The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Actors from Original trilogy returning for a possible Days of Future past?
Ellen Page as Shadowcat 67 41.36%
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine 105 64.81%
Halle Berry as Storm 56 34.57%
Anna Paquin as Rogue 55 33.95%
James Marsden as Cyclops 82 50.62%
Ben Foster as Angel 28 17.28%
Kelsey Grammer as Beast 46 28.40%
Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler 49 30.25%
Shawn Ashmore as Iceman 48 29.63%
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey 64 39.51%
Taylor Kitsch as Gambit 39 24.07%
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus 44 27.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 06:59 PM   #401
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Par

X1 had 3 members since the beggining, but that doesnt mean there were more members the previous years.

It isnt realistic to think that Scott, Jean and Storm have been the only x-men since the 80's.

So an interesting question is: which mutants were team members right before X1?

Old 12-26-2012, 07:46 PM   #402
Supermanreturns
Side-Kick

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
X1 had 3 members since the beggining, but that doesnt mean there were more members the previous years.

It isnt realistic to think that Scott, Jean and Storm have been the only x-men since the 80's.

So an interesting question is: which mutants were team members right before X1?
Beast, surely. I remember in X3 when he put the costume he say to Wolverine that still fits it. So surely Beast was part of X-Men right before X1.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #403
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

idk about right before, but it was implied that he was still involve with them, between having his own suit, and his interactions with storm suggesting a history there, he was probably more of a teacher type to storm, Scott, and Jean, rather then a teammate

Last edited by Spider-Fan83; 12-28-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:31 PM   #404
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Refresh my memory: Were they ever called Avengers in the movie?

Old 12-26-2012, 09:07 PM   #405
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Refresh my memory: Were they ever called Avengers in the movie?
Nick Fury reactivated the "Avengers Initiative" and then the Shield agents track down/offer Hulk, Captain America and Iron Man to join the Avengers Initiative. Basically those three are part of the Avengers Initiative and they are called as The Avengers for short.

You keep referencing the other movies and you still don't get it. Magneto and Mystique weren't part of the X-Men. Can you imagine if Professor X told Magneto and Mystique that they were part of the X-Men, Magneto and Mystique would probably shook their heads in disagreement because when the word "X-Men" first came up, Magneto and Mystique already left Xavier.

If you watched the movie, its a common sense that once Magneto and Professor X went to their separate ways, the next thing that is likely to happen is the formation of their own teams- X-Men and the Brotherhood.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 12-26-2012, 09:55 PM   #406
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

.... They werent officially the first class till the end of the film when magneto and Charles parted ways and the phrase was coined imo.....

Though Im more annoyed that beast and the fbi built cerebro .... And not xavier and Eric

Old 12-26-2012, 10:50 PM   #407
The_Shadow
Side-Kick

That's likely not going to be the same Cerebro that will be at the mansion.
I would imagine Charles, and likely Beast instead of Erik would build a new one.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #408
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan83 View Post
idk about right before, but it was implied that he was still involve with them, between having his own suit, and his interactions with storm suggesting a history there, he was probably more of a teach type to storm, Scott, and Jean, rather then a teammate
I imagine that Beast was a few years older than the rest, but still a teammate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Shadow View Post
That's likely not going to be the same Cerebro that will be at the mansion.
I would imagine Charles, and likely Beast instead of Erik would build a new one.
I think that Erik will help Charles build the second Cerebro, since it's been mentioned in the movie before.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:41 PM   #409
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Cerebro isn't even in the mansion yet so it is still posible for Xavier and Eric to make it.

:o
Old 12-27-2012, 12:04 AM   #410
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

If they explain It at all they will likely go with the Magneto helped Xavier build a version
at mansion before they went to Cuba offscreen.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:16 AM   #411
Angamb
Banned User

if they show a new cerebro on this sequel.... would you all like to see a new cameo, or just to use cerebro to search an already established character?

Old 12-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #412
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

We may not even see Cerebro In film.

I think we are looking out 3 or 4 to join Patrick Stewert,Ian Mckellen,and
Hugh Jackman for future scenes with 1 or 2 as possibly cameos If they have
an ending where time traveler sees a different future at end where the future with Sentinles has been avoided

Halle Berry
Anna paquin or Ellen Page(I think Anna Is more likely but Ellen could still be used)
Rebecca Romijn
If Is 4 others then maybe also Shawn Ashmore or Daniel Cudmore(If Anna
Is In film then considering the role Iceman played Shawn Is more likely)

If there Is cameo at end then we can also see Famke Janssen or James
Marsden or both.They might also use ending to set up a full X-Men sequel with original cast.

Days of future Past Is both X4 and first Class2

Old 12-27-2012, 11:30 PM   #413
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Who knows, this new Cerebro might be the time travel machine!

Old 12-28-2012, 04:19 AM   #414
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I imagine that Beast was a few years older than the rest, but still a teammate.

I think that Erik will help Charles build the second Cerebro, since it's been mentioned in the movie before.
They explain Beats's decreased ageing in that he injected something from Mystique's blood into them.
And I'm with you in that I'd like to think Eric and Charles will build the second version in the mansion together.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:05 AM   #415
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
They explain Beats's decreased ageing in that he injected something from Mystique's blood into them.
And I'm with you in that I'd like to think Eric and Charles will build the second version in the mansion together.
That decreased aging idea is great, they should go that route.

I think Erik manipulated Cerebro too easily in X2 when he knew where to move those plates, so that's a sign to me that he's had experience with it before.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:11 AM   #416
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
That decreased aging idea is great, they should go that route.

I think Erik manipulated Cerebro too easily in X2 when he knew where to move those plates, so that's a sign to me that he's had experience with it before.
He did say he helped Charles make it

Old 12-29-2012, 08:19 AM   #417
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Yep! ^

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:19 PM   #418
Angamb
Banned User

Ellen Page set to star in a post apocaliptic movie:

http://collider.com/ellen-page-into-the-forest/222953/

mmm..... kind of ironic, hehe.

Still no date attached, tho.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:04 AM   #419
Angamb
Banned User

I did my first version of this list one month ago or so, but while doing this image, I changed it a bit.

Here is my vission of some of all the possible scenarios:

I took into account that around 4 x-men will appear on the future (appart from Charles and Eric) it could be 5, but I preffered to keep it a bit simpler.

We'll see if one of these options end being the final one on the movie

Old 01-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #420
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Option 10 would be sweeeeeeeeeeet, but option 1 seems more likely.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:08 AM   #421
Angamb
Banned User

Id love option 12, lol but its hiiiiiiiiiiiiiighly unlikely.

option 3 would be great, just like the comic, but since I dont expect them to use the same lineup for whatever reason, Id preffer option 2 or 1.

option 8 would be sweet too, but who knows if they want Scott or not...

Old 01-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #422
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

From most recent Mark Millar Interview there Is hint that Days of future past Is being treated as pure prequel and future with Sentinles Is being presented
as alternate from trilogy which comes out of the brotherhood successfully comitting assassination and by end of film when the event Is now prevented
the trilogy and The Wolverine come Into being.

Now beyond Xavier,Magneto,and Wolverine I think we are looking at 3 or 4 others.I think Mystique will be one so you have 3 characters In both timelines.
Thus besides Wolverine we are looking at 2 or possibly 3 other X-men.

I think we are looking at 4 likely possibltys for 2 or 3 other slots.

1:Rogue-If Bryan Singer can work out a schedule with HBO I think Anna Paquin's return Is a high probailty.Even In an alternate timeline Bryan may want to call back Wolverine and Rogue's close relationship In his X-Men films particuly X-Men
2:Cyclops-Bryan wanted to give James Marsden more to do In his X3 plans.James Is no longer In consideration for GOTG lead
3:Jean Grey-Famke Janssen's cameo In the Wolverine may be prelude to her return here.If DOFP's future Is alternate future Easy for Famke or James Marsden to return.Jean could fill the Rachel void
4:Storm-Halle Berry returning Is a possibilty even though some on this board aren't fans of her portral.If Storm Is not In future scenes It could be because they want to devote more time with Cyclops In future

I think Characters like Iceman and Colossus will be left out due to getting majoirty of bigger players from trilogy.

As for Kitty I think she Is mostly out since Bryan Is more inclined to bring back actors he used for X-men and X2.Plus It's more likely to give Rogue kitty's role even If Xavier or wolverine Is how time travel Is used.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:35 AM   #423
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I'd be content with Wolverine, Storm, Iceman and Rogue + cameos from Colossus, Angel. I couldn't care less about Shadowcat. But right now, the only X-Men I see going back to the past are Storm and Wolverine. I don't think the older version of Professor X / Magneto will go back to the past and I don't think they'll have a big role in the movie. I feel those two will only be saved for special moments.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:32 AM   #424
Filmboy
Banned User

I really hope Singer gives Famke a call. Famke says in a recent interview, she's sitting by the phone, waiting for Singer to call her.

"Hansel and Gretel" opens next week, so hopefully Famke can talk more about DOFP during press interviews.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:51 AM   #425
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmboy View Post
I really hope Singer gives Famke a call. Famke says in a recent interview, she's sitting by the phone, waiting for Singer to call her.

"Hansel and Gretel" opens next week, so hopefully Famke can talk more about DOFP during press interviews.
Famke must be return, either blank withe phoenix or Madelyne Pryor.She is very important in X-Men movies,many fans want her back.

Or maybe have an alternative future and his return would be simpler.

Last edited by Alison Blaire; 01-18-2013 at 06:06 AM.
Closed Thread