Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #726
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
But when the storm started, he did say he was not overly fond of what follows.
yeah, not "overly" fond, so does that mean he's at least a little bit fond? LOL

I meant by the latter that maybe Loki is trying the old "brother please" trick to get Thor to take his side against metal man and blue boy.

Old 12-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #727
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
yeah, not "overly" fond, so does that mean he's at least a little bit fond? LOL

I meant by the latter that maybe Loki is trying the old "brother please" trick to get Thor to take his side against metal man and blue boy.
I think Loki got as much support from Thor as he could realistically expect. But yeah, I can see that expression as an attempt to play on Thor's sympathies.

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 12-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #728
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think Loki got as much support from Thor as he could realistically expect. But yeah, I can see that expression as an attempt to play on Thor's sympathies.
There was an interview with Chris around the release of Avengers where he says basically that Thor is concerned that the other guys just want to imprison and kill Loki once they have the Tesseract, and Thor is trying to protect him from that, (and so one assumes that's why he's so fierce in the mountain fight with Iron Man and Cap, he thinks they may kill his brother when they are done with him)

Old 12-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #729
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Am I the only one that wants to see Loki declare his independence, become the second most powerful being in the universe and become the all around Master of Evil in the MCU? I mean someone has to fill the void left by Mephisto being the copyrighted property of another studio. Who better than Loki? I mean come on peoples, you can't tell me you don't want to see an utterly badass, ruthless Loki who is the ruler of his own realm, that being Hel, sorry Hela, and it's outer worlds and one guy you don't want to cross. Heck I'd like to see Loki be a match for Thanos and bring him to heel.

- It's not your exterior that should be the litmus test of your value but what's inside your heart.

"One loyal friend is worth 10 thousand relatives." - Euripides

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 12-20-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:38 AM   #730
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Am I the only one that wants to see Loki declare his independence, become the second most powerful being in the universe and become the all around Master of Evil in the MCU? I mean someone has to fill the void left by Mephisto being the copyrighted property of another studio. Who better than Loki? I mean come on peoples, you can't tell me you don't want to see an utterly badass, ruthless Loki who is the ruler of his own realm, that being Hel, sorry Hela, and it's outer worlds and one guy you don't want to cross. Heck I'd like to see Loki be a match for Thanos and bring him to heel.
Um... nope. Definitely don't want that. And I don't think Tom really wants to play that either. There is plenty of nasty villains for them to bring in for Thor to fight. It's going to get REALLY predicable and boring if they just keep up with good Thor fighting evil Loki the same ways over and over and over again. Been there done that. Now onto something new. A "new recipe with the same ingredients." It works keeping Loki evil in the comics but not so much for the movies, which is why the villains are so often killed off at the end of the film. Do you want that to happen to Loki? Just another supervillain to be dispatched by our hero and tossed aside after he's served his purpose just like almost any other bad guy that we've seen in a superhero movie? Nope. Better to have him walk the line between good and evil, maybe work with his brother some, but always have us questioning when or if he might fall again. That's so much more interesting to watch and I'm sure much more interesting for Tom to play.

Old 12-20-2012, 10:49 AM   #731
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think it could be a lot of fun, and Hiddleston would do a fine job with such material. (Charming sociopath would be another fun, scary direction) But I don't think they're going to go that way.

They might have Malekith be in such a totally evil role, though. (Hard to say whether he would be that powerful, though.)

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 12-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #732
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think it could be a lot of fun, and Hiddleston would do a fine job with such material. (Charming sociopath would be another fun, scary direction) But I don't think they're going to go that way.

They might have Malekith be in such a totally evil role, though. (Hard to say whether he would be that powerful, though.)
I don't know. A number of times Tom has spoken of needing to feel compassion for the character he's playing, and the predicament he's in, or he can't play it truthfully. And it sort of sounds like he had some trouble with that aspect of Loki in how he was in Avengers where there was so much less to feel compassion with Loki about. I think he'd have a hard time playing a full on evil Loki, or full on evil for evil's sake character. I dont think he'd enjoy it at all.

Loki aside, I remember one video interview about Deep Blue Sea where the interview said that Freddie didn't love Hester, and Tom actually looked a little hurt and surprised. He felt that he did love Hester, and explained some of the reasoning he'd built into Freddie's character for why he is how he is.... feeling compassion for the character and the predicament. So some may see Freddie as this jerk who doesn't really love Hester, and is sort of abusive, but Tom found the heart of the character and felt compassion for him. So I think he'd have a hard time just playing a totally cackling on rooftops villain with no redeeming qualities and nothing to have compassion with. And again, per a quote I did a few posts back, I really don't think he wants to play that.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #733
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Oh my God...now I just want to hug him. A grown woman should not be acting like this for the love of Tom...>_<
agreed lol

Old 12-20-2012, 11:12 AM   #734
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
no, god please no lol.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:16 AM   #735
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Stinking Thanos lover...

- It's not your exterior that should be the litmus test of your value but what's inside your heart.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #736
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Stinking Thanos lover...
yeah lol. But still, that aside, that's like, idk, not really Loki. It could be, but that role is already filled. I feel it would take away from Loki as well.

I would love to see him become just evil evil as well. But not in the sense where he is looking for universal physical power as thanos is. That role is already filled, I feel it would take away from both characters. Loki can rule a realm, and acquire to have his own realm, I think that's awesome. But aspiting to become the most powerful being in the universe? that's a Doctor Doom and Thanos thing, I would think

Old 12-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #737
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
yeah lol. But still, that aside, that's like, idk, not really Loki. It could be, but that role is already filled. I feel it would take away from Loki as well.

I would love to see him become just evil evil as well. But not in the sense where he is looking for universal physical power as thanos is. That role is already filled, I feel it would take away from both characters. Loki can rule a realm, and acquire to have his own realm, I think that's awesome. But aspiting to become the most powerful being in the universe? that's a Doctor Doom and Thanos thing, I would think
Would you say then that his ambition is little and full of childish need?

Old 12-20-2012, 11:31 AM   #738
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Would you say then that his ambition is little and full of childish need?

yes, because thanos and his buddy look beyond the earth to greater worlds the tesseract will unveil.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #739
elizah72
Side-Kick

Video of Tom telling us "absolutely nothing" about Thor 2 and Avengers 2.
http://video.uk.msn.com/watch/video/.../2iovwbsx?from=

Old 12-21-2012, 12:55 AM   #740
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Well, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'd like to see a Loki who's absolutely assured and confident. I want to see a Loki that wouldn't let the Hulk smash him like he did in the Avengers. Loki should have been able to have owned the Hulk not in a physical conflict but with his magic. I want to see a Loki that possesses conviction, not lacks it like Coulson had said. What I'm trying to say is that I want to see is Loki becoming a self made king free of the bonds of Asgard, his father, and any other influences whether good or evil, a man that's independent and can think for himself, one that is not terrorized with fear by anyone, not even Thanos.

Quote:

Video of Tom telling us "absolutely nothing" about Thor 2 and Avengers 2.
http://video.uk.msn.com/watch/video/.../2iovwbsx?from=
There's a video in the links on that page of a cat's reaction to Mario sound effects that has me chuckling.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 12-21-2012 at 01:19 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:58 AM   #741
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'd like to see a Loki who's absolutely assured and confident. I want to see a Loki that wouldn't let the Hulk smash him like he did in the Avengers. Loki should have been able to have owned the Hulk not in a physical conflict but with his magic. I want to see a Loki that possesses conviction, not lacks it like Coulson had said. What I'm trying to say is that I want to see is Loki becoming a self made king free of the bonds of Asgard, his father, and any other influences whether good or evil, a man that's independent and can think for himself, one that is not terrorized with fear by anyone, not even Thanos.

There's a video in the links on that page of a cat's reaction to Mario sound effects that has me chuckling.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Poor Kitty! but LOL!

Well I guess I do want assured and confident and with conviction, yes. I don't need to see him as a king though, that would mean that possessions and power bring self assurance etc... and I think they are trying to say that Loki is wrong in thinking that way. Also that is a very solitary life you have planned for him with no connections or influence from his family or anyone. I don't want that for Loki, honestly I think that sort of scenario would only breed more sociopathic behavior, as it generally does in real life. I want peace of mind and a place in the world for Loki, and I believe he (or anyone, really) needs to feel connections to people who care about him to get to that point.

Report from someone who knows a lighting person on Thor 2 supposedly... mildly spoilery but putting in tags anyway.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Quote:
Okay, for everyone FREAKING THE HELL OUT about “Thor 2” and Loki, let me put your mind at ease:
I can tell you that I know someone who worked on the set of “Thor 2”. He was actually at university with me and he got work with the lighting company on this particular flick. I can’t guarantee that his word is gospel, but he did tell me two things. And let me preface this by saying, he is a lighting tech. He has no real access to the full script and as a lighting tech, he isn’t required to know every single gory detail about the story (nor does he really care). He did tell me, however, that, yes, a main character does die; someone important. He said it was a heart-wrenching scene, but he assured me that my “Hiddles love will go untainted”.
He wasn’t very specific because, honestly, he doesn’t know. He never saw “Thor” and he was somewhat of a fan of the “Avengers”, but not a nerd like me. He also said he didn’t want to spoil me. He knows I’m a huge fan of Loki and he assured me that there is plenty of Loki love in this film.
When I asked him about “Avengers 2”, he said he had no idea and that he probably wouldn’t work on that film. Contractually, he’s not aloud to say anything (hence why I am not linking him/addressing him) about “Thor 2” and he shouldn’t have even told me that much.
He did say the costumes were pretty bangin’ tho. And that, as far as he could tell, Hiddles wore extensions, not a wig.
http://razmakaz.tumblr.com/post/38449420422/what-i-know-about-thor-2
She is wrong about the wig, the lady who made the wig is on twitter and has mentioned that he, and it sounds like almost everyone is in a full wig, but easy for the guy to get that wrong. Just means the wig wasn't obvious, which is good. LOL
"plenty of Loki love" huh? Dare we hope?

Old 12-21-2012, 08:43 AM   #742
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Oh great...there will be even more Hiddles related temptations radiating from this movie that will make it nigh impossible to quench my obsession. I was telling my mom that this fixation with an impossibly unattainable man is unhealthy and I guess I do mean it in some way. It would only be an acceptable thing for me if I was in a long term relationship or marrying Tom which is not bloody likely in my opinion.

I don't know, in my mind a happy villain is a dull villain though. The most memorable villains, however sympathetic, still have baggage on their backs and anger in their hearts.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 12-21-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:07 AM   #743
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh great...there will be even more Hiddles related temptations radiating from this movie that will make it nigh impossible to quench my obsession

I don't know, in my mind a happy villain is a dull villain though. The most memorable villains, however sympathetic, still have baggage on their backs and anger in their hearts.
But wait a minute, doesn't giving him a scenario that you have laid out for him above, make him a dull "happy villain?" It would seem that it does. what reason does he have to continue making interesting mischief in the world if he has a throne and all the power he wants and no longer those "childish needs" of approval of his family? None really...

I don't want him to be a "happy villain", I want him to be more of an antihero, he can have some peace of mind, a place in the world, and maybe work with Thor some, and still be a really interesting antihero. He could still have to deal with some torment from what he's done, betraying his family and brother, and still have jealousy and flaws and temptations to do the wrong thing. I think he'd be incredibly unpredictable and interesting at that capacity, it's hard not to make heroes boring, but he's one that I believe would not be at all. But if he's just another troubled vengeful villain, happy or not, the audience are going to see what he's up to in the first 10 mins of the film and it's all going to be too predicable in the story, ruining him as a character. IMO

Old 12-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #744
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Oh pshaw, he'd be anything but contented in my story I have been blocking in my mind. I picture him as more like a man caught up in a delusion of grandeur that he wants to make real. I'd want him to become much more dangerous because of his confidence. Then again I am the one who likes writing for villains more than heroes. They're so unrestrained, they're too much fun.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:14 AM   #745
elizah72
Side-Kick

Not my impression of what you said, sorry.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that. Definitely not interested in more of that scenario unless it's just hinted at as part of his personality and not a large part of the story. He's already been there done that "man caught up in a delusion of grandeur he wants to make real." thing. Time to move on and evolve and explore new territory with him, otherwise it gets too predicable and repetitive. JMO.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:17 AM   #746
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
So, to paraphrase Tolstoy, happy villains are all alike; every unhappy villain is unhappy in his own way?

Elizah said:
Quote:
what reason does he have to continue making interesting mischief in the world if he has a throne and all the power he wants and no longer those "childish needs" of approval of his family?
So actually, the original (translation) works here too: "Happy families are alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way"

Old 12-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #747
elizah72
Side-Kick

And I just want to add, Thor's group need someone like him, someone to keep them on their toes, and maybe occasionally pit them against each other, and Loki could certainly bring that. Thor, Sif, and the Warriors 3 need at least some personal conflict to keep them interesting to watch, otherwise it's sort of a best friends adventure club "love in" which will get boring fast. The audience tends to care more about characters and their relationships if they see them faced with and work through emotional conflicts too, as we've seen with Loki.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #748
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Quote:
Yes, Thomas, people have been saying nice things about you again...

For crying out loud how in the world did I miss this image!? I really do love him in this look as well as with his blond Hobbit hair.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #749
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Dec. 21, 2012 - Tom Hiddleston ‏@twhiddleston
Well blow me down and slice me with hot buttered toast. @SongsForTom this is amazing. Thank you! @youthmusic http://www.youthmusic.org.uk/tom-hiddleston
Oh, for chrissakes...

It was bad enough when a couple days ago he tweeted to that Thor2 poster artist that he was "very happy" with his "piece." It was all I could do to bite my tongue about that one.

Now he just tweeted the words "blow me" and "hot buttered" all together all willy-nilly with no concern for public safety or fangirl hysteria whatsoever!

It's like he's just tryin' to freakin' start something?!

I mean Tom... seriously... it's almost freakin' Christmas and you write tweets like that for your fangirls to see? Just...what, I ask you, just *what* are they going to do with that? Hmm?

I mean come on, Tom! Really? Seriously? This can only lead to trouble, you must know that.

*sigh* Okay, I forgive you.

Last edited by elizah72; 12-21-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:24 PM   #750
elizah72
Side-Kick

and lots of Tom tweets tonight, nice!

Quote:
ClaudiaCT ‏@MisterClaudia
@twhiddleston What is your favorite scene on Thor

Tom Hiddleston ‏@twhiddleston
@MisterClaudia When Odin says to Thor at the end: "You've already made me proud".
Awwwwww.... here's hoping for a moment similar to that for Loki in Thor 2.

and just found this...

and Jaqua99, before you say it, it's Tom's thread too! Not just Loki!

So...

Last edited by elizah72; 12-21-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Closed Thread