Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 12-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #201
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Patrick Stewart & Ian McKellen Return for Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
No, I didn't see that, sadly. I'm not sure we get SNL in the UK anymore. I'd have loved to have seen that.
I was trying to find a clip of it somewhere, but I couldn't find it anywhere. They had McKellen playing a soap star playing all of the roles in play about Charles Dickens on Broadway (like Patrick Stewart did in ACC). The funniest part was when he played all five of his children by twisting a newsboy hat in a different direction and saying "Oh, Father!" five different ways.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #202
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry View Post
Regardless, we've been told it follows after X3, thus continuing that timeline. And it is still a setup for DOFP. I don't see why the term you use for it changes that? Are we using The Wolverine to set up that storyline but completely disregarding it two seconds later?
But it isn't a direct sequel to X3. Would you consider Iron Man 3 as a sequel to Marvel's Avengers because Iron Man 3 follows after Marvel's Avengers? No, right.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #203
Cherry
Side-Kick

We're getting into semantics, but yes, I would consider Iron Man 3 a sequel to The Avengers. It's a follow-up that tells one more avenue in the story of The Avengers. Whatever word you use, it furthers the story.

I guess what I'm getting at is not the word; it's the fact that we were told The Wolverine takes place after the other films and leads into DOFP. IMO, that's a pretty good hint that the dystopian future continues on from X1-3 and is not a completely alternate reality. Could time be altered once the traveler goes back in time? Of course, but I don't see the jumping-off point as a completely separate dimension/reality/timeline/whatever.

Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #204
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
I was trying to find a clip of it somewhere, but I couldn't find it anywhere. They had McKellen playing a soap star playing all of the roles in play about Charles Dickens on Broadway (like Patrick Stewart did in ACC). The funniest part was when he played all five of his children by twisting a newsboy hat in a different direction and saying "Oh, Father!" five different ways.
lol, that's funny just hearing about it. I'll have to see what my own Google Fu comes up with. Thanks anyway.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:27 PM   #205
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Will the older DOFP Prof.X be the one that Jean Grey destroyed..or the twin, that the original Prof transfers his mind into, in the after credits scene of X3..?

Old 12-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #206
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Eather they will Ignore last Stand or this will be Xavier's mind In Twin's body.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #207
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
Will the older DOFP Prof.X be the one that Jean Grey destroyed..or the twin, that the original Prof transfers his mind into, in the after credits scene of X3..?
How 'bout...neither?

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
JackMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:36 PM   #208
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

There Is still possible that Bryan Singer Is ignoring the Last Stand.

He ignored Superman III and IV with Returns(which Is how Martha Kent was able to be In returns) and In his and Tom Desanto planned battleStar Galactica sequel series they would
have mostly Ignored galactica 1980(save for reconning elements for only good episode of sequel show the return of starbuck for the show)

Old 12-18-2012, 03:30 AM   #209
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

I think though that it's one thing to ignore the films that came out almost 20 years ago before Superman Returns and had a completely different cast, as opposed to ignoring the film that came out 7 years ago and actually has the same cast you're planning to use in your next film. Oh and which, no matter how little loved, is the biggest-grossing movie of the franchise.

Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:59 AM   #210
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
I think though that it's one thing to ignore the films that came out almost 20 years ago before Superman Returns and had a completely different cast, as opposed to ignoring the film that came out 7 years ago and actually has the same cast you're planning to use in your next film. Oh and which, no matter how little loved, is the biggest-grossing movie of the franchise.
I'm not for ignoring X3, but this argument frustrates me. X3 may be the highest grossing, but it also slowed down the growth of the franchise. And the box office gross can also be interpreted as higher exposure for an inferior product, resulting in a damaged reputation.

josh8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:11 AM   #211
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Oh for sure, X3 did not do much for the franchise outside of the box office. But at the very least it means that it's been widely seen, and ignoring the events of X3 is not the same as ignoring Superman III and IV which weren't anywhere as popular at the box office as the two previous films.

Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:57 AM   #212
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
I'm not for ignoring X3, but this argument frustrates me. X3 may be the highest grossing, but it also slowed down the growth of the franchise. And the box office gross can also be interpreted as higher exposure for an inferior product, resulting in a damaged reputation.
At the time X3 was released, it was clearly intended to slow down the growth of the franchise. It was called 'the last stand' after all!

The intention at that time was to finish the trilogy - in a fairly conclusive fashion- and focus on spin-offs and prequels, because the original films had become increasingly expensive and challenging (with an ever-increasing cast and the endless negotiations/scheduling to get everyone together).

Arguably, it wasn't the right decision, in hindsight. But what's done is done. And however much X3 is disliked, it exists as a movie and the most recent one featuring all the franchise's main cast members.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:40 AM   #213
Manic X
Side-Kick

You guys also need to realise that many, including myself, really like X3. Ignoring it would be so lazy. All the things that the `fans`cry about in X3 can be easily fixed.

Manic X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #214
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The Last Stand Is weakest of trilogy.Fans and critics agree on that.

They have given hints they are Ignoring The Last Stand.But even If they don't they are not going to spend time trying to connect It to DOFP.I also wouldn't put It past
Bryan Singer to say The Last Stand did originally happen but because of time travel plot the events of Last Stand are wiped out by end of DOFP while X-Men and X2 mostly remain Intact.

Keeping The Last Stand In Cannon means the following

1:Famke Janssen's cameo In The Wolverine Is dream or hallunication
2:The CUre and Xavier's mind In Twin won't be acknowledged on screen
3:Cyclops and Jean won't be In DOFP Inless the film ends with time traveer returning to future where events of Last Stand have been erased.

If they keep Last Stand In Cannon my guess would be Storm,Mystique,Rogue or Kitty,and Iceman or Colossus would be ones to Join Xavier,Magneto,and Wolverine In future with Sentinles.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:44 AM   #215
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I'd rather go with that silly twin's body twist than to just ignore what happened on X3. If they ignore X3, that would just confuse a lot of casual viewers.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #216
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I'd rather go with that silly twin's body twist than to just ignore what happened on X3. If they ignore X3, that would just confuse a lot of casual viewers.
Like I said, I'm not in favor of ignoring X3. I am actually disappointed to hear that Patrick Stewart (as much as I love him as Xavier) might be in the film because I don't want any of that nonsense about either ignoring his death or the twin thing.

But I guess we'll have to wait until we find out in what capacity he will appear. The only thing that would make sense is if they had a scene to show how the future had been altered and we see the whole original cast alive and well. And I would only want that to happen in some kind of epilogue.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #217
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Since I seriously doudt they announced Patric stewert so early for just appearing at end
we have 2 opotions here
1utright Ignorign the Last Stand from the outset
2:It's Xavier's mind In twin body but not mentioning It on screen

Old 12-18-2012, 01:29 PM   #218
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Since I seriously doudt they announced Patric stewert so early for just appearing at end
we have 2 opotions here
1utright Ignorign the Last Stand from the outset
2:It's Xavier's mind In twin body but not mentioning It on screen
However, Stewart did say he didn't know he was in the movie until Bryan announced it. Bryan wouldn't just commit Stewart to a major role without first checking with him.

I'm one of those who didn't mind any of the continuity problems in FC... I thought most of those would not arouse any suspicion in the general audience. BUT having a living Xavier in this next movie would be too far. Audiences don't notice/care about stuff like Xavier walking in X3 yet being paralyzed in FC, but I do think they'll remember that he died in X3.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:37 PM   #219
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

And Bryan Singer would not announce patrick Stewert In film without talking to him about
film and him agreeing to be In It.His comments after previously saying he would be reprising
Xavier says to me he has been told to say nothing.Bryan can be very secretive and he wouldn't announce Patrick and Ian Mckellan untill talking to them and them agreeing to be In film especilly since only 4 of first Class actors have been confirmed.

They did the entire post credit scene of Last Stand to leave the door open for Xavier
to return.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:54 PM   #220
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

The most logical is a dystopian future.

Famke Janssen

Hugh Jackman

James Marsden

Halle Berry

Patrick Stewart

Rebecca Romijn

Ian Mackellen

Anna Paquin

They must return.

Alison Blaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #221
huzzah
Side-Kick

Edited

huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #222
Manic X
Side-Kick

[QUOTE=marvelrobbins;24873709]The Last Stand Is weakest of trilogy.Fans and critics agree on that.
QUOTE]

But fans like me don`t.
Besides, being the `weakest`of the trilogy doesn`t make it a bad movie, nevermind a movie to flat out ignore.

Manic X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:59 PM   #223
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Blaire View Post
The most logical is a dystopian future.

Famke Janssen

Hugh Jackman

James Marsden

Halle Berry

Patrick Stewart

Rebecca Romijn

Ian Mackellen

Anna Paquin

They must return.
I concurr. It would be foolish with an opportunity like this not to have the favourite/biggest trilogy characters in an all-out future battle.

I don't think the future should be depandant on the events of TLS. The smartest thing to do is side-step the film entirely by making it clear that the future segments are a "possible" future. This can allow every audience member to come to their own conclusions. There's enough seeds planted in TLS to justify every character's return if you please, and no direct references for those who want to avoid the film like a plague. If nothing is directly addressed, everybody wins, and this film is shed the weight of convoluted previous continuity.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #224
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Days of future past Is probally going to start In future a few years after the events of The Wolverine.this film Is both X4 and first Class 2.They won't make any direct reference
to Last Stand.

The viewing order of films should go like this-First Class,X-men 1-3,The Wolverine,DOFP

Halle Berry,Rebecca romijn,and Anna Paquin are most likely choices to join Patrick Stewert,Ian Mckellan,and Hugh Jackman In future scenes.

It's more problematic for james Marsden and Famke Janssen due to their deaths In Last Stand.I firmly expected Famke's reported cameo In The Wolverine to eather be a dream of wolverine or hallunciation of his after being seriously Injured.

Now they could have cameo by James and Famke at end of film by having time traveler returning to fuutre to see things have changed like future of sentinles prevented for now and Cyclops and Jean alive.That's the only way you can keep The Last Stand In cannon and have James and Famke In film.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:42 PM   #225
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

The thing is, if they bring in the twin, will he have the ability to walk? I know patients who have been bed bound for a long time muscles aren't strong enough to walk yet, but they eventually do...