The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Actors from Original trilogy returning for a possible Days of Future past?
Ellen Page as Shadowcat 67 41.36%
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine 105 64.81%
Halle Berry as Storm 56 34.57%
Anna Paquin as Rogue 55 33.95%
James Marsden as Cyclops 82 50.62%
Ben Foster as Angel 28 17.28%
Kelsey Grammer as Beast 46 28.40%
Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler 49 30.25%
Shawn Ashmore as Iceman 48 29.63%
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey 64 39.51%
Taylor Kitsch as Gambit 39 24.07%
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus 44 27.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #51
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
I would hope that they could get all the essential X-Men that "survived" X3 for an amazing future sequence. I'm talking all-out displays of power, a final high-stakes mission, and ultimately... their deaths.

If I had my choice, I would bring back Logan, Storm, Rogue, Kitty, and Colossus (and maybe Nightcrawler if the budget can include him). I would establish that Beast, Angel, and Iceman had perished. And of course, Magneto would be fighting alongside them to show that all mutants are fighting together for survival.

The franchise has always been blessed with more talent than they've known what to do with. Here are the "future" X-ladies as they appear now showing off the look and attitude that they were never able to display in the movies.

Kitty is smarter than you'll ever be, Storm is the goddess, and Rogue is the Southern belle/femme fatale.
agree with your points. These ladies have a great potential as heroines. As seen not only on their photosessions but on their other movies too.

on other hand, loving these pics. Imagine those exact poses with the x-uniform

Id love to see something like that

Old 12-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #52
J'adore
Vous

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Par

Well since the X-Men franchise I think Ellen, Halle and Anna have all grown in terms of acting. I just think they were all mis-casts in my opinion, but whatever.

I'd REAAALLLY like to see a Kitty Pryde re-cast most of all. SO many young talented actresses out there and I never liked Ellen Page as Kitty.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:25 PM   #53
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
The same woman who preached to rogue about the cure and not needing to be "normal" dyes her hair black to look more "natural" .... That's a bit messed up
Not really. Storm probably just wanted to do something different with her hair since that's something women love to do. Looking "normal" or "natural" has nothing to do with it.

Beast even comments in X3 that he loves what she's done with her hair. Maybe he meant that he just loved that she had cut it, but I think he was talking about the added highlights as well.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #54
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'adore View Post
Well since the X-Men franchise I think Ellen, Halle and Anna have all grown in terms of acting. I just think they were all mis-casts in my opinion, but whatever.

I'd REAAALLLY like to see a Kitty Pryde re-cast most of all. SO many young talented actresses out there and I never liked Ellen Page as Kitty.
Ellen never seemed like a good Kitty to me, either. The X1 actress looks most like the comic book character.

Many of the X-Men actors are nothing like their comic book counterparts in physical terms, in character portrayals, or sometimes both. (Xavier and Cyclops are probably the most accurate in look, along with X3's Beast). But, nonetheless, there have been some memorable castings in this series that have stood the test of time and made a lasting impression on audiences.

More significantly though, if DoFP is supposed to be a 'reunion' of familiar faces from the original trilogy, then recasting those roles is illogical and defeats the whole purpose of it.

I think another recast for Kitty would be pushing it a bit, after three different actresses in the role already. And we might as well have Halle back for the reunion of familiar faces and then, eventually, get a new Storm in the First Class series.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #55
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
I'm pretty sure I read an issue Wizard Magazine where it's mentioned Angela Bassett was never asked (and hence never turned down the role of Storm). This was a few years after the films had come out.

This I agree with.
I have never heard of this. I'm sure that Bryan Singer confirmed that he had indeed approached Angie B and after she turned it down he met with Halle after seeing he in Introducing Dorothy Dandridge. I'll check that up though just to be sure.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #56
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Eh I think Hugh looked EXACTLY like Logan in X1... once they ditched the camera angles to make him look short that changed...

Old 12-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #57
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
LOL, are you kidding? Halle would definitely agree to it. A lot of time has passed and she has not been very successful of late in terms of new film projects. She needs this blockbuster right about now. I am not worried about that. What I'm concerned with is setting the "Storm Ship" properly with this reboot/no-it's-a-remake/X3 write-off/whatever-it-is. This is a MAJOR opportunity for this particular character, along with Cyclops and Jean to be "corrected" once and for all.

I guess what I was proposing was introducing Zoe (or Thandie or any other capable actress) as Storm for the "flashback" aspect and for that new actress to grow up with the new "First Class" franchise. Halle's Storm doesn't have to be in the future scenes along with Stewart or McKellan unless the story really calls for it.

In other words, Halle Berry is not an essential for this next film just to justify Storm's presence. Not ALL of the past X-Men need to meet their Futures, ya know?
I understand your point but following your logic there really isn't really any reason to justify the presence of any other returning cast members as they could just age mcavoy and fassbender with make-up as well as the rest of the first class cast. None of the original actors nor their characters are essential to DOFP.

Your idea of introducing young storm would work if this movie was set in the eighties, which is very unlikely. If storm is going to be in this movie it will most likely be an adult storm in the future and if it is then it makes the most sense for Halle Berry to be playing her.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:22 PM   #58
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Shadow View Post
Halle is 46 years old.

Zoe is 34 years old.

That's almost nothing in Hollywood.

I completely disagree with you. That is a twelve year difference. That means everything in Hollywood especially for women in hollywood let alone women of colour. In Hollywood 40 is seen as old and unless you have serious talent or still look like you could pass for thirty (which in my opinion Halle Berry has both. Although with regards to the former she hasn't done any film projects of late that highlight that, save for Cloud Atlas) your career becomes virtually non-existent.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #59
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
I understand your point but following your logic there really isn't really any reason to justify the presence of any other returning cast members as they could just age mcavoy and fassbender with make-up as well as the rest of the first class cast. None of the original actors nor their characters are essential to DOFP.

Your idea of introducing young storm would work if this movie was set in the eighties, which is very unlikely. If storm is going to be in this movie it will most likely be an adult storm in the future and if it is then it makes the most sense for Halle Berry to be playing her.
Yeah they're not gonna bring back half the main actors and recast others. If there's no Halle, there's no Storm, regardless of how one feels about her.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #60
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
I would hope that they could get all the essential X-Men that "survived" X3 for an amazing future sequence. I'm talking all-out displays of power, a final high-stakes mission, and ultimately... their deaths.

If I had my choice, I would bring back Logan, Storm, Rogue, Kitty, and Colossus (and maybe Nightcrawler if the budget can include him). I would establish that Beast, Angel, and Iceman had perished. And of course, Magneto would be fighting alongside them to show that all mutants are fighting together for survival.

The franchise has always been blessed with more talent than they've known what to do with. Here are the "future" X-ladies as they appear now showing off the look and attitude that they were never able to display in the movies.

Kitty is smarter than you'll ever be, Storm is the goddess, and Rogue is the Southern belle/femme fatale.
I love these poses and pictures. They look more like their characters in these pictures than in the movies. lol. I would not mind seeing any of these actresses/characters come back for Dofp

Halle looks darker and much more suited for Storm in that image than she does in all three X-Movies. Also those earrings she's wearing reminds me of the lightning earrings she wears in the comics and in the animated series. her hair looks better too.

Last edited by NanaT; 12-16-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #61
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Never been a fan of Ellen either, she kinda irritates me, tbh But I guess that's what Kitty does

I would've wanted to see what Katie Stuart (?) from X2 could've done with an expanded Kitty role (had Bryan wanted Kitty back for X3).

Old 12-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #62
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

All this 'I want X recast' is silly if DoFP is supposed to be bringing back the familiar faces from the original trilogy.

I guess it partly depends where the franchise will go from here. If it's going back into the First Class era and moving fowards into the 70s and 80s, then we can get Dazzler, a new Storm, a new Jean, a new Cyclops, Polaris, etc.

I hope the studio, producers, writers or director clarify the future of the franchise at some point. I guess they are waiting to see how DoFP performs but Marvel never does this 'wait and watch the box office' thing, it just lays out its plans and sticks to them. Result = great continuity, happy fanboys, a sense of certainty and structure!

Old 12-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #63
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
I have never heard of this. I'm sure that Bryan Singer confirmed that he had indeed approached Angie B and after she turned it down he met with Halle after seeing he in Introducing Dorothy Dandridge. I'll check that up though just to be sure.
I'm not sure if he really did meet Angela Bassett or if that's some sort of online 'urban legend' that's grown over the years.

Regardless, Bassett is too old, too short and too heavily-built. The Bassett ship has sailed.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:22 PM   #64
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

No what Marvel Studios does is leak out a list of front-runners for particular castings and scour the message boards and interwebs for casting consensus. I love Marvel but I wouldn't trust most interweb-dwelling trolls for decisions on my Multi-Million dollar films lol

Old 12-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #65
Angamb
Banned User

havent seen Katie in any other movie, so cant judge her acting skills, but I bet Ellen is more talented than her.

And on other hand, I think has a better look for Kitty too

Old 12-16-2012, 05:34 PM   #66
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
havent seen Katie in any other movie, so cant judge her acting skills, but I bet Ellen is more talented than her.
Ummm...ok? LOL

Quote:
IIRC the article mentioned Angela was certainly aware of the character of Storm (and as been mentioned by Chris Claremont years/decades later, she was his choice for producer James Cameron and Director Katherine Bigelow's dead-in-the-water X-men). However that same article mentioned she was never approached for the role in the Bryan Singer films, sadly due to her age.

But as X-maniac said it's hard to separate fact from fiction especially since they've been trying to develop these movies since the 80's maybe earlier.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #67
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Blaire View Post
No Famke wore a wig in both in both X2 and X3. In X2, her wig was originally a very long version of what Jean ended up with but Singer made a last minute change at the suggestion of his mother (coincidentally, Famke was already sporting a shorter hairstyle.

There's no way Famke would ever allow her hair to be dyed that shade of red- it would destroy her hair to get it that light. She didn't even like dying it the shade they had it in X1.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:26 PM   #68
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
The same woman who preached to rogue about the cure and not needing to be "normal" dyes her hair black to look more "natural" .... That's a bit messed up
I disagree with you (respectfully of course) and others who didn't care for the black roots. I think the black roots were necessary because it made the wig look natural...like it was actually growing from her head. The wigs in the past looked like terrible wigs because they were so stark from roots to ends. It just looked unbelievably fake.

Let's face it: in REAL life, many of those who have truly white hair have gray, dark brown or black roots. Storm may be a mutant, but she's still a human. I think that whole 'do gave her serious bad-ass edge which was sorely needed for the character--since Halle is often very soft-spoken.

Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 12-16-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #69
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:

Seeing these photos...actually disgusts me. What amazing potential was always with these actresses (Famke included, as the previously posted picture proved) to capture the spirit AND look of these characters.

It boils down to directing and those in the make-up department knowing their s***.

FOX should just hire a few of us to handle this going forward.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #70
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:

I guess it just boils down to whether the script calls for scenes with Xavier, Erik, Storm, Logan, etc., from the X3 timeframe.

If it just has a scene with Xavier and Erik playing chest from "today", there's no reason to have Halle, Famke or the others cast at all. Which opens a clean door to the past for new actresses to be cast in their roles.

In other words, their paths do not necessarily have to cross or even meet at all.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #71
JP
Smelly

I thought Famke was stunning in X2 (Her worst was X1, imo. Just unflattering).

Old 12-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #72
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
If it just has a scene with Xavier and Erik playing chest from "today"
I'd like to see Xavier & Erik play chest, as played by McAvoy and Fassbender I don't know what that would entail, but I know it's gonna be good!

The boxoffice potential for that especially from the female quadrant would be humongous! LOL

Old 12-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #73
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
I'd like to see Xavier & Erik play chest, as played by McAvoy and Fassbender I don't know what that would entail, but I know it's gonna be good!

The boxoffice potential for that especially from the female quadrant would be humongous! LOL

Okay, you got me. Although I'm sure Sir Ian would be more likely to play "chest" than Patrick Stewart would, but I digress.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:52 PM   #74
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Nah, Stewart would totally go for it the same as McKellan.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:54 PM   #75
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I thought Famke was stunning in X2 (Her worst was X1, imo. Just unflattering).
She looked great in X2, but the soccer mom look both she and Halle were sporting was sooooooooooo trendy for that 2002/2003 time period. It looks dated already. It's too bad they didn't stick to more classic looks for that film.

But I agree Famke's X2 look was her most stunning turn as the Phoenix. Her hair in X3 just...pissed me off to no end. It was clearly just sitting on her head, and begging to be tugged off easily. It was about as bad as Jessica Alba's in the second FF film.

FOX's make-up dept. do not excel with wig selections. Ever.

Closed Thread