The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

View Poll Results: Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel?
Ultron 77 33.92%
Kang the Conqueror 15 6.61%
The Masters of Evil 30 13.22%
Thanos 88 38.77%
Count Nefaria 1 0.44%
Korvac 2 0.88%
Graviton 4 1.76%
Grim Reaper 0 0%
Grandmaster 1 0.44%
Other 9 3.96%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-20-2012, 02:15 AM   #626
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Default Re: Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel? (Poll)

Can we wait like fifteen years before rebooting something that doesn't even need a reboot in the first place?

I'm Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:16 PM   #627
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
Can we wait like fifteen years before rebooting something that doesn't even need a reboot in the first place?
Im confused. Who thinks it should be rebooted?

I don't know what the hell is going on, all i think is that Thanos will be around for phase 3, and phase 3 will result in his conclusion. and the phase 4 and so on happens. No reboots necessary

Old 12-20-2012, 02:00 PM   #628
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99
I don't know what the hell is going on, all i think is that Thanos will be around for phase 3, and phase 3 will result in his conclusion. and the phase 4 and so on happens. No reboots necessary
Phase III will be their sendoff. Here's how I'd love to see Phase III:

Captain America 3 (2016)
Thor 3 (2016)
The Incredible Hulk (2017)
Avengers 3 (2018)
Black Panther (2018)

Old 12-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #629
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

That's a long ass wait for BP. Hell, Namor needs to come out in like 2014 or something.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:47 PM   #630
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
That's a long ass wait for BP. Hell, Namor needs to come out in like 2014 or something.
hm... I understand the sentiment. But if Marvel were to release Namor in 2014 don't you think we'd know about it by now?

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:59 PM   #631
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Maybe they'll never reboot. Maybe they'll go through the entire roster, and the comics will update with them.

Hawkingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #632
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78
Really? He's always been fairly unknown. Some characters click with the masses, and some don't. I'd watch it at least one time.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:11 PM   #633
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

all the phase 2 movies have been announced. No Namor.

Namor and Black Panther are two characters I couldn't give a single **** about to be flat out honest.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:35 PM   #634
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

They'll lose money from the likes of Ant-Man and...Namor? lol...wow.

Chiwetel Ejiofor would make the perfect Black Panther for sure though.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:41 AM   #635
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

I'm down for Ant-Man Black Panther AND Namor. I'll give them plenty of my money for those movies.

But there are plenty of Avengers I don't need to see. Namely any X-Men characters. Even Spider-Man I could live w/o but I'd love to see a nod, cameo or easter egg. Even fewer Avengers do I need to see with solo films. Falcon, Vision, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Wasp (obvious?) to name a few.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:19 AM   #636
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Hell, Namor needs to come out in like 2014 or something.
I agree, he has to come out as soon as possible. All this fake 'I like women! look how flirty I can get with Sue Storm' stuff is getting real old.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #637
Christopher_M
League of Shadows

beyond shocked NAMOR isn't on the villain poll... I mean he was their next big threat after Loki in the original comics.. plus they've hinted to him with a couple of Easter Eggs already..wouldn't be hard to see him being influence by Thanos to takeout the Avengers...considering, Whedon has mentioned this being a smaller threat film...this could mean an Earth-based threat is going to be happening either Namor or Masters of Evil fit that bill to a degree..

Last edited by Christopher_M; 12-27-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Christopher_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #638
Chewy
REDACTED

Never really considered Namor an Avengers villain but that actually makes perfect sense. Get him on screen without spending a tooooooon of money on a movie that may not earn it back, start him off as a villain and let him become more of an anti-hero later like in the comics, give the Avengers a big Earth-based global threat.

But Whedon never mentioned a film with a smaller threat.

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #639
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

i don't know why, but my gut is telling me we are going to be seeng Ultron soon. My gut rarely lies to me lol

Old 12-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #640
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Never really considered Namor an Avengers villain but that actually makes perfect sense. Get him on screen without spending a tooooooon of money on a movie that may not earn it back, start him off as a villain and let him become more of an anti-hero later like in the comics, give the Avengers a big Earth-based global threat.

But Whedon never mentioned a film with a smaller threat.

Namor is one of those characters I love but enjoy seeing him get the snot kicked out of him. Marvel has courageously kept him a gigantic douchebag over the years, never softening his abrasive personality. When we were kids my siblings and I used to call him Impervious Wretch because he's just a huge ball of angst and attitude. (Stan Lee used that phrase in Not Brand Ecch!) He is exactly the sort of arrogant assclown with legitimately sympathetic disputes with humanity who would make the perfect villain.

Playing up the surface world's wanton pollution of the seas as Namor's reason for invading would make him a very sympathetic figure to the audience. He might rise up and trash the Eastern Seaboard, but can you blame the guy when his people are being poisoned by our filth? The legitimacy of his war would leave the door open for his eventual rehabilitation as a reluctant antihero. Namor could be even more popular than Loki if they cast a charismatic actor who can carry heavy dramatic scenes while looking hot in a Speedo.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #641
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Namor is one of those characters I love but enjoy seeing him get the snot kicked out of him. Marvel has courageously kept him a gigantic douchebag over the years, never softening his abrasive personality. When we were kids my siblings and I used to call him Impervious Wretch because he's just a huge ball of angst and attitude. (Stan Lee used that phrase in Not Brand Ecch!) He is exactly the sort of arrogant assclown with legitimately sympathetic disputes with humanity who would make the perfect villain.

Playing up the surface world's wanton pollution of the seas as Namor's reason for invading would make him a very sympathetic figure to the audience. He might rise up and trash the Eastern Seaboard, but can you blame the guy when his people are being poisoned by our filth? The legitimacy of his war would leave the door open for his eventual rehabilitation as a reluctant antihero. Namor could be even more popular than Loki if they cast a charismatic actor who can carry heavy dramatic scenes while looking hot in a Speedo.
When he was younger, Billy Zane would've been great as Namor. Think of his personality from Titanic. He also had the look and physique.

Old 12-28-2012, 04:48 PM   #642
Juicy J
Side-Kick

Namor is hands down the main character I want to see Marvel tackle next (along with Black Panther), yet having an undersea character is going to be extremely problematic.
How will they show the character walking around and talking to other Atlanteans underwater without it looking ridiculous? Will surface-dwellers like Cap and Thor come down to Atlantis, and if so how will they deal with that?
It'll take a lot of thinking on Marvel's part, but I'm sure they can handle it.

Juicy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:34 AM   #643
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
When he was younger, Billy Zane would've been great as Namor. Think of his personality from Titanic. He also had the look and physique.

David Boreanaz's name came up often back when Namor's rights were owned by another studio. Boreanaz would have been a good choice, but not so much now that a few years have passed. It's too bad that Michael Phelps can't act because he would be perfect.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #644
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Should he look ambiguously asian/latino as they draw him in the books, or just a straight white guy?

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:18 AM   #645
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

How the hell have none of us come up with Namor as the villain before? SMH guys, that's a perfect choice haha.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:00 PM   #646
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

I'd rather see Namor as the villain in a Fantastic Four reboot, and the Fantastic Four have to stop an Atlantean invasion of the surface world.

Old 12-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #647
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I think Namor is pretty far down Marvels list.

I think Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Luke Cage and maybe even characters like Iron Fist or Ms Marvel are probably higher up Marvel's development list than Namor.

I'm all for a Namor movie or an Invaders movie with Namor in it although I wouldn't say he is top of my list of characters I would like to see get a movie before some of the others I've mentioned.

Old 12-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #648
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I wouldn't class Namor as a villian...

Hawkingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #649
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

I don't think of Namor as as villain to the Avengers but rather a reluctant ally. He does how ever seem a better Fangastic Four Villain.

Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:04 AM   #650
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Should he look ambiguously asian/latino as they draw him in the books, or just a straight white guy?
He should look like the best actor for the role looks, regardless of race or ethnicity. Atlanteans are blue, for cripes sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
I'd rather see Namor as the villain in a Fantastic Four reboot, and the Fantastic Four have to stop an Atlantean invasion of the surface world.
Well, you won't see Namor in an FF movie because Marvel owns the rights. And no, they're not giving him to Fox to screw over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
I wouldn't class Namor as a villian...
Namor has behaved in more or less villainous manner multiple times in his 74 year career. He is more of a misunderstood antihero who attacks the surface world out of a desire to protect the seas and his own people. From his point of view his actions are justified. However, humanity views him as a menace, quite understandably. (Namor's recent destruction of Wakanda put him and his little mutant friends clearly in the villainous column, however.)

Namor's sympathetic motivations are why I said he can be even more popular and interesting than Loki. Once he comes to terms with the heroes who are forced to fight his army, he can easily do a turn and become their grudging ally. If the writers decide to work in Namor's World War II service by way of his connection to Captain America, that may give him an impetus to join the Avengers, or just not fight them.