The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #951
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I'm not a big fan of superheroes using plot devices to defeat their enemies, especially in films.

He's The God of Thunder not a street leveler, he shouldn't have to resort to wimpy ass plot devices to save his ass.
Not to save his ass. Just to beat Kurse. So you wouldn't be too found of Thor facing an enemy who is simply to strong and to durable for him to defeat?

that is essentially what I mean. I just want Kurse to be too strong and to durable for thor to defeat. That doesn't make Thor a street leveler. While Thor is among the top tier, there are still characters more powerful than him.

basically I don't want to see another thor vs destroyer

forget the whole plot device crap. Clearly my point got scrambled, that's my bad.

All I mean, is that I would like for Kurse to be too strong and durable for Thor to take out under his own power.

Either that, or Thor has to fully cut loose to defeat him.

It branches back to wanting more than just some hammer swings, throws, and some lightning

Last edited by jaqua99; 12-17-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #952
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

In what sort environment could he battle him where he could really cut loose though? because if the battle is on Earth, then Thor is not going to endanger innocent people by cutting loose, and it's similar if they encounter each other on a battle field, his comrades in arms may die as a result of his cutting loose.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #953
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
In what sort environment could he battle him where he could really cut loose though? because if the battle is on Earth, then Thor is not going to endanger innocent people by cutting loose, and it's similar if they encounter each other on a battle field, his comrades in arms may die as a result of his cutting loose.
Sorry, but I think Avengers disproves this.

Even though it's not shown or implied, Thor *had* to have done a helluva lot of collateral damage in that movie. Knocking cars all over Manhattan, blasting thunderbolts everywhere, smacking down jetbikes and leviathans into crowds below, busting open the Helicarrier in his duel with Hulk....

I don't think he'd worry too much about bystanders in Thor 2, either.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 12-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #954
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Sorry, but I think Avengers disproves this.

Even though it's not shown or implied, Thor *had* to have done a helluva lot of collateral damage in that movie. Knocking cars all over Manhattan, blasting thunderbolts everywhere, smacking down jetbikes and leviathans into crowds below, busting open the Helicarrier in his duel with Hulk....

I don't think he'd worry too much about bystanders in Thor 2, either.

Fair enough. Seem like he should have at least some concern for innocent bystanders though.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:21 PM   #955
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Most of the collateral damage in The Avengers was the unavoidable consequence of fighting off invaders in a major city. None of the heroes deliberately caused destruction and casualties; even the Hulk went on his smashing spree with a view towards stopping the Chitauri. Certainly the Avengers would have avoided doing harm if they could have, otherwise they would merely be a lesser form of villain rather than the heroes of the piece.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #956
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Most of the collateral damage in The Avengers was the unavoidable consequence of fighting off invaders in a major city. None of the heroes deliberately caused destruction and casualties; even the Hulk went on his smashing spree with a view towards stopping the Chitauri. Certainly the Avengers would have avoided doing harm if they could have, otherwise they would merely be a lesser form of villain rather than the heroes of the piece.
Sure. I agree.
I was just replying to Elizah's question about whether or not Thor would need to fight Kurse/Malekith on a separate battlefield somewhere where innocent bystanders wouldn't get hurt. I think that in Thor 2, just as in Avengers and Thor 1, he'll fight the bad guys wherever he has to, and just hope that the collateral damage stays to a bare minimum.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 12-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #957
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Sure. I agree.
I was just replying to Elizah's question about whether or not Thor would need to fight Kurse/Malekith on a separate battlefield somewhere where innocent bystanders wouldn't get hurt. I think that in Thor 2, just as in Avengers and Thor 1, he'll fight the bad guys wherever he has to, and just hope that the collateral damage stays to a bare minimum.
I don't think Thor cares too much about collateral damage (property damage). Thor only cares about not causing causalities. He's willing mess things up if he knows it won't hurt an innocent. He doesn’t seem like the overly cautious type like Superman though.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 12-18-2012, 12:39 AM   #958
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
I don't think Thor cares too much about collateral damage (property damage). Thor only cares about not causing causalities. He's willing mess things up if he knows it won't hurt an innocent. He doesn’t seem like the overly cautious type like Superman though.
which is good. As BT has said prior before, I hope it is a pretty destructive fight. I want a big throw down with kurse and thor, something that will make the audience feel the power of the two

Old 12-18-2012, 03:00 AM   #959
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Yeah when too super strong guys fight, the environment should reflect the level of amount of strength being thrown around.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 12-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #960
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Gotta have a bit of symbolism too the destruction of the land representing the anger in Thor ect ect

Old 12-18-2012, 03:48 PM   #961
elizah72
Side-Kick

An interesting couple tweets regarding official Thor2 artwork...

Olly Moss ‏@ollymoss
Thor 2 project done and dusted. I hope those dudes are happy with their pieces.

Tom Hiddleston ‏@twhiddleston
@ollymoss This dude is VERY happy with his.

Olly Moss ‏@ollymoss
@twhiddleston aw, cheers chap. Sign mine for me if you get a spare sec.

I wonder if this means he's done individual posters for the characters? Here's hoping we get to see sometime soon!

Old 12-18-2012, 03:56 PM   #962
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
An interesting couple tweets regarding official Thor2 artwork...

Olly Moss ‏@ollymoss
Thor 2 project done and dusted. I hope those dudes are happy with their pieces.

Tom Hiddleston ‏@twhiddleston
@ollymoss This dude is VERY happy with his.

Olly Moss ‏@ollymoss
@twhiddleston aw, cheers chap. Sign mine for me if you get a spare sec.

I wonder if this means he's done individual posters for the characters? Here's hoping we get to see sometime soon!
tweets about official artwork, yet, not artwork for use to see? ughhhhh

Old 12-18-2012, 03:58 PM   #963
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
tweets about official artwork, yet, not artwork for use to see? ughhhhh
Yes I know it's annoying but hopefully we'll see something before too much longer!

Old 12-18-2012, 07:39 PM   #964
elizah72
Side-Kick

UNOFFICIAL Thor 2 Twitter account reporting....

Thor 2 TheDarkWorld ‏@ThorTDW_
Thor 2 has finished filming early, but they'll pick up production for a few days in January.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:22 PM   #965
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
Gotta have a bit of symbolism too the destruction of the land representing the anger in Thor ect ect
**** yeah!

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 12-19-2012, 12:13 AM   #966
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Why has Thor started so early? It's not out for another 2 years?

Old 12-19-2012, 12:57 AM   #967
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Why has Thor started so early? It's not out for another 2 years?
...are you serious?

Try less than a year. Novermber 6th 2013. Idk what type of math you know, but this movie comes out less than a year :P

Old 12-19-2012, 01:03 AM   #968
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I thought it was 2014 sorry

Old 12-19-2012, 01:11 AM   #969
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I thought it was 2014 sorry
lol are you pumped? If I found out a movie was coming out a year before I thought, I'd be psyched!

Old 12-19-2012, 01:34 AM   #970
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I am indeed! But it's 2014 I'm most looking forward to! Captain America and Days of Future Past!

Old 12-19-2012, 01:46 AM   #971
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Usually the is only one cast-and-crew poster for the film (if the is one at all) and not many character ones. So I do not think its the case.

And, by the way, didn't we already seen glimpse of it?

Old 12-19-2012, 06:25 AM   #972
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
Usually the is only one cast-and-crew poster for the film (if the is one at all) and not many character ones. So I do not think its the case.

And, by the way, didn't we already seen glimpse of it?
yeah that probably is the case. I just got excited with the plural "pieces" and then Tom replying about his.

and as I reread what I just typed, I didnt mean for that to sound dirty.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:35 AM   #973
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
yeah that probably is the case. I just got excited with the plural "pieces" and then Tom replying about his.

and as I reread what I just typed, I didnt mean for that to sound dirty.
His own copy probably - as far as I know - this kind of memorabilia is not a mass made, and in this case artist probably printed copies(so plural "pieces") and send/gave them to cast-and-crew people.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:52 PM   #974
Bren
Forevernoob

I wouldn't mind Thor realising he HAS to cut lose (even risking some collateral damage and casualties) because if he didn't, worse would happen?

Of course, considering how he sacrificed himself in Thor, if Kurse is gunning purely for Thor, consistency-wise he'd do it again.

Of course, knowing that Malekith WON'T stop at Thor, he'd realise sacrificing himself is a poor option for Earth/Asgard/Nine Realms and then re-revert back to cutting lose-Thor.

Decisions, decisions. His head will hurt before the first punch.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:36 PM   #975
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
lol are you pumped? If I found out a movie was coming out a year before I thought, I'd be psyched!
I'd be MORE hyped if we had a danged Movie poster already

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Closed Thread