xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
About LokiDionysos' lengthy posts a coupla days ago:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

I spoiler-tagged 'em in part because they're so long, but also because...dammit to hell....I believe every word of it now, LokiD!

Seriously. It *all* makes perfect sense, when you read it carefully. Dunno who you're getting your inside info from, but I firmly believe you just outlined the whole damn plot. (And it also confirms that Rhodey *isn't* wearing the Iron Patriot armor --- at least not in *all* those scenes. The white guy we saw several months ago was NOT a stuntman for Cheadle --- he was most definitely Ashley Hamilton, the missing link in this movie so far.) That's why spoiler-haters should read ONLY at your own risk.

I think that you're absolutely right about LokiDionysos being right. Everything he wrote makes perfect sense. And if it's all true, IM3 will be simply amazing.

The description of the IM3 MiniMates posted by marvel_freshman might be confirmation of LokiDionysos' scoops. Specifically, the Extremis Soldier figure seems to match LD's info that The Mandarin will be using Exremis to take control of people and use them as assassins.

We definitely ought to be paying more attention to LokiDionysos' posts from now on. This reminds me of how Jordanstein came to the Avengers forum months before the film came out and gave us detailed scoops abut the plot that actually panned out. He was the first person to accurately describe the Leviathans as space whales that flew around dropping off alien soldiers, among other things. Jordanstein was disbelieved by most people here, however. Maybe LokiDionysos is doing the same thing.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:19 AM   #352
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Xeno: Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Interesting that there's both War Machine and Iron Patriot merchandise
As LokiDionysos said, and *I* suspected, don't expect Rhodey to be the *only* guy in the Iron Patriot suit. It could easily be hijacked by....someone else. Leaving Rhodey to do battle with his new suit in his old suit.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 12-18-2012, 11:09 AM   #353
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Well while I always reserve some doubt about what anyone tells me until they have proven themselves worthy of my trust, I do think that some of the ideas LokiDionysos has shared with us are brilliant (regardless of the source) and I could definitely see how many of these things could work in a movie. So, perhaps after Iron Man 3 we will be looking to LokiDionysos for insider information, but only time will tell.

Oh by the way whatever happened to Jordanstein, or R.I.M. for that matter? Glad we still at least have Marvel Freshman with us.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."

Last edited by Surfer; 12-18-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #354
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Wow, I almost kinda wish I didn't read that. I mean, I dunno about some of the stuff in there, but the overall plot sounds solid; most of all because it weaves all of the new characters into the story seamlessly without feeling like overload-- something plenty of screenwriters wouldn't even be able to do if you gave them the parameters of what we know about the movie.

Even if it turns out to be completely inaccurate, it's still a movie I would totally see.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:01 PM   #355
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
Well while I always reserve some doubt about what anyone tells me until they have proven themselves worthy of my trust, I do think that some of the ideas LokiDionysos has shared with us are brilliant (regardless of the source) and I could definitely see how many of these things could work in a movie. So, perhaps after Iron Man 3 we will be looking to LokiDionysos for insider information, but only time will tell.

Oh by the way whatever happened to Jordanstein, or R.I.M. for that matter? Glad we still at least have Marvel Freshman with us.

Surfer
First I've heard of Jordanstein, but RIM on the other hand I believe left voluntarily due to the meltdown the TASM boards had towards him when he told people he saw it and didn't like it. I believe he's still active on Twitter, but I've no idea what handle he uses.

Nice guy, shame he felt had to leave.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:51 PM   #356
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
First I've heard of Jordanstein, but RIM on the other hand I believe left voluntarily due to the meltdown the TASM boards had towards him when he told people he saw it and didn't like it. I believe he's still active on Twitter, but I've no idea what handle he uses.

Nice guy, shame he felt had to leave.
Thanks Infernal for letting me know, about R.I.M. I know he stopped posting just about 6 months ago and I was looking at a few of his most recent posts on the hype to see if I could understand his departure, but I really didn't see anything to suggest he was upset with others or that he was planning on leaving, it just seemed to me like he stopped posting mysteriously. However, if what you said is true and people from the TASM boards drove him away, that really is a shame as no one should be treated poorly just for having a different opinion then others. He constantly was generous about giving of his time by coming on to these boards and providing all of us fans with details, and he will really be missed. Like you said, nice guy shame he felt he had to leave.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 12-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #357
LokiDionysos
Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
War Machine looks interesting. I'm wondering if that's a separate colour scheme we can expect from him in the movie.
I'm kind of expecting War Machine to wear a couple suits in this movie. Some of Stark's suits end up being a threat to them and they have to switch to new suits by the end. I think in total we'll see War Machine with a couple different suits after the Iron Patriot becomes Taggerts. Extremis soldier is kind of what Coldblood is, but ColdBlood also has the nerve neutralizer from Iron Man 1, which gives him his codename. He uses the device Mandarin/Stane had their subsidiary AIM build to freeze peoples' activities/nerves. However, this extension of Mandarin's reach is being directly controlled by Mandarin. Firepower/Patriot not so much at first. Later he injects others with Extremis to take over their nervous systems and try to turn them into cyber-soldiers as well. In some ways them blindly following and being bio-mechanical is compared to the Chitauri and Tony begins to understand the Chitauri were bio-mechanical slaves and being electronically controlled by someone other than Loki. After Stark blew up the thing on the other side of the portal it severed the connection that was controlling the Chitauri cyber-zombies.

Tony needs to blow up the thing that's controlling the virus part of Extremis, AIM's central AI that's being built as a military defense network.

Last edited by LokiDionysos; 12-18-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:28 PM   #358
LokiDionysos
Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
I think he might die
I'm thinking so too...

Old 12-18-2012, 06:02 PM   #359
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post

Surfer
I'm flattered R.I.M told me a couple months after his absence that his schedule is so busy, he doesn't have time to multitask Twitter and presumably the Hype. I think he may come back around closer to the release of IM3 though. Also, Nothing surprising, but I imagine Composer Brian Tyler is speaking of a rough cut of the movie:

Quote:
“I am currently working on Iron Man 3 and Black Sky,” Brian Tyler told 8Dio amid a lengthy Q&A. “My favorite is almost always my most recent project. I am very excited about Iron Man 3. I think the movie is amazing and Shane is an incredible director.”
http://8dio.com/?btp_product=interview-brian-tyler

Last edited by marvel_freshman; 12-18-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #360
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Nice tidbit. I wonder if he's referring to an actual rough cut of the movie or just the bits he's had to compose for.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:19 PM   #361
LokiDionysos
Eternal

Maybe he has seen all of a rough cut in various pieces. What he's talking about, about musical themes, is important to each scene and how that scene would progress, where to place changes in the music etc.

So maybe he's seen it all, at least scene by scene. he talks about developing certain themes for characters that he can play around with in later scenes, so he probably has to know what their role will be in those scenes.

It's even important for bands that are included on the soundtrack/in the movie/in trailers to know some of the movie. Especially when writing a new song in conjunction with the movie like with Soundgarden's "Live to rise". It had thematic connections to what was going on in the movie even though it was only played in the credits. Fury knows the Avengers will return again because we'll need them to after the next wave of darkness. Like the sun, they'll rise to the challenge of overcoming the darkness again. They never really disappeared and can be counted on to return. Even the choice of using "We're in this together now" by NIN in the first Avengers trailer had thematic ties--there has to be a balance between the theme in the rock songs used and the availability/price of the artist being featured.
This guy may also know which rock songs/bands to work in at marvel's request. If one has knowledge about which songs they are, then it can help figure out some of the themes in IM3, which leads to connecting other things. So in future trailers even the rock songs used will hold general thematic ties to what's going on in this movie. Shoot to thrill being indicative of Stark's showman like nature as he arrives at the Expo in IM2. The actual Iron Man song by Black Sabbath was used for the closing credits of the first movie after he said he was Iron Man. Stark wears Black Sabbath shirts.
Another song has to be chosen to represent what's going on here...
this is related to how I get some of my info and came up with my theories... but only some of my info, and not much.
that's why I said I'm like Wardell--ultimately I'm still speculating from a lot of tiny scraps of info and using my knowledge about Marvel to combine them. Sadly. But some of my scraps are very likely true because of the positions of some of the people I've talked to. I'm not gonna claim I know exactly how everything happens because that would be worse than Wardell. But I've drawn from a number of different sources because of some of my connections as a consultant. I'm a part-time musician but I've only heard things coming from that direction, not directly involved in any capacity.
The band Tool is one of my favs. They're definitely close to the final stages of their new album that will be released sometime in 2013 and have connections with Marvel Studios already.

Even though Sabbath was disbanded at the time, Tony's shirt in Avengers shows the connection with the people representing Sabbath. They're promoting them a little, but Marvel already had to pay them a little to use Sabbath's Iron Man to conclude the first movie (which put a really big smile on my face). Sabbath's making a return soon and Ozzy has rejoined the band. Minus the original drummer, he has some problems with Sharon that go far back. Expect a little more Sabbath promotion at the end of the movie. I've heard the new Sabbath stuff is going to be a hell of a lot better than Ozzy's latest efforts. Black Sabbath's new album is being released in April. Last year when they reunited to start playing shows they began working on this album and by late October they began to finalize and record (lots of sources have record of this). Not sure where it fits. Probably a song during the credits like the Foo Fighters song in Thor. Album/movie both released around the same time. An old song may be part of their cross-promotional campaign in some ways.

Generals gathered in their masses
Just like witches at black masses
Evil minds that plot destruction
Sorcerers of death's construction
In the fields the bodies burning
As the War Machine keeps turning
Death and hatred to mankind
Poisoning their brainwashed minds

Mandarin works the political angle through the senate but he wants anarchy and is a general and sorcerer in his own right. He makes things happen and controls his own small army.

Last edited by LokiDionysos; 12-18-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:38 AM   #362
LokiDionysos
Eternal

"Politicians hide themselves away
They only started the war
Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that role to the poor"

Mandarin wants that role to be filled by technology. Also by transforming the people who go against his Empire into Soldiers... as well as ex-convicts and those who break the law without purpose or for money they don't necessarily need, like ColdBlood. That's the thing, true political anarchy as originally outlined does have laws. Those laws are decided upon at a local level, because Anarchism is totally against any form of remote leadership... Mandarin doesn't see himself as a terrorist.
Political anarchy's original goal was to break the world up into smaller governing bodies based on self-sustainability and to remove overall leadership of the nations governing them--making each of the regions into a political state that could cooperate with the others and have its own agreed upon laws applicable only in that anarchistic state. Mandarin wants this for the world, but secretly wants to guide them into his technological Empire and uses Anarchy as a tool.

Mandarin gets directly involved unlike most politicians, even though he's still controlling many things. He's like an Emperor who takes part in the bigger battles.

Time will tell on their power minds
Making war just for fun
Treating people just like pawns in chess
Wait 'til their judgement day comes
Yeah!

Mandarin's too much like the people he's fighting, because he's adopted their technology. He thinks his cause is just and that he's not a terrorist--he thinks that he can treat his soldiers like complete pawns, use unconventional war tactics, and not be held accountable.
Taggert was willingly serving his country and that's what makes it so hard to turn him. Mandarin has to have his men do a lot of manipulating to turn him against the U.S. and continue to have him serve them, Taggert has a strong will like a true hero and he's able to fight the effects of the virus. In the end Rhodey/jarvis are able to save him but only because his mind's not completely gone. The worst thing about it is you would see yourself behaving as a pawn and not be able to stop it. ColdBlood would even be able to tell people he doesn't want to be doing this, although he was already evil.

Last edited by LokiDionysos; 12-19-2012 at 12:43 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:55 AM   #363
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
I'm flattered R.I.M told me a couple months after his absence that his schedule is so busy, he doesn't have time to multitask Twitter and presumably the Hype. I think he may come back around closer to the release of IM3 though. Also, Nothing surprising, but I imagine Composer Brian Tyler is speaking of a rough cut of the movie:

http://8dio.com/?btp_product=interview-brian-tyler
The flattery is well deserved my friend, I know you do a lot for these forums and I for one am really grateful for everything you do for us fans. As for R.I.M. thanks for the information, and hopefully he will return to us if his schedule allows. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Surfer

Old 12-19-2012, 02:18 AM   #364
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

http://idlehands1.blogspot.com/2012/...n-3-merch.html

Features a few figures from the toyline and it features a look at a this figure:

Looks alot like the Extremis armor from the comics IMO.

With a rebel yell she cried mo mo moa
mo mo moa
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 12-19-2012, 07:21 AM   #365
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
R.I.M told me a couple months after his absence that his schedule is so busy, he doesn't have time to multitask Twitter and presumably the Hype. I think he may come back around closer to the release of IM3 though.
Great news!

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 12-19-2012, 07:34 AM   #366
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

CBM has an interesting article via Nailbiter111 about those Idle Hands toys mentioned above....can't link it here, but it's got some spoilerish toy info.

Includes a Corvette that acts like a Transformer, morphing into IM armor complete with roller skates/skids; and it promises that it's taken directly from a scene in the movie.

Also: "Ironworks" T-shirts. Ironworks being the industrial arm of Stark Industries --- maybe a nod towards Force Works...?

Also also: AIM T-shirts --- tagline: "Weaponizing the Future." Everybody's favorite beekeeper helmet shown as a logo.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 12-19-2012, 07:35 AM   #367
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
http://idlehands1.blogspot.com/2012/...n-3-merch.html

Features a few figures from the toyline and it features a look at a this figure:

Looks alot like the Extremis armor from the comics IMO.

Interesting, all it needs is the triangular arc, instead of the circle.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:55 AM   #368
MichaelChen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiDionysos View Post
Maybe he has seen all of a rough cut in various pieces. What he's talking about, about musical themes, is important to each scene and how that scene would progress, where to place changes in the music etc.

So maybe he's seen it all, at least scene by scene. he talks about developing certain themes for characters that he can play around with in later scenes, so he probably has to know what their role will be in those scenes.

It's even important for bands that are included on the soundtrack/in the movie/in trailers to know some of the movie. Especially when writing a new song in conjunction with the movie like with Soundgarden's "Live to rise". It had thematic connections to what was going on in the movie even though it was only played in the credits. Fury knows the Avengers will return again because we'll need them to after the next wave of darkness. Like the sun, they'll rise to the challenge of overcoming the darkness again. They never really disappeared and can be counted on to return. Even the choice of using "We're in this together now" by NIN in the first Avengers trailer had thematic ties--there has to be a balance between the theme in the rock songs used and the availability/price of the artist being featured.
This guy may also know which rock songs/bands to work in at marvel's request. If one has knowledge about which songs they are, then it can help figure out some of the themes in IM3, which leads to connecting other things. So in future trailers even the rock songs used will hold general thematic ties to what's going on in this movie. Shoot to thrill being indicative of Stark's showman like nature as he arrives at the Expo in IM2. The actual Iron Man song by Black Sabbath was used for the closing credits of the first movie after he said he was Iron Man. Stark wears Black Sabbath shirts.
Another song has to be chosen to represent what's going on here...
this is related to how I get some of my info and came up with my theories... but only some of my info, and not much.
that's why I said I'm like Wardell--ultimately I'm still speculating from a lot of tiny scraps of info and using my knowledge about Marvel to combine them. Sadly. But some of my scraps are very likely true because of the positions of some of the people I've talked to. I'm not gonna claim I know exactly how everything happens because that would be worse than Wardell. But I've drawn from a number of different sources because of some of my connections as a consultant. I'm a part-time musician but I've only heard things coming from that direction, not directly involved in any capacity.
The band Tool is one of my favs. They're definitely close to the final stages of their new album that will be released sometime in 2013 and have connections with Marvel Studios already.

Even though Sabbath was disbanded at the time, Tony's shirt in Avengers shows the connection with the people representing Sabbath. They're promoting them a little, but Marvel already had to pay them a little to use Sabbath's Iron Man to conclude the first movie (which put a really big smile on my face). Sabbath's making a return soon and Ozzy has rejoined the band. Minus the original drummer, he has some problems with Sharon that go far back. Expect a little more Sabbath promotion at the end of the movie. I've heard the new Sabbath stuff is going to be a hell of a lot better than Ozzy's latest efforts. Black Sabbath's new album is being released in April. Last year when they reunited to start playing shows they began working on this album and by late October they began to finalize and record (lots of sources have record of this). Not sure where it fits. Probably a song during the credits like the Foo Fighters song in Thor. Album/movie both released around the same time. An old song may be part of their cross-promotional campaign in some ways.

Generals gathered in their masses
Just like witches at black masses
Evil minds that plot destruction
Sorcerers of death's construction
In the fields the bodies burning
As the War Machine keeps turning
Death and hatred to mankind
Poisoning their brainwashed minds

Mandarin works the political angle through the senate but he wants anarchy and is a general and sorcerer in his own right. He makes things happen and controls his own small army.
I don't know about movie Mandarin, but comic Mandarin is a social darwinian and the enemy of civilization. He wants anarchy because that allows to the strong to thrive and the weak to perish.

He wants anarchy but he's not remotely an anarchist in the political sense of the word. Political anarchists believe that anarchy would bring peace and harmony.

The Mandarin knows that anarchy would create a Mad Max world of violance, and he loves that. He's a social darwinian who wants anarchy to promote his social darwinian agenda. He's not a true anarchist in the political/idealist sense.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:30 AM   #369
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I am buying this somehow. And wearing the **** out of it.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #370
LokiDionysos
Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelChen View Post
I don't know about movie Mandarin, but comic Mandarin is a social darwinian and the enemy of civilization. He wants anarchy because that allows to the strong to thrive and the weak to perish.

He wants anarchy but he's not remotely an anarchist in the political sense of the word. Political anarchists believe that anarchy would bring peace and harmony.

The Mandarin knows that anarchy would create a Mad Max world of violance, and he loves that. He's a social darwinian who wants anarchy to promote his social darwinian agenda. He's not a true anarchist in the political/idealist sense.
I'm thinking it's still along those lines but there's a propaganda element to how Mandarin leads and that's why he does most of the talking. He doesn't really want political anarchy but that's how he deceives China and America through the news. It makes it so he's neither capitalist or communist, he's from neither country or political ideology.
He tells the world certain things during his lessons through the news networks... Almost reciting a story and referring to each ring and what they symbolize as a way to try to manipulate the public... explaining why he attacked Stark, and why he's not a terrorist. But he has much bigger plans in mind than actually letting the world rule itself. AIM is secretly modern day Hydra(not fully revealed until CA2), and after Stark cut the funding it's funded by a wealthy Baron who hates Shield just as much as the Mandarin. The AI defense network AIM wants to set up to protect the world is actually Ultron. In my theory Pym and Janet have worked for AIM in the past, back in the 80's, and AIM continued the Ultron research after a mishap occurred that will be explained fully in the Ant Man movie. Whedon is teasing about his very Waspy draft of Avengers and a second Villain they wanted to use. It's basically only pretending to be in Mandarin's control and the AI he taps into wants Mandarin's plans to succeed because it benefits the AI. Now the plan may be for Pym, Janet and Ultron to be included in Avengers 2... Ultron uses Vision in that movie before he turns good... So in each movie we see a different form of Ultron. In Ant Man during the 80's he has his original body, but something that happened then turned Ultron into what he is now. He exists without a body and mainly battles with Jarvis in this movie, who in a way, turns the Vision good eventually to help in the battle against Thanos. Because Jarvis has already built up a resistance against Ultron when he returns in that movie. After IM3 Ultron becomes a recurring problem, because he'll return again in Avengers 3. So we meet him a number of times in various forms.

Last edited by LokiDionysos; 12-19-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #371
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Yeah that A.I.M. t-shirt is pretty damn sweet.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 12-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #372
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Seems Marvel were considering T.I. for a role, but he had to decline due to scheduling. I can't imagine the role, but it would have been cool having him there.

Quote:
“I was being considered for this one film. Now that it's over with, I can say it. Iron Man 3. I was being considered for Iron Man 3 and it wasn't to be Iron Man, it was to be another character in the film but our schedules did not align and they had to do their movie anyway. I told them go on ahead, I didn't want to get in their way. [laughs] But yeah man, I mean, I think my dream movie is an action-comedy. I want to do another Lethal Weapon or 48 Hours or Bad Boys. I want to do those types of movies.”

Old 12-19-2012, 01:47 PM   #373
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

How do you guys think AIM will translate into phase 2? Thinking it will appear in cap too because it has a ww2 connection

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Old 12-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #374
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
How do you guys think AIM will translate into phase 2? Thinking it will appear in cap too because it has a ww2 connection
Yeah I don't think IM3 will be the last we see of AIM

Old 12-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #375
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

MODOK will probably appear in AVENGERS 2 as a side villain or something. IM3 is way too much with Mandarin. But I really think they are building to there, so we might meet the AIM agent who later is turned into MODOK.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Closed Thread