The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

View Poll Results: What Scene Made You Cry Like A Baby Needing To Be Fed?
Bane/Talia's tearful goodbye 6 3.68%
Bane Saving Talia as a Child 6 3.68%
Alfred losing it at Bruce's Funeral 90 55.21%
Bruce starting the home for orphans 15 9.20%
Batman revealing to Gordon that he was Bruce Wayne the whole time 41 25.15%
I'm a tough guy and I never cry. 35 21.47%
Another scene (If another scene not listen started the waterworks, please describe) 48 29.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2012, 08:25 PM   #201
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Default Re: HONEST Answers Only... Did You Cry? (SPOILERS)

Old 12-29-2012, 08:40 PM   #202
MAKAVELI25
Side-Kick

I'm probably gonna be considered a jerk for saying this, but if you're a grown man and you cried at any point during The Dark Knight Rises you should be embarassed. Seriously

MAKAVELI25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:53 PM   #203
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAVELI25 View Post
I'm probably gonna be considered a jerk for saying this, but if you're a grown man and you cried at any point during The Dark Knight Rises you should be embarassed. Seriously
Lol, I guess a good percentage of my midnight showing should be embarrassed.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:55 PM   #204
kvz5
HBIC

Knowing what will happen already robbed me of the chance to cry but the scenes that got me the most emotionally were the Bruce/Alfred confrontation, Alfred crying at Bruce's funeral, and Batman revealing himself to Gordon.

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #205
MAKAVELI25
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Lol, I guess a good percentage of my midnight showing should be embarrassed.
It is what it is. I'm as big a fan of the trilogy as anyone on the board, but there's not a scene in the whole trilogy that should have a grown man even close to tears. There's some cool sentimental moments but still....

Old 12-29-2012, 09:11 PM   #206
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
It is what it is. I'm as big a fan of the trilogy as anyone on the board, but there's not a scene in the whole trilogy that should have a grown man even close to tears. There's some cool sentimental moments but still....
I'm not really a crier either when it comes to movies, but hey, like you said it is what it is. Some fans wear their hearts on their sleeves more than others, and I could understand the rush of emotions towards the end since it's been such a long journey with this trilogy.

Mind you, these folks weren't sobbing uncontrollably, but I saw a lot of watery eyes.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:13 AM   #207
Mr. Todd
Side-Kick

The ending was very powerful, but nothing in the entire trilogy moved me to tears.

I haven't cried during a movie since I was a small child (I remember, I watched Saving Private Ryan at a way too young age), and the only film in years that made me come close was Les Miserables, when I saw it three days ago.

Quote:
Harsh, but I'd have to agree...

Last edited by Mr. Todd; 12-30-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Mr. Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:20 AM   #208
Baramos
Side-Kick

I actually didn't cry during this one at all, for some reason. And I have teared up at other things (most recently something on Game of Thrones if I remember correctly) so if they were trying to get me to cry with this one they failed in that regard...

Baramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:39 AM   #209
Piper Maru
Side-Kick

I cried when Boromir died.

Piper Maru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:45 AM   #210
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

I've never cried during a movie nor understood how anyone could.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:50 AM   #211
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
I wouldn't go that far. There are some scenes in movies that are certainly powerful enough to bring you to tears. But there's none in the Dark Knight trilogy, IMO.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:32 AM   #212
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

The "Alfred leaving Bruce" scene is what always chokes me up and makes me teary eyed. "I never wanted you to come back to Gotham" speech and Alfred at the grave also comes close.

And the whole ending montage also puts a little lump in my throat just because of it's beauty.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:42 AM   #213
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
I never understood why someone would not cry or get teary eyed during a movie that affects them in that way.

That's why movies are such an amazing art-form to me, in how much they can manage to affect me if they hit my spots. And not just with tears, but with laughs, gasps, tensing, goosebumps/nice shivers, smiles etc.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
Old 12-30-2012, 07:46 AM   #214
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Why does it make a difference if you are a man or a woman?

And from my point of view, it's absolutely nothing to be embarassed of. It's ok if one can't understand it, but to say you should be embarassed? That's just a classic closed minded, macho and tough guy attitude that I generally can't stand.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:56 AM   #215
Tequilla
Side-Kick

No.

Quote:
Yeah i also thought that before watching Grave of the Fireflies (not he understanding part , i clearly understand that. Its a very simple emotional connection we have with things

And as im getting older , im definitely starting to be more sentimental , so i'll probably cry a little more in the future

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #216
MAKAVELI25
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
Why does it make a difference if you are a man or a woman?

And from my point of view, it's absolutely nothing to be embarassed of. It's ok if one can't understand it, but to say you should be embarassed? That's just a classic closed minded, macho and tough guy attitude that I generally can't stand.
It's not meant to be a macho/tough guy anything, but how do you justify an adult male crying during a superhero movie?

Old 12-30-2012, 01:24 PM   #217
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's not meant to be a macho/tough guy anything, but how do you justify an adult male crying during a superhero movie?
Well, the problem with this is the fact that you seem to be classifying it as "Just a superhero movie." Would it be alright if it was animated? Or there was no Batman? And, if not, why not? Why is it not justifiable for someone to be overtaken with emotions during a movie (especially one that reaches back to childhood memories) that they cry out of joy or sadness?

Snow Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #218
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
What an ignorant thing to say.

I have cried at the ending of TDKR and I have cried to the "Swan Song" episode of Supernatural. And I gladly mention these.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #219
Ryan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
There was several great emotional scenes, but not one of them brought me close to tears. No scene in the trilogy did.
Quote for truth. I haven't really found most of Nolan's films to be overly emotional tear jerkers and the Dark Knight Trilogy was no exception.

Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #220
MAKAVELI25
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
What an ignorant thing to say.

I have cried at the ending of TDKR and I have cried to the "Swan Song" episode of Supernatural. And I gladly mention these.
My point stands. It is what it is, I knew some people would get offended but its true

Old 12-30-2012, 01:58 PM   #221
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Quote:
My point stands. It is what it is, I knew some people would get offended but its true
How is it true? Because you didn't? You can't judge someone else's emotions. If people were crying because of how 'beautiful' the latest Twilight or whatever, I'd understand where you were coming from (incest, pedophilia, bestiality, necrophilia, totally a beautiful thing). But when it comes to something that people have invested years watching and being interested in (not counting any years prior that they may have been reading the comics or watching the Burton films...or those other ones that shall not be named), what's wrong with crying that it's over? I know people who cried during the last Harry Potter and while I didn't think it was a great movie, I understood because they had grown up with the franchise and become so invested in the characters. Same goes for The Dark Knight Rises.

Snow Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #222
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Quote for truth. I haven't really found most of Nolan's films to be overly emotional tear jerkers and the Dark Knight Trilogy was no exception.
Indeed. It's not that there isn't any great emotional scenes in them, because there's plenty. It's just none of them have come close to evoking tears. At least not for me. I have shed a tear or two in my time at the movies. But not for the TDK trilogy. In fact no comic book movie has managed it.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 12-30-2012 at 02:19 PM.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #223
MAKAVELI25
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Indeed. It's not that there isn't any great emotional scenes in them, because there's plenty. It's just none of them have come close to evoking tears. At least not for me. I have shed a tear or two in my time at the movies. But not for the TDK trilogy. In fact no comic book movie has managed it.
Exactly, I love this trilogy just as much as anybody, but I cant imagine how anyone who is not a child (especially a dude) could be moved to tears by any part of the trilogy. The Alfred scenes in TDKR were somber but still......

Old 12-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #224
the5timechamp
Side-Kick

my wife was damn close to crying when it seemed Batman died... I was too upset during my first viewing to get affected by what was going on.

the5timechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:44 PM   #225
Human Torch
Mandatory Fun

I can't say I actually cried,but when Bats clued Gordon in before taking off in the Bat,I felt it was very moving.

Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote