The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 02:55 PM   #976
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
I wouldn't mind Thor realising he HAS to cut lose (even risking some collateral damage and casualties) because if he didn't, worse would happen?

Of course, considering how he sacrificed himself in Thor, if Kurse is gunning purely for Thor, consistency-wise he'd do it again.

Of course, knowing that Malekith WON'T stop at Thor, he'd realise sacrificing himself is a poor option for Earth/Asgard/Nine Realms and then re-revert back to cutting lose-Thor.

Decisions, decisions. His head will hurt before the first punch.
I think you're right on all these points, even about his head hurting--lol! The reason I say that is that some of these consequences (collateral damage and, no doubt, casualties) occurred in The Avengers, and it probably weighs on him.

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 12-19-2012, 10:49 PM   #977
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
I think you're right on all these points, even about his head hurting--lol! The reason I say that is that some of these consequences (collateral damage and, no doubt, casualties) occurred in The Avengers, and it probably weighs on him.
True. But Thor certainly hasn't cut loose in the avengers, he hasn't in the MCU. The frost giant fight was the most power we've seen thor display. he was hostile, but not exactly cutting loose

Old 12-19-2012, 10:50 PM   #978
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
I'd be MORE hyped if we had a danged Movie poster already

we need SOMETHING. Still all we got is the set footage

Old 12-19-2012, 11:27 PM   #979
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

And are we ever going to see Loki?

Old 12-20-2012, 12:00 AM   #980
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

I wouldn't mind seeing Loki at the beginning of the first teaser....only to lead to showing other things.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:12 AM   #981
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Anyone thinking Celestials @ 1:12 mark?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/83f2ffc92...dteyo1_500.gif
Old 12-20-2012, 07:15 AM   #982
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Who, the Russian jaeger? Yeah, his "cooling tower" head looks like something the Celestials might've worn.

Luh-huv the Pacific Rim trailer. I especially love that GlaDOS from Portal is their AI.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 12-20-2012, 08:29 AM   #983
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Who, the Russian jaeger? Yeah, his "cooling tower" head looks like something the Celestials might've worn.

Luh-huv the Pacific Rim trailer. I especially love that GlaDOS from Portal is their AI.
I think the biggest question I have is whether or not the cake is a lie.

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- I'm not the type of person who gets pride from saying, "Look at me." I'd rather take a moment to step back and say to myself, "Look at my baby."
Old 12-20-2012, 11:53 AM   #984
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
Anyone thinking Celestials @ 1:12 mark?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Quote:

Yeah, I thought the same thing that it reminded me of the Celestials, and Pacific Rim does look pretty cool.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 12-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #985
Heat Vision
Banned User

I can't wait to see a teaser for this flick!

Old 12-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #986
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat Vision View Post
I can't wait to see a teaser for this flick!
Well hopefully we will get some sort of teaser with the Super Bowl, but I would even settle for a poster or some production art to hold me over for a little bit. That is the one problem with getting to see so much so early, it makes the waiting afterwards almost unbearable. Fortunately, though with Marvel now having multiple movies in the works so close together, if there is not news going on with one then it generally is not too long before you hear something about one of their other films. For me it does seem to help.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 12-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #987
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
we need SOMETHING. Still all we got is the set footage
Which I've yet to see.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 12-20-2012, 05:28 PM   #988
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Happy Holidays all!! I have to work all weekend and the library and center are closed all next week.

(my living room)

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 12-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #989
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Happy Holidays all!! I have to work all weekend and the library and center are closed all next week.
<nice photo deleted>
(my living room)
How cozy!

Hope you have good holidays, too, Vartha!

BTW, did you see the photo of the Thor tree ornament that Jaimie Alexander posted a while back??

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 12-20-2012, 07:58 PM   #990
elizah72
Side-Kick

Jelle Van de Weghe previs artist on Thor 2 just tweeted 2 hours ago

Jelle van de weghe ‏@Jellevdweghe
That's a wrap! #vfx #previs #thor2

https://twitter.com/Jellevdweghe

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4755877/

a couple more interesting past tweets from that guy...

12 June Jelle van de weghe ‏@Jellevdweghe
I'm working on so much cool **** right now. Boy,I would tell you all about it, if only I didn't have to sign like 50 nda's.

29 May Jelle van de weghe ‏@Jellevdweghe
I created such a sexy topology for a very famous character of a big upcoming film..wowza! #vfx

20 May Jelle van de weghe ‏@Jellevdweghe
will be working from Shepperton Film Studios tomorrow for the next couple of months.will be awesome,but might miss Soho.

So that middle one doesn't say Thor 2, but I'd say that he's probably referring to that, probably Kurse. (my guess, anyway)

Last edited by elizah72; 12-20-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:59 PM   #991
phlac
Side-Kick

Thanks for sharing the pic . Happy holiday's
Looking forward to more after the new year when filming resumes (for a few days).

Old 12-20-2012, 08:08 PM   #992
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Jelle Van de Weghe previs artist on Thor 2 just tweeted 2 hours ago

Jelle van de weghe ‏@Jellevdweghe
That's a wrap! #vfx #previs #thor2

https://twitter.com/Jellevdweghe

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4755877/
lmao you are killingme. all these posts about art and stuff, but no pictures. I read your post, and get excited thinking there's art. then i actually READ your post, and im like lol. im sure we'll get a teaser in february

Old 12-20-2012, 08:16 PM   #993
elizah72
Side-Kick

sorry you want me to stop posting anything?

Old 12-20-2012, 08:55 PM   #994
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
sorry you want me to stop posting anything?
lmfao no haha. Go ahead and continue posting, i'm just so eager for some art or something, we all are

Old 12-20-2012, 10:13 PM   #995
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

I'm surprise Thor/Cap movie haven't appear on CTV yet.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/83f2ffc92...dteyo1_500.gif
Old 12-21-2012, 08:20 AM   #996
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
lmfao no haha. Go ahead and continue posting, i'm just so eager for some art or something, we all are

Here's a few casting bits including possibly a new character named Fabyl?

http://www.castingcallpro.com/uk/view.php?uid=146664

and "Ice Giant" listed for this guy!
http://www.castingcallpro.com/uk/view.php?uid=482875

The rest of the listings, nothing really surprising here...
http://www.castingcallpro.com/uk/fil....php?uid=67379

http://www.castingcallpro.com/uk/fil....php?uid=67547

http://www.castingcallpro.com/uk/fil....php?uid=64611

http://www.castingcallpro.com/uk/cview.php?uid=61073

http://www.castingcallpro.com/uk/fil....php?uid=65327

http://www.castingcallpro.com/uk/view.php?uid=365889

also this lady playing a "villager" who I actually think was pictured in the bourne woods pics (looks like her anyway)
http://www.castingcallpro.com/uk/view.php?uid=380086

Last edited by elizah72; 12-21-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:31 AM   #997
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:

Here's a few casting bits including possibly a new character named Fabyl?

http://www.castingcallpro.com/uk/view.php?uid=146664

and "Ice Giant" listed for this guy!
http://www.castingcallpro.com/uk/view.php?uid=482875
Callum Flannagan (the first Ice Giant) is shorter than Christopher Drake (Fabyl) by half a foot!

Thanks for digging these up.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #998
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Callum Flannagan (the first Ice Giant) is shorter than Christopher Drake (Fabyl) by half a foot!

Thanks for digging these up.

well they do make them look bigger. There is one pic of Loki and Laufey behind the scenes and that actor is definitely shorter than Tom.... somehow makes Laufey much less intimidating. LOL I am excited though I was hoping to see what happened to the frost giants, or some involvement from them, so I'm thinking that's what he means... Frost Giants not Ice Giants. LOL

and I was at first thinking maybe the actor just put in a name for that character to look good, but I notice that he was listed as being in Captain America and did not give his character a name, more a general description, (Hydra soldier) so likely that is a new character with a name. He's good lookin' too!

Old 12-21-2012, 10:55 AM   #999
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Nice find on those casting calls, Elizah.

An Ice Giant (or more) is definitely new information. Wonder if he'll be truly giant-sized, as Ice Giants should.

"Fabyl" sounds like a name they'd give to a Dark Elf to me, so maybe he's a minor Dark Elf character --- a lieutenant or Malekith henchie of some sort.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 12-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #1000
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Nice find on those casting calls, Elizah.

An Ice Giant (or more) is definitely new information. Wonder if he'll be truly giant-sized, as Ice Giants should.

"Fabyl" sounds like a name they'd give to a Dark Elf to me, so maybe he's a minor Dark Elf character --- a lieutenant or Malekith henchie of some sort.
thanks!

he's really tall and hot though, so I'm actually wondering about a Light Elf possibly, or a young warrior with a name and at least some lines (either Asgardian or the other army). I dont think they'll be hiding that face in any case! and most of the Dark Elves seem shorter too.

I'd say Ice Giant or Frost Giant, that likely it's more than one, this guy doesn't have much for credits so likely to not be a speaking role for him. It could be from a trip to Jotunheim or the Giants are working with someone to take down Odin and Asgard after what happened in Thor1. I think having an "Ice Giant" different from what we've seen might be too confusing for the GA though, so I suspect he means Frost Giant, but we'll see.

Last edited by elizah72; 12-21-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Closed Thread