The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #101
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
Luthor/Cadmus combo cld work.I see no reson why Superboy and Bizrro shld be amalgamated to one villain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
I'd honestly love to see Superman fight a clone of himself. That was originally the intention of Superman IV, but we all know how that turned out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Maybe. Care to elaborate on Superboyzzaro?
Like Bizzaro (Post Crisis) he would initially be created by Luthor (in this case with a Project Cadmus funded by him) to replace the real Superman and to ultimately destroy him. So he would just be Bizzaro only in motive in terms of intent. In terms of looks and ultimately personality he'd be more like Kon-El.

The Bizzaro aspect would mainly be used to alter his reason for existing. The character would mainly follow the Kon-El storyline though (with alterations borrowing from Bizzaro's origin).

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 12-23-2012, 12:40 PM   #102
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Well he'd work more as an anti hero by the end of the film. Like Bizzaro (Post Crisis) he would initially be created by Luthor (in this case with a Project Cadmus funded by him) to replace the real Superman and to ultimately destroy him. So he would just be Bizzaro only in motive in terms of intent. In terms of looks and ultimately personality he'd be more like Kon-El.

The Bizzaro aspect would mainly be used to alter his reason for existing. The character would mainly follow the Kon-El storyline though (with alterations borrowing from Bizzaro's origin).
That would be really interesting, and i bet Cavill would have fun playing the clone. I remember watching an interview where Reeve discussed how much fun it was getting to play an evil and twisted version of Superman in Superman III.

Old 12-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #103
HighFivingMF
Welp.

I could get down with that. It would be fun to see a Superman family forming.

Old 12-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #104
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
That would be really interesting, and i bet Cavill would have fun playing the clone. I remember watching an interview where Reeve discussed how much fun it was getting to play an evil and twisted version of Superman.
Personally I was thinking of getting a younger actor who wouldn't necessarily resemble Cavill but just Superman in general.

I always liked the idea of Luthor having this major inferiority complex to the point where he lends his own DNA to be fused with Superman for this project to possibly create something "better".

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 12-23-2012, 12:48 PM   #105
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Personally I was thinking of getting a younger actor who wouldn't necessarily resemble Cavill but just Superman in general.

I always liked the idea of Luthor having this major inferiority complex to the point where he lends his own DNA to be fused with Superman for this project to possibly create something "better".
True, true. That would be very interesting, very Frankenstein-esque. The mad doctor and the creation. I always loved the character of Kon-El. Very interesting dynamic.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #106
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

The poll on the frontpage speaks for itself. Owning 2013 CBMs.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #107
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

When Supernan asked if the world was ready I think the answer us a resounding YES with the GA aswell as Superman fans.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 12-23-2012, 02:18 PM   #108
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
The poll on the frontpage speaks for itself. Owning 2013 CBMs.
Just checked the poll.I have to say Im very suprised to see MOS in the lead-especially with such a large margin.That trailer really did its job-I mean MOS being more anticipated by IM3 is quite a suprise

Old 12-23-2012, 02:18 PM   #109
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
When Supernan asked if the world was ready I think the answer us a resounding YES with the GA aswell as Superman fans.
We are all ready for a great Superman film. It's time for the original superhero to return to the top of the superhero food chain.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:18 PM   #110
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Well, the poll is mostly likely just fans, but still...

Old 12-23-2012, 02:20 PM   #111
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Just checked the poll.I have to say Im very suprised to see MOS in the lead-especially with such a large margin.That trailer really did its job-I mean MOS being more anticipated by IM3 is quite a suprise
WAY more at that. About god damn time too!

Old 12-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #112
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
WAY more at that. About god damn time too!
And you know whats more suprising-the attitude of non comic fans pretty much matches this poll as well.
Ive talked to my collge mates and they are all excited to watch the movie bc of trailer.Very few were excited about IM3 most didnt know there was gonna be an IM3.They rater wld see avengers 2

I found out that a lot of the things,they liked about the trailer was the things purist fans hated-Things like,the Broody introspective clark,Jonathans maybe line,Darker colors etc.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #113
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Quote:
Well, the poll is mostly likely just fans, but still...
Well to be honest people just had IM in Avengers this year, and two IM films in the last 5 years, maybe they're ready for something new. I think while people are still psyched for another IM movie it's been a while since Supes has looked this good, and I think the GA is ready to embrace that.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 12-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #114
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Like Bizzaro (Post Crisis) he would initially be created by Luthor (in this case with a Project Cadmus funded by him) to replace the real Superman and to ultimately destroy him. So he would just be Bizzaro only in motive in terms of intent. In terms of looks and ultimately personality he'd be more like Kon-El.

You got 2 out of 3 of the combination of what I wanted to see for Superman2. I want Lex, Bizzaro/Metallo and Brainiac. Brainiac would be the main threat, coming to Lex in a weakened state, and he is giving him the knowledge to construct a new body for him, and in return he would kill Superman.

Metallo/Bizarro would be constructed as a prototype for Brainiac's body, and becomes the corporate competition for Superman, the Bizzaro/Metallo would become genuinely inspired by Superman over the course of making saves with him, but being a defective prototype their mind and sanity begins to dissolve, becoming a dark twisted image of Superman. All the while Brainiac slowly regains his strength and launches his attack.

Then Luthor would take the mainstage in Superman3 based largely off All-Star.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:18 PM   #115
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
You got 2 out of 3 of the combination of what I wanted to see for Superman2. I want Lex, Bizzaro/Metallo and Brainiac. Brainiac would be the main threat, coming to Lex in a weakened state, and he is giving him the knowledge to construct a new body for him, and in return he would kill Superman.

Metallo/Bizarro would be constructed as a prototype for Brainiac's body, and becomes the corporate competition for Superman, the Bizzaro/Metallo would become genuinely inspired by Superman over the course of making saves with him, but being a defective prototype their mind and sanity begins to dissolve, becoming a dark twisted image of Superman. All the while Brainiac slowly regains his strength and launches his attack.

This .....is......Brilliant

Old 12-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #116
X Knight
Saber Class

if they want to include a Superman "family," I'd rather see Kara included before Superboy/Bizarro.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-23-2012, 03:58 PM   #117
DE LA LUNA
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
if they want to include a Superman "family," I'd rather see Kara included before Superboy/Bizarro.
I've always loved Kara's origin story!

Old 12-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #118
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
And you know whats more suprising-the attitude of non comic fans pretty much matches this poll as well.
Ive talked to my collge mates and they are all excited to watch the movie bc of trailer.Very few were excited about IM3 most didnt know there was gonna be an IM3.They rater wld see avengers 2

I found out that a lot of the things,they liked about the trailer was the things purist fans hated-Things like,the Broody introspective clark,Jonathans maybe line,Darker colors etc.
Post avengers, marvel has buzz to be sure, but at the same time watching a cap movie without the big fun ensemble is severely lacking. Some of the best bits in avengers for Tony were his interactions with Cap and Bruce. Some of his worst bits were his interactions with Pepper...

I'm curious to see what happens to that audience..."since new york"
Marvel has opened pandora's box on their property.

As for Superman, it's fresh it's different. It's got Snyders fans behind it, it's got Nolans fans behind it. And what's also interesting is that it's got a seemingly different Superman in it. Fans will ALWAYS want their age old specific paradigm's but, simply within that John Kent line...there is something new.
Gold in audience interest imo.
The last time that happened it was when the audience saw trailers for a batman that wasn't corny.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:53 PM   #119
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

I'm all for seeing Kara on the big screen. Would you want her to be called Supergirl or Powergirl though in the film?

Also, I wouldn't mind it if they combined Parasite and Bizzaro for a later film/sequel. Maybe the villain could start off as Parasite, but after he drains however much energy becomes more like Bizzaro.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Old 12-23-2012, 09:02 PM   #120
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
I'm all for seeing Kara on the big screen. Would you want her to be called Supergirl or Powergirl though in the film?

Also, I wouldn't mind it if they combined Parasite and Bizzaro for a later film/sequel. Maybe the villain could start off as Parasite, but after he drains however much energy becomes more like Bizzaro.
Supergirl, of course.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:07 PM   #121
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post

When you say Bizzaro/Metallo, are you saying you want them as one person?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:23 PM   #122
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Post avengers, marvel has buzz to be sure, but at the same time watching a cap movie without the big fun ensemble is severely lacking. Some of the best bits in avengers for Tony were his interactions with Cap and Bruce. Some of his worst bits were his interactions with Pepper...

I'm curious to see what happens to that audience..."since new york"
Marvel has opened pandora's box on their property.

As for Superman, it's fresh it's different. It's got Snyders fans behind it, it's got Nolans fans behind it. And what's also interesting is that it's got a seemingly different Superman in it. Fans will ALWAYS want their age old specific paradigm's but, simply within that John Kent line...there is something new.
Gold in audience interest imo.
The last time that happened it was when the audience saw trailers for a batman that wasn't corny.
Also another thing is that while do fans only have one movie to vote for, marvel fans are spread out over 3 films. I've seen many polls with MOS leading, but that probably plays a big part in why. Not that people aren't excited, that's not what I'm sayin. I just figure that polls would be closer if it was just like IM3 and supes

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 12-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #123
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Just saw the Hobbit in 48fps 3d and they had the MOS trailer in front also in 3d (not 48fps). While the trailer looked great on the big screen i'll most likely skip it in 3d it really didn't seem to add anything as post converted 3d films rarely do.

Old 12-23-2012, 11:50 PM   #124
X Knight
Saber Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post

uhhh......Supergirl.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-24-2012, 02:34 AM   #125
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I'm definitely curious and interested in seeing on how Snyder went about doing the "Destruction of Krypton" Sequence. So far, the only thing that we have to go by in a live action format that's properly conveyed the tragedy and terror of that event has been from the first Superman film, so I'm wondering if Snyder was able to pull it off with modern day technology, etc.

Closed Thread