The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #76
Godzilla2000
Arctic Conscience

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Yeah, it's a shame though because Doug Jones and Lawrence Fishburn were a great tandem as the Surfer.

- You are the ugliest people on the planet.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #77
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Yeah, I pretty much hated Fantastic Four 2, but the way they handled the Silver Surfer was pretty awesome all the same. Galactus obviously is a different story entirely. Also, a Thor Vs. Silver Surfer face off (like they did with Hulk and Thor) would be at the top of my list for what I would like to see as a fan, but it looks unlikely as Fox has a FF reboot in the works. However, you never know maybe they will drop the ball and the rights will go back to Marvel or perhaps Fox will get their shared universe together and somehow Marvel and Fox will work together to get some cross overs done. Who knows what the future holds, but it's an exciting time to be a comic book fan.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 12-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #78
Godzilla2000
Arctic Conscience

Maybe we can hope that Marvel gets the rights back to the Silver Surfer at least. It would be rather interesting to see Chris Evans as Cap interacting with the Surfer.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:45 PM   #79
elizah72
Side-Kick

Oh, lordy I just watched FF2 again the other day, remembering that Don Payne (a writer for Thor 1 and Thor 2 ) was a co-writer, and hoping it wasn't as bad as it was the first time I saw it. It wasn't. the majority of the dialogue CORN-Y Here's hoping that the writers who rework Payne's script for Thor 2 make some major improvements. Surfer was one of the few cool things there about that flick.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #80
Godzilla2000
Arctic Conscience

I don't know about this but maybe Don Payne was the writer partly responsible for Silver Surfer's plot arc and dialogue.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:24 PM   #81
Surfer

Well there was many problems with FF2 for sure, but for me it all starts with wanting to tell the story with a certain perspective. Their perspective from the get go was Fantastic Four was going to be a comedy, which to me is the wrong perspective not to mention most of it was just not funny. The Fantastic Four should embrace three major themes, Family, Science and Adventure. If they get those themes right, followed by the look and feel of the characters much of the rest of it would fall into place. They don't even really need to create a story, hell they have about 50 years of comics with kick @$$ stories to choose from, pick one. It always ticks me off when director's think their artistic liscense superceeds the original content. I mean don't get me wrong I know certain changes need to be made for film, but sometimes the descisions are just a complete blaten disregard for the source material . Which is why I am pleased that Marvel is now responsible for their own movies (at least the ones they still own the rights too), because nobody is going to care for their characters like they will. Don't get me wrong they are not perfect and they have made a few poor choices (whiplash with mechanized suit), but I always feel they try their best to please fans even before the general public.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 12-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #82
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

It looked like the FF2 was going to be awesome during the 1st half of the movie, then it went downhill from when DD says his powers comes from his board.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #83
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
INDEED,Kurse I need too see. I wish we'd at least get some concept art.
Welcome aboard Jarn!
Thanks, Vartha.
Yes, some concept art would be just fine!

Old 12-28-2012, 11:10 PM   #84
American Maid
Side-Kick

Glad you joined us, Jarnbjorn!

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 12-29-2012, 02:25 AM   #85
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

i was reading through the contents of Marvel phase 1 box set... luks like they r packaging teaser for IM3, Thor TDW, and Cap Winter soldier...so we have to w8 for april to getting any first footage of thor i guess....

Old 12-29-2012, 04:51 AM   #86
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
i was reading through the contents of Marvel phase 1 box set... luks like they r packaging teaser for IM3, Thor TDW, and Cap Winter soldier...so we have to w8 for april to getting any first footage of thor i guess....

Old 12-29-2012, 05:26 AM   #87
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Glad you joined us, Jarnbjorn!
Thank you; I'm glad too. Also,glad this username was available.

Old 12-29-2012, 05:38 AM   #88
Godzilla2000
Arctic Conscience

Better watch out now. You'll be creating yourself an army of clones registering variations of your name just to kid with you.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #89
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
LOL! Ditto!!!

I'm finding that few things annoy me more than articles stating in the title things like "so and so talks about Thor 2!" and then read the article and so and so said absolutely nothing about Thor 2

Old 12-29-2012, 08:28 AM   #90
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
Yeah, I pretty much hated Fantastic Four 2, but the way they handled the Silver Surfer was pretty awesome all the same.

Surfer
Pretty much how I see it and it's a damn shame. Now if we could somehow magically transplant the surfer from FF2 into one of the Marvel Studios movies, that would be awesome.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:39 AM   #91
elizah72
Side-Kick

I was watching on Youtube the Thor premier the other day, and Doug Jones mentioned that there was talk about a stand alone Silver Surfer film at one point, etc, but it had been pushed aside or something, and he encouraged people to ask for it.

Here Doug starts at about... 1:12, starts talking SS at 1:14
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 12-29-2012, 08:44 AM   #92
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Hell, they wouldn't even need Fishburne to return either. Doug's perfectly capable of doing voice duties too, just look at how seemlessly he replaced David Hyde Pierce in Hellboy 2.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:57 AM   #93
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Better watch out now. You'll be creating yourself an army of clones registering variations of your name just to kid with you.
You mean like "Järnbjörn" ("Jaernbjoern", in case those characters don't come out)?

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 12-29-2012, 09:06 AM   #94
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
You mean like "Järnbjörn" ("Jaernbjoern", in case those characters don't come out)?
Sounds like a good idea.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #95
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
Hell, they wouldn't even need Fishburne to return either. Doug's perfectly capable of doing voice duties too, just look at how seemlessly he replaced David Hyde Pierce in Hellboy 2.
Yeah, I would love Doug to continue the role and I agree he could easily handle the complete character, but I would still ideally like the rights to revert back to Marvel.

I hope we get some more Thor news soon. The hype forums can be like a drug and when there is no news I go through withdrawls. Pretty sad. Lol

Surfer

Old 12-29-2012, 10:45 AM   #96
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, I would love Doug to continue the role and I agree he could easily handle the complete character, but I would still ideally like the rights to revert back to Marvel.

I hope we get some more Thor news soon. The hype forums can be like a drug and when there is no news I go through withdrawls. Pretty sad. Lol

Surfer
yeah it's tough when there is so little. We got spoiled by so much coming out and all the set pics and even videos too. I wouldnt expect much of anything more until after the new year anyway, at least. I'm a bit worried we wont get a trailer until the Phase one box set is out in April (and I'm saving up my money now)

Old 12-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #97
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:

Surfer
Hell yes.

Imagine Doug's surfer zipping round in space against the Chitauri ships in the Avengers movie; would have looked awesome. Even better - imagine that it would have eventually led to a Surfer/Thanos fight.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:05 PM   #98
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
yeah it's tough when there is so little. We got spoiled by so much coming out and all the set pics and even videos too. I wouldnt expect much of anything more until after the new year anyway, at least. I'm a bit worried we wont get a trailer until the Phase one box set is out in April (and I'm saving up my money now)
Well I guess it's either feast or famine, the feast was really nice while it lasted, but now it makes the famine part more difficult to deal with, even though it is to be expected. As for the phase one box set, I haven't reserved mine yet, but my Birthday is almost exactly on the release date, so I told my wife that would be the ultimate birthday present if she got it for me, so we will see what happens.

Surfer

Old 12-29-2012, 12:53 PM   #99
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
Hell yes.

Imagine Doug's surfer zipping round in space against the Chitauri ships in the Avengers movie; would have looked awesome. Even better - imagine that it would have eventually led to a Surfer/Thanos fight.
If that happened I would be pretty much in fandom heaven, but I would really like to see a Defenders movie also in a similar fashion to the way they put together the Avengers. As they could easily introduce Valkyrie in the Thor movies (possibly even Black Knight) and Dr. Strange will be getting his own movie soon enough. As for Namor (or possibly even Namorita) well there was talk a while ago about doing an underwater Star Wars when it was still with Universal, but that doesn't mean Marvel couldn't pick up the ball and run with it. Then Hulk could return to his solo movies and do an Avengers Trilogy before joining the Defenders making room for other characters in the Avengers roster. So, I am not suggesting this would be something I would want to see happen right of way, but it would be a dream if something like that could happen and develope slowly over the next 10 years time, with of course ideally Marvel regaining the rights to the Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer along the way. Creating a Fantastic Four Film of their own while reintroducing the Silver Surfer to the public and this time with Galactus being done in a proper manner, which of course in my dream leads to a Silver Surfer solo series and his inclusion in the Defenders movie.

So, I have my fingers crossed that Fox screws up and can't get the movie into production before 2013, which is when I believe the rights will revert back to Marvel. So, here is hoping.

Surfer

Last edited by Surfer; 12-29-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #100
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Thanos vs the silver surfer would be nuts! Wouldn't be much of a fight though :P