Dollmaker 0 0%
Catwoman 1 0.42%
Other 12 5.00%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #101
Duke
Knowin is half the battle

Default Re: Next Batman Villain?

I'd actually like to see Man-Bat or Clayface in a Batman film.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #102
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

If Hugo Strange was in it, he should be the head of Arkham and share a relationship with all the inmates.

He should be totally unorthodox in his methods on how to treat patients.

There was this Doctor years ago called Alfred Kinsey, while he was considered brilliant and important for his studies, he was extremely controversial...hiring pedophiles to experiment on children...Now to me, that is sick

Strange should be something like that...considered brilliant, but controversial.

I believe in Batfleck
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #103
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

Clock King + Calendar Man ?

NosfeRomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:19 PM   #104
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
It's not the same thing. Bane was a third party when you look at the villains in that movie. The general audience don't remember him either.

The studio has been shakey about using Robin as the sidekick since that movie. They're probably fine with it now but they know they'll have to be careful with how a teenage sidekick is approached. So imagine the others..

With Freeze and Poison Ivy, i bet it's gonna take at least 1 or 2 movies in a more fantastical nature for WB to agree to it. Or a director who can convince them that they'll go in a completely different style to what was before. It will take convincing. They're probably unaware of the real Freeze and dont know if they can go a darker, serious take on him.

They wont follow Bane immediately with another obscure villain. And if it's Riddler or Penguin theyll be jumping for joy. Hell, theyll probably suggest them. If Nolan used either one for Batman 3, they would have loved that more than what we got.
You're assuming way too much. You're assuming the general audience remembers clearly about those villains. You're assuming that their response to a new version will be bad. You're assuming that WB didn't want Robin because of that. You're assuming they won't use a more obscure villain in the reboot even though they already did it with Begins using Ra's and Scarecrow. You're even assuming that WB don't know about Freeze. Really? You're basing that on how he was done in animated movies, cartoons and in the comics too?

What we know is that Bale really didn't want Robin in the movies and, if I recall correctly, Nolan also said that he didn't have a place in his story, so that is something we can base ourselves on. As for the GA's issue with Freeze and Ivy, if they remember about him now, more than a decade later, then they'll still do some years from now. If the movie is good, the audience will take it. Regardless of the villain. Obscure or not, like they already did.

Jick09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #105
Baramos
Side-Kick

I'm sure David S. Goyer knows about Mr. Freeze, etc. and he's undoubtedly going to be tapped for future movies as well to provide basic story ideas/outlines, if not entire screenplays.

Baramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:22 PM   #106
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick09 View Post
You're assuming way too much. You're assuming the general audience remembers clearly about those villains. You're assuming that their response to a new version will be bad. You're assuming that WB didn't want Robin because of that. You're assuming they won't use a more obscure villain in the reboot even though they already did it with Begins using Ra's and Scarecrow. You're even assuming that WB don't know about Freeze. Really? You're basing that on how he was done in animated movies, cartoons and in the comics too?

What we know is that Bale really didn't want Robin in the movies and, if I recall correctly, Nolan also said that he didn't have a place in his story, so that is something we can base ourselves on. As for the GA's issue with Freeze and Ivy, if they remember about him now, more than a decade later, then they'll still do some years from now. If the movie is good, the audience will take it. Regardless of the villain. Obscure or not, like they already did.
Exactly.

I mean the last time Bane was on screen was in Batman and Robin.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:36 PM   #107
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

It was Nolan that persuaded them with Bane, as they wanted Riddler, apparently.

But we don't need him for Freeze. All you have to do is say Freeze won't be like that **** from B&R, Bob's your uncle

I believe in Batfleck
Old 12-18-2012, 02:48 AM   #108
Bigjxxx
Side-Kick

I am going to pick a villain that would work, but is overlooked. The Monk should be the next batman foe., follow by Hugo strange and the mutants, and for the third film, Kuller Croc or Man Bat.

Bigjxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #109
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
It was Nolan that persuaded them with Bane, as they wanted Riddler, apparently.
Yeah, and Nolan considers Riddler a watered down version of the Joker.....

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:55 AM   #110
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

The man has no imagination!

I believe in Batfleck
Old 12-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #111
The Villain
Side-Kick

Mad Hatter next. Always been a fav. Plus the name Mad Hatter simply love it.

Don't know what story would suit todays audience if Hatter was picked any thoughts?

Hugo Strange & Mad Hatter? Jonathan Nolan expressed a wish for Mad Hatter before TDKR began. I wonder if he will be around for a new film?

Other than him I've kinda gotten a soft spot for Manbat after seeing the deleted scene from Batman Forever. that large bat like creature in the cave was a sure Manbat idea if ever I saw one.

Penguin, Riddler okay with that too.

Last edited by The Villain; 12-18-2012 at 01:43 PM.
The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:28 PM   #112
Frodo
Side-Kick

It'd still like Reaper/Phantasm and Black Mask for a rebooted Batman flick.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #113
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Mad Hatter next. Always been a fav. Plus the name Mad Hatter simply love it.

Don't know what story would suit todays audience if Hatter was picked any thoughts?

Hugo Strange & Mad Hatter? Jonathan Nolan expressed a wish for Mad Hatter before TDKR began. I wonder if he will be around for a new film?

Other than him I've kinda gotten a soft spot for Manbat after seeing the deleted scene from Batman Forever. that large bat like creature in the cave was a sure Manbat idea if ever I saw one.

Penguin, Riddler okay with that too.

Never liked Mad Hatter at all. They could do something disturbing with him but i would only be OK with it if it was a really smart part, otherwise i could go the rest of my life never seeing him on screen.

When did Jonathan Nolan express wanting Madhatter? I find that hard to believe.

Man-Bat is another character i can care less about. Just another Conners/Lizard arc done over again.

I would hope that they use Clayface whenever they decide to use Hugo Strange. Poison Ivy & Scarecrow (OR Black Mask) is another good pairing.

Last edited by shauner111; 12-18-2012 at 04:33 PM.
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:40 PM   #114
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

I imagined Mad Hatter as a child kidnapper who drugged and sold girls in a pedophile ring. Nothing special lol

I believe in Batfleck
Old 12-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #115
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

Old 12-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #116
TheWatcher
Dapper

That's a cool picture. I would like to see Two Face as well, just not as the main villain.

I've always been a fan of the idea that if Batman is fighting other villains and Two Face is witnessing it, he flips a coin to decide who to help.

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #117
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

I want Two-Face to have center stage all to himself. TLJ's version was awful and Eckhart's was too short to fully satisfy my Two-Face love.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:05 AM   #118
The Villain
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Never liked Mad Hatter at all. They could do something disturbing with him but i would only be OK with it if it was a really smart part, otherwise i could go the rest of my life never seeing him on screen.

When did Jonathan Nolan express wanting Madhatter? I find that hard to believe.

Man-Bat is another character i can care less about. Just another Conners/Lizard arc done over again.

I would hope that they use Clayface whenever they decide to use Hugo Strange. Poison Ivy & Scarecrow (OR Black Mask) is another good pairing.
It was just a rumor floating around on Batman wikipedia about MH. but I do seem to remember a JN interview on another film website naming a few of his fav Batman foes incuding MH.

More Scarecrow with better role maybe?

The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #119
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

I'd like to see lock-up at some point, a sort of rival vigilante who has no problem killing criminals, or civilians who get in the way.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
DarkSovereignty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:11 AM   #120
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSovereignty View Post
I'd like to see lock-up at some point, a sort of rival vigilante who has no problem killing criminals, or civilians who get in the way.
Zsasz might fit there too.

DChero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #121
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

hmm, he would lol. And I think it would be a cool story to fit robin into, seeing the flip side of vigilantism could make for a good lesson in robin's training.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
DarkSovereignty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #122
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

Zsasz in Nolan's world...a butcher for the mob.

Zsasz in a prefered world...a nutjob who think's killing people is a good thing and is releasing them from a pointless exsistence.

Yeah...I like the latter

I believe in Batfleck
Old 12-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #123
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke View Post
I'd actually like to see Man-Bat or Clayface in a Batman film.
I always wanted to see Man-Bat in a Batman film. Perhaps some time into Batman's career and people are assuming that Batman is behind these killings from Man-Bat as Batman is always seen as this "giant bat" anyways and never really close up by anyone and Batman has to figure out what's behind these string of murders.

Quote:
The man has no imagination!

Quote:
Zsasz in Nolan's world...a butcher for the mob.

Zsasz in a prefered world...a nutjob who think's killing people is a good thing and is releasing them from a pointless exsistence.

Yeah...I like the latter
Also in Nolan's world, Zsaz(how it's spelled in Nolan's world) is sane who's sent to Arkham only because the mob asked for it. Also not using Zsasz to his fullest potential. I LOVE the way he's used in Arkham City, which, is obviously brought up when thinking how a Batman reboot could be handled.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:00 AM   #124
Omegabat
Side-Kick

Penguin
Hugo Strange
Wrath
Mad Hatter
Croc
are the villains I'd like to see

IMO Joker and Bane should be left alone for a long time,I feel this way cause honestly Ledger and Hardy gave the definite performances,they took everything from the source material and blended it to the max masterfully.

So unless either characters get a wealth of new,original and well written stories in the comics they should not be messed with.

Omegabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #125
Maximus One
Oddball

I want an Under The Red Hood film. I've never actually read the book but a loose adaptation of the film could be awesome. It's time the GA gets introduced to more Batman family members and they REALLY need to do Jason's story and show Dick as Nightwing for once. Black Mask as the villain most likely but not sure about Joker's role. Could you honestly do Jason's story without it being Joker who killed him? I mean, anybody can beat somebody with a crowbar and then blow them up. I still just think that Jason's story NEEDS to be told. If Joker was ever used with a Jason story then show Joker's backstory as Red Hood and everything too

Maximus One is offline   Reply With Quote