The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Age of Extinction

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 11:56 PM   #26
Filmboy
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 396
Default Re: Transformers 4 lead may be female

Earlier this month, it was reported that young actors Nicola Peltz (The Last Airbender) and Brenton Thwaites (Maleficent) were cast in Michael Bay's fourth and reportedly final Transformers movie. Peltz was said to be playing the daughter of Mark Wahlberg's character, while Thwaites would play her race car driver boyfriend. However, Bay shortly afterwards denied this casting. Now, we have a new rumor regarding who will fill the role of the latter character. According to Iftn.ie, Irish actor Jack Reynor (What Richard Did), who was among the young actors testing for the film, has been offered the role by Bay, who is keen on Paramount Pictures to agree with the casting decision. An announcement is said to be expected within a few days. The other actors who tested for this role were Thwaites, Luke Grimes, Hunter Parrish and Landon Liboiron.

Since this source is questionable (especially with one sentence in the article reads "Reynor will take over the lead role initially played by Shia LaBeouf, who starred in the original three films, which are based on the Marvel comic series."), take this report with a grain of salt for now. We'll update once we receive official confirmation.


source: comic book movie

Filmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:24 AM   #27
Matt312
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 212
Default Re: Transformers 4 lead may be female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmboy View Post
Earlier this month, it was reported that young actors Nicola Peltz (The Last Airbender) and Brenton Thwaites (Maleficent) were cast in Michael Bay's fourth and reportedly final Transformers movie. Peltz was said to be playing the daughter of Mark Wahlberg's character, while Thwaites would play her race car driver boyfriend. However, Bay shortly afterwards denied this casting. Now, we have a new rumor regarding who will fill the role of the latter character. According to Iftn.ie, Irish actor Jack Reynor (What Richard Did), who was among the young actors testing for the film, has been offered the role by Bay, who is keen on Paramount Pictures to agree with the casting decision. An announcement is said to be expected within a few days. The other actors who tested for this role were Thwaites, Luke Grimes, Hunter Parrish and Landon Liboiron.

Since this source is questionable (especially with one sentence in the article reads "Reynor will take over the lead role initially played by Shia LaBeouf, who starred in the original three films, which are based on the Marvel comic series."), take this report with a grain of salt for now. We'll update once we receive official confirmation.


source: comic book movie
BINGO. No official confirmation.

Matt312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:20 PM   #28
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 59,710
Default Re: Transformers 4 lead may be female

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=98641

Bay just cast an Irish actor named Jack Reynor to play the racer boyfriend of the Wahlberg's daughter.

__________________
The only thing funnier than watching stupid people argue is watching smart people argue.
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:21 PM   #29
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,226
Default Re: Transformers 4 lead may be female

So new trilogy eh? Thought he said this was the last.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #30
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 24,210
Default Re: Transformers 4 lead may be female

^He didnt say he was directing the next trilogy, but honestly, I wouldnt mind it at this point. Lets face it, this franchise has been his and will continue to be so even if other directors take over, they will need to follow the previous movies and whats been established in them. So I say let Bay continue.

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #31
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time
 
Avangarde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,703
Default Re: Transformers 4 lead may be female

I think I'll have swollen eyes by the time Transformers 6 comes out

__________________

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Avangarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #32
Filmboy
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 396
Default Re: Transformers 4 lead may be female

Congratulations to Jack Reynor on scoring the second male lead.

Great News.

I do think Reynor is a much better choice than the previously rumoured Brenton Thwaites.

Filmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:13 AM   #33
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,226
Default Re: Transformers 4 lead may be female

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
^He didnt say he was directing the next trilogy, but honestly, I wouldnt mind it at this point. Lets face it, this franchise has been his and will continue to be so even if other directors take over, they will need to follow the previous movies and whats been established in them. So I say let Bay continue.
I dont have a problem with that. Just thought he previously said 4 ends it.

I enjoy these flicks for the most part. They anger yet amaze me...

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #34
Filmboy
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 396
Default Re: Transformers 4 lead may be female

So is Nicola Peltz still playing the female lead??

I just hope Bay will cast a credible actress and not some Victoria Secrets model.

Filmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #35
Filmboy
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 396
Default Re: Transformers 4 lead may be female

Does anyone knows when filming will start? Maybe this Summer??

Filmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:47 AM   #36
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 24,210
Default Re: Transformers 4 lead may be female

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I dont have a problem with that. Just thought he previously said 4 ends it.

I enjoy these flicks for the most part. They anger yet amaze me...
Ha ha yeah I am the same. I think Bay said TF4 would be HIS last, and he was setting it up for the next guy, I think he is starting a trilogy with TF4 then maybe letting someone else take the reigns, though it wouldnt surprise if he ended up directing the next 2 either.

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #37
Filmboy
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 396
Default Re: Transformers 4 lead may be female

imdb is really slow in updating news.

It still has Brenton Thwaites in the cast list where it should have been Jack Reynor.

Filmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #38
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,226
Default Re: Transformers 4 lead may be female

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Ha ha yeah I am the same. I think Bay said TF4 would be HIS last, and he was setting it up for the next guy, I think he is starting a trilogy with TF4 then maybe letting someone else take the reigns, though it wouldnt surprise if he ended up directing the next 2 either.
Yeah I probably misread when he mentioned that this was his final. The money they make is crazy, pretty much an automatic success for Bay. Wouldnt be surprised either if he directs the next few.


Last edited by def28; 01-21-2013 at 12:10 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #39
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 59,710
Default Re: Transformers 4 lead may be female

As long as he's open to expanding the character base into more of the G1 canon.

__________________
The only thing funnier than watching stupid people argue is watching smart people argue.
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #40
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,226
Default Re: Transformers 4 lead may be female

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
As long as he's open to expanding the character base into more of the G1 canon.
Agreed. Im not counting too much on that happening given the past 2, but I hope they try to make a stronger effort this time around in that area.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #41
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The future, where else would I be?
Posts: 18,044
Default Re: Transformers 4 lead may be female

It would be interesting to watch this movie without Shia LaBeouf. I think this movie will still be successful without him. People watch these Transformers movies because of the robots not because of Shia.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ICEMAN | PORTRAYED BY SHAWN ASHMORE
"Welcome to mutant high" - X1
"Call me Iceman" - X2
"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.