The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #51
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Merry Christmas Thor lovers!

Old 12-25-2012, 02:43 PM   #52
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Merry Christmas everyone!

IRON MAN III - THOR: THE DARK WORLD - CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
Old 12-25-2012, 09:12 PM   #53
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
what possible reason would cbm.com have to claim that tweet happened, when it didn't? I mean really. That is ridiculous and insulting to those people who work on that site.Much more likely James opened his big mouth, and was quickly told by Marvel to delete the tweet, and keep his mouth shut. It's not the first time paid professionals misconstrue what was said in an article and interview. Being paid doesn't make them reputable or reliable, it just means that they know what to write to get magazines sold.
"cbm.com" is that Site That Cannot Be Written Here. It's not the same as comicbook.com, a site that has definitely dropped the ball on more occasions than I can count. As their title indicates, they're better at keeping up with print than film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Happy Holidays peeps! I 2nd that. Gunn posted it on Facebook also, before deleting it. He replied to a few comments on there. I quoted one of his replies, on Twitter and I was surprised to get a response from him.

Fair enough. Thanks.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 12-26-2012, 03:23 AM   #54
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Not officially.
Gunn merely stated that "almost everything in that Variety article....was/is completely inaccurate" in his Tweet. Doesn't specify which part(s) constitute the "almost."

Plus, Gunn's Tweet itself is strictly hearsay, and comes from a highly questionable source. Comicbook.com is the *only* website that reported seeing Gunn's Tweet, but that Tweet does not exist now, nor has anyone else been able to corroborate Comicbook.com's report.

In short, it comes down to who you prefer to believe --- Variety, or Comicbook.com. I'll take the professional journalists whose pay and reputation are dependent on getting their sources right. (....That's Variety, for those who were wondering. )
I quoted that tweet in the GotG forum. Believe me, he tweeted that. I saw it.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 12-26-2012, 08:56 AM   #55
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I don't know...I don't give up hope so easily. It took a long enough time for the Hobbit movies and there were many many stumbling blocks, but it was made nonetheless despite the difficulties. I think with the Silmarillion there are so many characters and so many stories that connecting them all together would be quite a task. But dammit I want to see Glorfindel kicking Balrog butt because he's been so shafted, especially in Lord of the Rings.
I know not to give up hope but it just seems they're not really interested in letting someone TRY to film Silmarillion.
You have to admit, It's not that easy a task, not to mention I'm sure everyone who's read it has a different idea of what everything looks like.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 12-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #56
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
I quoted that tweet in the GotG forum. Believe me, he tweeted that. I saw it.

You (and Elizah, too) might want to revisit the GoTG forum now. Gunn is already denying that he denied Variety. And Variety is saying that Gunn is basically full of ****, and they stand by their story.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:25 AM   #57
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Why are they confusing us?!

Old 12-27-2012, 07:18 AM   #58
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
Why are they confusing us?!
It's Gunn's fault. He and the producers (Marvel) didn't compare casting notes before he Tweetied a Tweet that basically insulted the largest trade paper in Hollywood. Fandom misinterpreted it as meaning that the report that Levi and Sturgess were 2/3 of the finalists for Star-Lord was patently false, and that left Variety, implicitly, with egg on their face. Variety, understandably, is not very appreciative of Gunn stirring up all that **** right now.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:18 AM   #59
elizah72
Side-Kick

So like I said, Gunn has a big mouth. ROFL... oh well, I still like Slither.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:35 PM   #60
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

News are so slow lately. I miss the pics and videos from the sets.
Hopefully things will pick up again soon, with a first look on Kurse, if possible.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:28 AM   #61
Godzilla2000
Humble Huntress

We still have yet to see what Loki looks like in the movie.

- I take growing my hair extremely long for charity VERY seriously. Think of the children!

STOP THE INSANITY!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Understanding me:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...usaolp00000592
Old 12-28-2012, 05:18 AM   #62
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnbjorn View Post
News are so slow lately. I miss the pics and videos from the sets.
Hopefully things will pick up again soon, with a first look on Kurse, if possible.
INDEED,Kurse I need too see. I wish we'd at least get some concept art.
Welcome aboard Jarn!

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 12-28-2012, 06:42 AM   #63
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
I suspect he won't look all that different from the way he did in the other 2 movies. After people being so upset that they haven't seen him, they'll finally see him and be like. That's it? He looks just like he did before! lol...

although perhaps he'll have on a not so regal prison outfit through some of it.... other than that, just some tweaks to his previous costumes I would assume.

I'm hoping January will bring something official like some a set picture or two or artwork but certainly not until after the holidays.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:08 AM   #64
Godzilla2000
Humble Huntress

When does this movie open in theaters anyways?

- I take growing my hair extremely long for charity VERY seriously. Think of the children!

STOP THE INSANITY!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Understanding me:
Old 12-28-2012, 07:28 AM   #65
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
If he goes the way he was going when we last saw him, probably very hammered

Old 12-28-2012, 07:31 AM   #66
Godzilla2000
Humble Huntress

Oh noes...maybe he needs to join AA, Asgardians Anonymous, or something. That would explain why he wasn't eating Shawarma, because he was passed out underneath the table.

STOP THE INSANITY!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Understanding me:
Old 12-28-2012, 07:46 AM   #67
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
When does this movie open in theaters anyways?
Nov. 8 .... so far away!

Quote:
If he goes the way he was going when we last saw him, probably very hammered
*sound of crickets*

Quote:
Oh noes...maybe he needs to join AA, Asgardians Anonymous, or something. That would explain why he wasn't eating Shawarma, because he was passed out underneath the table.

Erik wasn't there either for that matter. Although he probably needed to have a lie down after trippin' out on the Tesseract for so long.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:56 AM   #68
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

How dare you poke fun at my humor

Old 12-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #69
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
How dare you poke fun at my humor
Sorry, had to be done.

This looks like it may be a closeup of the Einherjar uniform for Thor 2. This actor is supposedly in Thor 2 but did not list himself as in Thor 1.

http://www.starnow.co.uk/thealexander

I know... nothing too exciting... just thought I'd share anyway.
there are also a couple pics of him in what looks like some of the invaders from Bourne Woods but that could certainly be for a different movie.

This one is listed for a dancer for Thor 2.
http://www.starnow.co.uk/sabikerr
2012 Dancer - Film - 'Thor 2' character movement workshop - Alan Taylor

will we be getting Thor the Musical by any chance? not sure what character movement workshop might mean. LOL

I've also seen extras listed for at least 2 students (one listed library student) and at least 3 diners (one listed for OXO restaurant)

Last edited by elizah72; 12-28-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #70
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
This looks like it may be a closeup of the Einherjar uniform for Thor 2. This actor is supposedly in Thor 2 but did not list himself as in Thor 1.

http://www.starnow.co.uk/thealexander

I know... nothing too exciting... just thought I'd share anyway.
there are also a couple pics of him in what looks like some of the invaders from Bourne Woods but that could certainly be for a different movie.

<pictures deleted>
I agree. Einherjar.

Quote:
This one is listed for a dancer for Thor 2.
http://www.starnow.co.uk/sabikerr
2012 Dancer - Film - 'Thor 2' character movement workshop - Alan Taylor

will we be getting Thor the Musical by any chance? not sure what character movement workshop might mean. LOL
Well, here is a plot/character movement workshop worksheet: http://www.connieflynn.com/char-plot-movmnt.pdf

And here is an announcement for a movement/character workshop from a guy who on Cirque du Soleil: http://www.examiner.com/article/move...leil-performer

So I think a character movement workshop is some sort of on-set but off-camera seminar for the cast to improve how they convey their characters' emotional states kinestheticly (ie, through their movements)

Quote:
I've also seen extras listed for at least 2 students (one listed library student) and at least 3 diners (one listed for OXO restaurant)
Seems logical to have those guys. It could be that those people are in those locales when a fight sequence goes by. Or they could be in the background for scenes that take place in those locales. I think the latter is more likely. (eg, in Thor1 we had diners in Izzy's cafe and people in the Puente Antiguo public library).

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 12-28-2012, 12:23 PM   #71
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Quote:
I suspect he won't look all that different from the way he did in the other 2 movies. After people being so upset that they haven't seen him, they'll finally see him and be like. That's it? He looks just like he did before! lol...

although perhaps he'll have on a not so regal prison outfit through some of it.... other than that, just some tweaks to his previous costumes I would assume.

I'm hoping January will bring something official like some a set picture or two or artwork but certainly not until after the holidays.
yeah, we've talked about this before too haha. I agree, he probably won't look MUCH different, and it is probably a mere coincidence that he hasn't been around yet.

Most likely it just so happens that people near set haven't been around for a scene when loki was filming, cause we know he's been on set obviously

Quote:
Quote:
Nov. 8 .... so far away!
think of it this way...remember when it was october? It's now almost January

*sound of crickets*

Erik wasn't there either for that matter. Although he probably needed to have a lie down after trippin' out on the Tesseract for so long.

on a separate note though, I do agree and think we should get art work soon. I am dying to see Kurse.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #72
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Quote:

For me, wanting to see Loki on location is not so much a matter of me wanting to know if they have changed his appearance, as much as it is about wondering how much he will be used in the movie, as I tend to agree his look will most likely not be changed too much from the previous films. I really hope he gets a fair amount of screen time and I would like to see him play a pivotal part in the movie despite not being the main Villian. In Alan Taylor we trust.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 12-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #73
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

your avy made me think, how I would love to see Thor and Silver Surfer go at it on screen.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #74
Godzilla2000
Humble Huntress

That might not happen though since Fox owns the rights to the Surfer.

STOP THE INSANITY!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Understanding me:
Old 12-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #75
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
That might not happen though since Fox owns the rights to the Surfer.
it won't happen. But I am just saying I would love it