The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 08:49 PM   #951
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Tumblr, on a page dedicated to Doc Ock.
Tumblr

#wtF

#IbelieveinBatfleck2k16
Old 12-05-2012, 01:57 AM   #952
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aracno_8000 View Post
Thanks man
The movie you're asking it's called Brothers. It's a dramatical movie, and Tobey did a GREAT work on it...he's a really good actor
Still, i like more Garfield for a Peter Parker movie
Thank you

Old 12-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #953
Aracno_8000
Dreamer Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Thank you
You're welcome

Old 12-05-2012, 12:47 PM   #954
Ajendo
Side-Kick

I'm going to re-watch the original Raimi movies to get some and refresh my perspective.

Tyrion: I wish to confess...
Old 12-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #955
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajendo View Post
I'm going to re-watch the original Raimi movies to get some and refresh my perspective.
Hope you like them this time, at least the first

Old 12-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #956
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

Quote:
Unseen personal photos of Otto and Rosie;

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Thats fantastic! *high fives*

Old 12-12-2012, 01:01 AM   #957
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

I'm watching the original again, and I think it's an overall superior film to TASM. It doesn't have the visual polish of the new flick, but the plot is better.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:55 AM   #958
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Predator View Post
I'm watching the original again, and I think it's an overall superior film to TASM. It doesn't have the visual polish of the new flick, but the plot is better.
This

Old 12-16-2012, 03:44 AM   #959
Spidey_62
Eeeeeeeeeeelectro

Movie Spidey with movie Wolverine: an old Wizard cover by Joe Jusko.

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Twitter. Instagram. YouTube. DeviantArt.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #960
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Predator View Post
Agreed

Old 01-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #961
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

To date SM2 still has the best interpretation of Doc Ock. He's not that interesting of a villain in the comics, but the movies really beefed him up brought to life by Molina's terrific performance. He's so much more three dimensional.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #962
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Love it! Makes me nostalgic of the old days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
To date SM2 still has the best interpretation of Doc Ock. He's not that interesting of a villain in the comics, but the movies really beefed him up brought to life by Molina's terrific performance. He's so much more three dimensional.
While I think he is a great villain in the comics, Molina really brought it to a new level. I love the look too with the trenchcoat. One of the greatest movie villains ever in my eyes.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #963
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Just watched the entire trilogy... including the video games and soundtracks, etc over the last month or so.

I got the urge after watching The Amazing Spider-man (whatever that says about that movie).

I still love it overall and it's a shame it was cut short. I mean, Spider-man 3 is such a love/hate movie for me. The good bits are really good... but the bad bits are just BAD!

Oh and I liked Kirsten Dunst in all three movies... so, yeah.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 01-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #964
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Not to turn this into another pointless comparison, but as a Raimi trilogy fan, I think ASM did some pretty good stuff. I think given the way that Superhero movies have evolved, as well as technology, I think they did a good job and I've actually interested to see where things go in the sequels.

But with that said, I caught the first film on TV a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't help but think about just how much I love the film and that trilogy. I think there was just so much right with that film that people seem to overlook now because of where the third one ended, and because they forget how the industry was at the time. I still like the casting of Tobey because he really had that dorky look to him even after he became Spider-Man.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #965
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
Not to turn this into another pointless comparison, but as a Raimi trilogy fan, I think ASM did some pretty good stuff. I think given the way that Superhero movies have evolved, as well as technology, I think they did a good job and I've actually interested to see where things go in the sequels.

But with that said, I caught the first film on TV a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't help but think about just how much I love the film and that trilogy. I think there was just so much right with that film that people seem to overlook now because of where the third one ended, and because they forget how the industry was at the time. I still like the casting of Tobey because he really had that dorky look to him even after he became Spider-Man.
I agree with just about everything you said. I love, and I mean LOVE the Raimi trilogy probably more than any other superhero movie franchise. And also as a Raimi fan, I think the new franchise is great, too... it has so much potential IMO.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 01-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #966
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
Molina was awesome, best villain in the trilogy, but I call BS on the comic book version not being that interesting. The comic version is awesome, and a lot of the comic book version was packed into Molina's Doc Ock;

http://molinaock.blogspot.ie/

- The Joker
Old 01-07-2013, 08:44 PM   #967
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post

Oh and I liked Kirsten Dunst in all three movies... so, yeah.
I liked her too..didn't love but did like.
Quote:
I surprisingly liked TASM, not as much as Raimi's trilogy. It did do alot of interesting stuff and I like it because it is different than Raimi's. As a Spidey fan I want to see him on the big screen and have his stories told in different ways. I think Emma Stone is a fantastic Gwen Stacy. It seems as technology evolves though everything looks darker.

I see alot of potential in a sequel. And loved the shadow of Norman in the first film. Kinda the reverse of Raimi's trilogy with the shadow being in the 2nd and 3rd films instead of the first.

Quote:
Molina was awesome, best villain in the trilogy, but I call BS on the comic book version not being that interesting. The comic version is awesome, and a lot of the comic book version was packed into Molina's Doc Ock;

http://molinaock.blogspot.ie/
Awesome Joker! I'm saving that link. Ock is definitely awesome in the comics, especially considering the most recent events.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:48 AM   #968
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I liked her too..didn't love but did like.
I thought she was beautiful in the first movie, with the darker red hair... and while she never looked as good in the sequels her performances were always consistent. Yet most fanboys seem to think shes the anti-chirst.

Not to mention I liked her arc in Spider-man 3...

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 01-08-2013, 07:35 AM   #969
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I thought she really looked great in the first movie. My only complaint about the character was the end, where suddenly she was in love with Peter and decided to tell him at Norman's funeral. I remember calling BS on that when I first saw the movie, but I guess since it's a movie it's okay.

But after watching SM2 for like 100 times, I was a little disappointed that we never saw MJ interact with Spider-Man until the end. And I feel like most of the problems with MJ in SM3 were not Dunst's fault, but rather just the way she was written. I never understand how people can get angry at an actor doing their job, as if they have the final say in what their character does storywise.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:01 PM   #970
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post

Nice.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #971
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

Quote:

Honestly,I liked ASM,but I just can't seem to get behind this new series. I didn't have the same drive to follow the first ASM film or it's upcoming sequel,that I did for each of Raimi's films...esp. part 3. For me,the Raimi trilogy will always be the best. Yes,each film had flaws,but overall I love each and every movie. Maybe it's because they were the first time Spidey was on screen,or because of nostalgia reasons or because of all the great personal memories each movie gave me or perhaps the movies themselves were just that great,fun and epic for me. Most likely it's all those reasons. For example,I like to collect my share of Spidey memorabilia,but really only go after statues,posters;etc from the original trilogy. In fact I'm still looking for that rare Spidey vs. Ock statue from part 2.

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007
Old 01-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #972
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom75 View Post
Honestly,I liked ASM,but I just can't seem to get behind this new series. I didn't have the same drive to follow the first ASM film or it's upcoming sequel,that I did for each of Raimi's films...esp. part 3. For me,the Raimi trilogy will always be the best. Yes,each film had flaws,but overall I love each and every movie. Maybe it's because they were the first time Spidey was on screen,or because of nostalgia reasons or because of all the great personal memories each movie gave me or perhaps the movies themselves were just that great,fun and epic for me. Most likely it's all those reasons. For example,I like to collect my share of Spidey memorabilia,but really only go after statues,posters;etc from the original trilogy. In fact I'm still looking for that rare Spidey vs. Ock statue from part 2.
Couldnt agree more, ASM has grown on me hugely since I first watched it, but I dont have the excitement for ASM2 that I had for Spidey 2 and 3 for that matter. Raimi's origin movie just did so many things better and light, fun movie were as ASM could be a bit of a downer a lot of times throughout. Something about ASM just doesnt click with me the way it did Raimi's movies.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(4)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(5)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(6)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(7)Godzilla-8(8)Neighbours-8(9)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(10)The Lego Movie-7.5(11)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(12)Robocop-7.5(13)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(14)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(15)47 Ronin-6(16)The Monuments Men-5(17)Ride Along-5(18)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 01-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #973
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Awesome Joker! I'm saving that link. Ock is definitely awesome in the comics, especially considering the most recent events.
I'm glad you like it because I wrote it

- The Joker
Old 01-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #974
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
This, and his role in Spirit of Vengeance
Make me laugh real hard at the mere thought of it happening
Oddly he was the only thing I liked about Kick-Ass....him & Hit Girl.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #975
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom75 View Post
To be honest, I didn't follow ASM at all, and haven't really done so for ASM 2 yet either. I've kept up to date with some of the recent casting news, but I haven't spent most of days looking for new information like I did for the Raimi films.

But I think what interests me is just the fact that they can do so man different things with this new franchise. Like I would love to see how they do Gwen's death and how they introduce Norman and the Green Goblin. Personally, the news of Electro has gotten me less excited because I don't care about the character, and because it seems like they're saving the Goblin and death for the final film. But I really want to see if they can make the Goblin be this franchise's version of Ledger's Joker, even though I think Dafoe did a perfect job as Norman and the Goblin, outside of the "Power Ranger" suit.