Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #676
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Default Re: Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Not everybody likes Morrison's story telling, a good example is with Final Crisis, some love it while most say it's trash.
Heh, it really depends. Some people are truly incapable of truly ever deciphering or understanding creative writing in an academy or objective sense.

For instance, I don't think Final Crisis worked, but I fully comprehend and appreciate what Morrison was attempting. Objectively, I think it's deserving of a lot of merit. Subjectively, I think it's awful.

Old 12-24-2012, 06:57 PM   #677
WeeZiTe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn View Post
Oh, then you just plain don't know what you're talking about.
That must be it. The overwhelming majority must be wrong and you're totally right. OR people have different tastes. One or the other.

Old 12-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #678
Temple Fugate
is right on time.

This is what I see when someone (such as Droopy) tries to say that they do not like Grant Morrison's style of writing.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Temple Fugate; 12-24-2012 at 07:01 PM. Reason: bad
Old 12-24-2012, 07:37 PM   #679
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temple Fugate View Post
This is what I see when someone (such as Droopy) tries to say that they do not like Grant Morrison's style of writing.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
I like Morrison's style but please don't try to say he's right with a Family Guy joke, FG shouldn't be used as an example for anything

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 12-24-2012, 09:32 PM   #680
Omegabat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Not everybody likes Morrison's story telling, a good example is with Final Crisis, some love it while most say it's trash.
Who exactly are these "most" people? FC as time passes by gets even more glowing praise,unfortunately for Snyder when the dust settles Court Of Owls and Death of the Family will be nothing more than gimmicks stories.

Joker cuts off his face,leaves it in the GCPD and then takes it back? WTF? what exactly is the point of this? what does Leather face Joker represent thematically? how is his face relevant to the plot thus far?.His face has nothing to do with what he has in store for the Batfamily.The whole development is unnecessary,I initially chalked it up to be one of Tony Daniels messes but Snyder came out and said that it was his idea.

Just a lousy gimmick that's what it is

Old 12-24-2012, 10:18 PM   #681
WeeZiTe
Side-Kick

Snyder didn't come out and say it was an idea. Daniel's had a few ideas that he wanted to use to change up the Joker and Snyder said he liked the idea of the cut off face and that he'd like to roll with it. And he has said that there's a specific reason that the Joker cut off his face. The story's not over yet, so it's silly complaining about it just yet. It could be dumb, it could be great. No one knows yet.

And Final Crisis was pretty bad. Morrison's a great writer, but that wasn't his best work. I feel that people that stand up for that story only do so because it's Morrison and they can do no wrong in their eyes. See, anyone could play this game. Weeeeeeeeee. That's why these "which writer's dick is bigger?" contests are so silly. Everyone has their own preferences and that's why it's so great to like Batman right now because there are a few different, unique voices on Batman that really kind of fill the need of every reader.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:16 AM   #682
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

I'd stand up for Final Crisis because it whole heartedly embraces what makes the DC universe unique and it has one of the best modern takes on the New Gods.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:54 AM   #683
Omegabat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeZiTe View Post
Snyder didn't come out and say it was an idea. Daniel's had a few ideas that he wanted to use to change up the Joker and Snyder said he liked the idea of the cut off face and that he'd like to roll with it. And he has said that there's a specific reason that the Joker cut off his face. The story's not over yet, so it's silly complaining about it just yet. It could be dumb, it could be great. No one knows yet.

And Final Crisis was pretty bad. Morrison's a great writer, but that wasn't his best work. I feel that people that stand up for that story only do so because it's Morrison and they can do no wrong in their eyes. See, anyone could play this game. Weeeeeeeeee. That's why these "which writer's dick is bigger?" contests are so silly. Everyone has their own preferences and that's why it's so great to like Batman right now because there are a few different, unique voices on Batman that really kind of fill the need of every reader.
Ok fair enough,we'll see in the upcoming weeks.

But FC was a masterpiece,the whole speech with Darkseid alone kicks the crap out of most comicbooks.

Old 12-25-2012, 01:30 AM   #684
Spade
Cool and Chiseled

Final Crisis starts off well, and I love it a little more for its ideas every time I re-read it. There's no other event comic of the last decade that has so much content packed in its panels. I don't (and will probably never) love its constant time skips, that you need to read Superman Beyond to get the complete story, or how it embraces the murder and mayhem it rails against. For me, the good parts happen to outweigh the bad.

Love for Snyder's Batman is love for comics. I can't hate on that. I've just never read anything from him that can hang with Morrison's work.

Old 12-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #685
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Quote:
That must be it. The overwhelming majority must be wrong and you're totally right. OR people have different tastes. One or the other.
Considering I actually have the ability to articulate why I feel the way I do, while all you can muster up is "everyone else agrees with me, so I must me right!!!" Yeah, I'll stick with thinking you're just wrong.

Old 12-25-2012, 09:15 AM   #686
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Quote:
See, anyone could play this game. Weeeeeeeeee. That's why these "which writer's dick is bigger?" contests are so silly.
Only the simple minded believe in that.

It's akin to a child shouting for their parents to stop finding because they lack the ability to properly disconcern the actual reasons behind the argument.

If you actually discussed the merits of both writer's works in an analytical way, some common ground - or at least mutual comprehension - could very easily be reached.

Old 12-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #687
WeeZiTe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn View Post
Only the simple minded believe in that.

It's akin to a child shouting for their parents to stop finding because they lack the ability to properly disconcern the actual reasons behind the argument.

If you actually discussed the merits of both writer's works in an analytical way, some common ground - or at least mutual comprehension - could very easily be reached.
Completely agreed about that. I'm not saying that everybody should like the same writer or shouldn't discuss different writers because that would make this forum boring. The part of my post that you quoted (and took away from the rest of the post, which kind of took away the context) was saying that it's easy to lazily discredit someone's writing. For example, the post that I quoted said that Snyder took credit for the faceless Joker idea and that it was pointless to the story, to which I replied that it wasn't his idea and that he has said that the face being off is part of the story that he hasn't gotten to yet. Then I said that only Morrison fanboys like FC as an example of how the other side can be *******s about things. Both opinions were completely misinformed. That's a "which writer's dick is bigger" contest.

A simple minded thing to say would be something like, "you don't know what you're talking about" when you're discussing a topic and disregard what someone else is saying because it doesn't line up with what you think.

Old 12-25-2012, 01:10 PM   #688
cryptic name
No Limits

I love or at least appreciate pretty much all of Morrison's comic work. But, for me, my favorite work he did on Batman was when he was writing JLA.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

I believe in Batfleck
Old 12-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #689
Lord
All Mighty

Snyder's Batman won IGN's award of best comic of 2012

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/best-of-2012...ic_Book_Series

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 12-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #690
Motown Marvel
Crimson and Clover

Gross.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:27 PM   #691
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

it's ign

Make mine DC, if you please.

every1 says im 2 aloof but idc
Old 12-26-2012, 05:00 PM   #692
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Can't spell ignorant without IGN.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #693
Lord
All Mighty

The coments they have are the complete opposite of the views in this forums

Old 12-27-2012, 01:32 AM   #694
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

thank u trxploa i will check it out

Make mine DC, if you please.

every1 says im 2 aloof but idc
Old 12-27-2012, 09:16 AM   #695
The Batman
The Dark Knight

The last few pages remind me of why I feel Snyder is the most overrated Batwriter since Miller, and at least with Miller I can understand why his work is praised to high heaven. Especially Rocketman's laughably bad post. I honestly think most (not all) people who like Snyder's current batwork are Nolan/Burton/TAS fanboys who don't read much Batcomics.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #696
DeGenerate10
Br Ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
The last few pages remind me of why I feel Snyder is the most overrated Batwriter since Miller, and at least with Miller I can understand why his work is praised to high heaven. Especially Rocketman's laughably bad post. I honestly think most (not all) people who like Snyder's current batwork are Nolan/Burton/TAS fanboys who don't read much Batcomics.
Or maybe just maybe not everyone has the same tastes as you.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #697
Karem-Knight
Side-Kick

/\ Yeah, but it's kind of like saying most people who like Jersey Shore don't read alot of books. It's an elitist opinion, but it's pretty much true.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:47 PM   #698
Omegabat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
That's a pretty bold assumption,I love Nolan and TAS but I hate Burton's Batman and dislike Snyder.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #699
Rocketman
Side-Kick

Lmao, some of you people need help. We just reached a point in the road where the new "fact" is that anyone who is a fanboy of Nolan/TAS/Burton is not a true fan of Batman comics.

Please, continue.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:20 PM   #700
Anubis
Sup?

I really was hoping you got banned.

Closed Thread