The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 12-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

Default Man Of Steel Trailer Crowd Reactions Thread

Thinking many of us will be catching The Hobbit at some point in theaters. Share your experience with the trailer on the big screen here! How did it look? How did the crowd react? Etc.

Sequel to this thread

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...005&highlight=

I saw The Hobbit at midnight (2D), really enjoyed it. Sold out theater. Man of Steel trailer aired last. Kind of like the Batman trailer, everyone was totally silent throughout it, totally engaged. When it ended, there was some clear chatter. One guy - only one - clapped obnoxiously and yelled "Yeaaaaah!". I heard someone around me say "That looks really good". And oh yes, it looked VERY good on the big screen. The music is perfect, the Arctic scenes are just stunning.

We're in a for a treat!

R.I.P. Heath
Excel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:55 PM   #2
Nvmyprixgt
Newbie First Class

Default Re: Man Of Steel Trailer Crowd Reactions Thread

Saw this in IMAX, and it was unreal. My first time seeing the trailer, I refused to watch online. Crowd was in awe.

Nvmyprixgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #3
Heat Vision
Banned User

Man... I really want to see it on theater! Too bad I don't care for the Hobbit... :/

Heat Vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:35 AM   #4
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

I didnt get it with The Hobbit, so hopefully I'll get it with future films.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:21 AM   #5
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Well I'm off to see the Hobbit in two hours, the cinema I emailed said its not airing so unfortunately I'm gonna have to wait to see it with something else.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:37 AM   #6
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Well I'm off to see the Hobbit in two hours, the cinema I emailed said its not airing so unfortunately I'm gonna have to wait to see it with something else.
It boggles the mind why it's not attached to every single copy of The Hobbot there is.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:48 AM   #7
Liam_H
Side-Kick

I could be wrong but I believe its not always the studios call, the theaters have some say in it too.

Spill

Liam_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:55 AM   #8
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
It boggles the mind why it's not attached to every single copy of The Hobbot there is.
I know, I'm more annoyed because we got the teaser with the Dark Knight Rises straight away. You would think this would be the same, really bizarre.

Old 12-15-2012, 04:00 AM   #9
sf2
Side-Kick

My girl friends said cavill isn't as good looking as brandon as superman. They have no comment on the trailer.

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
sf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:01 AM   #10
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
I could be wrong but I believe its not always the studios call, the theaters have some say in it too.
I'm sure they do, but it just doesnt make much sense why they would exclude it since it looks to be somewhat of a cash-grabber.

Old 12-15-2012, 04:02 AM   #11
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
My girl friends said cavill isn't as good looking as brandon as superman. They have no comment on the trailer.
Meh!

It's not going to be for everyone nothing ever is, maybe the next trailer will be the one for them.

Old 12-15-2012, 04:18 AM   #12
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
I'm sure they do, but it just doesnt make much sense why they would exclude it since it looks to be somewhat of a cash-grabber.
I tell you the person you need to ask is flickchick. I believe she works in a theater.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Kryptonian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:20 AM   #13
Binker
Side-Kick

I want to ask you guys: the trailer review on ew.com had people that were mixed about the film. The top feelings were that: Superman isn't dark, and Cavill is miscasted. Now, that's just oine site, what about the others? As of right now, after this trailer's reveal, what is the general pre-release feelngs toward MOS?

Binker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:25 AM   #14
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
I want to ask you guys: the trailer review on ew.com had people that were mixed about the film. The top feelings were that: Superman isn't dark, and Cavill is miscasted. Now, that's just oine site, what about the others? As of right now, after this trailer's reveal, what is the general pre-release feelngs toward MOS?
Well, I've talked with a lot of my friends and colleagues, most of whom aren't even comic book movie fanatics or fans, but they were all impressed with what they saw in the trailer. I don't think most of them thought that the film looked dark, but that the franchise was taking a serious approach towards the character.

And wasn't one of the big points for this film to get the GA interested in Superman again? So far, that seems to be working..

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:25 AM   #15
dante2012
Side-Kick

Binker! That's only one crap site man! All the big sites have been loving the trailer and the cast and people are loving the film man!

dante2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:28 AM   #16
dante2012
Side-Kick

Even the smaller sites have been hugely positive dude. Girls are loving Cavill and guys are saying he looks fantastic as superman. Flipping people reactions have been great and calling it the best and most anticipated film of 2013.

dante2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:28 AM   #17
Binker
Side-Kick

I had to ask because, even one guy I showed the trailer with, and he said that he doesn't like Superman, but the movie looks interesting.

Binker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:40 AM   #18
FVD
Jolly Loves You

When I went to see the Hobbit in HFR the first night they played the latest MoS trailer. Person next to me was surprised to see Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe in their shots but said nothing else. Just a few words nothing more.

Now when I saw the Hobbit in IMAX format all I got was the Jor-El MoS TEASER!?!?!?!

Old 12-15-2012, 06:52 AM   #19
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Quote:
Myself and every single other female I know who has given their opinion on the subject disagree...

Henry Cavill is almost unquestionably attractive IMO. I mean, even if he's not your type or something, you recognise he's a good looking man.

I've shown his pic to so many people in the couple of years since he was cast, and no one has EVER said anything but 'Okay, yeah, he's hot'

Quote:
Originally Posted by FVD View Post
When I went to see the Hobbit in HFR the first night they played the latest MoS trailer. Person next to me was surprised to see Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe in their shots but said nothing else.
Yeah I had that from a couple of my friends too. But it's a good thing. People go 'Oh, is that Kevin Costner/Russel Crowe' and for some reason it makes them start thinking 'Well if they are in it, I might be a bit curious about this now'.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:18 AM   #20
sf2
Side-Kick

Well. They don't know cavill. N they really like brandon as superman. They asked why not using the previous guy. The new guy doesnt look as handsome. That's the only comment from them. Maybe the trailer doesnt show enough of cavill.

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
sf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:22 AM   #21
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
Ours crap Cavill looks like he stepped straight out if the comic book, they're probably saying he's miscast just cause he isn't an alien.

Every review I've read so far has had nothing but praise for the trailer.

Btw I just got back from the Hobbit (one if the best films I've ever watched on the big screen) and they weren't lying no MOS trailer but we didn't get Pacific Rim, After Earth or Star Trek. Infact the only trailer we got that interested me was Jack Reacher.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:06 AM   #22
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
I'd be finding new friends...

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #23
DieSmiling
WINNING

Going to see the Hobbit tonight, I'll let you know how the crowd reacts.

Of the two guys I talked with about it at work one guy loved it, one guy was more lukewarm and thought it looked "too emo."

Old 12-15-2012, 10:46 AM   #24
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieSmiling View Post
Going to see the Hobbit tonight, I'll let you know how the crowd reacts.

Of the two guys I talked with about it at work one guy loved it, one guy was more lukewarm and thought it looked "too emo."
Enjoy the film I thought it was superb

If you're lucky enough to also get the Man of Steel trailer I envy you

Old 12-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #25
rks943
Side-Kick

Most people that I've shown the trailer to or have seen it say that it looks really good.

rks943 is offline   Reply With Quote