The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 12-22-2012, 09:50 AM   #26
sf2
Side-Kick

Default Re: How to defeat the villainous kryptonians?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
I'd like to see something similar to this..brains and brawn.

Supes, zod, and faora are throwing down just on the edge of metropolis. lots of collateral damage is happening. supes tries to balance the fight with saving innocents.
Supes is holding his own but is slowly wearing down from the pounding that the two kryptonians are unleashing on him. still, he battles on.

The military, along with dr. hamilton, are standing by. the military is unsure as of yet just what to make of superman, but hamilton trusts superman completely..

Once colonel hardy sees supes saving innocent bystanders during the fight, he understands just what superman stands for. He and hamilton stand shoulder to shoulder, watching the battle. Hardy has newfound respect for this ''alien''.

Dr hamilton breaks out a new experimental weapon he has been working on, and asks col. hardy to intervene on supes behalf.

Supes is tired and bloodied, but he won't fall. zod hits him again and again, with a force that would level mountains, but still he wont fall. Supes is on one knee an he refuses to go down an inch more. Faora then throws a punch and supes catches it in midair..

Hardy gives the order and The military opens fire on zod and faora. Its a ferocious barrage. when the smoke clears its seen that it hasnt fazed them a bit ( which the military already knew would be the outcome ) but it does get the duo's attention. The two turn from supes and blast the military with their heatvision. several tanks and men vaporize.

The military keeps firing. round after round is fired. They are trying to buy hamilton and superman the time they need. The noise is deafening. several jets swoop in and fire as well. three jets are seen crashing in flames.

Hamilton whispers very quitely. ''superman, now, get out of there'' as he prepares the weapon.
But, Zod and faora also hear the message over the bombs and tank shells exploding and instantly stop what they're doing. They turn toward hamilton, their eyes glow bright red..

Superman rises and blasts zod and faora off their feet with his superbreath and heatvision and then launches himself straight up at terrific speed.
Hamilton fires his weapon at the two villains. Zod and faora disappear screaming into the phantom zone..
Nice short story. But the ending still not very satisfying.

Old 12-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #27
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

I really just want superman to have a big "save the day" moment. With cheering people. Lol. That's what superman does after all

Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:26 PM   #28
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
I really just want superman to have a big "save the day" moment. With cheering people. Lol. That's what superman does after all
In a most stylish way. Like IM.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:25 AM   #29
Visualiza
What is a yout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
I hope superman has greater strength than the 2 villains. But the 2 villains are on the upper hand because they r ruthless and have armors, weapons and troops.
I think it could go either way. On the one hand, the filmmakers could make a point of Supes having superior strength/powers to Zod & Co. since he's been absorbing solar energy all his life, but the training and battle experience they have would at least make up for that, let alone the superior numbers.

Visualiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:45 AM   #30
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Well, since this is Supes' first showdown I imagine it'll be a combined effort with Supes ultimately getting help from the army (including Dr. Hamilton). Not that it should make him look weak, but rather to show that they'll fight beside him accepting him. It would also seem like the obvious thing to do with their own planet at stake.
I think Supes might need that final push from an outside source to help beat Zod and co. Again, since this is his first fight. And I'm sure they'll be imprisoned again somehow rather than be killed.

Old 12-23-2012, 06:56 AM   #31
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Well, since this is Supes' first showdown I imagine it'll be a combined effort with Supes ultimately getting help from the army (including Dr. Hamilton). Not that it should make him look weak, but rather to show that they'll fight beside him accepting him. It would also seem like the obvious thing to do with their own planet at stake.
I think Supes might need that final push from an outside source to help beat Zod and co. Again, since this is his first fight. And I'm sure they'll be imprisoned again somehow rather than be killed.
I dont recall any superhero needs help in their final battle. Movie wise. Spidey. No. Bat no. IM. No. But the so called the greatest hero need help...

No wonder every tom n dick can kick his ass easily.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:54 AM   #32
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
I dont recall any superhero needs help in their final battle. Movie wise. Spidey. No. Bat no. IM. No. But the so called the greatest hero need help...

No wonder every tom n dick can kick his ass easily.
1. Catwoman saved Batman from being killed by Bane. (TDKR)

2. Harry Osborn saves Peter Parker from Sandman and Venom. (Spider-Man 3)

3. Pepper Potts helps Iron Man defeat the Iron Monger by overloading the Arc Reactor in Stark Industries Building. (Iron Man)

4. New York Citizens help Spider-Man by distracting the Green Goblin and therefore preventing him from impaling Spider-Man while he was holding onto MJ and the Cart fulled with School Kids. (Spider-Man)

5. Peggy and the Howling Commandos save Captain America during his final raid on the Red Skull and his army. (Captain America: The First Avenger)

6. General Ross lends a hand to the Hulk by attacking the Abomination from his chopper. (The Incredible Hulk)

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #33
sf2
Side-Kick

Nevermind. U got me wrong. We dont know exactly how it play.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:20 PM   #34
Vagosnati
Vag-El

he will cook for them greek pastitsio.Greek food is deadly for Kryptonians.

Vagosnati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #35
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Nevermind. U got me wrong. We dont know exactly how it play.
He made his point clearly enough to your response however.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:12 PM   #36
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If the rumours are to be believed.Then there is no Phantom zone.The Kryptonian Jail is the Black zero ship and apparently Zod has taken control o it. So there is no Phantom zone projector in this universe.
I see the Kryptonians getting killed by the military with the help of Superman.Kinda like in Flyby

Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:28 PM   #37
Visualiza
What is a yout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If the rumours are to be believed.Then there is no Phantom zone.The Kryptonian Jail is the Black zero ship and apparently Zod has taken control o it. So there is no Phantom zone projector in this universe.
I see the Kryptonians getting killed by the military with the help of Superman.Kinda like in Flyby

I'm digging this idea.

Visualiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:44 PM   #38
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

guys, we all know there's only one way Superman will deal with the villainous Kryptonians...........

PUNCH 'EM IN THE FACE!!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:42 PM   #39
TyphoidDan
Side-Kick

How about if Zod is revealed to be nothing more than a pawn of Superman's girlfriend and is killed offscreen?
That would be great, don't you think?

TyphoidDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #40
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

bane was killed on screen
but yeah, thatd suck. lol. My least favorite part of tdkr

3. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Interstellar

Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:23 AM   #41
Jaxon
Side-Kick

Killing them in a sort of indirect way would be good. Put him in a situation where hehas the choice to let them die or it risks the lives of innocents. Superman needs a bit of grit, not this all blue american boy image, that's out dated.

Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:37 AM   #42
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
Killing them in a sort of indirect way would be good. Put him in a situation where hehas the choice to let them die or it risks the lives of innocents. Superman needs a bit of grit, not this all blue american boy image, that's out dated.

You mean something like how Ra's died in "Batman Begins"?

Personally, I don't think that a hero choosing to spare the life of his villain is outdated; I mean, the animated film "Superman vs the Elite" is a good example in terms of giving a great reason on why Superman chooses not to kill his enemies when he can.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #43
batlovescatDC
Tragic Love

I think that the government will probably want to take down the villainous kryptonians with a nuclear weapon, along with Superman because they will be suspicious that he has something to do with it as well. So that will be something else that Superman has to stop.

Superman taking down Zod will probably be a mixture of brute fighting and the Phantom Zone, I'd say.

batlovescatDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #44
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

have Superman wear a lead suit, have Zod strung up in a Kryptonite room, then have Superman come in and contentiously kick Zod in the nuts till he gives up lol

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:54 PM   #45
Binker
Side-Kick

Actually, what makes people think that kryptonite would be in this film? In fact, since we don't know and have only seen a very small fraction of his powers (cracks on the ground when he takes off to fly; he feels the slamming on the bank vault), the Superman/Zod fight could be anything, including Superman and Zod actually fighting each other with one being exhausted and the other being exhausted more than the other. Like a real fight, but this time, between those with super strength and durability of the skin.

Binker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:59 PM   #46
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

I don't want to see Kryptonite in this film. I'm not sure I want it in the next one, either.

The Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:11 PM   #47
mjbull23
Beyond Good and Evil

Umm, lemme see. I'll go with post #12, option 4.

Old 12-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #48
Binker
Side-Kick

BTW, just to clairfy: there is a scene where a ship is leaving Krypton, and that must be how Zod leaves in the first place (you have to remember that the ship that brought Kal-El to earth is in the Kent farm (from the SDCC trailer), still wondering how Jor-El appears on Earth, though). Perhaps the Phantom Zone doesn't exist in the MOS universe? If that's the case, then that would mean Zod would have to be defeated in some way that would mean he would never appear in the films again.

Binker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:44 AM   #49
Rowsdower!
THE WALL

I'm thinking the Phantom Zone doesn't exist in this universe. I think that's why Zod has a ship. I figure he used it to escape from Krypton and that's why he's still alive with Faora (and possibly his crew) while all the other Kryptonians are dead. The Phantom Zone was really just a clever plot device to keep a few Kryptonians alive, so if they escaped Krypton some other way, there's really no need to include it into the story.

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:10 PM   #50
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
BTW, just to clairfy: there is a scene where a ship is leaving Krypton, and that must be how Zod leaves in the first place (you have to remember that the ship that brought Kal-El to earth is in the Kent farm (from the SDCC trailer), still wondering how Jor-El appears on Earth, though). Perhaps the Phantom Zone doesn't exist in the MOS universe? If that's the case, then that would mean Zod would have to be defeated in some way that would mean he would never appear in the films again.
If the Phantom Zone doesn't exist then I'm really curious about the scene that was in the CC trailer showing supes in a pile of skulls. Maybe the phantom zone is on the space ship in some way. I don't know.

DaJanksta is offline   Reply With Quote