The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 12-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #126
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

Default Re: Superman's power level - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
I like very much, but with Batman there, Superman's shine will be taken. Something like "Martian Manhunter, Superman lacks conviction. Give me control of his body so I can do what needs to be done."

"But Batman, only someone with 12th level intellect, unlimited willpower and strength of character surpassing Jesus could control someone at that distance!"

"I'm overqualified. Do it".

SIBO - Superman in body only
So you think Batgod will steal the spotlight at the end of JLA, a la Tony Stark in Avengers?

No chance.

TDK elbowstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:35 PM   #127
Superman141
Side-Kick

You guys think he'll still have Heat Vision in this movie?

Superman141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #128
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Yes.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #129
Superman141
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Yes.
Why so sure?

Superman141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #130
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman141 View Post
Why so sure?
I don't know. I just don't see someone like Snyder not including heat vision. Plus, it's one of Superman's most known and essential powers. I could see them dropping super breath before heat vision... and I don't see Snyder dropping super breath either. Could be wrong about the breath but I'm pretty sure about the heat vision.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #131
Heat Vision
Banned User

Quote:
I hope so. Otherwise, I'll have to change my username.

Heat Vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #132
TDK elbowstrike

Every adaptation, even Smallville and LOIS AND Clark new adventures had heat vision. I fail to see thew need to leave it out. And since Goyer is onboard too, he would advise against leaving that out.

And I hope his heat vision is like Cyclops optic blast in the X-Men movies; x1000 with actual mealting point heat. It shall be glorious!!!

Old 12-20-2012, 09:51 PM   #133
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat Vision View Post
I hope so. Otherwise, I'll have to change my username.
You must really love Superman

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:09 AM   #134
Redwolf
Side-Kick

I want Man of Steel to show Clarks powers progress. Letting the general public see that the more solar radiation he absorbs over the years the more powerful he becomes.

I want his power level (when he debuts as Superman to the world) to be at comic book level. I want to see super speed scenes similar to Smallville where everyone/thing around him is frozen/static as he takes action. I want an amazing battle between Zod and Superman where shockwaves occur, implying that they're not even going all out.

I'm tired of getting into debates with anti-Superman fanboys who use TAS Superman as an example of Superman's power levels. I'm not saying I want to see him move planets but I want the movie to show he is capable of doing more, but only if it is needed.

Redwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #135
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

About super speed: I've always liked the notion that in shorter bursts he can move and do things at super speed, but when going longer distances he can't. That way one can erase the thought or "why doesn't he do everything there is all at once".

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #136
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Over 9000!

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

TheIrishAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:08 PM   #137
TheHighlander
The Only One

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgaz View Post
That's kinda it for me. He's the original, the king daddy of superheroes, and IMO this needs to be conveyed on screen.

I don't want to see some young kid walking out of the movie in June saying that Superman was disappointing because Hulk is stronger than him, or Green Lantern flew faster, or whatever. Superman sets the precendent for all other superheroes.

@Highlander - I don't know if he should have 'infinite' power (I think even Superman needs an upper limit), but I like the idea of more realistic physics being applied to the consequences of Superman's powers. e.g. like Neo in the Matrix flying through the city at the speed of sound and cars flying into the air behind him because of air displacement and turbulence.
This was exactly what I was thinking!!!!!!!

That is why he can't fly at speed of light.. he still has mass.. and a LOT of it, so that creates a whole lot of problems if he uses his powers to its potential...

Neo was LIMITLESS... he was in full god mode... and even neo had many challenges...he couldn't do it all by himself... I believe neo was a very good portrayal of power abilities in a limitless way.

Still... Superman returns showed a very powerful superman.... but they need to make it clear that using his powers has consequences...

For instance... i would love to see a punch to the face like neo does to agent smith that would look like a nuclear explosion minus the actual heat. Show him all powerful and WHY HE CANT BE like that... and why its a struggle to control his power and the balance it comes with power.

TheHighlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:11 AM   #138
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHighlander View Post

That is why he can't fly at speed of light.. he still has mass.. and a LOT of it, so that creates a whole lot of problems if he uses his powers to its potential...

Neo was LIMITLESS... he was in full god mode... and even neo had many challenges...he couldn't do it all by himself... I believe neo was a very good portrayal of power abilities in a limitless way.

Still... Superman returns showed a very powerful superman.... but they need to make it clear that using his powers has consequences...

For instance... i would love to see a punch to the face like neo does to agent smith that would look like a nuclear explosion minus the actual heat. Show him all powerful and WHY HE CANT BE like that... and why its a struggle to control his power and the balance it comes with power.
"I feel like I live in a world made of cardboard. Always taking constant care not to break something. To break someone. Never allowing myself to lose control, even for a moment, or someone could die."

- Superman to Darkseid in JL "Destroyer"

I'd love to hear Superman say something like this in one of the movies.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:54 AM   #139
GreenKToo
In the fire

I'd like to see a scene of a youngish clark training/trying out his strength. He is in a military surplus graveyard, old tanks, trucks, etc, are all around.
He picks up a tank, then he holds it up with one finger just to see if he can. He shocks himself with that feat.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:09 AM   #140
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

I wouldn't want that one-finger thing. One because it would be pretty hard to balance a tank on one little finger, despite having super strength. Two because it just seems cheesy, like something you'd see in a Mighty Mouse cartoon.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:10 PM   #141
Indy1Jones
The Batfleck

Quote:
I think and hope so.

Indy1Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #142
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Me too. What about xray vision? If so how will they do it? Like Smallville or SR? Or a combination of both?

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Last edited by The Shield; 12-22-2012 at 01:19 PM.
The Shield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #143
elgaz
Side-Kick

SR's Xray vision wasn't very clear to me on screen, but Smallville's looks like airport scanners lol. I think somewhere between both of them would be a happy medium.

elgaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #144
elgaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHighlander View Post

Perhaps this is something MOS will portray on screen. Perhaps Clark has spent his whole life trying to NOT use his powers (because of the 'cardboard' world around him which he can damage too easily, and also because of Jonathan Kent urging him not to reveal himself). He may not know the limits of his own powers until he finally has to face off against someone who can take it - Zod. I'd be happy if they showed at least a little bit of the struggle that Clark undergoes in order to control his powers and their consequences.

elgaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:20 PM   #145
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I think Superman Returns got the X-Ray vision spot on

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #146
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Superman returns got more things right than people realize

Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:58 AM   #147
Project862006
Banned User

i cant wait for superman action scene specifically fight scenes in snyder's hands

still love this 300 action scene that was done in 1 take no cut aways
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #148
TDK elbowstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I think Superman Returns got the X-Ray vision spot on
They got the artic breath right too. His invulnerability was displayed in a cool way too. His heat vision in SR however was bland and not very stunning visually. They need to completely retool his heat vision and I can't wait to see what they came up with.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:18 PM   #149
\S/
The Real Steel Deal

I'd love to see a Superman on film that is super-smart. It's not something we've EVER seen.

Best example comes from an issue of Action Comics last year: Lois is gravely injured, so Superman reads and absorbs years of medical knowledge in five minutes, then performs surgery on Lois using his heat vision, x-ray vision, and his diamond-hard thumbnail.

Another scene comes to mind from Busiek's run: Clark's powers have increased, so he's placed entire volumes of information in microdots throughout novels he reads (microdots are real: information miniaturized small enough to fit within a period) to keep up with his new speedier level of reading.

I'd like to see this version of Superman that smart. Or, at the very least, realizing he's that smart and using that intelligence to find ways outside of punches when it comes to solving problems.

\S/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #150
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK elbowstrike View Post
Every adaptation, even Smallville and LOIS AND Clark new adventures had heat vision.
Heat vision wasn't featured in STM (though Supes presumably had the ability).

Dr. is offline   Reply With Quote