The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 05-27-2012, 03:19 PM   #76
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: X-Men 3...seriously fans/people--WHY all the hate?

My main beef with the film was why did Wolverine have to kill Jean when they had a boy ho supressed mutants powers?

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #77
melifilms
New User - Level 0

As someone who worked on it. It was greatly disappointing. The original script was great and would have been a great movie. Instead it was hacked down to greatly resemble the director, manic, incoherent, and pathetically horny

melifilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:21 PM   #78
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
My main beef with the film was why did Wolverine have to kill Jean when they had a boy ho supressed mutants powers?
It was a "so what mouse is goung to put the necklace to the cat" situation. Sure, the boy was there, now try and take him near her whole she was killing everyone and everything. Plus, she could read everyone's minds, couldn't she?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melifilms View Post
As someone who worked on it. It was greatly disappointing. The original script was great and would have been a great movie. Instead it was hacked down to greatly resemble the director, manic, incoherent, and pathetically horny
Maybe, maybe not. But I cannot judge a movie for what a previous version might or might not have been.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:04 AM   #79
Spuzz
The Spuzziest of Spuzzes

Why all the hate? You should be asking that to the writers. Why all the hate for all the characters they killed off for no reason.

Spuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:08 AM   #80
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuzz View Post
Why all the hate? You should be asking that to the writers. Why all the hate for all the characters they killed off for no reason.
Do they need a reason? They have killed tons of characters in tons of superhero movies. Nothing needs a reason. You just write things and then handle them as good as possible.

In X3 case, deaths helped to shake the rest of the X-Men world and bring them back together. It also put a real conflict because deaths were executed by one of her friends.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:34 AM   #81
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by melifilms View Post

I really hope Singer will direct another X-film one day.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #82
Angamb
Banned User

One of the main reasons:

Wolverine stealing the spotlight to the characters that really deserved it with the Dark Phoenix and The cure plots.

Jean, Scott, Rogue, Beast and Angel.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:13 PM   #83
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Poor treatment of characters and plots established in the comics.
Poor treatment of characters and plots established in the film series.

Overall it's just a weak film, half-baked and rushed.
This.

Also, the directing wasn't suited to the franchise. It sticks out like a sore thumb. The music was all over the place too. Mediocre cinematography. Plot holes.

Yeah that's all I've got. I remember I was so mad with the script that I completely re-wrote the entire film the way I think fell in line with the first two films and the comics.

EDIT:
Also there was a lot of really stupid elements, like "plastic guns". I can let that go, but still...

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Asteroid-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #84
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post

I really hope Singer will direct another X-film one day.
Yup! I'm hoping its X-Men 4!

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:54 AM   #85
RomyFan
Side-Kick

My hate is because 3 of the most important characters died! If they'd have kept at least Scott alive, it'd have been better for me. And I know it's because James Marsden had schedule conflicts but, darn, they should have re-scheduled or something! I understand the professor "died", I mean, he always kind of dies anyway. But... just too many people dying for me.

Though the final fight was pretty cool.

RomyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:20 PM   #86
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

My inner fanboy is the reason why I'm not too fond on this film. Don't get me wrong. I don't hate it at all and it really is entertaining. I just don't care for it. My gripes are the mischaracterization of some characters. They made Wolverine into a goodie goodie. Professor X is an assh***. Magneto just treats Mystique like nothing after she loses her powers. Magneto also acts like Xavier dying is not a big deal. Rogue goes through all that in the first two films just to be pissy and seek out a cure all of a sudden. Iceman is a dick to Rogue by messing around with Kitty Pryde.

I do understand Cyclops, though. Marsden needed to be written out for Superman Returns. He was already did dirty in X2 anyway.

Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:17 AM   #87
Supermanreturns
Side-Kick

I think that it's not Ratner's fault but writer's fault. The movie fails in so many points.

- JEAN/PHOENIX: the character is written so bad. The only scene good and powerful with her is the "house scene".
- WOLVERINE: where is Wolverine? Wolverine is not like this. In this movie he's a leader, it looks like a good boy, it looks like...Cyclops! Seriously, nope.
- ROGUE: one of the characters more developed in past movies written out in that way. With "cure" storyline it was ok she was leaving but at the end...Without powers...She's not Rogue. And go against all what X-MEN ARE: accept theirself, damn!!!
- COLOUSSUS: he's able to talk?
- ANGEL: a random character with 2-3 lines and nothing to do. Really.
- MYSTIQUE: why depowering her? Why written out in that way?
- CYCLOPS: WHY??? WHY???? WHY????? Why written out him in that way. Cyclops was written not very well but ok in past movies. The X2's end was very powerful, look at him when they are in White House and Wolverine looks at him "crying" for Jean's death. Damn. He have a lot to do, he have to fight for Jean, being the real leader and was written out? WTF!!!

But I do like Magneto, Storm, Iceman, Kitty, Juggernaut, Pyro, also Callisto and Prof X (maybe i'm the only one who think that his death was ok for a third movie).

Supermanreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:33 PM   #88
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

Yeah, Ratner was brought in so late in the game, that he really couldn't do much of anything with the pre-production side of things.

S. Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #89
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

CONS:
-Professor X dying
-Cyclops dying unheroically
-short running time
-Juggernaut wasted and simply being the muscle of the group
-unresolved cliffhanger ending after the end credits

PROS:
-badass music, the best of the three
-Wolverine unleashing his fury with Juggernaut
-Magneto lifting the Golden Gate bridge
-again the excellent music during the Phoenix/Wolverine stand-off

I'm not saying Brett Ratner is a king among directors but he did the best he could, I think he gets more flack because of his Rush Hour movies.

Self-contained stories part of a larger story is where its at. Not this writing for the trade nonsense. If you're going to write for the trade, don't release it in individual issues. Just release the trade.
Mace Dolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #90
Supermanreturns
Side-Kick

Ratner did a good job and, imho, he has gift us with some of the best action scenes of the original trilogy.

But the script was weak. Imho, the Prof X's death was ok, to me. It's an adaptation and it works but only if Scott was alive and he was the first "ally" that Jean killed, to show how powerful and dangerous was.

I believe, seriously, that the script is really weak or bad. I was hoping for a rewrite but, seriously...Dark Phoenix's saga is one of the best saga in X-Men's comics. Why mixed with Cure's storyline? Phoenix's saga have so much to tell alone for a movie!!!

If they did only Dark Phoenix's saga, with some changes (Cyclops survives, no Cure, much more development for characters likes Angel or Colussus) the movie surely was better.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:32 PM   #91
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

If there's someone that people should blame for what happened to X3, it should be SIMON KINBERG!!! Simply because he wrote the story. I can't blame Zak Penn simply because he worked on X2 before and he just recently worked on The Avengers. Simon Kinberg wrote the story for Mr and Mrs Smith and Jumper and I just don't think he has a good resume when it comes to being a screenwriter. And right now I'm just hoping that he didn't ruin the script of Days of Future Past.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:49 AM   #92
Supermanreturns
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
If there's someone that people should blame for what happened to X3, it should be SIMON KINBERG!!! Simply because he wrote the story. I can't blame Zak Penn simply because he worked on X2 before and he just recently worked on The Avengers. Simon Kinberg wrote the story for Mr and Mrs Smith and Jumper and I just don't think he has a good resume when it comes to being a screenwriter. And right now I'm just hoping that he didn't ruin the script of Days of Future Past.
Yep, it was too difficult said "X3, story: Dark Phoenix's saga".

Old 01-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #93
TheSpectacular
Christian and proud

For me honestly the the pre-first class movies go

X2
X3
X-Men

Origins

X3. It killed some of my favorite characters but it did have some B.A. action. Also Iceman got some cool scenes.

Guardians of the Galaxy- 4/10
TheSpectacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:37 AM   #94
TheNewGirl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Grundy View Post
Yeah, Ratner was brought in so late in the game, that he really couldn't do much of anything with the pre-production side of things.
Doesn't matter. As the Great Joel Schumacher once said, If anything is wrong with the movie it falls on the director. A great director can turn **** into gold. There can be revisions that make sense, actual intelligent shots, and NO BOWLING PIN SOUND EFFECTS. I believe even if the script was different he would have made the same moronic decisions and changes, and still approved the casio keyboard sound effects.

It falls on Ratner. Sorry, but its entirely his fault that he couldn't handle the script. It was a weak script, but it could have absolutely been handled better in the actual shooting phase if he had any talent what so ever, and wasn't just a lap dog. He had to of read the goddamn thing before he shot the film. Nothing in his head went "this sounds terrible" because he thought it was amazing and the best x-men movie ever made. It was his final say, He approved the moronic Juggernaut costume, the meaningless deaths, the horrible one liners.... as DIRECTOR.

The only cool stand out moment in X3 for me is Wolverine jumping from the X-Jet. That was sick.

Last edited by TheNewGirl; 01-18-2013 at 03:43 AM.
TheNewGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:40 AM   #95
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGirl View Post
Doesn't matter. As the Great Joel Schumacher once said, If anything is wrong with the movie it falls on the director. A great director can turn **** into gold.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Pfeiffer-Pfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:02 AM   #96
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

I've never understood the insane amount of hatred leveled against TLS; it isn't of the same quality as the first two films or First Class (because Bryan Singer understands the X-Men and how to make the property work on film on a level that few others do), but it was by no means the trainwreck that many think it was.

DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #97
Kreative T
Banned User

I like trailers and I can't wait for X-men DOFP Trailer I remember X-men 3 trailer, it was the best trailer of the series. It gave me goosebumps. I used to watch it over and over.

I want the new X-men movie trailer to surpass it.

It still rocks though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8ZMvxzplwc

Kreative T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #98
Kreative T
Banned User

You can't just throw X-men 3 away it was too good put together of a movie. It just killed the wrong people rubbing people the wrong way. almost killing the franchise, it was a terrible movie, but other than that the novie rocked!

Best in the series to me.

Look at it this way if it didn;t happen would we would got first class and New X-men movies? You never know? A blessing in disguise.

Kreative T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #99
cabel
Side-Kick

You have Colossus, a super strong good guy.

You also have Juggernaut, a super strong bad guy.

And nobody thought to make the two super strong guys fight each other?

Police Academy 6 knew to do that!

cabel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:35 PM   #100
Doomed_hero
Side-Kick

You take, to me mind you, the most important character in x-men lore (cyclops)and kill him off like he is nothing. Then to poor salt on the wound you have Logan lead the teeam giving Cyclops type speech and act like he is Jeans true love even if they really have hardly talked in the movie verse. You could have really have keptScott alive and taken over most of Logans parts concerning Jean. Even have him be able to bring her back in the end(minus all the death she causes of course). It would not have made it a perfect movie cause there where many other problems with it. but when scott died i kinda stopped caring