a new Batman that fits that could possibly have his own standalone film after a JL trilogy series and be the perfect combination of realism and fantasy as with the comics and cartoons.

Just think how much time will be between these films. There won't be 2 Bats and 2 Supes at the same time. I don't mind Superman/Cavill starting the JL shared universe, but I don't want to see that Nolan Batman suit anywhere near it honestly. Nolan's Batman was great for what it was, but doesn't belong in a shared DC universe IMO....IMO lol.

As far as GL being in a Superman universe I don't mind because they have similar aspects anyway.

Just cause Marvel had success with Avengers and all their standalone films the last 5 years doesn't mean DC has to copy things exactly.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #130
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
So you want to just dismiss everything that was establish with Nolan's Batman just so that he can fit within a shared movie-DC-universe? Sorry that kind of seems like a slap in the face to me to have Bale's Batman or JGL in a JL movie with Cavill.

I don't mind a JL coming after MOS in the same universe. However, I rather they just make a JL film with a new Batman that fits that could possibly have his own standalone film after a JL trilogy series and be the perfect combination of realism and fantasy as with the comics and cartoons.

Just think how much time will be between these films. There won't be 2 Bats and 2 Supes at the same time. I don't mind Superman/Cavill starting the JL shared universe, but I don't want to see that Nolan Batman suit anywhere near it honestly. Nolan's Batman was great for what it was, but doesn't belong in a shared DC universe IMO....IMO lol.

As far as GL being in a Superman universe I don't mind because they have similar aspects anyway.

Just cause Marvel had success with Avengers and all their standalone films the last 5 years doesn't mean DC has to copy things exactly.
Yes...I like to think of Nolan's Batman series as an alternate universe type deal. Man of Steel needs to kick off the shared universe and forget everything that happened in the Nolan Batmanverse. Do Man of Steel and then Justice League and introduce the new Batman in that film THEN spin off a new Batman series. Because frankly Bale's Batman is too stupid to be of any use to the Justice League...World's Greatest Detective my ass.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:46 AM   #131
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Nolan's Batman is too deep and fleshed out to be in a DC shared universe or a JLA.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:30 AM   #132
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

I think Superman deserves to have his string of isolated films, just like like Batman. Have the films convey what Superman is about. I don't really want a Justice League film.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

BlueLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #133
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
Yes...I like to think of Nolan's Batman series as an alternate universe type deal. Man of Steel needs to kick off the shared universe and forget everything that happened in the Nolan Batmanverse. Do Man of Steel and then Justice League and introduce the new Batman in that film THEN spin off a new Batman series. Because frankly Bale's Batman is too stupid to be of any use to the Justice League...World's Greatest Detective my ass.
That what I was saying. Your previous post implied that you wanted a shared universe with the established Batman and Supes.

I also think Supes should have at least 2 or 3 films before they do a JL movie. However, the problem with that is it takes 3 or 4 years just to roll out a sequel which is soooooo d*mn long.

I wish more people would do movies of these scales like Peter Jackson and just shoot them back-to-back.

The only character I wouldn't mind seeing coming into a Supes universe by sequel 2 or 3 depending on movie sales is GL because the whole space travel thing would make sense.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:43 AM   #134
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

I wonder if they'll continue the "alien/SETI" viral campaign, going beyond "numbers" to full on Kryptonian radio transmissions.

I really want to hear what Snyder's interpretation of the Kryptonian language sounds like, that fascinates me on a purely philological level.

Dark Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #135
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

man of steel is going to be a hybrid superhero/sci fi film. this is exactly what superman needs

LeXcalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #136
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeXcalibur View Post
man of steel is going to be a hybrid superhero/sci fi film. this is exactly what superman needs
Couldn't agree more. Making it a hybrid sci fi/superhero film opens up so many possibilities.

Once the universe gets wind of a super-powered being, that will open the doors for so many story ideas.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #137
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Nolan's Batman is too deep and fleshed out to be in a DC shared universe or a JLA.
I don't see why that would exclude him. If MoS is what it should be, then Superman will be deep and fleshed out too.

There are reasons why Nolan's Batman shouldn't be in JL, but him being too deep and fleshed out isn't one of them imo. If anything, it would contribute to why he should be in JL, since some people on here want their DC heroes fully fleshed out in solo movies before coming together in JL. I'm not one of those people, it's just something I've noticed.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:55 AM   #138
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

It was more of a response to the cute comment about him being too "stupid" to fit in the JLA.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #139
Cranny21
Side-Kick

How will we know if any additional info on the viral campaign will be released? I've never followed stuff like this before, but as a fan, I'll do if for the Man of Steel. The fact that the coordinates on the web address for the trailer point to a location on an Artic land mass truly intrigues me.

Cranny21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #140
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

I would be surprised if Superman was not used as Dc's way to combine universes for a teamup movie. I mean, that is essentially the role Ironman had for Marvel.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #141
superman2090
Side-Kick

Quote:
Because frankly Bale's Batman is too stupid to be of any use to the Justice League...World's Greatest Detective my ass.

That was the one thing about the trilogy I did not like. Bruce Wayne was normal intelligence. He couldn't solve a crime if the answer came up and bit him on the arm. For instance, how hard would it have been to understand that Bane's mask was his weakness. Instead Bruce walks up and tries to beat him down. He didn't even fight that well in my opinion. He was more gadget oriented. The shared universe needs the ultimate strategist and tactician for a Batman.

superman2090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #142
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

This is ridiculous.

Nolan's Batman wouldn't mesh so easily with Justice League. not because his characterization wouldn't be much of an issue (I could totally see this Batman on a Justice League film, character wise), it is the environment and background of the films.

Besides, I don't want Nolan's Batman to be part of a Justice League movie, I don't even want that Snyder's Superman to be part of that either.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #143
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Yeah, I'd really just prefer if they let us have a solid series of Superman solo films first. Too many things can go wrong with a team-up film or in trying to build a unified movie universe. Look at Iron Man 2 and it didn't even turn out that badly. Things could have gone way worse and Warner Bros. proved with Green Lantern that they don't really know what to do with these properties. Let's face it, Nolan's Batman films only turned out the way they did because him and his team were given lots of creative freedom. That sort of freedom will not exist if WB tries to go the Marvel route. I just hope that Man of Steel can do gangbusters and maybe that will convince Warner Bros. to not mess with a good thing and just give us the Superman series we deserve.

DKDetective is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #144
Heat Vision
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightning View Post
I think Superman deserves to have his string of isolated films, just like like Batman. Have the films convey what Superman is about. I don't really want a Justice League film.
I can't say I don't want a JL movie, but I do agree with you that Superman deserves to have an universe of his own.

Heat Vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #145
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Well, I certainly don't want a Justice League movie now. I love the Justice League, but seeing how Warner Bros. has handled their properties, it doesn't give so much trust. The way Marvel approached it, while I had my doubts at first before seeing The Avengers, was a success. I enjoyed that film so much, and also the movies that lead up to it. For now, it appears that Warner is trying to play catch up with Marvel, and if this is being rushed up I don't have high hopes for this.

To my understanding, Man of Steel was in development before the development of Justice League, and seeing the approach the film has taken I trust that the film will do justice to Superman.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #146
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman2090 View Post
That was the one thing about the trilogy I did not like. Bruce Wayne was normal intelligence. He couldn't solve a crime if the answer came up and bit him on the arm. For instance, how hard would it have been to understand that Bane's mask was his weakness. Instead Bruce walks up and tries to beat him down. He didn't even fight that well in my opinion. He was more gadget oriented. The shared universe needs the ultimate strategist and tactician for a Batman.
Thank you! Bale's Batman was a dumbass...great movies, I enjoyed watching them, but Nolan dumbed Batman down WAY TOO MUCH

Old 12-14-2012, 08:00 PM   #147
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Old 12-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #148
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Thank you! Bale's Batman was a dumbass...great movies, I enjoyed watching them, but Nolan dumbed Batman down WAY TOO MUCH

I wouldn't say he was dumbed down, but rather more "realistically" intelligent given the circumstances. Bales's Batman did a lot of pretty clever things when using his detective skills in each of the films, plus the little things like listening to people but acting like he wasn't and later showing that he was paying attention was a clever way of showing how Bruce was clever and paid attention to details.

You also have to take into account the timeframe for which Nolan's Batman actually was a superhero/crimefighter. In the comics Batman studied years and then fought crime for about 10 plus years at least straight. Nolan's Batman was really only around for a few years and didn't have that much time to train and when he did it was only with the League of Shadows.

I think the new Batman in a JL movie needs to be introduced as an established character that has been at it for sometime, no origin stories for him and no flashbacks in a JL movie. There is no time with that.

After that when they do a Batman movie spin off then we can get some flashbacks of him studying with Zatara, ninja masters, League of Shadows, whomever.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #149
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
Until TDKR, in which the movie becomes rather bipolar in terms of his intelligence level. On one hand, he knows all about fingerprint powders, programming complex searches, and can reprogram autopilot software. On the other hand, he needs Fox to analyze stock market trades and for something as simple as figuring out what sort of detonator Bane is using and how to block it.

DKDetective is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #150
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Listen, I agree that Nolan's Batman toned down some aspects of Bruce's personality while grounding the films. On the trilogy, Batman is made to be more relatable, more human if you will, but still extraordinary.

The baseless hyperboles are annoying.