The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Old 10-16-2012, 02:21 AM   #626
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Makes him an easy target though

Old 12-22-2012, 07:34 AM   #627
Christopher_M
League of Shadows

if Cobie Smulders can play Agent Maria Hill with a comedy series being her resume.. why not hire Ellie Kemper as another S.H.I.E.L.D agent? while Sharon Carter isn't a good fit but Bobbi Morse/Mockingbird or Daisy Johnson/Quake...

Christopher_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:05 PM   #628
MLSkinner
Side-Kick

I like rachel weisz as the scarlet witch. She looks perfect for the part and is a fantastic actress. she's already portraying the wicked witch in the upcoming Oz movie and looks the part and she looks every bit like how I imagine wanda.

Last edited by MLSkinner; 12-22-2012 at 04:13 PM.
MLSkinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #629
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

If any character should get an actress from a comedic TV show it should be Wasp. She should be a comedic relief character like she was in Avengers: EMH, that version of the character is my favorite.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:00 PM   #630
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

I personally think Spider-Man should appear in a sequel.

I'm Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:07 PM   #631
Jordacar
The Endless One

I'd be over the moon if they got Anna Kendrick or Alison Brie for Wasp. Kendrick's chances are good with Edgar Wright's directing AntMan.

If you're looking for justice, you've come to the wrong place.
Jordacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:22 PM   #632
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
I personally think Spider-Man should appear in a sequel.

Spider-Man is not going to be in The Avengers because Marvel doesn't own his rights. Sony does. And no, they're not going to sell him back or share him.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:30 PM   #633
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000
Spider-Man is not going to be in The Avengers because Marvel doesn't own his rights. Sony does. And no, they're not going to sell him back or share him.
Glad your crystal ball works better than anyone else's...

If it happened, it would require a lot of negotiations and sharing of the cost and profits, but I can see it as beneficial for both parties, because if Avengers 2 does even close to the numbers Avengers did, that could be a boost for Amazing Spider-Man 3.

I'm Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:41 PM   #634
MLSkinner
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
Glad your crystal ball works better than anyone else's...

If it happened, it would require a lot of negotiations and sharing of the cost and profits, but I can see it as beneficial for both parties, because if Avengers 2 does even close to the numbers Avengers did, that could be a boost for Amazing Spider-Man 3.
you're right. sony would be leaving alot of money and exposure for future spider-man films if they don't let marvel/disney use spidey. same goes for fox with their marvel characters. if these studios care about money, why not?

Old 12-23-2012, 07:57 AM   #635
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSkinner View Post
you're right. sony would be leaving alot of money and exposure for future spider-man films if they don't let marvel/disney use spidey. same goes for fox with their marvel characters. if these studios care about money, why not?
Match them up

Old 12-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #636
Christopher_M
League of Shadows

totally on board for Alison Brie or Anna Kendrick for Wasp.. great actresses that would have the wit to carry the character..

if Marvel wanted a more dramatic actress for the role of Mockingbird.. Kelly Reilly would be a decent choice recently getting attention from her performance in Flight which starred Denzel Washington (Oscar buzz?).. her big break started out with Joe Wright's Pride & Prejudice alongside future comic book film hopefuls Keira Knightley (Captain America/Dark Knight Rises) and Rosamund Pike (X-Men First Class/Man of Steel)...not to mention also sharing screen time with Tony Stark (RDJ) and Magneto (Fassbender) in Sherlock Holmes 1-2/Eden Lake.. she even did a TV movie with Bane/Mad Max Tom Hardy..Kelly also worked with Tom Hiddleston in Othello basically the play that helped him earn the Loki role..

Old 12-23-2012, 12:01 PM   #637
Christopher_M
League of Shadows

Ruth Wilson (Anna Karenina, Luther, Lone Ranger) had been "rumored" for Ms. Marvel from an unreliable source.. but would be a better fit for either Enchantress or Scarlet Witch.. I feel like making Scarlet an Asgardian (not a mutant) would be a good way to get around the X-Men problem.. considering Kevin Feige has said they can use her and Quicksilver in Avengers films only.. playing Alice in Luther also opens the door for her to play a villainess which at the moment doesn't really exist in the MCU.. I know Hemsworth wants Charlize Theron for Echantress but Ruth already has an in with Disney starring in The Lone Ranger.. plus working with both Thor alum Idris Elba and Tom Hiddleston couldn't hurt her chances for future Marvel roles..

Old 12-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #638
Christopher_M
League of Shadows

Quote:
I guess you haven't been following that the Oscorp building was going to be in Avengers but they had finished post-production on the city skyline so that hint/link was cut-out.. Marvel Entertainment helped the production of Amazing Spider-Man tenfold compared to the original Sam Raimi films..if you look at the new Spider-Man cartoon they already set him up to join S.H.I.E.L.D. his parents had been revealed in the comics as agents..wouldn't be shocked if that's the big reveal in The Amazing Spider-Man sequels.. yes Sony owns him but having him in Avengers sequels is an excellent way to promote the Spidey brand and sell more tickets to future solo films.. X-Men producer Lauren Shuler Donner already wants to have their mutant characters join the Avengers.. so why wouldn't Sony do the same if it only helps their films?

there's also Norman Osborn who get's control of S.H.I.E.L.D. and turning it into H.A.M.M.E.R. I mean there are a few angles they could bring Spidey into the fold.. as long as Sony was able to use things in their films like naming characters and sharing S.H.I.E.L.D... it could open the door to a bigger Marvel Cinematic Universe.. something I believe is already happening over at Fox with The Wolverine ushering in their new shared universe similar to how Spidey is being rebooted he could easily slide into the world of the Avengers..Feige has mentioned Civil War for Avengers 3 and they'll need characters like Wolverine and Spider-Man for something like that.

Last edited by Christopher_M; 12-23-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #639
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher_M View Post
I guess you haven't been following that the Oscorp building was going to be in Avengers but they had finished post-production on the city skyline so that hint/link was cut-out.. Marvel Entertainment helped the production of Amazing Spider-Man tenfold compared to the original Sam Raimi films..if you look at the new Spider-Man cartoon they already set him up to join S.H.I.E.L.D. his parents had been revealed in the comics as agents..wouldn't be shocked if that's the big reveal in The Amazing Spider-Man sequels.. yes Sony owns him but having him in Avengers sequels is an excellent way to promote the Spidey brand and sell more tickets to future solo films.. X-Men producer Lauren Shuler Donner already wants to have their mutant characters join the Avengers.. so why wouldn't Sony do the same if it only helps their films?

there's also Norman Osborn who get's control of S.H.I.E.L.D. and turning it into H.A.M.M.E.R. I mean there are a few angles they could bring Spidey into the fold.. as long as Sony was able to use things in their films like naming characters and sharing S.H.I.E.L.D... it could open the door to a bigger Marvel Cinematic Universe.. something I believe is already happening over at Fox with The Wolverine ushering in their new shared universe similar to how Spidey is being rebooted he could easily slide into the world of the Avengers..Feige has mentioned Civil War for Avengers 3 and they'll need characters like Wolverine and Spider-Man for something like that.
that. just. won't. happen.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #640
Christopher_M
League of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
that. just. won't. happen.
says you lol I mean Sony, Fox and Marvel are the ones who will decide this not us.. it comes down to money and if Sony/Fox can make a profits on Avengers sequels they'll take that money with a smile on their faces..because they don't have to spend a cent on production/promotion...it's a $1.5 billion dollar hit (plus another $67m plus in home video/vod) which is expected to make the same amount if not more with it's sequel... Disney/Marvel have a lot of money to play with so anything is possible

Old 12-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #641
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:
Ruth Wilson (Anna Karenina, Luther, Lone Ranger) had been "rumored" for Ms. Marvel from an unreliable source.. but would be a better fit for either Enchantress or Scarlet Witch.. I feel like making Scarlet an Asgardian (not a mutant) would be a good way to get around the X-Men problem.. considering Kevin Feige has said they can use her and Quicksilver in Avengers films only.. playing Alice in Luther also opens the door for her to play a villainess which at the moment doesn't really exist in the MCU.. I know Hemsworth wants Charlize Theron for Echantress but Ruth already has an in with Disney starring in The Lone Ranger.. plus working with both Thor alum Idris Elba and Tom Hiddleston couldn't hurt her chances for future Marvel roles..

I'm a huge fan of Luther (and of Wilson) but no way is she hot enough to play either character. She's a damn fine actress but these roles need both talent and looks.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:25 PM   #642
MLSkinner
Side-Kick

Fox doesn't own the word or term mutant. If wanda is called a mutant in the avengers movies fox can't do anything about it. I've heard the word mutant in so many movies in the last few years, especially on the sy-fy channel. just like disney/marvel doesn't own the word super-soldier, it was just used in the bourne legacy movie.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:13 PM   #643
Chewy
REDACTED

Every time someone mentions Spider-Man in this thread an angel loses its wings

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:14 AM   #644
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

That goes for Scarlett Witch/Quicksilver too

Old 12-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #645
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

...dramatically, how would Mockingbird be made distinct from the Widow? Besides blonde hair, that is? Both are top-notch spy/martial artists, etc. Seeing the battle-sticks in action would be cool, but how to make sure this isn't just Widow version B?

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #646
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
That goes for Scarlett Witch/Quicksilver too
Why?
At least with the Spider-Man/Wolverine arguments, we *know* that other studios have the rights to the characters and have built box-office franchises around them. As for Wanda & Pietro, NOBODY has put them on film yet. And Feige specifically stated long ago that they're legally available to both Marvel Studios for Avengers AND to Fox for X-Men.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:34 PM   #647
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:

I knew about the Oscorp thing, but that was merely the image of a building, not a character. These studios jealously guard their sole right to use the Marvel characters they have licensed because of the monetary and legal concerns. While allowing crossovers between studios might seem logical to fans, there are so many complex legal issues involved that none of the other studios is ever likely to allow it.

You have only to look at the example of Marvel trying to bargain with Fox for the right to use Galactus & The Silver Surfer in its films. Marvel was willing to allow Fox to keep the rights to Daredevil longer than their contract allowed in exchange for use of the characters. Even with that major concession on the table, Fox refused to accept the deal. Fox allowed Daredevil's rights to revert to Marvel, even though they had a director and writer hired for the reboot, rather than simply share a couple of characters on a limited basis.

Now I ask you, does that make it seem likely that the other studios will ever be willing to allow their characters to appear in Marvel films? Allowing villains from the Fantastic Four to appear in Marvel Studios' films would have been an excellent promotional opportunity for Fox, particularly in light of how poorly its previous FF films fared at the box office. Yet they passed on the deal, and in the process gave up another franchise as well. There must be some very powerful legal disincentives preventing deals like this from being made. Therefore, I don't think a crossover is ever going to happen.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #648
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
...dramatically, how would Mockingbird be made distinct from the Widow? Besides blonde hair, that is? Both are top-notch spy/martial artists, etc. Seeing the battle-sticks in action would be cool, but how to make sure this isn't just Widow version B?

Mockingbird/Bobbi Morse is also a scientist and researcher at SHIELD, not merely an agent. The writers could play with that aspect of the character, which has been long neglected (or forgotten) in the comics universe.

Old 12-25-2012, 07:53 AM   #649
Christopher_M
League of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSkinner View Post
Fox doesn't own the word or term mutant. If wanda is called a mutant in the avengers movies fox can't do anything about it. I've heard the word mutant in so many movies in the last few years, especially on the sy-fy channel. just like disney/marvel doesn't own the word super-soldier, it was just used in the bourne legacy movie.
however, they do own the mutant "term" when it applies to "Marvel characters".. the deal includes a majority of X-Men canon characters and mutants.. Namor being one of the only mutants Fox can't use because he was around before X-Men even existed.. unless Fox let's them call her a mutant she won't be..

Old 12-25-2012, 07:57 AM   #650
Christopher_M
League of Shadows

Quote:
I knew about the Oscorp thing, but that was merely the image of a building, not a character. These studios jealously guard their sole right to use the Marvel characters they have licensed because of the monetary and legal concerns. While allowing crossovers between studios might seem logical to fans, there are so many complex legal issues involved that none of the other studios is ever likely to allow it.

You have only to look at the example of Marvel trying to bargain with Fox for the right to use Galactus & The Silver Surfer in its films. Marvel was willing to allow Fox to keep the rights to Daredevil longer than their contract allowed in exchange for use of the characters. Even with that major concession on the table, Fox refused to accept the deal. Fox allowed Daredevil's rights to revert to Marvel, even though they had a director and writer hired for the reboot, rather than simply share a couple of characters on a limited basis.

Now I ask you, does that make it seem likely that the other studios will ever be willing to allow their characters to appear in Marvel films? Allowing villains from the Fantastic Four to appear in Marvel Studios' films would have been an excellent promotional opportunity for Fox, particularly in light of how poorly its previous FF films fared at the box office. Yet they passed on the deal, and in the process gave up another franchise as well. There must be some very powerful legal disincentives preventing deals like this from being made. Therefore, I don't think a crossover is ever going to happen.

I can't speak for Sony which I have hope it will happen because of the "strong" relationship between Marvel/Sony over TASM production...However, direct quotes from Fox producer Lauren Shuler Donner..you can't really fight this when it's coming from the people who will make it happen lol I was also speaking of X-Men and Spidey.. I never did mention SS or Fantastic Four.. btw the legal issues are being worked on by Disney lawyers to figure out how to get them back or bring them into the fold (cameos) without rights being in question....deals can be made it's entertainment and these films aren't parodies or box-office-bombs in the making.. it's a billion and a half dollar franchise pure win-win for both studios..

Q: Now that The Avengers has done so well, it seems like the other studios with Marvel properties can see the advantage of making a deal. Can you see a world where this generation of X-Men could be in an Avengers movie?

Lauren Shuler Donner: I would love it. I would love it. I personally have close ties to Marvel because of Kevin Feige, because Kevin worked for me. But to take our characters and mingle them in the way that they were written, yeah, absolutely.

when it comes to Surfer and Galactus Marvel wanted them for Guardians of The Galaxy but have moved on without them obviously...plenty of existing cosmic characters or new ones Marvel can create... I feel like Fox would need them to beef-up their new Fantastic Four franchise..even with a slew of awesome villains that have never been used..Daredevil wasn't a character the studio had faith in or they wouldn't have waited till the rights were on the chopping block before trying to make another film...they will never going to be willing to "trade/give up" Fantastic Four characters...

Last edited by Christopher_M; 12-25-2012 at 08:16 AM.