The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 03:35 AM   #26
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

I doubt there will be a superbowl spot, but maybe a 1min teaser in february is a very real possibility. I guess promotion for TTDW will really start in april just after IM3 comes out to get some of its energy

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 12-23-2012, 07:13 AM   #27
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
I doubt there will be a superbowl spot, but maybe a 1min teaser in february is a very real possibility. I guess promotion for TTDW will really start in april just after IM3 comes out to get some of its energy
That'd be my bet.
A teaser to attach to IM3's release date, and then a theatrical trailer in late summer.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 12-23-2012, 11:40 AM   #28
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

At what point did they release the first stills, posters etc with the first Thor movie?

Old 12-23-2012, 01:20 PM   #29
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyscratch View Post
At what point did they release the first stills, posters etc with the first Thor movie?
Looking back at old posts in the Thor forum, we had the first official picture of Chris as Thor in April 2010 with the movie out in May 2011. We've got that already between the poster from the Italy presentation and the glimpse at the poster. In/by July 2010 we had several movie stills of several characters, so we're maybe looking at getting that 10 months prior to release (seems so far away still!) Teaser trailer was released in Dec. I think from a poll in that forum so 6 months prior although there would have been comic con footage released several months before in July so maybe that means a teaser trailer could come sooner that 6 months prior... hopefully.

and the full Olly Moss poster (the same artist as that unfinished poster that was tweeted a few weeks back), for Thor 1 the finished poster was released by Dec., 5 months prior.

Last edited by elizah72; 12-23-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #30
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Looking back at old posts in the Thor forum,. . . In/by July 2010 we had several movie stills of several characters, so we're maybe looking at getting that 10 months prior to release (seems so far away still!)
Nah. . .10 months prior to release is about 2 weeks from today

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 12-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #31
elizah72
Side-Kick

Like I said, TOO FAR AWAY!!!

Old 12-23-2012, 02:29 PM   #32
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Like I said, TOO FAR AWAY!!!
hahahahahhaha

Into everyone's life a little rain must fall.

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 12-23-2012, 10:55 PM   #33
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

idk what to dooooo lol

Old 12-24-2012, 12:53 AM   #34
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

What the HECK?!? Hands off Zach!!
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=98326

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 12-24-2012, 02:54 AM   #35
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

You know, I was thinking of this while watching the LOTR trilogy, but if Alan Taylor can pull off the same level of epicness with Thor 2 as Peter Jackson did with the LOTR Trilogy, he should be a natch pick for directing the movies based on the Silmarillion.

"Ignorance is not bliss"

- Just want a life I recognize again. Don't want to be living someone else's prefabricated fallacy.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:13 AM   #36
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
You know, I was thinking of this while watching the LOTR trilogy, but if Alan Taylor can pull off the same level of epicness with Thor 2 as Peter Jackson did with the LOTR Trilogy, he should be a natch pick for directing the movies based on the Silmarillion.
yeah but from the sound of it, the Tolkein estate don't want to release the other books for film

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 12-24-2012, 05:30 AM   #37
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
yeah but from the sound of it, the Tolkein estate don't want to release the other books for film
I don't know...I don't give up hope so easily. It took a long enough time for the Hobbit movies and there were many many stumbling blocks, but it was made nonetheless despite the difficulties. I think with the Silmarillion there are so many characters and so many stories that connecting them all together would be quite a task. But dammit I want to see Glorfindel kicking Balrog butt because he's been so shafted, especially in Lord of the Rings.

"Ignorance is not bliss"

- Just want a life I recognize again. Don't want to be living someone else's prefabricated fallacy.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 12-24-2012 at 05:33 AM.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:38 AM   #38
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
NOOOOOOO!!!! there goes my epic Roverrandom movie

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 12-24-2012, 11:43 AM   #39
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
NOOOOOOO!!!! there goes my epic Roverrandom movie
I google searched up that character and I can't believe that is real, but yet I know it is, but it is after all just a kid's book, more so than the Hobbit.

It would actually make for a nice 15 minute Short Film Easter Egg on a Hobbit DVD though as just a DVD extra only.

"Ignorance is not bliss"

Old 12-24-2012, 04:06 PM   #40
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

It's the 25th here in Oz, so MERRY CHRISTMAS / HAPPY HOLIDAYS everyone!! Since I saw Thor and found this board and the Avengers and Thor threads it's been fun reading the posts and all your thoughts. Here's to a fabulous 2013 with loads of Thorful goodness for us to look forward to.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #41
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyscratch View Post
It's the 25th here in Oz, so MERRY CHRISTMAS / HAPPY HOLIDAYS everyone!! Since I saw Thor and found this board and the Avengers and Thor threads it's been fun reading the posts and all your thoughts. Here's to a fabulous 2013 with loads of Thorful goodness for us to look forward to.
Thanks so much!! The same to you! Thanks for your kind words and your thoughts on this board. 2013 *will* be a great year, won't it?

In the meantime, here is the silliest result that came up on a Google image search of "thor christmas" for all to enjoy:

Old 12-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #42
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!

The Grinch who stole steroids.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:52 PM   #43
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Merry Christmas everybody!

Old 12-24-2012, 10:43 PM   #44
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:

Gunn has denied that he's interested in Levi, for which I am glad. It's bad enough that he's playing Fandral. The last thing I want is for Levi to migrate over to GotG and mess that up good.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:48 PM   #45
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Merry Christmas!

http://marvel.com/images/gallery/gal...C15vnrct1ygkrb

Old 12-25-2012, 07:50 AM   #46
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Gunn has denied that he's interested in Levi, for which I am glad. It's bad enough that he's playing Fandral. The last thing I want is for Levi to migrate over to GotG and mess that up good.
Not officially.
Gunn merely stated that "almost everything in that Variety article....was/is completely inaccurate" in his Tweet. Doesn't specify which part(s) constitute the "almost."

Plus, Gunn's Tweet itself is strictly hearsay, and comes from a highly questionable source. Comicbook.com is the *only* website that reported seeing Gunn's Tweet, but that Tweet does not exist now, nor has anyone else been able to corroborate Comicbook.com's report.

In short, it comes down to who you prefer to believe --- Variety, or Comicbook.com. I'll take the professional journalists whose pay and reputation are dependent on getting their sources right. (....That's Variety, for those who were wondering. )

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 12-25-2012, 08:06 AM   #47
elizah72
Side-Kick

what possible reason would cbm.com have to claim that tweet happened, when it didn't? I mean really. That is ridiculous and insulting to those people who work on that site.Much more likely James opened his big mouth, and was quickly told by Marvel to delete the tweet, and keep his mouth shut. It's not the first time paid professionals misconstrue what was said in an article and interview. Being paid doesn't make them reputable or reliable, it just means that they know what to write to get magazines sold.

Old 12-25-2012, 09:22 AM   #48
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Plus, Gunn's Tweet itself is strictly hearsay, and comes from a highly questionable source. Comicbook.com is the *only* website that reported seeing Gunn's Tweet, but that Tweet does not exist now, nor has anyone else been able to corroborate Comicbook.com's report.
lol

Here, I'll corroborate it for you. He tweeted it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Does Marvel now consider Black Widow a bigger character than Wolverine?

Old 12-25-2012, 09:31 AM   #49
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

One can only hope.

Old 12-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #50
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
lol

Here, I'll corroborate it for you. He tweeted it.

Does Marvel now consider Black Widow a bigger character than Wolverine?
Happy Holidays peeps! I 2nd that. Gunn posted it on Facebook also, before deleting it. He replied to a few comments on there. I quoted one of his replies, on Twitter and I was surprised to get a response from him.