|View Poll Results: Pick your favorite CBM|
|Captain America: The First Avenger||0||0%|
|The Dark Knight||32||49.23%|
|The Dark Knight Rises||8||12.31%|
|Hellboy II: The Golden Army||0||0%|
|The Incredible Hulk||0||0%|
|Iron Man 2||0||0%|
|Men in Black||0||0%|
|Road to Perdition||0||0%|
|Scott Pilgrim vs The World||0||0%|
|The Amazing Spider-Man||1||1.54%|
|Superman: The Movie||1||1.54%|
|V for Vendetta||0||0%|
|X-Men: First Class||0||0%|
|Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|12-18-2012, 02:44 PM||#51|
Join Date: Dec 2011
Re: Vote for your favorite CBM!
#1. The Dark Knight:
- A career best performance by Ledger which redefined a comic character in such a way as it has become THE bar to which all comic book villains (and characters in general) still strive to achieve the level of.
- The brilliantly structured, rock solid script that allowed for some fantastic moments, supporting performances, and the most ambitious ending to a film of the CBM genre and beyond.
#2. Batman Begins:
- Brilliant introduction to Bruce/Batman, one of the most layered, rich, textured origin films I've ever witnessed, allowing for fantastic character development. It perfected the origin story formula that many films in and out of the CBM genre have tried to emulate, making it one of the top 5 most influential films of the 21st century.
- Brilliant supporting cast, including a complex villain in Ras al Ghul.
#3. The Dark Knight Rises
- Great performances all around, arguably Bale's best out of the trilogy, as well as fantastic performances from Anne Hathaway who gave a Tour de Force, and Hardy who uses minimalism to portray true menace behind the mask.
- Absolutely brilliant action IMAX sequences
- Numerous tributes to classic Batman comics spread throughout
#4. X2: X-Men United
- Some of the best action sequences ever shown in CBM's, from Wolverine's onslaught to Nightcrawler's White House breach.
- Great script that allowed for some great character moments and interactions.
#5. Sin City
- One of the most original looking films I've ever seen, with a unique, memorable color scheme, but one that allows for memorable characters and doesn't go too far to become total style over substance.
- Memorable characters, along with the unrelenting OTT violent scenes
#6. Hellboy 2
- Gorgeous, Del Toro style scenery that never overshadows the plot or characters
- Great action sequences.
#7. Scott Pilgrim
- Like Sin City, One of the most original looking films I've ever seen, integrating OTT comic elements and video game elements flawlessly to benefit the story.
- Great ensemble of unique characters.
#8. Superman 2 (Donner Cut)
- Great performances by the cast, particularly Reeves and Stamp.
- A smart script that allowed for great character interaction and twists.
#9. X-Men: First Class
- Excellent performance by Michael Fassbender
- Great action scenes and character interactions
- Great casting and performances by Jackman and Stewart
- Good script to introduce audiences to the world that these unique characters occupy.
The Dark Knight: The best superhero film ever made
The Dark Knight Trilogy: The greatest story ever associated with the comic book medium.
Christopher Nolan: Taking the "Best Superhero film" title and playing keep away for over 7 years running!