Old 12-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #751
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Oh, for chrissakes...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

It was bad enough when a couple days ago he tweeted to that Thor2 poster artist that he was "very happy" with his "piece." It was all I could do to bite my tongue about that one.

Now he just tweeted the words "blow me" and "hot buttered" all together all willy-nilly with no concern for public safety or fangirl hysteria whatsoever!

It's like he's just tryin' to freakin' start something?!

I mean Tom... seriously... it's almost freakin' Christmas and you write tweets like that for your fangirls to see? Just...what, I ask you, just *what* are they going to do with that? Hmm?

I mean come on, Tom! Really? Seriously? This can only lead to trouble, you must know that.

*sigh* Okay, I forgive you.
I hate you....

*proceeds to turn into a puddle *

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 12-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #752
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
I hate you....

*proceeds to turn into a puddle *
*GASP!* But-But-TOM STARTED IT!!!!

Don't you give me that on one knee looking sweet and adorable "England is thine" crap, Tom. You know what you did.

Torturing and teasing the fangirls like that, and just before Christmas, Tom... CHRISTMAS! I mean, that's just... so wrong.... so very very wrong...

That's right you should feel sorry and ashamed for tweeting that!

Wait... w-what are... what are you doing, Tom? D-don't...

.... no, no...stop... don't cry Tom... please...

No...It's okay... it's all right really. I didn't mean to yell. I'm sorry. Just please stop crying.

Oh, for chrissakes... that gets me every time...

Last edited by elizah72; 12-21-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:51 PM   #753
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

dear lord lol you guys are starting to freak me out with your obsession over him lol

I hope to god there is some kidding around in this lol

Old 12-22-2012, 06:06 AM   #754
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
dear lord lol you guys are starting to freak me out with your obsession over him lol

I hope to god there is some kidding around in this lol

No. I'm being absolutely serious.

Old 12-22-2012, 06:25 AM   #755
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare

You know I've been getting a lot of inspiration in real life from all the controlling, manipulative, arsewipes that have been pestering me a lot lately. It's bad enough that I'm having a bad Christmas season case of the blues because of my dad being gone but these bossy, jerkish know it alls are making things worse for me and I am going to be channeling that with Loki starting with my current story and it will come to full fruition in the next.

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- I'm not the type of person who gets pride from saying, "Look at me." I'd rather take a moment to step back and say to myself, "Look at my baby."
Old 12-22-2012, 06:29 AM   #756
elizah72
Side-Kick

awww... sorry to hear you are having some xmas blues... that's sort of the point of my rant/picture posts there, to try to bring a smile to people's faces and maybe a few laughs, I hope. Christmas can be a tough time for some.

Good luck with the fic.

Old 12-22-2012, 06:48 AM   #757
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare

Quote:
awww... sorry to hear you are having some xmas blues... that's sort of the point of my rant/picture posts there, to try to bring a smile to people's faces and maybe a few laughs, I hope. Christmas can be a tough time for some.

Good luck with the fic.
God, it would be easier to deal with if people would just leave me alone. I was happier before these jerks intruded in my life. They just screwed everything up so majorly but they are in this fantasy delusional world where they think they're doing me good when they're actually killing everything inside of me to the point of becoming apathetic to everyone but my blood relations. Sad thing is that I can't say this is a new thing. The same thing occurred decades ago when I was in High School and I was being bullied by people who thought they were better than me. And with the same results as well. I guess because of my life experiences I identify a lot with Loki, though I have chosen a different path than he chooses. I feel like the Anti-Loki sometimes. When I write for Loki I can really feel his pain because in a sense I have felt that same pain as well, that pain of psychological ostracism. If you want I can send you a sample of what I've written in my story if you'd like.

- I'm not the type of person who gets pride from saying, "Look at me." I'd rather take a moment to step back and say to myself, "Look at my baby."
Old 12-22-2012, 07:53 AM   #758
elizah72
Side-Kick

I was pretty severely bullied in school as well.. I find it's best not to dwell on that crap and just get out and find your happiness elsewhere and with other people. Dwelling on it tends to make it worse and hold you back.

Old 12-22-2012, 07:57 AM   #759
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare

It's easier to forget when people aren't being such nasty, vindictive jerks in the present. But in a way this is good for my creativity.

Anyways, are you still interested in reading a rather lengthy sample of my story?

Old 12-22-2012, 07:59 AM   #760
elizah72
Side-Kick

I think you and I have too different opinions on Loki, I don't feel I would appreciate it. Sorry... not to be a jerk or anything.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:44 AM   #761
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare

I guess my research into comic book Loki has been infecting me or my sudden interest in Orlando Bloom again has cooled my fangirlism, but seriously Loki in the comics is a bit of a heartless p**** who's only interested in himself and what benefits his ambition. I've been trying to inject a little bit of that in my writing more for the comic fans than movie fans.Yes I do put in some MCU Loki moments but my intention was to homogenize the Comic Loki and the MCU Loki a bit. I'm trying not to romanticize him too much.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:51 AM   #762
elizah72
Side-Kick

And that's fine if you want to do that, no he shouldn't be romanticized too much. I'm just really not interested in reading about Loki as a heartless p**** though.

I don't think he is completely a heartless p**** in comics either. He has his moments from what I've seen. (few and far between but they are there)

Old 12-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #763
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare

Thing is in my story he's not 100% heartless. He's more or less a tortured soul with a split personality of sorts brought upon by tampering with Dark Magic and a soul sacrifice he made, in flashback of course. Like I said earlier, I'm treating Loki as an addict and Sigyn as the tormented spouse who loves Loki but can do precious little to help him. For me the drama comes from Loki trying to fight giving in to the darkness but to frustrated avail. I'm working Thanos in there as the big bad of the piece ultimately.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:29 AM   #764
American Maid
Side-Kick

Godzilla2000: I'm sorry for your loss. That must be tough at any time of year, but there are often so many memories tied in with this time of year. There really are no words that are adequate.

I too was bullied in school. It's hard not to internalize that hostility. It's really frustrating that, even though you're long since out of school, there are still jerks like that intruding on your life. I hope you are able to separate yourself from them as much as possible and, like Elizah said, focus on things that are rewarding for you and people you enjoy.

And I hope you have some people you can talk to, blood relations, a religious leader, a counselor, a friend--someone to remind you that you are not alone.

I would be interested in your story when you are ready to send it.

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 12-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #765
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

No. I'm being absolutely serious.

MR T

lol I know, I am just pulling your chains, and I will continue to do so in the future, duh :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
You know I've been getting a lot of inspiration in real life from all the controlling, manipulative, arsewipes that have been pestering me a lot lately. It's bad enough that I'm having a bad Christmas season case of the blues because of my dad being gone but these bossy, jerkish know it alls are making things worse for me and I am going to be channeling that with Loki starting with my current story and it will come to full fruition in the next.
I'm sorry for your loss. I don't know the circumstances of your situation, but I believe in always trying to find a way to see the minor positives in situations like this. Unfortunately, the mind is a very fragile thing. Some people simply aren't nice, and have plenty of issues to themselves, or are so closed minded, all they can do is cause pain. Again, I don't know your circumstance, but I feel for you. If I may ask, how old are you? I relate to comic book characters too, and one of my better friends loves loki as well and he relates to him a lot. If I may, I would suggest maybe you should start to meditate, and explore yourself a little bit? I have had a lot of issues myself. I never felt people were my problem, though my family can be tough, cause I think very differently from people. I used to have pretty bad explosive anger, I have ADD, I have OCD, and I have a pretty bad anxiety disorder, so life certainly has been difficult. About a year and a half ago, I became very spiritual, and started meditating a lot. Now it hasn't gotten rid of my issues, but meditating certainly can make you a stronger person, see things from different perspectives, and help you deal with emotions. It's helped me, and I am sure you could find a way to help you. whether or not its something you try to do, I wish you the best.

Quote:
God, it would be easier to deal with if people would just leave me alone. I was happier before these jerks intruded in my life. They just screwed everything up so majorly but they are in this fantasy delusional world where they think they're doing me good when they're actually killing everything inside of me to the point of becoming apathetic to everyone but my blood relations. Sad thing is that I can't say this is a new thing. The same thing occurred decades ago when I was in High School and I was being bullied by people who thought they were better than me. And with the same results as well. I guess because of my life experiences I identify a lot with Loki, though I have chosen a different path than he chooses. I feel like the Anti-Loki sometimes. When I write for Loki I can really feel his pain because in a sense I have felt that same pain as well, that pain of psychological ostracism. If you want I can send you a sample of what I've written in my story if you'd like.
people who bully usually have problems at home, they weren't raised right, they take out their subconcious issues on others. Children are cruel. but the fact is, they bully you BECAUSE you are better than them.

I don't completely have the same view on loki as you do, but i would like to read some of your story if you would like to PM it to me.

Quote:
I was pretty severely bullied in school as well.. I find it's best not to dwell on that crap and just get out and find your happiness elsewhere and with other people. Dwelling on it tends to make it worse and hold you back.
Quote:
It's easier to forget when people aren't being such nasty, vindictive jerks in the present. But in a way this is good for my creativity.

Anyways, are you still interested in reading a rather lengthy sample of my story?
it is good for your creativity. and it is a good for you as a person. Things like these only make you stronger if you learn how to deal with them in the most effective way possible for your own personal well being.

Quote:
Thing is in my story he's not 100% heartless. He's more or less a tortured soul with a split personality of sorts brought upon by tampering with Dark Magic and a soul sacrifice he made, in flashback of course. Like I said earlier, I'm treating Loki as an addict and Sigyn as the tormented spouse who loves Loki but can do precious little to help him. For me the drama comes from Loki trying to fight giving in to the darkness but to frustrated avail. I'm working Thanos in there as the big bad of the piece ultimately.
I would like to read it

Old 12-22-2012, 05:10 PM   #766
elizah72
Side-Kick

It's interesting looking at these from the alternate ending of Avengers because he actually looks a little sorry/ashamed here... whereas with the mask on he looks more sinister and plotting (make was put in CGI after)

versus...

Old 12-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #767
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
*GASP!* But-But-TOM STARTED IT!!!!
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Don't you give me that on one knee looking sweet and adorable "England is thine" crap, Tom. You know what you did.

Torturing and teasing the fangirls like that, and just before Christmas, Tom... CHRISTMAS! I mean, that's just... so wrong.... so very very wrong...

That's right you should feel sorry and ashamed for tweeting that!

Wait... w-what are... what are you doing, Tom? D-don't...

.... no, no...stop... don't cry Tom... please...

No...It's okay... it's all right really. I didn't mean to yell. I'm sorry. Just please stop crying.

Oh, for chrissakes... that gets me every time...

Dammit... now I need to go watch Hollow Crown again *lol*

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 12-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #768
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare

Quote:
It's interesting looking at these from the alternate ending of Avengers because he actually looks a little sorry/ashamed here... whereas with the mask on he looks more sinister and plotting (make was put in CGI after)

versus...

I gotta say I prefer without the gag as opposed to with. Just Tom's expression alone seems to drive home just how seriously in trouble Loki is.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:31 PM   #769
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I gotta say I prefer without the gag as opposed to with. Just Tom's expression alone seems to drive home just how seriously in trouble Loki is.

okay guys how about this...his expression from when he looks up at the avengers have him surrounded to in the picture you just posted, based on his expression and such, he was in the end worried, what do you think he was actually mostly worried about? The fact the avengers beat him, that thor is going to bring him back to asgard where he will face reckoning, or that he failed thanos, and the other. Or numbers 2 and 3 both???

Old 12-23-2012, 07:54 AM   #770
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Quote:
okay guys how about this...his expression from when he looks up at the avengers have him surrounded to in the picture you just posted, based on his expression and such, he was in the end worried, what do you think he was actually mostly worried about? The fact the avengers beat him, that thor is going to bring him back to asgard where he will face reckoning, or that he failed thanos, and the other. Or numbers 2 and 3 both???
I looked at the actual scenes again on the blueray. I don't actually get "fear" or worry from either version, and I do think two different takes were used because the expressions are a little different. But neither say fear to me, I know as a Thanos fan you want Loki to be wetting his pants in terror right now. Maybe that'll become more obvious in Thor 2.

Again I get from the mask on "canon" scene more a plotting look, already working out how he's going to get himself out of this, and not really fear or worry there, maybe when he realizes he can't that's when the panic sets in about Thanos.

In the deleted scene I definitely get more an ashamed/sorry vibe, which may or may not be an act, but I'd like to think not.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:36 AM   #771
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Not owning a copy of The Avengers myself (poor, poor me!), I can't go back and play the scene. Looking at the pics Elizah posted, I see resignation in the shots without the mask, resignation to the fact that he failed, that he's going to be taken back to (who he regards as) his non-father, and his ambitions thwarted.

In the shot with the mask, I see resentment at being treated this way, at being caught.

FWIW.

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 12-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #772
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare

Quote:
I think you'll love my reply but I think one word describes why Loki would be worried and that's Thanos.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:47 PM   #773
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

I think he most certainly is slightly worried about what he is in for. I think he was more worried about going home and facing all of asgard. As of now, all he knows is that Thanos and the other gave him an army, and that he was threatened if he failed, and that Thanos wouldn't even see him directly. Since he really doesn't know them, I would think his biggest concern was realizing that ****, I may have a threat to deal with, and now I have to actually go home and own up to what I've done.

until he has another encounter with thanos and the other, I don't think he will be as worried as he should be

Old 12-24-2012, 03:20 AM   #774
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare

You know, maybe the concern is for what kind of trouble he's in because he knows he's upset the universal balance. Let's face it, because of his association with Thanos Loki has basically put himself in a situation where he's stuck between a rock and a hard place. What he has done has irreversible consequences that will be felt throughout the nine realms, hence why I think he's being hunted down in Thor 2. I'd wager a good many star systems are calling for Loki's head on a platter too.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #775
elizah72
Side-Kick

http://torrilla.tumblr.com/post/3871...-thor-the-dark

LOL. Much as I'd be intrigued to know what direction he'd put his own character in, how he'd present him, etc... I think I'd rather he stay in front of the camera for the Thor movies and concentrate on acting. It seems like a big movie like that is a HUUUUUUUGGGGGEEEE amount of work and stress that only people who have significant experience as a director (either of movies of tv) should tackle.

Quote:
I think he most certainly is slightly worried about what he is in for. I think he was more worried about going home and facing all of asgard. As of now, all he knows is that Thanos and the other gave him an army, and that he was threatened if he failed, and that Thanos wouldn't even see him directly. Since he really doesn't know them, I would think his biggest concern was realizing that ****, I may have a threat to deal with, and now I have to actually go home and own up to what I've done.

until he has another encounter with thanos and the other, I don't think he will be as worried as he should be
I would agree he's likely concerned about that, more than Thanos at this point. He did give The Other sass about whether their "army" was all that, and the Other took that sass as directed at Thanos as well. We don't know for sure if he's met Thanos, I'd think so at some point. We don't know that The Other was simply stopping him from seeing Thanos to be a d*** about it, and maybe wanting to keep Loki from winning over too much of Thanos' favor, for his own sake.

Closed Thread