The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Age of Extinction

Old 12-29-2012, 11:56 PM   #26
Filmboy
Banned User

Default Re: Transformers 4 lead may be female

Earlier this month, it was reported that young actors Nicola Peltz (The Last Airbender) and Brenton Thwaites (Maleficent) were cast in Michael Bay's fourth and reportedly final Transformers movie. Peltz was said to be playing the daughter of Mark Wahlberg's character, while Thwaites would play her race car driver boyfriend. However, Bay shortly afterwards denied this casting. Now, we have a new rumor regarding who will fill the role of the latter character. According to Iftn.ie, Irish actor Jack Reynor (What Richard Did), who was among the young actors testing for the film, has been offered the role by Bay, who is keen on Paramount Pictures to agree with the casting decision. An announcement is said to be expected within a few days. The other actors who tested for this role were Thwaites, Luke Grimes, Hunter Parrish and Landon Liboiron.

Since this source is questionable (especially with one sentence in the article reads "Reynor will take over the lead role initially played by Shia LaBeouf, who starred in the original three films, which are based on the Marvel comic series."), take this report with a grain of salt for now. We'll update once we receive official confirmation.

source: comic book movie

Filmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:24 AM   #27
Matt312
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmboy View Post
Earlier this month, it was reported that young actors Nicola Peltz (The Last Airbender) and Brenton Thwaites (Maleficent) were cast in Michael Bay's fourth and reportedly final Transformers movie. Peltz was said to be playing the daughter of Mark Wahlberg's character, while Thwaites would play her race car driver boyfriend. However, Bay shortly afterwards denied this casting. Now, we have a new rumor regarding who will fill the role of the latter character. According to Iftn.ie, Irish actor Jack Reynor (What Richard Did), who was among the young actors testing for the film, has been offered the role by Bay, who is keen on Paramount Pictures to agree with the casting decision. An announcement is said to be expected within a few days. The other actors who tested for this role were Thwaites, Luke Grimes, Hunter Parrish and Landon Liboiron.

Since this source is questionable (especially with one sentence in the article reads "Reynor will take over the lead role initially played by Shia LaBeouf, who starred in the original three films, which are based on the Marvel comic series."), take this report with a grain of salt for now. We'll update once we receive official confirmation.

source: comic book movie
BINGO. No official confirmation.

Matt312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:20 PM   #28
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=98641

Bay just cast an Irish actor named Jack Reynor to play the racer boyfriend of the Wahlberg's daughter.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:21 PM   #29
def28
Side-Kick

So new trilogy eh? Thought he said this was the last.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #30
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^He didnt say he was directing the next trilogy, but honestly, I wouldnt mind it at this point. Lets face it, this franchise has been his and will continue to be so even if other directors take over, they will need to follow the previous movies and whats been established in them. So I say let Bay continue.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #31
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

I think I'll have swollen eyes by the time Transformers 6 comes out

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Avangarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #32
Filmboy
Banned User

Congratulations to Jack Reynor on scoring the second male lead.

Great News.

I do think Reynor is a much better choice than the previously rumoured Brenton Thwaites.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:13 AM   #33
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
^He didnt say he was directing the next trilogy, but honestly, I wouldnt mind it at this point. Lets face it, this franchise has been his and will continue to be so even if other directors take over, they will need to follow the previous movies and whats been established in them. So I say let Bay continue.
I dont have a problem with that. Just thought he previously said 4 ends it.

I enjoy these flicks for the most part. They anger yet amaze me...

Old 01-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #34
Filmboy
Banned User

So is Nicola Peltz still playing the female lead??

I just hope Bay will cast a credible actress and not some Victoria Secrets model.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #35
Filmboy
Banned User

Does anyone knows when filming will start? Maybe this Summer??

Old 01-14-2013, 08:47 AM   #36
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I dont have a problem with that. Just thought he previously said 4 ends it.

I enjoy these flicks for the most part. They anger yet amaze me...
Ha ha yeah I am the same. I think Bay said TF4 would be HIS last, and he was setting it up for the next guy, I think he is starting a trilogy with TF4 then maybe letting someone else take the reigns, though it wouldnt surprise if he ended up directing the next 2 either.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #37
Filmboy
Banned User

imdb is really slow in updating news.

It still has Brenton Thwaites in the cast list where it should have been Jack Reynor.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #38
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Ha ha yeah I am the same. I think Bay said TF4 would be HIS last, and he was setting it up for the next guy, I think he is starting a trilogy with TF4 then maybe letting someone else take the reigns, though it wouldnt surprise if he ended up directing the next 2 either.
Yeah I probably misread when he mentioned that this was his final. The money they make is crazy, pretty much an automatic success for Bay. Wouldnt be surprised either if he directs the next few.

Last edited by def28; 01-21-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #39
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

As long as he's open to expanding the character base into more of the G1 canon.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #40
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
As long as he's open to expanding the character base into more of the G1 canon.
Agreed. Im not counting too much on that happening given the past 2, but I hope they try to make a stronger effort this time around in that area.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #41
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

It would be interesting to watch this movie without Shia LaBeouf. I think this movie will still be successful without him. People watch these Transformers movies because of the robots not because of Shia.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote