Webb's Amazing Spider-man 129 50.39%
I don't want to compare them 22 8.59%
They are equal 18 7.03%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #301
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Default Re: So now we've seen both, which was the best? - Part 1

Yeah, the de-masking after the school fight was the only time his mask comes off that bothered me a bit. The other times had enough reason to justify him taking it off or being taken off.

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:46 PM   #302
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Yeah, the de-masking after the school fight was the only time his mask comes off that bothered me a bit. The other times had enough reason to justify him taking it off or being taken off.
Agreed. It made sense as to why he took the mask off while saving Jack, or after Captain Stacy and Lizard pulled off his mask later on in the movie.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #303
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Agreed.

However on watching the deleted scene it is obvious that Peter was supposed to have a conversation with Conners in the school toilet after he changes back. So the mask was removed and then when the next scene got removed it looks like he removed the mask for no reason.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:56 PM   #304
Picard Sisko

I don't get how that deleted scene fits in with the movie. He supposedly walks in the bathroom with his mask off, finds Connors, and carries him away. What happens next?

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 12-26-2012, 09:05 PM   #305
Victarion
Cut

I liked The Amazing Spider-Man more than Spider-Man. The Lizard was a good villain to start with and the comic book feel was well-done. I'm looking forward to the serial style Webb seems to be going with.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #306
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
I liked The Amazing Spider-Man more than Spider-Man. The Lizard was a good villain to start with and the comic book feel was well-done. I'm looking forward to the serial style Webb seems to be going with.
Same. Leaves us with something to ponder on, and think about what's to come in the sequels.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:12 PM   #307
Juicy J
Side-Kick

Agreed. I am more than okay with them having a longer underlying narrative connecting this to all the successive sequels that will follow.

Juicy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #308
Picard Sisko

I wasn't very happy with the unresolved plots the first couple of times I saw the movie, but I kind of prefer it this way now. Marc has said many times that these things will be resolved.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:39 AM   #309
Victarion
Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I wasn't very happy with the unresolved plots the first couple of times I saw the movie, but I kind of prefer it this way now. Marc has said many times that these things will be resolved.
I think the unresolved stuff is due to the threat of the Lizard and Peter taking his father's words (according to Ben) to heart. Also, I really like Captain Stacey presenting Peter with his mask at the end of the film as well as the significance of Peter chosing the spider motif for his costume/persona.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:16 AM   #310
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Predator View Post
Just off the top of my head: Pete's first test of his powers wasn't in any sort of disguise, his re-test after his power loss in SM2 also wasn't in a disguise, he had a minor problem with his mask on the train in SM2 and immediately took it off, he stood on two buildings--just before and just after-- his initial confrontation with Sandman without the mask in SM3.

In an age where everyone has camera phones, it stands to reason that someone would have gotten a pic of him without the mask. For both Raimi and Webb, I'm sure it came down to reservations about the lead actor having his face covered, but I thought it did a disservice on bouth counts.
Count all the time he's maskless in Raimi trilogy and I dont think it would exceed TASM's

First time he tests his power,Do you expect him to make a costume before that?
In SM2,he already threw it away and didnt even knew whether his powers were back or not,so it didnt make sense for him to wear a costume
It bothered me during the train scene and in SM3 when he was standing on top a building maskless at that festival.Thats 2 in 3 movies

Dont get me started on TASM's maskless scenes

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:18 AM   #311
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I do think it is a hollywood thing, in Cap Am and TA they try and get Caps helmet/mask off at any oppurtunity, same with the Spidey films.
Definitely
Same with that Iron Man's inside view or whatever it is called

Old 12-27-2012, 05:24 AM   #312
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I don't think that's possible. They ask for an ID whenever you have to sign up for things like that. This would especially apply to Peter because he is still in high school and looks fairly young so ghey would have to check whether or not he is at least 18. The only possible explanation to why he couldnt get caught is if he signed up with a fake ID but there is no evidence to show that he did and that is pure speculation on my part.
And there is no evidence to suggest that they asked for an ID and even if they did,its a given that Peter gave a fake ID since he was probably under 18 at that time
As far as we saw,we didnt even saw him sign up
'I didnt sign up for this' is just a figure of speech

Quote:
I do find it funny how barely anyone addressed this part of the movie not just now but for the past 10 years. Meanwhile, Andrew's Peter does things like fight a bunch of drunk guys in a subway that don't know him, won't remember his face (because they're drunk), and will probably never see Peter again. How do people react to this?

"Oh my God!! How does the whole city not know he is Spider-Man already?????"

Blinded by nostalgia pretty much, people?
No matter how drunk you are,you will always be surprised to see a guy jumping up and sticking to the ceiling,not stare like its no big deal and then go 'He ruined my suit'

Old 12-27-2012, 07:52 AM   #313
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
Definitely
Though at least with the inside view of Iron Man, his mask stays on.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:35 AM   #314
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Definitely
Yep, and the lack of Thor wearing a helmet as someone else said.

Quote:
And there is no evidence to suggest that they asked for an ID and even if they did,its a given that Peter gave a fake ID since he was probably under 18 at that time
As far as we saw,we didnt even saw him sign up
'I didnt sign up for this' is just a figure of speech

No matter how drunk you are,you will always be surprised to see a guy jumping up and sticking to the ceiling,not stare like its no big deal and then go 'He ruined my suit'
Yep, not to mention not everyone forgets when they are drunk, no matter how drunk I get I can always remember the events of the night before.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #315
Rise_-
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Agreed.

However on watching the deleted scene it is obvious that Peter was supposed to have a conversation with Conners in the school toilet after he changes back. So the mask was removed and then when the next scene got removed it looks like he removed the mask for no reason.
Nope.

Why would Peter remove his mask in the library? Is Peter psychic, did he know he was going to come across Connors in human form in the bathroom?

If you watch the previs for the school/library battle it makes sense.

Peter is knocked into the shelves by the Lizard, like in the movie... but then, the Lizard comes towards Peter. Which actually makes sense, why would the Lizard just suddenly take off (like he does in the movie) when he has Peter almost knocked out? Because he was going to turn back into Connors? Hm, maybe.

Now I think they shot this but never got the effects for the Lizard complete... or something like that. Because in the movie once Peter's slammed against the shelves, you can see that the mask on the suit is ready to be taken off. But it never is.

Then Peter finds Connors in the bathroom, like in the deleted scene we've seen.

Rise_- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #316
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise_- View Post
Nope.

Why would Peter remove his mask in the library? Is Peter psychic, did he know he was going to come across Connors in human form in the bathroom?

Peter is knocked into the shelves by the Lizard, like in the movie... but then, the Lizard comes towards Peter. Which actually makes sense, why would the Lizard just suddenly take off (like he does in the movie) when he has Peter almost knocked out? Because he was going to turn back into Connors? Hm, maybe.

Now I think they shot this but never got the effects for the Lizard complete... or something like that. Because in the movie once Peter's slammed against the shelves, you can see that the mask on the suit is ready to be taken off. But it never is.

That actually makes more sense...

Old 12-27-2012, 11:40 AM   #317
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
That actually makes more sense...
why did they cut that out? , hey can you give an advice of how to put a poster on the wall without sticking on it?

and Batman(1989)
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
AF3619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #318
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Definitely
Not really the same as Iron Man since Stark still has the helmet on.

Quote:
Nope.

Was this going to be what happened? If so, this is interesting...but why bring up Connors knowing his father, when this has already been acknowledged earlier in the film?

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #319
Picard Sisko

You could potentially frame it and hang it on your wall. It would keep it in good condition, too.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #320
Rise_-
Side-Kick

Well, he's not talking to just Connors in that. He's talking to Connors, whilst Connors is trying fight against the Lizard.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #321
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
You could potentially frame it and hang it on your wall. It would keep it in good condition, too.
thanks , but is a little off my budget

-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
AF3619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #322
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Well, he's not talking to just Connors in that. He's talking to Connors, whilst Connors is trying fight against the Lizard.
It seemed like Connors was perfectly fine earlier in the battle though as Lizard when they ran into that classroom and Connors mixed those chemicals together while talking about 'curing' everyone.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:21 PM   #323
Rise_-
Side-Kick

But again, that's the the serum twisting his mind.

Does Connors want to turn everyone into monsters before he uses the serum and becomes the Lizard, or after? lol

I thought the whole Jekyll/Hyde thing that the serum/turning into the Lizard was doing to Connors was obvious.

In the previs you see the Lizard struggling, he holds his head after Peter mentions Richard.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #324
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I think the deleted scenes made the Jekyll/Hyde thing obvious, but the theatrical cut didn't seem like it, so I think I could be thinking of the theatrical cut and how the deleted scenes handled them.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:59 PM   #325
Picard Sisko

I thought it was obvious he wanted to turn everyone into Lizards after taking the serum? And he was clearly back to being a good guy after turning back into Dr. Connors. He catches Peter, and asks about "the Captain" in a worried manner.