Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 12-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #101
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Default Re: Man Of Steel Trailer Crowd Reactions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMike335!! View Post
AlrightÖ Here GOES.

So, I saw the Hobbit the other night with my friend Knobby on Friday. Now being the wupped self he was, he brings with his Morbidly obese girlfriend. Knobby is sort of a quiet fellow you see, he hurt his knee in a Rugby game 4 years ago, and has not been them same since, even though he is about 6í5" and 300 pound man mountain. So, heís been dating this complexion challenged Manatee for a while now. Sheís like the Emperor from Star wars, but uglier due to the massive facial acne and dark whiskers growing out of a mole that might as well be a conjoined twin. Having her with us is painful. Its like seeing your friend having his gonads ruptured in slow motion by a leviathan from the Barrier.

So anyway, me and Knobby was all stuck in one of those "what do you wanna do?", "Dur I dunno, what do you wanna do?", convos, when I suggested we see a movie about midgets. Now, Knobby is a nice fellow, but he loves nothing more than giggling about "lilí folks, so he was sold. Thatís when Ursula the sea witch called him up and threatened to wither his soul or some **** if he did not drive over to her likely condemned dwelling place and pic her up.

We get there and load her in the side door, and after an impressive effort we got the vehicle to begin rolling. It was cold out, and the engine has some trouble, specially with the three of us heavyweights on board.

Now we get to the theatre, and there was this cute girl working the concessions, and to get her number I had to pretend to not be with Knobby, not because of him, but the creature from the Succubus lagoon.

So we load into the packed theatre, and found a spot for three near the highest railing in the theatre room. Got sorta dizzy looking down.

We see the other trailers and then finally, it is JUST THERE. The Man of Steel trailer in all its epicness. The Audience is Silent, and I just utter one little phrase. "Iím so glad they cast henry Cavill". That was all it took, and Ursula the sociopath Manatee stood her rottenness up, getting right in front of me, causing me to miss the trailer. It was like she was using her girth to blot out the sun. She screams in my face "**** YOU! YOU must have KNOWN I had a Crush on Brandon since the last one and its fanís like YOU demanding a reboot that Iíll NEVER get a sequel!!!!" She now had the theatres entire attention, as she went insane on me. I was in shock, like a dear in headlights, not knowing what to say, and she reached forth her sausage like fingers and grabbed my throat, her bloated form starting to smoother me. I looked like a guy out on the surface of Mars with no air flailing in aggony beneath the Ogre's clutches.

I rolled my eyes toward Knobby who was in just as much shock seeing his wicked giantess girlfriend attempting to Murder his only reach Pal. She had already ruined the trailer for the whole theatre, the crazed fan attempting to crush my windpipe. She sneered at Knobby "Donít you dare ****ing move or I swear Iíll dump you right here, leaving you forever and Incel!"

Then it happened. Knobby snapped like Darth Vader on the Emperor. With inhuman strength he hoisted the living mountain of zits into the air and cast her down over the railing. We could hear her frothing curses until she landed into what looked like a trash dumpster at the bottom. She likely survived and skulked away but its now over between her and Knobby.

I took him out to the lobby, and with his newfound confidence we went out clubbing, and he got numbers from 3 hot babes, all of whom agreed that Henry Cavill is sexy, when he showed them on his smart phone.

Later we snuck back into the theatre, and watched the trailer, uninterrupted by any sociopath SR fans. The whole theatre Cheered for a second time, and Knobby giggled in delight at the Hobbits. Particularly the heavy set fellow. It was a great night. One to be remembered in all Middle Earth.

Was she as big and gross as

Greeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:04 PM   #102
sf2
Side-Kick

lol. what a funny post.

but some girls do like Brandon very much. 2 of my girl friends commented that Cavill looks ugly. Exact word. (Referring to the pic of him with Amy from the trailer.) They were asking why not using Brandon who looks much more handsome.

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
sf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:13 PM   #103
Project862006
Banned User

they must be blind lol

henry has that rugged hugh jackman handsome look going

while brandon has that pretty boy justin timberlake baby face look

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #104
Heat Vision
Banned User

Yeah, ugly and Henry Cavill are three words that shouldn't be in the same phrase.

Heat Vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #105
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
they must be blind lol

henry has that rugged hugh jackman handsome look going

while brandon has that pretty boy justin timberlake baby face look
perhaps they prefer baby face... wait. brandon routh doesn't have baby face. tom welling does.

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:01 PM   #106
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

As a straight man I can say both men are attractive but Cavill has more of that tough rugged look.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:45 PM   #107
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
As a straight man I can say both men are attractive but Cavill has more of that tough rugged look.
here is how i feel at least
Brandon Routh looks like Christopher Reeve
Henry Cavill looks like Superman
Nuff Said.

ConnorKon-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:12 PM   #108
Project862006
Banned User

eh not really routh looks like earth one superman

and henry looks like every jim lee superman

Last edited by Project862006; 12-17-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #109
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
here is how i feel at least
Brandon Routh looks like Christopher Reeve
Henry Cavill looks like Superman
Nuff Said.
Routh looks great as superman. But once a comparison is made with Reeve, he looks ametuer / fan made/ a lower quality kinda superman. I hope Cavill is up to the mark to compete.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:53 PM   #110
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
Because he can grow a full beard? Lol. Kidding.
Ya agree. Routhís serious / determined look isnít as good as Cavillís. Routh has a more gentle, caring and funny look.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:59 PM   #111
sup101
Side-Kick

Henry not trying to compete with anybody.He bringing his own superman to the table and not tryna copy Christopher Reeves like Brandon Routh did.

sup101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:02 PM   #112
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMike335!! View Post
Alright… Here GOES.

So, I saw the Hobbit the other night with my friend Knobby on Friday. Now being the wupped self he was, he brings with his Morbidly obese girlfriend. Knobby is sort of a quiet fellow you see, he hurt his knee in a Rugby game 4 years ago, and has not been them same since, even though he is about 6’5" and 300 pound man mountain. So, he’s been dating this complexion challenged Manatee for a while now. She’s like the Emperor from Star wars, but uglier due to the massive facial acne and dark whiskers growing out of a mole that might as well be a conjoined twin. Having her with us is painful. Its like seeing your friend having his gonads ruptured in slow motion by a leviathan from the Barrier.

So anyway, me and Knobby was all stuck in one of those "what do you wanna do?", "Dur I dunno, what do you wanna do?", convos, when I suggested we see a movie about midgets. Now, Knobby is a nice fellow, but he loves nothing more than giggling about "lil’ folks, so he was sold. That’s when Ursula the sea witch called him up and threatened to wither his soul or some **** if he did not drive over to her likely condemned dwelling place and pic her up.

We get there and load her in the side door, and after an impressive effort we got the vehicle to begin rolling. It was cold out, and the engine has some trouble, specially with the three of us heavyweights on board.

Now we get to the theatre, and there was this cute girl working the concessions, and to get her number I had to pretend to not be with Knobby, not because of him, but the creature from the Succubus lagoon.

So we load into the packed theatre, and found a spot for three near the highest railing in the theatre room. Got sorta dizzy looking down.

We see the other trailers and then finally, it is JUST THERE. The Man of Steel trailer in all its epicness. The Audience is Silent, and I just utter one little phrase. "I’m so glad they cast henry Cavill". That was all it took, and Ursula the sociopath Manatee stood her rottenness up, getting right in front of me, causing me to miss the trailer. It was like she was using her girth to blot out the sun. She screams in my face "**** YOU! YOU must have KNOWN I had a Crush on Brandon since the last one and its fan’s like YOU demanding a reboot that I’ll NEVER get a sequel!!!!" She now had the theatres entire attention, as she went insane on me. I was in shock, like a dear in headlights, not knowing what to say, and she reached forth her sausage like fingers and grabbed my throat, her bloated form starting to smoother me. I looked like a guy out on the surface of Mars with no air flailing in aggony beneath the Ogre's clutches.

I rolled my eyes toward Knobby who was in just as much shock seeing his wicked giantess girlfriend attempting to Murder his only reach Pal. She had already ruined the trailer for the whole theatre, the crazed fan attempting to crush my windpipe. She sneered at Knobby "Don’t you dare ****ing move or I swear I’ll dump you right here, leaving you forever and Incel!"

Then it happened. Knobby snapped like Darth Vader on the Emperor. With inhuman strength he hoisted the living mountain of zits into the air and cast her down over the railing. We could hear her frothing curses until she landed into what looked like a trash dumpster at the bottom. She likely survived and skulked away but its now over between her and Knobby.

I took him out to the lobby, and with his newfound confidence we went out clubbing, and he got numbers from 3 hot babes, all of whom agreed that Henry Cavill is sexy, when he showed them on his smart phone.

Later we snuck back into the theatre, and watched the trailer, uninterrupted by any sociopath SR fans. The whole theatre Cheered for a second time, and Knobby giggled in delight at the Hobbits.arly the heavy set fellow. It was a great night. One to be remembered in all Middle Earth.

My night was just Made!!! I had to hold my mouth from exploding in laughter at my desk here at work. Hahaha... Oh man thank you. Greatest piece I've ever read in here orany forum.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Last edited by The Shield; 12-17-2012 at 11:11 PM.
The Shield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:17 AM   #113
Mace Bloodstone
Prospect

Routh would be good for if superman was in the avengers movie, more cartoon comic type of setting.

Mace Bloodstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:49 AM   #114
Nvmyprixgt
Newbie First Class

Have you guys watched the live reaction videos to the trailer on youtube? THey are awesome!

Nvmyprixgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:51 AM   #115
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
lol. what a funny post.

but some girls do like Brandon very much. 2 of my girl friends commented that Cavill looks ugly. Exact word. (Referring to the pic of him with Amy from the trailer.) They were asking why not using Brandon who looks much more handsome.
What the eff do women want Superman to look like, Justin Bieber?!

Old 12-18-2012, 02:20 AM   #116
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
eh not really routh looks like earth one superman, and henry looks like every jim lee superman

ArmsHeldOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:22 AM   #117
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Routh looked more like Superboy than man.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:34 AM   #118
tomoe
Side-Kick

I think all the movie Supermans have looked extremely handsome and great as Superman while the TV Supermans looked totally wrong. Thank goodness it's not the other way around. Welling is the one who looks like a prettyboy band member. My first reaction when Routh was cast was thank god it's not Welling. And Dean Cain does not look handsome to me. I also hated Gerard Christopher as Superboy; he was so weird and lopsided. He even talked lopsided. I kept waiting for John Haymes Newton to come back. I was a kid so thought he was just sick or something. I did enjoy the George Reeves TV show and would watch the Superman marathons that used to come on every year or so. Can't wait for Man of Steel.

tomoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:39 AM   #119
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
but some girls do like Brandon very much.
Why do you feel this is important to share? People aren't allowed to like different types for whatever reason? If they prefer Brandon, that's fine. It's not like Cavill has a problem w/ the ladies.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:13 AM   #120
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
Why do you feel this is important to share? People aren't allowed to like different types for whatever reason? If they prefer Brandon, that's fine. It's not like Cavill has a problem w/ the ladies.
because it surprised me. The only comment they gave me after watching the trailer is the new guy look ugly. the old guy look more handsome. They want him. Wonder if any of you get the same from girls.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:13 AM   #121
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
My night was just Made!!! I had to hold my mouth from exploding in laughter at my desk here at work. Hahaha... Oh man thank you. Greatest piece I've ever read in here orany forum.
Haha there needs to be a reaction thread for that post alone.

Last edited by Glassjaw; 12-18-2012 at 03:17 AM.
Glassjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:21 AM   #122
sup101
Side-Kick

Quote:
because it surprised me. The only comment they gave me after watching the trailer is the new guy look ugly. the old guy look more handsome. They want him. Wonder if any of you get the same from girls.
Nope, you the only person saying that.Nobody cares!

sup101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:24 AM   #123
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
because it surprised me. The only comment they gave me after watching the trailer is the new guy look ugly. They want the old guy. Wonder if any of you get the same from girls.
They're probably just butt-hurt that Routh isn't returning. My friend Meg actually expressed mild concern that they unjustly "fired" him, but she seems to prefer HC's looks quite a bit more. Other women in my life don't remember who Routh is.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:32 AM   #124
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
They're probably just butt-hurt that Routh isn't returning. My friend Meg actually expressed mild concern that they unjustly "fired" him, but she seems to prefer HC's looks quite a bit more. Other women in my life don't remember who Routh is.
probably. Surely Routh has faded away. Very few people can remember and know him. He has nothing on the big screen since SR. he might never return to the big screen.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:42 AM   #125
Naite22
Side-Kick

If anything, it was NOT Brandon Routh's fault that SR didn't work. He actually did a pretty good job with what he was given. (sidenote. Every one was so anxious to see Spacey as Lex Luthor back in the days. Just revisited SR yesterday. It sure as hell has its good things - But Kevin Spacey is so damn boring in the role!). Anyway. Routh was sadly enough just directed pretty poor by Singer. And he didn't get to have that much character because of the way the script was written and such. But Brandon still had the look, the voice, and the presence to have earned wearing the cape. Brandon was NOT the problem.

I really liked Routh, and in the beginning I couldn't understand why the heck they would spend time on searching the world for yet another new superman, when Routh was so great for the part... But the more I thought about it, the more I could understand the decision for it. If I recall correctly, didn't Routh actually meet up with Nolan and Snyder at one point? Anyways, they're rebooting the man of steel for an all new generation. A franchise that'll have absolutely nothing to do with that of SR, which also had connections to the Reeve films. It's an all new beginning. Because of that and because of the fact that it would've been confusing for many, had Routh still played superman in Snyders MOS, than I could more and more understand the decision to recast yet again... I'll be honest. I wasn't all to sure about Henry to begin with. Than again, I didn't know about him either, so I had to keep a certain amount of neutrality about the fella. But I instantly thought that Routh LOKKED like a much better Superman, when first comparing Cavill to him. Again, I was very stuck on the whole Christopher Reeve feel, and like many, I had to be shaken out of that. I needed to understand that everything has a time where it/we must move on. And this is the time for superman!

The more I saw of Cavill, the more I warmed up to him. For every new pic. For every interview, and namely after seeing him and hearing him speak at Comic-con, I began to be won over in major ways. And now, after the arrival of the new trailer, I'm pretty floored by him! He's different and he's suppose to be. I honestly believe that Henry Cavill will do for superman, what Daniel Craig has done for Bond! This will be a superman with an edge. With some roughness, more character and with much more dimensionality and depth. I really can't wait to see this movie in its entirely. NEVER been so stoked for a flick before. That's the God's honest truth!

Naite22 is offline   Reply With Quote