The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > Approval & General RPG Discussion

Old 02-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #226
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Default Re: The Create-A-Post Thread

Family Secrets
Finale

Fire rains down from the sky as I hobble up to the top of the building, leaving Raphael where he fell, gravely wounded. I leave him like we left Donnie and Mike behind as well, pushing ourselves towards the top of the Foot Clan's stronghold in order to achieve our destiny and enact revenge upon Oroku Saki and bring the Foot Clan crashing down.

They've done so much to this city, to this world, that justice must be done. Weeks ago they assassinated every government official in the city to send a message after weeks of us and the police working in tandem to shut their operations down. Not only that, but they helped that Rasputin guy bring about what ever is happening out there tonight. Some are calling it the end of the world. If that's the case, Oroku Saki will die before he sees it.

As I push open the door to the roof, I look up to see the immense dragon heads still writhing in the sky, reaching down to seemingly devour the earth.

"So one of you actually made it?" I hear the same sinister laugh that taunted me the night I failed to save Splinter from April's burning building. I turn to see the immense form of the Shredder standing in the middle of the roof, his armor glowing orange from the fiery rain. "I'll have to better train my elite guard next time."

I draw my last remaining katana and face him, "There won't be a next time, Shredder. Tonight you die, and justice will be served at the world's end."

He laughs a deep laugh, "This is not the end, freak. The world is merely being reborn in my friends' and I's image. And I will not be the one dying tonight. Come now, and let me gut you like the pathetic creature that you are."

Gathering my remaining strength, I rush at him, my sword raised and prepared to strike. As I reach him, though, he moves like lightening. His sword is drawn and I have to move faster than I ever have to block his strike. After a few more strikes and counters, he drives his foot into my chest, sending me tumbling backwards. I slip over the side of the building, but manage to grab the side before falling to my death.

"You fight well," he laughs from above. "I'm not surprised you made it all the way to me. But you must realize you really don't stand a chance. I'm your superior in every way, turtle. It's why no one has stopped me in my lifetime, and it is why no one ever will. But I am impressed. Come up here if you have the strength. I want to give you the gift of an honorable death."

I manage to swing myself back up onto the roof, and grab my sword where I dropped it, "You're awfully sure of yourself. You'd get along with my brother Raph."

Rolling towards him with surprising speed I bring my blade up, catching him across the front of his leg. His armor takes the brunt of the blow, but I hear a satisfying grunt of pain from my opponent. But as I bring my sword down to attack his shoulder, he brings his own sword up and the clang of metal rings out.

"That may be so," Shredder says with vile joy. "It's too bad he is dead."

I shouldn't allow the comment to get to me, but it does. Raph was alive when I left him, but I'd be lying to myself if I thought there wasn't a good chance he was dead, as well as my other brothers. And Splinter. It's just then I realize that I very well could be alone in this world, and that thought breaks my concentration.

Shredder shifts his weight, allowing his clawed hand freedom. He slashes it across my face, sending white hot pain running through me. I attempt to raise my sword to defend myself, but it's easily batted away and out of my hand, clanging across the roof of the building. My vision is blurred as blood seeps into my eyes, but Shredder is visible enough to avoid most of his attacks.

But eventually my impaired sight causes me to trip over piping laid across the roof, and I scramble backwards on my hands and feet, attempting to distance myself from him.

He laughs at this, "There. Now you look like a real turtle. Crawling like the scum you are trying to flee your superior." He raises his sword and says, "I will honor you by hanging your shell in my trophy room."

I prepare myself for the strike that will end my life, and I say a silent prayer that I will be reunited with my family soon.

But the sword doesn't fall, and instead, Shredder yells in pain and I look up to see an arrow sticking out of his arm. He drops to a knee, and behind him stands a ghost.

"You will not win tonight, Oroku Saki," Master Splinter says angrily. "Tonight justice will be served for my master, Hamato Yoshi."

I scramble, gathering my sword and stand by Splinter's side, not sure if this is real, or I've died and gone to the after life.

But Shredder just laughs again, louder and with more enjoyment than before, "It all makes sense now. The fighting style was so familiar. So very much like my own. Splinter. My old rat."

He takes off his mask, and Splinter draws a sharp, surprised, and pained breath. The man is horribly burned, but Splinter obviously recognizes him. "No. It cannot be. You died."

"No," he shakes his head with a grotesque smile on his face. "Saki died in the explosion, and I saw the opportunity I always craved. Freedom. My own criminal empire here in America. It's why I came here in the first place. The Foot in Japan had become soft, but America was open for business. I would start my own branch, and I would make the greatest criminal empire the world had ever seen. The Foot sent Saki to stop me before I started. But obviously they failed."

Halfway through his speech, I realize what's happened. Oroku Saki has been dead for my entire life. The Shredder is Hamato Yoshi. The man my father idolized and respected. My entire life, hell, Splinter's entire life has been built on lies and deceit.

"So, rat, you've wasted your entire life trying to exact revenge on a man who's been dead and actually is more in line with your teachings than the man you wanted to avenge. This is an even sweeter victory than I ever could have imagined."

"Who says you're gonna win, Shred-head?" a voice comes from the door to the building. There stands Raph and my other brothers, bloodied but alive. "Last time I checked we got an undefeated record against your goons. Now it's your turn."

"Impossible," he mutters under his breath.

"Come on dude," Mikey laughs painfully. "We're six foot, walking, talking turtles. Now that's impossible."

"You're done, Shredder," I say, pointing my sword at him. "Give up or fall on your own sword. You decide."

"I'll take option three," he responds, pulling another thermite grenade, the same kind that engulfed April's house.

"No!" Donnie yells, sliding towards him and knocking the grande from his hand and over the side of the building.

I waste no time, I duck beneath a slash from Shredder's sword and drive mine through a weak part of his armor. I whisper in his ear, "Justice has been served."

Pulling out my sword, and with a quick flick of my wrists, I decapitate The Shredder. The leader of the Foot Clan. Hamato Yoshi. My surrogate grandfather.

I drop to my knees as Shredder's head rolls away from us, and my father and brothers embrace me as the world nears its end.

OOC:

Needless to say this would have been the climactic showdown at the end of the first season of the Turtles in the Independents game. Since that game is never going to work, I figured I'd just post it to show the twist I was planning on implementing with Shredder's identity.

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:38 PM   #227
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

So I've got a project idea I'm going to start this weekend. Started out as an idea for a Independents arc, but I'll morph it to be more of a standalone thing.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:41 PM   #228
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Don't jibba jabba about it! Do it! Do it!

Old 02-16-2012, 09:54 PM   #229
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
Don't jibba jabba about it! Do it! Do it!
I will, dangnabbit! I've got a big action sequence to deal with in OE first!

Old 02-19-2012, 12:00 AM   #230
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

The Gathering
Part 1

"I thought you said I was clear!" he yells into the communicator as he scrambles over a street vendor's stall, almost falling in the process. He turns to see the man in hot pursuit, and the vendor yelling obscenities in Arabic his way. The man glides smoothly over the stall and gains a little ground. "Damn this guy is good."

"I dunno what to tell you kid," his partner says on the other end of the line. "You were clear goin in. The guy doesn't match out records of the guards. And it looked like he was waiting for you to leave."

The man being chased hops onto a few crates and then jumps, barely grabbing a hold of a rooftop ledge. He climbs over it and springs to his feet, hoping he can get enough room between him and his pursuer.

But as he hops over an air conditioning unit, he turns to see the man come over the rooftop, "Damn, damn, damn, damn."

Coming to a drain pipe, he shimmies up it to a higher level, interupting a couple having a romantic nighttime dinner on a terrace. He accidentally knocks over their wine bucket and apologizes, "Sorry, folks! But hey, it'll be a story!"

Stumbling onto the roof, he almost falls as the shingles slide out from under his feet, sending a few cascading onto the streets below. He hears the faint shattering as they hit the ground, but manages to keep his footing and heads towards the opposite end. But he comes to a sliding stop after seeing the courtyard below, and the gap to the nearest ledge.

But the decisions is made for him, when he hears more shingles shattering, meaning the other man has reached the roof. He backs up and readies himself for the jump, "Ah hell. I need a new job."

He makes the leap easier than he anticipated, smashing though a set of shutters and rolling into a patron's room. A woman shrieks and covers up her bare bosom, while her partner starts to threaten me. Getting up and running towards the exit to the hallway he remarks, "Man I am such a cock block tonight."

Barreling down the hallway, the man's screaming intensifies, meaning his new friend made the jump as well. The one fleeing hopes the angry partner will slow the other down, but he wouldn't be on it.

He makes it down to the kitchen, but the seeker has caught up. In a desperation move, the man swings open a freezer door trying to knock the other down, but to no avail.

The two of them spill out into an alley, and finally, the man is cornered. He draws his weapons and points it at the aggressor, "I don't want to shoot you. But I will. There's no way I'm ending up in jail tonight. Or ever really."

"I wasn't planning on taking you to jail, Mr. Drake," the other responds in a British accent. He's masked in shadow, so Drake can't get a good look at him. But he's confident, that's for sure. And athletic. And probably knows hundreds of ways of killing Nathan. "But I must say, your reputation is obviously earned. You were not easy to catch."

"British? What are you, private security?" Drake asks, not caring for small talk. "Or are you someone hired to come after me for revenge? I hate those kinds of guys. And let me remind you, I'd rather not shoot you."

"I'd rather you not as well," the other laughs. But not an amused laugh. More of a cold, calculated laugh. A laugh that says, "If you tried, it wouldn't work". But he continues, "I'm not here to take that piece you just stole from you. No, on the contrary, I'm here to ask for your help."

Drake, while still uneasy, lowers his weapon, "You do know there are better ways of going about hiring me, right? Like maybe a phone call. Email? Text message? Anything is preferable to the whole rooftop chase. I do that too much as is."

"Yes, well, I needed to make sure of your prowess," the other man responds. "You are a professional, that's for sure. Most people would have needed at least one partner to pull of the heist you just did."

"I learned from the best," Drake says proudly.

"Indeed you did. Now, would you like to hear my offer? It's incredibly important and time sensitive."

"Sure," Drake nods. "But first, I'm at least gonna need a name."

"My name?" he says, stepping into the light.

"Bond. James Bond."

"So what's this important job you've got lined up?" Nathan Drake asks, taking a sip of beer and leaning back in his chair. He didn't very much trust the man sitting in front of him, but the urgency in the man's voice meant there could be a big pay day in line.

"I'm putting together an expedition for the United Nations," Bond responds, taking a sip of his own drink. A martini. A little frilly for Drake's taste, but the British man made it work. The guy just oozed class. The complete opposite of the rough-around-the-edges Drake. "We set out in a few weeks."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Victor "Sully" Sullivan says from the third chair at the table. Sully has basically been Nate's father for the better part of his life, and the man that taught Drake everything he knows. And he is not happy with what he's hearing, "I don't know if you realize, buddy, but we're not the most respectable people. Teaming up with people who would probably like to arrest us doesn't seem like that great of an idea."

"They're willing to overlook past transgressions for your cooperation," Bond says. "As well as providing hefty compensation."

Sully is about to protest more, but Drake waves him down, "Relax, Sully. So where are we headed. What are you looking for?"

"Have you ever heard of Hamunaptra?'

Drake lets out a chuckle, "Come on. That old bedtime story? Yea I've heard of it. Old city of the dead in Egypt. Lost for centuries until it was found in the 1920s. Supposedly some sort of evil magical force was awakened, defeated, and then the city was swallowed by the sands. You're kidding, right?"

"No, I'm not," he shakes his head. "And you know it had a sister city?"

"I know some British engineers came about something that the locals called Hamunaptra in India when building a railroad. But it's nothing more than some simple ruins."

"Yea, nothing of value was ever found there."

"Until recently...at least that's what we're led to believe," Bond says, sliding a folder over the table towards Drake. "I have to go. I have other places to be. But if you're interested, meet in London exactly one week from now. This will give you the location and some minor details."

Before either of the other men can speak, Bond excuses himself and leaves. Drake picks up the folder, noticing the small label in the top right corner, the only mark on the entire front, but says more than the man can understand.

"Kid," Sully says, looking at it too. "What the hell have you gotten us into?"

Old 02-19-2012, 12:08 AM   #231
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

An American in the League?! Blasphemy!

Old 02-19-2012, 12:13 AM   #232
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Quote:
An American in the League?! Blasphemy!
Deal with it!

The majority will be British characters.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:18 AM   #233
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Boo this man!!!

Old 02-19-2012, 12:21 AM   #234
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Quote:
Boo this man!!!

Old 12-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #235
SuperFerret
Class Act

"I was raised very religiously. I mean, growing up in rural Kansas, you kind of have to be. I'm familiar with the Bible, but it's only now, as an adult, that I understand Jesus Christ.

It must have been hard to be him, and I'm not even thinking of the people who hounded him and persecuted him. Every hero has his villains, I know that better than most, but for someone like Christ, someone like me, living up to your own legend is a much bigger cross to bear.

I'm sorry, I'm not too prone to quips like that. What I'm saying is that, while I don't doubt that he performed miracles (and let's be honest, we see miracles all the time these days), I think the accounts have been exaggerated, and I'm sure he knew that they were if my suspicions are correct. Imagine going to a place you've never been to before and the locals there are already worshiping you based on a story they heard about something you didn't actually do! I bet he dealt with that all the time, I know I do.

I admit, it's a bit egotistical to compare myself to Jesus Christ, but to be frank, I'm far from the first to do so. Also, I'm not claiming to be a messiah. I don't want that. What I'm saying is that I feel that Jesus didn't seek it out either. He was just a man, granted, an extraordinary man, who had some abilities and felt a need to show people how best to live by setting a good example. That's how I'd like to be remembered, as a good man who set an example, not canonized as a saint for embellishments and things I'm not responsible for.

Look, I'll give you an example. Last month, that bridge collapse in Russia? Everyone got off it before it fell. No casualties. Just dumb luck, but I get the credit there, even though I was in California at the time. It's pretty frustrating when that happens, when I'm given credit for something that's just plain luck, and that's really a tough act to follow.

I remember once, one of the younger guys, Kyle, told me that it's hard to live and work in my shadow. I told him, 'I know.' I don't think he quite got my meaning.

When I arrive on a scene, people act like the day is automatically saved, but it's not. People have died on my watch, and for all my power, I can't save everyone. When I fail, it's always met with surprise, and even outrage, like I had done it on purpose, or was lazy, or whatever. Those accusations cut deep. Forget Kryptonite, that’s my biggest weakness.

I just wanted to make the world a better place, but I’ve created a monster, and made my work harder for myself. I hope you don’t take this as some sort of self-torturing angsty monologue. I’m not that guy, trust me. I’m not the quitting type. I’m just an imperfect man with a perfect reputation, and even though I’ll never live up to the Superman that people have made me into, I’ll never stop trying to.

It’s the never-ending battle.”

Last edited by SuperFerret; 12-20-2012 at 09:10 AM.
SuperFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:55 AM   #236
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

Awesome.

Andy C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:11 AM   #237
SuperFerret
Class Act

Coming from you, Andy, that's high praise.

SuperFerret is offline   Reply With Quote