Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 05:20 PM   #51
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Sentinels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarilian View Post
Agreed.

The Sentinel featuring in the X-men training should definitely be the scale for the majority of Sentinels - however taking another cue from W&tXM i think the possibility of the 'Hunter' type could also be interesting. Seeing as most of the shots of the Sentinels would be from the 'alternate future' where Senitor Kelly (linking to the first film) would be alive - should Magneto die (would be intresting if the X-men have to save Magneto from the main villain)
Hm, that is pretty neat. I like the idea, if they keep it simple meaning I wuld hope they leave the whole 'making them more like mutants' idea is left out with the healing metal and claws and all that. No need for over complicating of them imo.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:00 AM   #52
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Master Mold? Or Nimrod?
I'd love to see Nemrod

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 10-19-2012, 05:02 PM   #53
Legion
Side-Kick

I'd love to see Nimrod..one of my favorite enemies!

Old 10-20-2012, 08:14 AM   #54
gkokujin
Side-Kick

I'd like to have sentinels this size

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/spotlight/emma21.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #55
Cagefighterkip
Mr. Golightly

Mark Millar says there are "robots" in the movie, so I'm sure we'll finally get Sentinels in a movie (X3 doesn't count).

Children are not born conservative bigots. They're molded to become them by their elders. Let's leave the world a better place, people.

Love and let love. Live and let live. #NOH8
Old 10-20-2012, 06:19 PM   #56
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cagefighterkip View Post
Mark Millar says there are "robots" in the movie, so I'm sure we'll finally get Sentinels in a movie (X3 doesn't count).
i wouldn't even call that POS thing we got in X3 a Sentinel

Old 10-21-2012, 10:24 AM   #57
Cagefighterkip
Mr. Golightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN =w= DAY View Post
i wouldn't even call that POS thing we got in X3 a Sentinel
Pretty sure we can label X3 in its entirety as a "POS" :P

Children are not born conservative bigots. They're molded to become them by their elders. Let's leave the world a better place, people.

Love and let love. Live and let live. #NOH8
Old 10-21-2012, 03:33 PM   #58
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cagefighterkip View Post
Pretty sure we can label X3 in its entirety as a "POS" :P
hahaha...true!

Old 10-21-2012, 05:07 PM   #59
magneto23
Side-Kick

I really like the idea of Nimrod. They could send him to the 60's to combat the efforts of the time traveler. I think they used Nimrod similarly in one of the episodes of TAS.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:18 PM   #60
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Big, giant, lumbering, fuchsia colored, Aztec head, sentinels or GTFO.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:25 PM   #61
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

I've tried to repress the entirety of X3 so I didn't remember that they even had sentinels.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #62
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Master Mold? Or Nimrod?
I assume they would want to include Master Mold, just so the story has a central villain, though I am wondering if Master Mold will be an A.I that controls the other Sentinels rather then a truly gigantic robot.

Last edited by The Overlord; 12-22-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:34 AM   #63
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
I assume they would want to include aster Mold, just so the story has a central villain, though I am wondering if Master Mold will be an A.I that controls the other Sentinels rather then a truly gigantic robot.
Thats a solid more grounded way of doing it. I wouldnt be against that happening.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:44 PM   #64
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
I assume they would want to include aster Mold, just so the story has a central villain, though I am wondering if Master Mold will be an A.I that controls the other Sentinels rather then a truly gigantic robot.
I think the central villain of DOFP will be a human behind the Sentinel program.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 12-22-2012, 02:58 PM   #65
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I think the central villain of DOFP will be a human behind the Sentinel program.
Except in the DOFP timeline, Sentinels rule over humans and try to exterminate mutants, so unless the human in charge of the sentinel program is a genocidal, power mad, megalomaniac who wants to rule the world, the evil A.I makes more sense.

The human created the Sentinels was Dr. Trask, he was presented as more misguided then flat out evil, so would this central human villain be? I think the A.I idea makes more sense because we already had two movies where a bigoted human was the main villain.

Old 12-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #66
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Except in the DOFP timeline, Sentinels rule over humans and try to exterminate mutants, so unless the human in charge of the sentinel program is a genocidal, power mad, megalomaniac who wants to rule the world, the evil A.I makes more sense.

The human created the Sentinels was Dr. Trask, he was presented as more misguided then flat out evil, so would this central human villain be? I think the A.I idea makes more sense because we already had two movies where a bigoted human was the main villain.
I don't know if they are gonna bring Artificial Intelligence (like AI controlling the city and conquering the world) into the movie since they are already using the concept of time travel, there will be sentinels (and maybe alternate universe too). There's just going to be a lot of sci-fi elements if the central villain is an artificial intelligence robot. The X-Men movies always felt realistic and the idea of having an AI as the central villain is not. Plus I doubt this movie will be really close to the comics version of Days of Future Past. I feel like they are going too far, if the main villain is an artificial intelligence.

Old 12-22-2012, 05:07 PM   #67
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:

I hope thats not lost.

Old 12-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #68
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
I don't know if they are gonna bring Artificial Intelligence (like AI controlling the city and conquering the world) into the movie since they are already using the concept of time travel, there will be sentinels (and maybe alternate universe too). There's just going to be a lot of sci-fi elements if the central villain is an artificial intelligence robot. The X-Men movies always felt realistic and the idea of having an AI as the central villain is not. Plus I doubt this movie will be really close to the comics version of Days of Future Past. I feel like they are going too far, if the main villain is an artificial intelligence.
The AI would a bit too much like Skynet in Terminator, even though DoFP came first (in the comics). You're right that it's also a bit much on top of all the other sci-fi elements. It's perhaps better as the work of a human or group of humans. I'm not sure where that leaves Mastermold though.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:36 PM   #69
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Except how would you have a human villain without him coming off as William Stryker 2.0? That's the problem, a lot of the human villains in X-Men are very similar to each other.

Also the Avengers was one of the biggest movies ever and it alien invaders and an evil Norse god as villains, so I don't think an evil A.I is over the top. There were plenty of over the top things in the comics.

Also why would they have a movie called Days of future Past and not have the story about preventing a Sentinel dominated future? That seems counter intuitive. So which human villain who want robots to over the world?

Now I think some could argue a Master Mold A.I would seem too similar to Skynet, but I am sure some people will say DOFP is too similar to Terminator regardless of that, because the stories have some similarities even without an evil A.I., even if DOFP was created first.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:26 PM   #70
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

They are already doing Sentinels and time-travel, I think that is enough especially this is part of the X-Men movie series and out of all the Marvel movie adaptations out there, X-Men is the one that feels very realistic. I don't think they should go all out and put all the sci-fi elements as much as they can in 1 movie, it would just be too much.

This movie is inspired from the comics, but it won't be an 100% accurate adaptation of the comic-book. I think the movie will be about preventing a Sentinel dominated future but it doesn't mean, Sentinels are gonna run the world on their own. There has to be someone who is behind the Sentinels program and I don't think it should be an emotionless Artificial Intelligence.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #71
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

I can see Master Mold being how the Venjix program was in PR RPM an a.i. that went out of control, wanted world domination and eventually enslave human/mutant kind w/the Sentinels doing its bidding. That would be an interesting way to include Master Mold, but you would still need a human being the creative genius behind it, but the human doesn't have to be a stryker 2.0...scientist are hired to do what they love which is to build, cure and create

Old 12-23-2012, 10:10 PM   #72
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I don't want to see Mastermold, I think Bastion would be a better choice as the central villain of the Sentinel dominated future.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:20 AM   #73
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkokujin View Post
I'd like to have sentinels this size

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/spotlight/emma21.jpg
I want the Sentinels to be huge.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:25 AM   #74
Filmboy
Banned User

Definately no CGI Sentinels please.

I'm not sure if I want them to be pink/purple as in the comics or simply silver? in colour to be more realistic.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:37 AM   #75
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't want to see Mastermold, I think Bastion would be a better choice as the central villain of the Sentinel dominated future.
Bastion's origins are very convoluted though, how would you transition him to the Silver Screen?

Closed Thread