The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 02:46 PM   #951
TTKano
TMNT!

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 2

Raph =)

Old 11-22-2012, 08:20 PM   #952
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 2

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/11/...ninja-turtles/

Quote:
Corey Feldman Says He’s Been “In Communications” About Reprising Donatello For Ninja Turtles

Posted on November 21, 2012 by Brendon Connelly

Corey Feldman provided the voice of the semi-cartilaginous martial artist technophile called Donatello in the first and third live-action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles films. I’m told that the fans think he did a great job, and that he’s as associated with the role as Peter Cullen is with Optimus Prime, for example.

If that’s the case, then giving Feldman a part in the upcoming Ninja Turtles picture could push against the general sense of fan unease that has greeted every new leak or piece of official info about the film.

Ever since producer Michael Bay revealed the new alien origins planned for the “heroes in a halfshell,” the ‘base have been up in arms. We then discovered that they won’t be teenagers either, and the foaming continued. Bay and co. should be desperate to turn this tide.

This bit of casting could really help them. It could be another Cullen-as-movie-Optimus moment.

So will it happen? Well, Feldman has told Movieweb that he’s been in “communications” with Bay. He said:
It’s kind of up in the air. I will say this much. Michael Bay and I have become social acquaintances. We have traded cell phone numbers. We have been in communication. I have let him know that I support the project. He has let me know that he is a fan of my work. Its kind of… we are communicating. I wouldn’t say there has been a formal offer, or anything like that. Its not even really going to be Michael Bay’s decision. It’s going to be the director of the film’s decision.
It’s an amusing quote because it sounds like there’s nothing to it at all until Feldman started talking about what hasn’t happened. “I wouldn’t say there has been a formal offer” sounds so much more convincing than “we have traded cell phone numbers.”

I suggest all other actors learn that as a technique and start putting it to work in generating some self publicity. “I wouldn’t say that I’ve actually signed on for the role” seems to be the ideal manifestation of this trick.
Of course, Feldman and Bay might truly, honestly be best friends forever and the casting still not come to pass for whatever reason – though I, personally, doubt it will be Jonathan Liebesman, the film’s director, who actually makes the casting decisions on this film.

And if this really will be the motion capture production we’re expecting, it seems a little less likely that there will be a separate performer for Donatello’s voice. I guess they could get Feldman in to play the role on set. Perhaps. It’s not like they’re going to cast actual martial artists anyhow – that element is bound to come down to fakery.

Last we heard about Ninja Turtles, pre-production had shut down but was expected to get rolling again once the studio considered the screenplay and budget more cost-effective. If that has happened already, it has happened on the quiet.

Incidentally, Movieweb have started a petition, not just for Corey Feldman’s casting, but to see the other three turtle roles cast the way they’d like it.

Which quite unexpectedly means giving the roles to Blake Anderson, Adam DeVine and Anders Holm of Workaholics, a TV show I’ve read a little about but haven’t seen so much of one second of.

That’s how they want it. Myself, I don’t really have any strong feelings about the turtles themselves and would probably go through a massive audition process. But for Splinter? Easy.

Andy Serkis.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 11-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #953
MrGreen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Is great to see they're still working on this. I thought it got cancelled

"Use the source, Luke!"
Old 11-26-2012, 12:59 PM   #954
Mr.?
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGreen View Post
Is great to see they're still working on this. I thought it got cancelled
If you read the script you wouldnt be happy.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:26 PM   #955
venom892
Got Lucky

I really hope there have been massive rewrites. That script was an abomination.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:14 PM   #956
Johnny Drama
Sex Panther

Do you have a link to the script, Venomous Dragon?

And I am so OVER Andy Serkis being mentioned for any and all animal/human hybrids. He has become to Animals in Film what Ray Park was to martial artists in the previous decade

Last edited by Johnny Drama; 12-03-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #957
Darkness Falls
Do Try To Keep Up.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom892 View Post
I really hope there have been massive rewrites. That script was an abomination.
THIS

Better Call Saul
Old 12-04-2012, 12:31 PM   #958
MrGreen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.? View Post
If you read the script you wouldnt be happy.
I've read it and I hated it. But it makes me happy that they're rewriting it (btw, does this means they're editing it or its a full rewrite?). With the new cartoon going strong is more likely that they'll try to depart as less as they can from that show

"Use the source, Luke!"
Old 12-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #959
jdogg willie
Side-Kick

Do you think Jason Biggs would voice Leo and Sean Astin voice Raph in the movie, or go with different voices?

Astin and Feldman in the same movie again (kinda), I need to rewatch 'The Goonies'

Old 12-05-2012, 04:29 AM   #960
Octoberist
point blank

Is this going anywhere? I haven't anything from it.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #961
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
well, i don't know if the Feldmeister is coming back to voice Donatello for the movie. but he's definitely joining the Nick cartoon for season 2.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/...c39f6d03000006

Old 12-24-2012, 03:14 PM   #962
Terror Inc.
Side-Kick

I'm remaining ever so cautiosly optimistic for this movie..Yeah I know Bay is behind it, they've screwed up the origins, God only knows what else, but I am so desperate for a dark, edgy TMNT, that I'm kinda just praying this will be good. More than likely false hopes, I know, I just wanna see my boys shine again! And the Shredder needs to be one ruthless, evil bad-ass!

Old 01-05-2013, 02:56 AM   #963
Blackman
C'mon Son

Sorry no news, but I didnt know where else to post it.

Does anyone else hope that they dont use Shredder for this. I mean I love Shredder and he's my favorite Turtles villain but I would like to see some other villains used first. After having Shredder being the big bad for half the movies and, to me at least, having the Foot being in TMNT I'd say give someone else other than Shredder/The Foot a chance.

I also think Casey would be better saved for a sequel

Old 01-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #964
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Not really. TMNT3 and the animated film went without Shredder. That's a long time to not have Shredder as the main villain. Not to mention that any new film will be a reboot, so I would definitely like to see Shredder.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:52 PM   #965
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

With all the changes that Bay is supposedly making, keeping Shredder would be a good thing. If he's in it then at least there will be something from the mythos we recognize.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:57 PM   #966
louiebling$
Just Chucking with you

Id like to see the purple dragon and Baxter Stockman/Mousers as main villians with The Foot and Shredder only being mentioned and foreshadowed

"I have had a dream all my life and it was not this good." -Joss Whedon
Old 01-07-2013, 12:11 AM   #967
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by louiebling$ View Post
Id like to see the purple dragon and Baxter Stockman/Mousers as main villians with The Foot and Shredder only being mentioned and foreshadowed
That's exactly the combination of villains I thought would be good for a first film

Old 01-08-2013, 12:56 AM   #968
ShredderX
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by louiebling$ View Post
I was thinking more along the lines of the turtles meeting and teaming up with Casey Jones in the first movie to fight Hun and the Purple Dragons ( with a human Bebop and Rocksteady as his top muscle) with the Foot and the Shredder foreshadowed towards the end, and would save Baxter Stockman , the mousers, and April for the sequel working for Dr. Krang, who at the end would reveal himself to be a horribly mutated utrom ( given him his " Brain like appearance ), and save Shredder and the Foot for the 3rd movie.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #969
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith

According to Production Weekly, Ninja Turtles starts shooting in April.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #970
Darkness Falls
Do Try To Keep Up.....

i hope they fixed everything that was wrong with the old script

Better Call Saul
Old 01-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #971
Blackman
C'mon Son

I have a bad feeling about this one

Old 01-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #972
The Navigator
Punch Punch Punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness Falls View Post
i hope they fixed everything that was wrong with the old script
Where is that script? A friend of mine that's a huge TMNT fan gave me a basic outline and I honest to god thought he was screwing with me.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:14 AM   #973
TX85
Jolly

Finally a new update But hopefully we get some real good news soon on the direction/cast&characters and clarification on the new script compared to the old one..Which hopefully the new one is all new than just a few tweaks!

Is it confirmed IF the turtles will be all CGI or suits again??

Old 01-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #974
GoblinScrier
Side-Kick

I sincerely hope that whatever changes needed to be made, etc., that the main thing is that Krang and the Technodrome were left in...I am DYING to see Krang (especially as he is portrayed in the current comic from IDW) and his invasion of Neutrino city....

Old 01-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #975
combocaz
Side-Kick

CGI motion capture would be best for the turtles. I dont think people would buy into the rubber suits.

Cyborg -Ray Fisher
Aquaman -Jason Momoa
The Flash Ezra Miller
Green Lantern ?????
Closed Thread