The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 08:27 PM   #276
TheGuy
Side-Kick
 
TheGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 673
Default Re: Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanBeyond View Post
I don't think this particular flaw has anything to do with the quasi-realism of Nolan's batmovies, it's just a technical aspect that for some baffling reason Nolan and Co. didn't give more attention to.
Camera work. Had fans not complained about the shaky cam in BB...

TheGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:42 PM   #277
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,688
Default Re: Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanBeyond View Post
I don't think this particular flaw has anything to do with the quasi-realism of Nolan's batmovies, it's just a technical aspect that for some baffling reason Nolan and Co. didn't give more attention to.
Probably; which is ironic since I thought Nolan did a great job with how he went about doing his action scenes in "Inception", which took place right before TDKR, so it kind of baffles me on how we got some of the stuff that we did in TDKR.


Also, another thing that I noticed is that there are times where a person shoots a gun, nothing happens. What I mean by that is that the gun doesn't even given the illusion that it's been shot; only the sound effect of a gun being shot is added, and it really takes me out of the moment when I see a person get shot, yet not a single bullet wound shown to give off the illusion once more that the guy has been shot.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:27 PM   #278
Hawkeye70000000
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 43
Default Re: Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

I noticed than in the beginning when the CIA agent is trying to get info about bane, they stick one the masked men head out and the agent fires his gun, but there was no flash that followed. Unless the speed of the plane moving diffuses that flash I would have that it should have been there.

Also, at the end, fox is trying to get reactor system back online so they could reconnect the device to stabilize it, the system seems to trigger a new program that causes one of the walls to explode and cause the river water to rush in and make reconnecting the device impossible. The ultimate backup to making sure the bomb went off; no trigger needed. (I couldn't remember how the underground complex had been flooded until I was able to watch it again for second time yesterday)

Hawkeye70000000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:56 PM   #279
hafizbat
Side-Kick
 
hafizbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,618
Default Re: Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

In the pit, Wayne wears a blue jacket/shirt, very similar to the blue jacket he wore in BB, in the prison at the beginning. (wish his hair/beard was longer in the pit, IMO Bale looked most badass in the prison in BB)

When Alfred brings Bruce his breakfast (when he's in the cave) he brings him the same green juice as he does in BB.

hafizbat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:34 AM   #280
TheBat812
Side-Kick
 
TheBat812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,069
Default Re: Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

While many times it seems like people should be shooting, the thing is that bats typically positions himself in between thugs, so they would essentially be shooting towards their own men.

__________________
"No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness." - Aristotle
TheBat812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #281
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight
 
BatmanBeyond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Neo-Gotham
Posts: 1,438
Default Re: Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
While many times it seems like people should be shooting, the thing is that bats typically positions himself in between thugs, so they would essentially be shooting towards their own men.
That does make sense and the truth is that I've never really been bothered by these apparent blunders while watching the films, they've never hindered my experience. It's only when I look back on these particular scenes that I notice the awkwardness.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham's Knight View Post
When you're a show that has the writer of The Dark Knight, Jesus, Ben Linus and produced by JJ Abrams, it's hard to get cancelled.
Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
BatmanBeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #282
LtPidgeon
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4
Default Re: Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

I got the Bluray version for Christmas and watched it for the first time today after seeing the movie at an IMAX theatre. I am sure they have shortened the Selena Kyle safe cracking pearl theft scene as I remember her bending down at the safe. In my Bluray version, she places the tray of food on the table and the next shot shows her wearing the pearls. The first we know that she has stolen them is when Bruce Wayne goes to the safe.

I cannot seem to find any reference to this deleted scene elsewhere on the Internet. Even my wife remembered the safe scene. I must add that I remember this scene so vividly because AH was so hot in it.

LtPidgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #283
James.B
Nothing to see here.
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: England
Posts: 238
Default Re: Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

Nope, the only shot of her bending down was at Dagget's safe in her cat suit.

James.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #284
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight
 
BatmanBeyond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Neo-Gotham
Posts: 1,438
Default Re: Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comics View Post
Camera work. Had fans not complained about the shaky cam in BB...
Those complaints were rather moot in a sense, because the shaky cam was a conscious decision in BB. It was about seeing things from the perspective of the thugs that Batman beats up and it was also a way to underline the 'fear' aspect (yes, I know that word is also spelled out a lot of times in the movie as well).

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham's Knight View Post
When you're a show that has the writer of The Dark Knight, Jesus, Ben Linus and produced by JJ Abrams, it's hard to get cancelled.
Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
BatmanBeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #285
LtPidgeon
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4
Default Re: Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.B View Post
Nope, the only shot of her bending down was at Dagget's safe in her cat suit.
There was definitely more of her in the maid outfit. She was hot. I remember her legs.

LtPidgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #286
James.B
Nothing to see here.
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: England
Posts: 238
Default Re: Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtPidgeon View Post
There was definitely more of her in the maid outfit. She was hot. I remember her legs.
I don't remember that.The only thing I can think of is when she climbs the window.

James.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #287
Hawkeye70000000
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 43
Default Re: Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

While this isn't something that I just noticed, but got me thinking. When batman makes his first appearance, Foley decides to go after the batman and he does this by, what seems like, sending every on duty officer and swat team to this chase. I thought is was interesting that the police couldn't catch batman with all their forces chasing him.

Hawkeye70000000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:41 PM   #288
LtPidgeon
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4
Default Re: Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.B View Post
I don't remember that.The only thing I can think of is when she climbs the window.
I am positive there was more of a build up to that scene, but I can't find any mention of it anywhere. My mind can't be playing tricks on me as I've been waiting for the Bluray release since I saw this in the summer.

LtPidgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #289
JackWhite
Third Man
 
JackWhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,853
Default Re: Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye70000000 View Post
While this isn't something that I just noticed, but got me thinking. When batman makes his first appearance, Foley decides to go after the batman and he does this by, what seems like, sending every on duty officer and swat team to this chase. I thought is was interesting that the police couldn't catch batman with all their forces chasing him.
Just finished watching the film again, and picked up on that too! That return scene is just beyond epic. I think I can honestly say that I flat out love the film now. Only thing that bugs me is the lack of a strong Gotham voice, and still the films length.

I watched it with my mom for the first time and she loved it too. She kept mentioning how Bane had a bad ass voice. There was only one line of dialogue that she couldn't pick up.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #290
LtPidgeon
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4
Default Re: Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.B View Post
I don't remember that.The only thing I can think of is when she climbs the window.
Didn't the scene show her dusting the safe for his prints?

LtPidgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:51 PM   #291
James.B
Nothing to see here.
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: England
Posts: 238
Default Re: Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtPidgeon View Post
Didn't the scene show her dusting the safe for his prints?
I'm pretty sure it didn't.

James.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #292
kvz5
HBIC
 
kvz5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 20,594
Default Re: Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtPidgeon View Post
Didn't the scene show her dusting the safe for his prints?
I don't recall ever seeing such a scene. I don't think it was shown because we were never meant to find out what she did until Bruce was explaining it to Alfred.

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #293
vaden78
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 146
Default Re: Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
I don't recall ever seeing such a scene. I don't think it was shown because we were never meant to find out what she did until Bruce was explaining it to Alfred.
The scene in where the special forces are hung from the bridge. I seem to remember in the the theater it was a huge first person camera shot, and not just Bruce seeing it on that television. Anyone else?

vaden78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:10 PM   #294
hammerhedd11
OHaiMark
 
hammerhedd11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,430
Default Re: Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanBeyond View Post
Those complaints were rather moot in a sense, because the shaky cam was a conscious decision in BB. It was about seeing things from the perspective of the thugs that Batman beats up and it was also a way to underline the 'fear' aspect (yes, I know that word is also spelled out a lot of times in the movie as well).
Yeah, it's pretty laughable that people attribute that change to the fans. If Nolan listened to the fans like that, why didn't he change the Bat-voice, or the millions of other complaints?

__________________
Avatar made by Kane

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
hammerhedd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:00 AM   #295
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!
 
Anita18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 24,534
Default Re: Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaden78 View Post
The scene in where the special forces are hung from the bridge. I seem to remember in the the theater it was a huge first person camera shot, and not just Bruce seeing it on that television. Anyone else?
I only remember it being seen from Bruce's POV on the TV. You see his reaction before you see the bodies hanging.

It's pretty amazing what we think we saw, isn't it?

__________________
To relive the TDK virals (or learn more!) visit http://www.whysoseriousredux.com
Anita18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:02 AM   #296
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!
 
Anita18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 24,534
Default Re: Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
I don't recall ever seeing such a scene. I don't think it was shown because we were never meant to find out what she did until Bruce was explaining it to Alfred.
Right. It's why it's a twist about the print dust - usually it's be Bruce doing such a thing.

__________________
To relive the TDK virals (or learn more!) visit http://www.whysoseriousredux.com
Anita18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #297
Just_Human
Side-Kick
 
Just_Human's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,343
Default Re: Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtPidgeon View Post
I am positive there was more of a build up to that scene, but I can't find any mention of it anywhere. My mind can't be playing tricks on me as I've been waiting for the Bluray release since I saw this in the summer.
You are wrong

Just_Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #298
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.
 
TheIrishAvenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 6,877
Default Re: Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

Christian Bale's Eye Wart.

__________________
"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR
7.11.14



TheIrishAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #299
vaden78
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 146
Default Re: Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
I only remember it being seen from Bruce's POV on the TV. You see his reaction before you see the bodies hanging.

It's pretty amazing what we think we saw, isn't it?
It truly is.

vaden78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #300
Victarion
Cut
 
Victarion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,116
Default Re: Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

Talia jumped out. Bane survived. JGL was wearing a green jacket at the end of the movie.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Trevorrow
But with all this talk of filmmakers “ruining our childhood”, we forget that right now is someone else’s childhood. This is their time.
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.